Plainwell gas price hits 2005 level

Plainwell gas price hits 2005 level

There are 20 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Nov 19, 2008, titled Plainwell gas price hits 2005 level. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

The continuing price slide at the gas pumps has reached a level one West Michigan community hasn't seen since December 2005.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

grc

Traverse City, MI

#1 Nov 20, 2008
For once living near Plainwell has its perks.
RAB

Ionia, MI

#2 Nov 20, 2008
Enjoy it while you can. During the summer it cost me $130 to fill my truck and last night I was on vapors and a fillup cost $42. So nice.
Jerry

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Nov 20, 2008
The President that allowed his buddies to let the prices soar like they did, without doing anything about it, should be held responsible.
Dave in Michigan

Orem, UT

#4 Nov 20, 2008
Great! Now everybody can trade in their economy car for a Hummer! GM is Saved! Yeah... right.

Gas prices and speed are inversely proportional. If you aren't going 15+ over the limit, you'll get run over!

Me? I'll continue to get 35 MPG in my Hyundai... in Town!

Since: Oct 07

Big Rapids, MI

#5 Nov 20, 2008
Great time to throw away those plans to dump the Hummer and buy a Volt!
pjdutchville

United States

#6 Nov 20, 2008
Now the question is, how many people will spend more money in driving to Plainwell, than to buy $1.67 gas? It's like driving all the way across town to save 2 cents on Charmin.
grc

Traverse City, MI

#8 Nov 20, 2008
pjdutchville wrote:
Now the question is, how many people will spend more money in driving to Plainwell, than to buy $1.67 gas? It's like driving all the way across town to save 2 cents on Charmin.
Way too many I suspect. Especially based on the lines at that station last night.
Military mom for truth

Kalamazoo, MI

#9 Nov 20, 2008
pjdutchville wrote:
I wonder why in K-zoo we can have 3 Speedway Stations within a 4 mile radius that have 3 different gas prices. What's up with that???
Mr Goodwrench

United States

#10 Nov 20, 2008
Unfortunately the stock market is at 2003 levels.
Sully

Caledonia, MI

#11 Nov 20, 2008
Dave in Michigan wrote:
Great! Now everybody can trade in their economy car for a Hummer! GM is Saved! Yeah... right.
Gas prices and speed are inversely proportional. If you aren't going 15+ over the limit, you'll get run over!
Me? I'll continue to get 35 MPG in my Hyundai... in Town!
I'm getting my Ford Excursion back on the road. I won't drive 15 over, but if I'm behind you...you better look out. LOL
Mary L

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Nov 20, 2008
after reading this comments i am very concerned. people, the reason tne gas is down (supply & demand don`t be stubid cotinue to conserve and prices will stay low and also get rid of those hummers
Mary L

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Nov 20, 2008
sorry about the spelling mistakes. I forget to check before I send

“I dont want to be like her!”

Since: Jun 08

Hopkins Michigan

#14 Nov 20, 2008
I go down there to Plainwell every weekened and yet to find lines. They seem to be always cheaper then GR. I filled up every Sunday down there. Its been like that through this whole gas thing, they are always cheaper
Just a Reminder

Zeeland, MI

#15 Nov 20, 2008
Prices are falling not just because the demand had dropped but all the investment bankers that we have written a blank check to bail out are in trouble and have pulled their cash from the Oil Markets.
A group of independent market consultants reviewed the trading and found that 80% of the cost of Crude and Gas on the market was caused by speculative investors. Now that they are feeling the pain the rest of the world is feeling they have had to pull their money out. Why do you think OPEC cutting production did nothing to stem the price fall.
krtnews

Crystal Lake, IL

#16 Nov 20, 2008
I work in Byron Center and gas this AM was still at $1.85. I live in Allendale and it was $1.73, and Plainwell is $1.67...what's up with that. I just find it amuzing that the gas stations purchase their gas for the same price, but they all reflect different amounts. I have heard from many of the sales persons I work with that if they are down there they will get their gas from Plainwell because it's always the cheapest. I want to know what Plainwell is doing to keep their gas low. Maybe they can give some of their secrete so we can reap the benifits.
Dan

Grand Rapids, MI

#17 Nov 20, 2008
Jerry wrote:
The President that allowed his buddies to let the prices soar like they did, without doing anything about it, should be held responsible.
Praise O'bama from whom all blessings flow!

YEA RIGHT

How soon before the O'bama camp comes out and tells us there will be no tax breaks for the middle class because "the Bush administration was not completely forethcomming and thing are much worse than we were told"?

When they do will you believe that too?

“91 Whiskey”

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids

#18 Nov 20, 2008
krtnews wrote:
I work in Byron Center and gas this AM was still at $1.85. I live in Allendale and it was $1.73, and Plainwell is $1.67...what's up with that. I just find it amuzing that the gas stations purchase their gas for the same price, but they all reflect different amounts. I have heard from many of the sales persons I work with that if they are down there they will get their gas from Plainwell because it's always the cheapest. I want to know what Plainwell is doing to keep their gas low. Maybe they can give some of their secrete so we can reap the benifits.
I think it may have something to do with proximity to the nearest fuel distribution center.

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#19 Nov 20, 2008
Kevz wrote:
<quoted text> I think it may have something to do with proximity to the nearest fuel distribution center.
We have a fuel distribution center right here in Holland, but our prices have not dropped that low.
krtnews

Crystal Lake, IL

#20 Nov 20, 2008
Kevz wrote:
<quoted text> I think it may have something to do with proximity to the nearest fuel distribution center.
I understand what you are saying, but honestly it's 23 miles from Allendale to Byron Center. I don't know where the fuel distribution center is, but I can't imagine that it would keep the prices so different. Maybe if you are out in nowhere, but not within such a few short miles. I could be wrong, but it's still stupid.

“91 Whiskey”

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids

#21 Nov 20, 2008
Gentle Taz wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a fuel distribution center right here in Holland, but our prices have not dropped that low.
I'm talking about the spot where it comes out of the pipe, off the boat or off the train. Not the actual distributors like J&H Oil for example.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plainwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michigan Career and Technical Institute Jul '17 John 1
News 200 teens involved in nightclub disturbance (Mar '08) Nov '16 Jon 61
Borgess Antique Mall Galesburg - JUST FYI (Oct '12) Oct '16 Smitty49083 40
News Judge: Lawsuit linked to House sex scandal can ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Kev 1
Clayton (Apr '16) Apr '16 clayton 1
Walmart Heart volunteers (Apr '16) Apr '16 Kelly smith 1
Searching for my sister Karen kaiser (Feb '16) Feb '16 Larry Bradford 1

Plainwell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance