Seven arrested in "chop shop" operation

Seven arrested in "chop shop" operation

There are 14 comments on the UnionLeader.com story from Jun 17, 2010, titled Seven arrested in "chop shop" operation. In it, UnionLeader.com reports that:

Seven people were arrested in connection with a "chop shop" operated in the city over the past several months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at UnionLeader.com.

Rick

United States

#1 Jun 20, 2010
I have been hearing Jim Berry's name in relationship to various thefts for almost twenty years.
He's a little scum bag.
Ken H

Windham, NH

#2 Jun 22, 2010
Rick wrote:
I have been hearing Jim Berry's name in relationship to various thefts for almost twenty years.
He's a little scum bag.
He's also been known to do things for money that a lot of guys would not do. If you know what I mean.
Just me

Westford, MA

#3 Jun 22, 2010
Ken H wrote:
<quoted text>
He's also been known to do things for money that a lot of guys would not do. If you know what I mean.
Then he will do fine in prison.... YUCK.....
Ken H

Windham, NH

#4 Jun 25, 2010
This spring, members of the Problem Oriented Policing Unit (POP) obtained information identifying possible suspects in a "chop shop" and, based on that information, seized three different vehicles that had parts in them that were stripped from a Mustang stolen in Plaistow.

On Tuesday and Wednesday police arrested seven people. They are:

* Jeffrey Ortiz-Rodriguez, 31, of 3 Lessard St., receiving stolen property, a class A felony. His bail is $2,500 cash/surety.
* James Barry, 35, of 114 Elm St., receiving stolen property, three counts, performing oral sex in exchange for trying to not get arrested, and criminal liability to receiving stolen property, three counts, all class A felonies. His bail is $3,500 cash/surety or sexual favors.
* Juan Velazquez, 32, 3 A St., Hudson, receiving stolen property, six counts, all class A felonies, and two counts of receiving stolen property, class B felonies. Bail is set at $75,000 cash.
* Russell Scruggs, 20, of 4 Temple Place, receiving stolen property, a class A felony. Bail is set at $3,500 cash/surety.
* Andrew Bailey, 28, 3 New Haven Drive, Apt. 305, criminal liability to receiving stolen property, three counts, all class A felonies. His bail is $3,500 cash/surety.
* Dakota Carey, 17, of 17 Whitney St., receiving stolen property, a class B felony. His bail is $3,500 cash/surety.
* Gil Alicea, 32, of 10 Perry Ave., receiving stolen property, three counts, all class A felonies, and one count of receiving stolen property, class B felony. His bail is $10,000 cash/surety.
Growningwrizing

United States

#5 Jun 26, 2010
I see what you did there.
Lol
Stan

United States

#6 Jul 1, 2010
Rick wrote:
He's a little scum bag.
Didn't he lift a safe out of a business in Nashua when he was a kid?
Ken H

Windham, NH

#7 Jul 1, 2010
Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't he lift a safe out of a business in Nashua when he was a kid?
Sounds familiar. Probably with his buddy Greg C.
Blast From The Past

United States

#8 Jul 23, 2010
I hadn't heard the name Jim Berry in years.
I too remember a story about questionable behavior. Something about what you had to do to your local dealer to get weed from him when you gad no cash.
I hope the weed and beer washed the taste out of his mouth. Lol
Doug K

United States

#9 Jul 24, 2010
Blast From The Past wrote:
I hadn't heard the name Jim Berry in years.
I too remember a story about questionable behavior. Something about what you had to do to your local dealer to get weed from him when you gad no cash.
I hope the weed and beer washed the taste out of his mouth. Lol
Yuck. Talk about cotton mouth.....
Ken H

Windham, NH

#10 Jan 19, 2011
Any updates on this story?
Stan

Cambridge, MA

#11 Jan 20, 2011
He stole my bike as a kid and had the BALLS to try and sell it back to me. A hockey stick ended that deal. I didn't know he was a jizz gulper. I should have smashed his face in with my stick but just shaking it menacingly was enough to get my bike back...er shaking the hockey stick, that is.
Dick

Florence, MA

#12 Jan 21, 2011
Stan wrote:
He stole my bike as a kid and had the BALLS to try and sell it back to me. A hockey stick ended that deal. I didn't know he was a jizz gulper. I should have smashed his face in with my stick but just shaking it menacingly was enough to get my bike back...er shaking the hockey stick, that is.
I remember that little jerk. He would come to your house and when he left there would be stuff missing. He has spent his whole life taking stuff.
Robert S

United States

#13 Oct 29, 2011
Any update on what happened to these slugs?
Ken H

Windham, NH

#14 Aug 4, 2013
I wonder how many of these losers are back on the streets looking for stuff to steal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plaistow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.H. judge says she closes eyes, but doesn't sl... (Feb '06) Sep 25 Stephen D Clark 248
Wanda Cote (Aug '13) Sep '17 Anonymous 16
News State suspends 200-plus EMTs in certification s... (Jun '10) Jun '17 Scratch 178
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Plaistow May '17 VictorOrians 1
News Two arrested for smoking pot in car (Nov '10) Dec '16 shot to death 5
News Trump, Clinton in all-out battle for New Hampshire (Nov '16) Nov '16 TRUMP YES 3
Rob Waters Megastore (Feb '10) Jul '16 Renee 11

Plaistow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plaistow Mortgages