N.H. man charged with third OUI

N.H. man charged with third OUI

There are 56 comments on the Lowell Sun story from May 12, 2008, titled N.H. man charged with third OUI. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A 41-year-old New Hampshire man is facing a third drunken-driving charge after police say he struck a utility pole along Gorham Street, and then fell out of his car when officers tracked him down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lowering the Bar

United States

#45 May 13, 2008
Didn't the guy get cited for driving after revocation?
her

Windsor, CT

#46 May 13, 2008
Lowering the Bar wrote:
Didn't the guy get cited for driving after revocation?
That's part of the problem these dolts still get behind the wheel whether they have a valid licence or not. Something more strict needs to be done so they don't have this opportunity. Whether it be jail or I don't know maybe we could cut their hands off after the 2nd or 3rd offence. Its a problem that's not easily solved but someone needs to come up with a reasonable idea soon. Nothing we are doing now is working.
mike

Gloucester, MA

#47 May 13, 2008
Sacrafyc wrote:
IMO that is completley irrelevant to this conversation, but if you feel that way about the gang members what about the white kids in those gangs??? should we send them to ireland and italy or wherever it is they came from??? save your biggotry for elsewhere loser
you spell like youve been drinking...

“Hard Working NOLA dude”

Since: Jan 08

Lowell Massachusetts

#48 May 13, 2008
her wrote:
<quoted text>
That's part of the problem these dolts still get behind the wheel whether they have a valid licence or not. Something more strict needs to be done so they don't have this opportunity. Whether it be jail or I don't know maybe we could cut their hands off after the 2nd or 3rd offence. Its a problem that's not easily solved but someone needs to come up with a reasonable idea soon. Nothing we are doing now is working.
You have inspired me. Imagine all vehicles equipped with a sensing device in the area of the drivers floor board. It seeks electronic impulses generated by court ordered anklets. If you are convicted and with out a license to drive, you must were the device. Which will prevent the vehicle from starting if the person in the drivers seat happens to be wearing the court ordered electronic anklet.

That way
her

Windsor, CT

#49 May 13, 2008
gottagift wrote:
<quoted text>
You have inspired me. Imagine all vehicles equipped with a sensing device in the area of the drivers floor board. It seeks electronic impulses generated by court ordered anklets. If you are convicted and with out a license to drive, you must were the device. Which will prevent the vehicle from starting if the person in the drivers seat happens to be wearing the court ordered electronic anklet.
I suppose that it maybe coming to that... I also suppose who ever invents it will make millions maybe you just found your niche.
That way
Lowering the Bar

United States

#50 May 13, 2008
They already have those devices that you have to blow into in order to start the car. They charge so much for them that some people convicted of drunk driving don't bother getting one and just drive illegally.
dhp

Lowell, MA

#51 May 14, 2008
this person should never be able to drive again
judge and jury

Braintree, MA

#52 May 16, 2008
It's unbelievable how when someone gets arrested for drunk driving how many people come out of the woodwork acting like goody too shoes.All you people saying lock him up, never drive again, get real.The drinking and driving laws are so stringet now you can't even go out to dinner and have 2 drinks without being"LEGALLY" drunk. People lose their licences and it leads to higher unemployment cause people can't get to and from work.So all you big mouths who parade around acting like angels get ready, cause the next time you go out to eat with you husband,wife,date, etc.,watch out cause it's gonna happen to you.You're probably the same people who say"no, my kid would never do that", and your kid has done more drugs than most people hanging out at the shelter on Middlesex St.
her

Windsor, CT

#53 May 17, 2008
judge and jury wrote:
It's unbelievable how when someone gets arrested for drunk driving how many people come out of the woodwork acting like goody too shoes.All you people saying lock him up, never drive again, get real.The drinking and driving laws are so stringet now you can't even go out to dinner and have 2 drinks without being"LEGALLY" drunk. People lose their licences and it leads to higher unemployment cause people can't get to and from work.So all you big mouths who parade around acting like angels get ready, cause the next time you go out to eat with you husband,wife,date, etc.,watch out cause it's gonna happen to you.You're probably the same people who say"no, my kid would never do that", and your kid has done more drugs than most people hanging out at the shelter on Middlesex St.
Missing the point I think. Not all of us are angels sure Ive gone out had a drink or two with my husband, BUT I have not been arrested for DUI and then gone and done it not one but 2 more times. Its the habitual thing that gets people irritated. Learn from your mistakes. Don't continue to do it over and over again and put others at risk. That's all.

“Hard Working NOLA dude”

Lowell Massachusetts

#54 May 17, 2008
her wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that it maybe coming to that... I also suppose who ever invents it will make millions maybe you just found your niche.
That way
I never been much for making money. I am happy with what God gives me. And i am happy to use what i have been giving to help others.

Now, a Nobel Peace Prize would be nice :)

“Hard Working NOLA dude”

Lowell Massachusetts

#55 May 17, 2008
dhp wrote:
this person should never be able to drive again
And then there are the ones that call their kid over to the car and say "Johnny, blow into the tube for me." I'm talking about something that would be standard on all vehicles. A common as a catalytic converter.

If there is one thing the Automotive industry wants, it is to sell the safest most reliable auto available. We don't need the Government to push this down to us. We need us to push this on the government.

Install it at the Auto plant. Then blame the Government if they let one of their convicts get behind the wheel without the anti-start anklet.

Since: May 08

Hollywood, FL

#56 May 18, 2008
gottagift wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't Judge, i try to understand. I try to SEE a problem and it's cause. Then look for a solution. How would it make this mans life better by putting him in Jail for two years?
If he had killed somebody, or severely hurt somebody, i would not be so compassionate. By being arrested four times, you have to understand what a lucky break this guy is getting.
I'm not saying the screws should not be tightened on this man. He does need some stern guidance, yes, even a grow man. But it is important to do so in a way that helps to build this mans life up, and not tear it down.
When you consider a Judges actions, you must realize that Justice is not solely meant to be a tool of the prosecution. But also as a balance for the defendant. That is something that all prosecutors are keenly aware of.
If i were a prosecutor, i would seek to put him in jail for 2 1/2 years. That would be my job, those would be my tools.
I am just glad that this sorrowful man did not hurt anybody. And that he has been giving a lucky break. A chance to reform himself.
? I Dont get your logic, what we should wait until he kills someone! com'on
Captain

Braintree, MA

#57 May 19, 2008
Drinking in the morning wrote:
Man...I couldn't think of a better way to start the day. I have to commend this man. While most people are still in bed, sleeping off the drinks they had the previous night, this man wastes no time to starting the day. I wonder what he said to himself when he woke up that morning. "I'm ganna drink so much that I won't remember my name by noon." Haha well looks like he beat his own personal best. Keep on keeping on. Someone buy this man a drink. I'm sure he needs it.
I couldn't think of a better way to start the day!Wash down my breakfast with BUD and a little vodka,and off to work I go.

asa

Since: Dec 06

NH / Austin TX

#58 May 20, 2008
1 - Any type of restriction added to the car will need a major push as most of the Libitarians and ACLU types will protest.

2 - Make one was an add on and bring to CES. Best place to get seen for the car industry than trying to get an hour of some auto admin type's time.

3 - Permanent jail terms.
idiot

Salisbury, MA

#59 May 20, 2008
too bad he didnt crash into a middle school
Kevin from Lowell

Plymouth, MA

#60 May 20, 2008
What happened to calling a cab! It has to be cheaper than fines, lost work time, lawyers and not to mention living with the fact that you killed someone because you where stupid enough to drive when you where cocked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plaistow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bernie sanders supporters Aug 3 Bernie lover 1
Hillary clinton IRS investigation Jul '16 Norman VN 1
Rob Waters Megastore (Feb '10) Jul '16 Renee 11
Beatles For Sale coming to Hampstead Jun '16 New England Music... 1
Wanda Cote (Aug '13) Jun '16 gorgeous 11
Review: USA 1 Motors (Jan '15) Jan '15 needtoshuthimdown 1
badwolf @ the racks tavern rt 125 (Aug '14) Aug '14 Anonymous 1

Plaistow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance