Dallas may limit sex offender homes

There are 20 comments on the Quick story from Oct 1, 2006, titled Dallas may limit sex offender homes. In it, Quick reports that:

Dallas' registered sex offenders could soon face greater limits on where they can live - restrictions on par with those gaining popularity in North Texas suburbs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Quick.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Burnett

Wichita Falls, TX

#1 Oct 2, 2006
Lets limit them to living in prison.
Stromquist

Warren, NJ

#3 Oct 4, 2006
Burnett wrote:
Now thats a restriction I could agree with.
steve

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Oct 4, 2006
Yes lets be irrational about this.The fact of the matter is a lot of sex offenders really aren't perverts.A lot of young men made a mistake and involved 14-17 year old girls that usually came on to them and told them they were adults.A lot of the offenders I've seen were only 2-3 years older than the "kids" they "assualted".With that said there are some of these that are perverts such as molesting little girls and boys and these people should at least be closely monitered for most of thier life.
Roxy

Garland, TX

#7 Oct 4, 2006
Steve how long were you in for?
steve

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Oct 4, 2006
Roxy wrote:
Steve how long were you in for?
Sorry to burst your bubble but I've never seen the inside of a cell.
steve

Fort Worth, TX

#9 Oct 4, 2006
Sensitivity Trainer wrote:
<quoted text>You have done a wonderful job of being irrarional about this.
I'm just defending the people on the list that I don't feel are perverts.Would I get rid of the sex offender list?No,but I would revise what constitutes a sexual predater and what constitutes a fucking mistake.Luckily I'm passed the age where I have to card girls.But back in my early twentys I was hit on by girls that sometimes ended up being under age.I always carded before any physical interaction so it was no big deal.But what about the guys that aren't as carefull as I was.When you are 18-20 and a male most guys don't thik to card.
I feel that true child molesters should get 10-20 years and major mental help.If they get caught again
bamm life in jail.That as rational as I can get.
Burnett

Wichita Falls, TX

#14 Oct 13, 2006
steve wrote:
Yes lets be irrational about this.The fact of the matter is a lot of sex offenders really aren't perverts.A lot of young men made a mistake and involved 14-17 year old girls that usually came on to them and told them they were adults.A lot of the offenders I've seen were only 2-3 years older than the "kids" they "assualted".With that said there are some of these that are perverts such as molesting little girls and boys and these people should at least be closely monitered for most of thier life.
Any adult that is involved with a 14 year old is a sick puke that needs to do jail time.
M1K3L

UK

#15 Oct 13, 2006
Burnett wrote:
<quoted text>
Any adult that is involved with a 14 year old is a sick puke that needs to do jail time.
You think thats sick you should visit Belfast, nuff said
Kyle

United States

#16 Oct 31, 2006
I hate them, espically when they threaten to kill them afterwards. i just think they need to live on a tiny island alone with themselves and see what happens to them,maybe they will rape each other lol.
CONCERNED

Levelland, TX

#17 Oct 31, 2006
They should be monitored heavily ,and have signs in thier yards ,or on thier cars ,some places make convicted drunk drivers drive with a sign on thier car saying the have been convicted of a DWI ,why not sex offenders too.
CONCERNED

Levelland, TX

#18 Oct 31, 2006
steve wrote:
I see where your coming from ,yes there have been SOME that got involved with some one underage ,with out knowing the victims real age ,but certian states have whats called ,STATUTORY laws ,which means that any one under a certian age ,even tho they may have consented are not MATURE enough to know that having sex is not legal when your say like 13 - 16 .In Texas the consent age is 17 ,and for a statutory charge to stick there can be no more than 18 months difference in thier ages .
Neil

Garland, TX

#20 Nov 6, 2006
Violating a child sexually--there is nothing that generates a more gut-wrenching emotion, I agree. But, if we are going to be a nation of law, we cannot just at will add punishments when a person's sentence is already over. Like limiting where they might live. Really the whole idea of a registry is really just a dream of protection anyway. If somebody is bent on doing something, they are going to do it. I understand 80 to 90% of sex offenses are done by people who are known to the victim, and sadly, especially family members. So limiting where someone is going to live is so artificial. It's really a mob mentality, I think, of trying to only further punish someone who we don't like. I know sex offenders personally and it is a broad, broad brush to paint with when you try to say they are ALL the same. The most serious and repeat offenders, they will get very long sentences. But the lesser charges, they need to be handled differently. Otherwise, it's all for political show and it doesn't prevent one single sexual crime. If somebody is intent on taking the time and effort to win a child's confidence, they will find a way, no matter where they live.
Good by

Dallas, TX

#21 Dec 3, 2006
CONCERNED wrote:
They should be monitored heavily ,and have signs in thier yards ,or on thier cars ,some places make convicted drunk drivers drive with a sign on thier car saying the have been convicted of a DWI ,why not sex offenders too.
Plus a mark on the forhead that says sex offender.
truck5029

Livonia, MI

#22 Feb 1, 2007
lets take this to the ultment end and put any one thats commeted a crime,or we dont like, brand them, lock them all away. Then we all can feel safe. Or can we?
pluto

Henderson, TX

#23 Feb 1, 2007
sex offenders sentence their victims to a lifetime sentence. why should anyone even think about not punishing them to the fullest extent of the law, no plea bargan, no rehab. just jail time in the general population, convicts have their own justice for pedifiles.
Quanel-X

Baesweiler, Germany

#24 Feb 2, 2007
I didn't know she was thuyteen she looked fiteen to me...
steve wrote:

“the baby who would be king!!!!”

Since: Jan 07

fort worth

#25 Feb 14, 2007
Burnett wrote:
better yet let's limit them to not living

research proves out more and more that these things cannot and will not be "cured"
sir shagnasty

Henderson, TX

#27 Feb 14, 2007
where there is smoke there is generally fire, child molesters need to be dealt with, now my suggestion is a tall tree and a short rope.
mike

United States

#28 Feb 28, 2007
Better yet why don't we send them to live in Alqueda training camps.I mean we are pushing these people to the End of the rope as it is and in due time we will se the backlash. Let's not forget Tim Mcvie's anger after all.

“the baby who would be king!!!!”

Since: Jan 07

fort worth

#29 Mar 1, 2007
sir shagnasty wrote:
where there is smoke there is generally fire, child molesters need to be dealt with, now my suggestion is a tall tree and a short rope.
only if you tie the rope to something that is not the neck !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pamela Geller's Inaugural $10k Muhammad Art Con... 3 min Gas Woman 184
Would We Allow a Cartoon Contest to Disrespect ... 2 hr Culture Auditor 4
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 2 hr sarabella 643
News Action Over Illegal Immigration Raises Rigid De... 4 hr El Guapo 114
RISD Destination Imagination Teams 13 hr jdever 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 13 hr fartering 826
News Texas Shooting: American Freedom Defense Initia... 13 hr Mikey 11
More from around the web

Plano People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]