Rob Waters Megastore
walterj

New York, NY

#1 Feb 3, 2010
I don't normally complain about people, but I had such a bad experience with a local merchant, I had to say something. My son was trying to buy a used car, and ended up at the Rob Waters Megastore in town, Plaistow. Everything started out fine. We made a gentleman's agreement with Rob on a car, and agreed on a price. Rob said no deposit was neccessary. The car needed a couple of minor issues resolved before we came back with our money and tags. 12 hours went by, the next morning actually, and suddenly the deal dissloved, and they tried to extort more money for the car. They then went on to say that the car was no longer available, it required more work, and someone else had bought it. Nice. Whatever happened to people sticking by thier word. No integrity. Very disappointing. I checked thier rating with the BBB, they have an F, no ratng below that!
jason

Ellsworth, ME

#2 Mar 4, 2011
my wife and i bought a truck at rob waters megastore , and we had the worst service ever! we were there over 5 hours they tried to sell us a truck with no catalytic converter BIG TIME ILLEGAL and when all was said and done they didnt want to give us our temp plates , and the paper work is not filled out properly so i cant even register the truck! never buy there ever!
jtj

Manchester, NH

#3 Apr 17, 2011
our sales guy was on meth they tried selling us some overpriced pos. I feel bad for anyone who unknowingly bought a car from megastore or whatever they will be calling themselves one enought people complain about them

Since: Jul 11

Derry, NH

#4 Jul 13, 2011
Walter J from New York. I am personally sorry that you feel that you were wronged. We likely did not take a deposit on the vehicle because there were issues that needed to be addressed and we did not you to commit to the purchase until those issues were identified and addressed properly. We most likely wanted to be certain the vehicle was suitable for purchase, which is most likely why we did not accept a deposit on the vehicle. There are times when it is not cost effective to repair issues on a used vehicle and consequently the vehicle can not be sold to the retail public. We most likely could not make the vehicle suitable for retail sale, therefore did not sell the vehicle retail. In this situation we were honest in saying we did not feel the vehicle was suitable for retail purchase. We are in business to sell vehicles and would not take such action unless it was was the best interest of our customers. We are open to suggestions as to how we could handle situations like the one described in a better manner.

Derry, NH

#5 Jul 13, 2011
Jason, we regret you were not satisfied with your purchase. If we sell a vehicle without a catalytic converter usually it is because there is a high performance exhaust installed. This is disclosed to the customer and consequently we can not issue a NH temporary plate. We are not sure why you were at the dealership for over five hours, maybe waiting for financing approval, however we are unable to control the banks with which we do business. Knowing now that you were displeased with waiting we do wish that you had chosen to comeback for delivery on another day. If you purchased a vehicle and are unable to register it because of missing paperwork from the dealership, the instance would be the first for us in over 20 years of business and we apologize. Please call the dealership and ask for Joe at 800-382-1555 and if we can not supply you with the proper legal documentation required for the sale of a motor vehicle in the State of New Hampshire we will gladly refund your money.

Derry, NH

#6 Jul 13, 2011
JTJ, We are not sure if you purchased a vehicle from our dealership and are equally unsure if one of our sales guys was on "meth", however we take such accusations very seriously and with your posting we intend to move up our annual drug testing and if one of our associates is using illegal narcotics they will be dismissed. We have sold over 10,000 vehicles in the past 20 years with countless repeat customers and we could only find 3 unfavorable postings, 2 by a dissatisfied potential customers. We could not find any postings with complaints about the quality of the product that we sell. We make every attempt to ensure all customers are satisfied and we take all concerns seriously, however your concern is rather vague and limited in scope. Please call Joe at 800-382-1555 if you would like to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Derry, NH

#7 Jul 13, 2011
In relation to BBB ratings The dealership is "Megastore Wholesale", and has a "B" rating due to 1 complaint in 3 years. During that time the dealership sold over 2000 vehicles. Rob Waters Suzuki, the parent company has an "A-" rating. There is no dealership named "Rob Waters Megastore".
Thank you very much for reading these replies.
john silva

Haverhill, MA

#8 Aug 7, 2011
The reason Rob Waters keeps changing the name of his business is because when people find out the way he runs the business he changes the name thinking that the problem goes away.He is a con artist and cares for nobody but himself ,there for he lies to customers to make as much money as he can even if he makes there life hard,i fell sorry for people like him .He has no morals or any values.God will judge his actions.
Austen

Enfield, CT

#9 Oct 1, 2011
My father bought a truck from the Megastore years ago (which he still owns, drives, and maintains), when I was looking for a vehicle he told me to look them up. I found a great Jeep Liberty with 36K miles on their website. We made the three hour drive, and I drove away with the greatest vehicle I have ever owned. I drove that Liberty for two years, never had a single problem with it. The only money I ever put into it was a K&N drop in air filter, and to tint the front two windows to match the rest of the windows. I drove the Liberty back to the megastore this past spring and traded it on an amazing Jeep Wrangler that is parked in my driveway now. We had an issue with the paperwork,(things happen) but it was resolved with a simple phone call. The Salesman Rob Gibbons (or Gibson) bent over backwards to help me get financing that I should have never even had! With the Liberty they introduced me to Digital Credit Union (I love them) with the Wrangler I had to go with Hanscom Federal, also another good CU.

I found this post thread today because I googled Rob Waters Plaisto NH because I can never remember their website and I want to trade my 04 Wrangler for a newer one if they have one. I am about to check their inventory right now.

I even recommended the Megastore to my best friend. Also do not believe everything you read on the internet. I want to buy my third jeep from this place!
James

Worcester, MA

#10 Mar 26, 2012
Rob Waters is a con-man. I know several people that have worked for him and he screws them all. There are a ton of used car salesman who refuse to work for him because he is such a scumbag. Imagine that used car salesman refuse to work for him. If he screws people that work for him imagine what he does to people that buy cars from him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plaistow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Jul 15 Grunt56 31
News Two arrested for smoking pot in car (Nov '10) Jun '15 QueenB 4
As a LifeShare Home Provider; enhancing life fo... Apr '15 kurman 1
Wanda Cote (Aug '13) Mar '15 everett 8
News N.H. Mom Charged In Deadly Police Chase (Aug '06) Mar '15 Apg143 254
Review: USA 1 Motors (Jan '15) Jan '15 needtoshuthimdown 1
badwolf @ the racks tavern rt 125 (Aug '14) Aug '14 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plaistow Mortgages