BEDCo approves agreement to bring Holiday Inn Express Suites to Bonham

Apr 4, 2013 Full story: North Texas e-News 22

Members of the Bonham Economic Development Corporation unanimously approved an agreement to bring a flagship hotel to historic downtown Bonham this year as well as a second extended-stay hotel in the same area within three years.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
great news

Sherman, TX

#1 Apr 4, 2013
Great news for Bonham. Sounds like this will be a better location than right by the high school.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
billy

Euless, TX

#2 Apr 5, 2013
That's great news! Keep the businesses coming!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Resident

Sherman, TX

#3 Apr 5, 2013
Outstanding news! Great job by BEDCO and the City of Bonham!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Colby

Sherman, TX

#4 Apr 6, 2013
Great news. Nice to see something positive for a change.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hi bonham

Sherman, TX

#5 Apr 6, 2013
Very good news! Will it be near rolandos or trade days?
Hmm

Blue Ridge, TX

#6 Apr 6, 2013
Extended stay motels = place for criminal activities and lowlifes to congregate.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Agree

Bonham, TX

#7 Apr 6, 2013
Hmm wrote:
Extended stay motels = place for criminal activities and lowlifes to congregate.
Well said!! But what else would you expect from Bonham city "leaders?"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
really

Sherman, TX

#8 Apr 6, 2013
Hmm wrote:
Really? How in the world can you make that generalization? Especially when this place has not even been built yet? Seems to me a place like that will attract business people who come to town for a project or are in the process of moving here. Also construction workers who will be here working on hwy 121 and/or Hwy 82.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hmm

Blue Ridge, TX

#9 Apr 6, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How in the world can you make that generalization? Especially when this place has not even been built yet? Seems to me a place like that will attract business people who come to town for a project or are in the process of moving here. Also construction workers who will be here working on hwy 121 and/or Hwy 82.
I guess you have never been to one. I had to serve plenty of warrants at them. Go visit one of the America's Best Value Inn and Suites, or Budget Suites then get back to us. Those are the nice ones comparatively speaking. Daily drug busts and prostitution arrests are the norm at those kind of places. Great places for parolees as well since most individual places don't rent to ex-cons.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ugggh

Sherman, TX

#10 Apr 7, 2013
I wondered how long it would take for someone to get on here and post something negative.

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Expresses - lovely hotels. So glad that when my family comes to visit, they can stay here in Bonham and not have to drive to Sherman or Denison if the B&B's are all booked up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
shadee

Sherman, TX

#11 Apr 7, 2013
Glad we're getting a hotel finally but am of the opinion that is a terrible location. Most 121 traffic is the same people every day...not tourists. Hwy 82 makes lots more sense business-wise.... but then if you're shopping for land it's hard to beat a price tag that says 'free.'
krusty the clown

Dallas, TX

#12 Apr 8, 2013
Hmm wrote:
That's a pretty broad statement, You could say that about the welfare office, 8 liner "game rooms", BISD admin. building etc.
anon

United States

#13 Apr 8, 2013
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you have never been to one. I had to serve plenty of warrants at them. Go visit one of the America's Best Value Inn and Suites, or Budget Suites then get back to us. Those are the nice ones comparatively speaking. Daily drug busts and prostitution arrests are the norm at those kind of places. Great places for parolees as well since most individual places don't rent to ex-cons.
Since when do independent hotel/motels, or any for that matter, ask the customer or even attempt to attain information from a patron on whether they are an ex-con?

most of them are simply gonna ask how many rooms, how many nights, and then you pay and voila yu have a room.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Obvious

Leonard, TX

#14 Apr 8, 2013
Yeah those types of weekly or extended motels tend to get the seedier types of people sure, but they might be nice for a couple years at least before they get run down and crime ridden. That's about as far ahead as most people around here think. I'm surethe people building them will sell them off after the honeymoon period is over and they'll become dumps. Probably most of East End or the riff raff of the county will end up living there when they get kicked out of other places and run it down quickly.

Motels, fast food places and gas stations seems to be the trend. Pityful.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Obvious

Leonard, TX

#15 Apr 8, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when do independent hotel/motels, or any for that matter, ask the customer or even attempt to attain information from a patron on whether they are an ex-con?
most of them are simply gonna ask how many rooms, how many nights, and then you pay and voila yu have a room.
I've stayed at a few over the years when on pipeline jobs and they usually have a more extensive check-in procedure and run background checks on potential tenants, because of tax laws since they are taxfree if you stay over a month, and for their own protection since long-term vs. overnight accomodations have different laws and rules as far as occupancy rights. It's the same as renting a house or apartment, they aren't just going to say "how many nights, gimme cash, voila"! LMAO
Hmm

Blue Ridge, TX

#16 Apr 8, 2013
Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
I've stayed at a few over the years when on pipeline jobs and they usually have a more extensive check-in procedure and run background checks on potential tenants, because of tax laws since they are taxfree if you stay over a month, and for their own protection since long-term vs. overnight accomodations have different laws and rules as far as occupancy rights. It's the same as renting a house or apartment, they aren't just going to say "how many nights, gimme cash, voila"! LMAO
What they said.^
Disappointed

United States

#17 Apr 8, 2013
Who says crime is just on certain places ??? Crime can be anywhere , there's not a specific usual place for it , also you would never know who can Be involved in "illegal" stuff do it . Could be happen outside of jail , in front of school , inside of hospital .... It could get very interested what law really does with evidence ( drugs, guns , money ,etc) but I guess what happens in the desk stays in the desk !!! Lets just don't classify hotels , clubs or game rooms like crime places cause u won't ever know , and at least that hotel business can bring new people !!!
Silly ideas

Greenville, TX

#18 Aug 20, 2013
Who in the hell would want to build a multi-million dollar hotel/motel here? It's a losing proposition.

Also, why would anyone want it built here, unless they are getting their pockets lined with money because of the deal? It will not get enough business to do well, and will quickly become run down and inhabited by drug dealing lowlifes and Section 8 renters and their baby daddies.

Stay out of Bonham city people, we have enough crap built up in recent years as it is, and all the old time small businesses have been run out by foreign investors and developers who come in, build something, then flip it and make off like bandits, while the citizens have to suffer from their greed.

Keep small town America alive by rejecting corporate America and its flashy crap they sell you, by rejecting Democrats and their "take everything from the middle class and give to the government for redistribution to the moochers so they can be controlled with bribery and extorsion" attitude, and reject Yankees and Californians who are bringing this pestilence with them.
Devin Robertson

Sherman, TX

#19 Aug 20, 2013
Hmm wrote:
Then it's a good thing it's being built a couple of blocks from the Bonham PD, Sgt O'Irish can just WALK around downtown on a nightly foot-patrol with a big flashlight, rain or shine, the old-fashioned way.
Resident

Grand Prairie, TX

#20 Aug 20, 2013
A couple of blocks? Better get you a map.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plainview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 28 min What I say xoxo 18,498
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 2 hr info 797
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 2 hr info 567
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 hr Waco 22,614
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Sep 10 Gasman 728
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Sep 9 Gasman 631
•••
•••
•••

Plainview Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Plainview People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Plainview News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Plainview