City welcomes Texas-style eatery

Full story: Lowell Sun

Opening a $3 million restaurant in the midst of an economic slump didn't phase Alan Kaplan.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Bronson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

Can't wait to go try this place. As for expanding and going upstairs, he should make it a blues club for Friday and Saturday nights. This area needs one real bad, the clubs are hurting. No more Sit-N-Bull, Stone Church. Tupelo is doing well, and Dantes Marlboro is a hot spot, but would really like to see something close to home.
dude

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

there should definitely be a music venue upstairs, though it'll never compare to evo's in its prime in my opinion.
Corey

Bloomfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

A blues club upstairs would be great, but we need some pool tables downtown!

“ gone to a better place”

Since: Aug 08

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

we need a blues club with a jam night, no more good jam nights anywhere. BBQ restaurants and Texas Blues go together nicely, I was in Texas from 78-81 near Austin. That's what it was all about, bring back the roadhouse.
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

Corey wrote:
A pool hall downtown would be a goldmine.Live bands, flat screen tv's, air hockey, pub food.
Corey

Bloomfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

LoWeLL 4 LifE wrote:
<quoted text>
A pool hall downtown would be a goldmine.Live bands, flat screen tv's, air hockey, pub food.
I've heard it suggested that the potential unholy union of yuppies and thugs is what keeps it from happening.

“Do NOT Feed the Trolls!!!”

Since: Jul 08

Lowell MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

So has any one been there yet? How is the food?
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Gloucester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

Corey wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard it suggested that the potential unholy union of yuppies and thugs is what keeps it from happening.
It's the senior citizens who keep it from happening. If they would just die already or move the hell out of downtown and let the city and business owners make some $$$$.Everytime someone opens a bar or restaurant the seniors or yuppies who just moved here from Cambridge complain to the city council.Merrimack street should be lined with bars and restaurants.I hate to say it, but this city could learn something from Manchester NH.Downtown Manchester is hoppin' while downtown Lowell is floppin'.

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

you know if you took the "eLL 4" your name would make more sense, why is it there anyhow, what the eLL 4?

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

took away
Well Armed Homeowner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2008

A Texas style restaurant comes to town, and a convenience store a few towns away gets held up by the Lone Ranger.
Coincidence?

Lowell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

I will try this place again but I wasn't at all pleased with the beef ribs or the baby back. The bar service was very slow but I'll attribute that to just opening and getting to know the place.
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

Does this place serve those oversized Margaritas like alot of other Texas themed restaurants?

Lowell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

No their Margaritas are the smallest I've seen and they don't like to actually put alcohol in their drinks but they do like to charge alot for them!
LoWeLL 4 LifE

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

Lowell Politics Stink wrote:
No their Margaritas are the smallest I've seen and they don't like to actually put alcohol in their drinks but they do like to charge alot for them!
Thanks for the heads up.When I go I'll bring a couple nips of tequila and add it to my Margarita.
Texas Pete

Salem, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

LoWeLL 4 LifE wrote:
<quoted text>
A gold mine for who?, the thugs and hoodlers that dominate the area?
northshore foody

Milton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

We loved this place! The space is beautiful and the food was delicious and reasonably priced! We are already fans of the Brookline venue, and now we'll definately go back to the Lowell one too!
against it

West Newton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

Corey wrote:
POOL TABLES??? Then all the hoodlums are going to go there, and then everyones gonna complain when they can't enjoy the food cause there is crazies, and murders, and drug deals all over?
Corey

Bloomfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

against it wrote:
<quoted text>
POOL TABLES??? Then all the hoodlums are going to go there, and then everyones gonna complain when they can't enjoy the food cause there is crazies, and murders, and drug deals all over?
Well, nobody's been killed at the pool hall above Lowell Beer Works yet. Maybe if there was more to do downtown than eat, the types of people that hang out downtown would change for the better.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Plaistow Discussions

Search the Plaistow Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) 6 hr Habs 25
N.H. Mom Charged In Deadly Police Chase (Aug '06) Apr 15 was in a hurry 253
Wanda Cote (Aug '13) Apr 3 Wanda Cote 4
East Kingston chief agrees to resign over use o... Feb '14 Big Gun Small Dick 1
This Week's Rare Bird Alert Jan '14 Chloe 1
N.H. judge says she closes eyes, but doesn't sl... (Feb '06) Jan '14 Bensley reality 249
Moonlite Adult store (Apr '12) Dec '13 Bill 2
•••
•••

Plaistow News Video

•••
•••

Plaistow Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Plaistow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE