$1.96 gas in Plainwell

$1.96 gas in Plainwell

There are 40 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Nov 6, 2008, titled $1.96 gas in Plainwell. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Gas prices continue to drop across West Michigan. The lowest prices can be found in the Plainwell area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
conspiracy-in-go v

United States

#1 Nov 6, 2008
DUDE!!!! That is awesome! But it's a wonder why it's been SO STINKING high the last year or so. Yeah yeah, I know the demand is low, but still....I swear Bush or someone in the government is conspiracing against the American people. BEWARE!
Greenboy

Littleton, CO

#2 Nov 6, 2008
No reason for the prices. Why in a larger city like GR are we paying more that a little twon up north. Last weekend in Central Lake Mi. the price of gas was .15 cheaper than here...
BOB

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Nov 6, 2008
give a few days ,Thanksgiving is coming and the price will go up!!!!
beach goers

Broomfield, CO

#4 Nov 6, 2008
these prices are awesome. I drive from GR to Lansing everyday and I have gone from spending $35 a day to $18 a day. HUGE Savings! I guess there is one dim light in all of the economic craze.

“91 Whiskey”

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids

#5 Nov 6, 2008
When is that price coming to Grand Rapids? It's still in the $2.20s around here.
TheChief

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Nov 6, 2008
This is OLD news. It's been below $2/gallon in Plainwell for a week now.... Gas is also cheap at all stations in the City of Allegan... $2.02 today and dropping daily.
Southern Man

United States

#7 Nov 6, 2008
TheChief wrote:
This is OLD news. It's been below $2/gallon in Plainwell for a week now.... Gas is also cheap at all stations in the City of Allegan...$2.02 today and dropping daily.
Actually, the 1.96 gas is NEW news, while the fact that it is dropping is OLD news. It was 1.97 earlier today, which would have been NEW news then, but is now OLD news.

WOOD appears to be tracking the price at this station, and in this area, but I'd like to see a story about the difference in prices in GR, Plainwell, and Kalamazoo. Why is Plainwell so much cheaper?
Food For Thought

United States

#8 Nov 6, 2008
It's $2.03 in Standale.. Yay! Makes driving my Envoy a little less painful!
leighlee

Grandville, MI

#9 Nov 6, 2008
I filled my car up for $20 today at 2.15. And I was on E. I was like Hell Yeah!! Which I said, at the pump.....out loud.......... yeah I was excited:)
Driving While Typing

United States

#10 Nov 6, 2008
I try to take advantage of these prices on my midnight runs between GR and Kalamazoo. No long lines at that time of the evening.
Wondering

United States

#11 Nov 6, 2008
Wondering why News 8 doesn't do a REAL story and find out why Grand Rapids is consistently much higher than Plainwell is. Plainwell has pretty much always had lower priced gas.

“Mask Carving by Eric Schweig”

Since: Aug 08

Wayland

#12 Nov 6, 2008
Gas is always cheaper in Plainwell, than GR, or here in Wayland; usually 20-30 cents cheaper. Since I live halfway between them, I always go south to fill up and shop. I've never had to deal with really long lines down there, though, like this news story shows. I hope gas stays down for awhile ; it's nice to save $2 per gallon right now.
El Barracho

Denver, CO

#13 Nov 6, 2008
It should be that price EVERYWHERE, not just in Plainwell.

However, I'm not going to piss on a good thing.
Patrick

United States

#14 Nov 6, 2008
Wondering wrote:
Wondering why News 8 doesn't do a REAL story and find out why Grand Rapids is consistently much higher than Plainwell is. Plainwell has pretty much always had lower priced gas.
More competitive stations, less people to get in their stations.

Closer to a LARGE terminal (Niles, MI) vs. a smaller terminal GR uses (Ferrysburg)
linda

Troy, MI

#15 Nov 6, 2008
all i can say is thank you jesus

“Mask Carving by Eric Schweig”

Since: Aug 08

Wayland

#16 Nov 6, 2008
El Barracho wrote:
It should be that price EVERYWHERE, not just in Plainwell.
However, I'm not going to **** on a good thing.
I agree; I wish we had the $1.40 that Oklahoma has, too, but right now this is great. I keep my topped off at all times.
Patrick

United States

#17 Nov 6, 2008
$1.40? That's impossible. The wholesale cost BEFORE TAXES is $1.3X.

Pics or link of how you think gas is $1.40 in OK?
Jenison

Golden, CO

#18 Nov 6, 2008
Patrick wrote:
$1.40? That's impossible. The wholesale cost BEFORE TAXES is $1.3X.
Pics or link of how you think gas is $1.40 in OK?
I foound it in Ok for $1.81 as of 1139pm, edt, at the following link: http://www.oklahomacitygasprices.com/
asa

Ionia, MI

#19 Nov 6, 2008
well Greenville area is 2.03, so its coming down. Im not even going to complain about 2.03 better then 4 something.. especially since I drive a suv
Jenison

Golden, CO

#20 Nov 6, 2008
The $1.41 price was for Natural gas in OK, just google it up and all can see .....
Happy Motoring!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plainwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clayton Apr '16 clayton 1
Walmart Heart volunteers Apr '16 Kelly smith 1
Searching for my sister Karen kaiser Feb '16 Larry Bradford 1
News Mary Whiteford 'honored' by GOP primary win, sa... (Nov '15) Nov '15 ray 1
News Cindy Gamrat: 'I'm at peace with how it turned ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 ray 1
News Mary Whiteford, 80th District hopeful, endorsed... (Oct '15) Oct '15 kev 1
News Cindy Gamrat says a Republican lock-out would b... (Oct '15) Oct '15 benny 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plainwell Mortgages