$1.96 gas in Plainwell

$1.96 gas in Plainwell

There are 40 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Nov 6, 2008, titled $1.96 gas in Plainwell. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Gas prices continue to drop across West Michigan. The lowest prices can be found in the Plainwell area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Crossfire

Since: May 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#21 Nov 6, 2008
Is lower propane prices next?

Please...Please...Please.
cdc

Greenville, MI

#23 Nov 6, 2008
yah i think its time to buy $5,000 worth of gas now for me before it goes right back up to 6 bucks 2 bucks is dirt cheap!!

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids, Michigan

#24 Nov 6, 2008
Cross fire I totally agree we need help on propane. I just filled my tank and it was 299 a gallon.

“Part of the uninformed masses.”

Since: Jun 08

Grand Rapids

#25 Nov 7, 2008
I am not complaining, however the price of this cheap gas is at the expense of a tumbling economy. Gas may be cheaper, but without a job it's still hard to pay for!

I am looking forward to better days for the people of Michigan.
roxy

Buckley, MI

#26 Nov 7, 2008
yeah, now that we dont have an oil tycoon for prez, we'll actually be able to go places again. sure glad that's over with!
Patrick

United States

#27 Nov 7, 2008
roxy wrote:
yeah, now that we dont have an oil tycoon for prez, we'll actually be able to go places again. sure glad that's over with!
Sorry, but if that's what you believe, you're in for a shock. Gas prices will rise again, no matter who is prez.
penelopy

Grand Rapids, MI

#28 Nov 7, 2008
They could have done this all along, Bush is just imbarassed because Obama got President & he knows the mask will be unveiled, & gas would have came down, & he thought he would do it now while he is in office these last few weeks so it won't look so obvious. Good By Republicans. You can't fool the Christians into voting for you guys no more, you had it for 8 years, full senate 6 of those 8, and never once tried to outlaw abortion, so stop using that as your stepping stone to dominate the world, Bush only vetoed a partial birth abortion, but never once fought to outlaw abortion all together, and they claim they are conservative. By by Bush & Republicans & good rittens. Welcome Barack Obama. Mr. President. Abraham Lincoln would be proud of where he brought us to, & guess what? I'm white. Doesn't matter. Love our new President. Will probably be the best one we have ever had.
yoda

Hudsonville, MI

#29 Nov 7, 2008
Wasn't this supposed to be about gas? Why isn't anyone asking what will happen to the US for making the gas price so low? Why don't we cap the price at $2 and make a reserve fund to combat the high prices that are surely to go up again? Why? Why? Why?

Since: Jul 08

Kentwood MI

#30 Nov 7, 2008
$1.71 in Texas
http://www.texasgasprices.com/
LC

Since: Jul 08

Kentwood MI

#31 Nov 7, 2008
$4.34 in Haines Alaska
http://www.alaskagasprices.com/
LC
dad

United States

#32 Nov 7, 2008
I go to Plainwell average 3 times a month with a group of parts I make. Always gas-up there. Most times it's 6-10 cents less and 5 cents more with Meijer card and mid-grade is always same price at the Wesco east of x-way.
tim

Ypsilanti, MI

#33 Nov 7, 2008
Greenboy wrote:
No reason for the prices. Why in a larger city like GR are we paying more that a little twon up north. Last weekend in Central Lake Mi. the price of gas was .15 cheaper than here...
It's called SPEED (fricken) WAY.... market is cornered and they control it. Ever notice who makes the first price move upwards????
GR Mich

Tulsa, OK

#34 Nov 7, 2008
It still costs me and arm and a leg to fill up on diesel, but the wifes truck is under 60 bucks to fill up on gas for the first time in a year.
I almost did a little dance when the pump shut off at $50. I thought the pump was broke. I have gotten so used to filling up her vehicle and watching it roll 50-60-70-75 and it's full.
GR Mich

Tulsa, OK

#35 Nov 7, 2008
tim wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called SPEED (fricken) WAY.... market is cornered and they control it. Ever notice who makes the first price move upwards????
Yes it is.
I stop at Admiral on 32nd and Division in the morning and didn't think about it and commented to the clerk that they were $.15 a gallon less for diesel than Greedway down the street and she said "yeah we know, we are raising our price as soon as we get the sign changed"
If Speedway ups their price 2 pennies, everyboby else plays follow the leader and does the same.
Old Rocker

United States

#36 Nov 7, 2008
tim wrote:
<quoted text>
That is precisely why I never buy gas at Speedway. I go to a couple of independently owned stations. They are almost always a few cents less than Speedway.

This morning gas is 2.18 in Grandville and averages 2.06 in the Holland area. That's about a 5% difference. Also, up at Fife Lake, where I frequently buy gas it is 2.09 this morning. I believe we are still being fleeced in GR.

Source: http://www.gasbuddy.com/
TAZ

Dallas, TX

#37 Nov 7, 2008
1.99 is getting better, and about in line where the price should be. If it goes lower, than good for us but if it stays within 5-10 percent that is not out of line. But why here in Wyoming are we paying 2.20, and only 2 hours away people are paying 1.89?
ajj

Pueblo, CO

#38 Nov 7, 2008
Sure, $1.96 a gallon, but you have to go to Plainwell to get it.

Crossfire

Grand Rapids, MI

#39 Nov 7, 2008
jomit wrote:
Cross fire I totally agree we need help on propane. I just filled my tank and it was 299 a gallon.
We switched Propane companys so right now we have 2 full tanks in our yard. WooHoo, that should last awhile, and with this weather, I'm happy. We also bought one of those Eden Pure heaters this year. When we use it, at about half its heat capability, the furnace never goes on.

Crossfire

Grand Rapids, MI

#40 Nov 7, 2008
Also forgot to mention, our new propane price is $2.39 capped until next June. Helps a little :)

Our old propane company would wait and bill us for 2 months. Our final bill for last season was close to $800.00. That's tough to dish out all at once I tell ya. So this year, it was bye-bye to them. Greedy pigs.
G-RAP

Grand Rapids, MI

#41 Nov 7, 2008
conspiracy-in-gov wrote:
DUDE!!!! That is awesome! But it's a wonder why it's been SO STINKING high the last year or so. Yeah yeah, I know the demand is low, but still....I swear Bush or someone in the government is conspiracing against the American people. BEWARE!
I think your on to something but every time I try to place my theory they delete it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plainwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 200 teens involved in nightclub disturbance (Mar '08) Nov 17 Jon 61
Borgess Antique Mall Galesburg - JUST FYI (Oct '12) Oct '16 Smitty49083 40
News Judge: Lawsuit linked to House sex scandal can ... Sep '16 Kev 1
Clayton (Apr '16) Apr '16 clayton 1
Walmart Heart volunteers (Apr '16) Apr '16 Kelly smith 1
Searching for my sister Karen kaiser (Feb '16) Feb '16 Larry Bradford 1
News Mary Whiteford 'honored' by GOP primary win, sa... (Nov '15) Nov '15 ray 1

Plainwell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance