Carlsbad bail bondsman accused of Tex...

Carlsbad bail bondsman accused of Texas murder

There are 20 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Feb 11, 2010, titled Carlsbad bail bondsman accused of Texas murder. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

A Carlsbad bail bondsman has been arrested on a charge of murder. Jarrod Flaming, 41, of Bad Dog Bail Bonds, was arrested Tuesday by officers of the Plainview, Texas, Police Department after reportedly attempting to apprehend Derek Graves, 31.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

PViewCitizen

Plainview, TX

#1 Feb 12, 2010
I would like to see what the locals of Carlsbad have to say about this guy!!! He looks like an idiot!! Seems like to me he thinks he's a Peace Officer!! Only a Peace Officer has the training not to do something so stupid!!!
who da

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Feb 12, 2010
in his mug picture, looks like he,s real upset, like why did you arrest me ??last i heard was he had a $75,000.00 bond, not sure if it was cash or surety, where a bondsman can bail him out at a 10% fee,which is $7,500.00, i guess his only defense can be is he can claim he thought he saw the assailant had a weapon , but if he was shot in the back i would contact f lee bailey and robert shapiro to represent me.
bob

Medicine Hat, Canada

#3 Feb 12, 2010
these guys think they can shoot a man in the back like a cop. but they're not protected by the blue shield like cops. where's his throw-down?
around

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Feb 12, 2010
I'm waiting for those hypocrites who praised the woman accused of paying off a criminal to beat the you know what out of the guy that molested her relative to get on here and speak about how evil this man is for shooting some poor defenseless man in the back.
How we love to forget that the man was a criminal in the first place, probably some low life druggie who was nothing but bringing this town down. If that's so, then isn't the bondsman a hero as well? The dead dumba** went to jail, bonded out and skipped bond. One less low life to influence kids, right hypocrites of C-bad? Won't you forget that this was an unarmed man, but remember that he was running from justice? Isn't that how you usually do it?
Or will you forget he's just a lowlife criminal who thought he was too good to go to jail and serve his time? Will you make him human again even though this town is better off with him dead? Will you say that the bondsman had no clue what he didn't have a gun, and justify the fact he fired so many shots in a neighborhood that could have hit a child. The 'lowlife' was shot once, the bondsman shot at least five times, as many as 10 times. Where did the other four to 9 shots go?
What's your side here? As far as I care, one lowlife dead and one dangerous skizo with a gun in jail. It needs to stay that way. No one is a hero, and no one is a victim. C-bad is two idiots safer. Where's the bad in that?
Old GOAT

Lovington, NM

#5 Feb 12, 2010
..."BAD DOG" BAIL BONDS ...not so "Bad" anymore. HUH? What idiots these guys are!! Wonder if they'll continue that bad**s swagger they show around town ... NOT!!
oh great

Hobbs, NM

#6 Feb 12, 2010
This guy's business is a stone's throw from my house. I met him a time or two, not a very pleasant demeanor.
sexy momma

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Mar 13, 2010
Why does people want to judge people you don't know? That is so wrong.
No one knows the whole story to this, the media don't even know. People are
just making stuff up about the bail bondsman. There obviously was a reason for him to shoot. Maybe the other shots were shot in the air, people are going to make up so much crap.
The guy that fled should had did his time in jail, or should had just gave in to the bondsman, and all of this would not had happened.
What is wrong with these druggies? He was probably on drugs or had drugs on him and didn't want them to find it.
Let people act like someone they like, whats the big deal? If he likes Dog, let the man act like him, it is no ones business.
People don't know him like I do. He is a kind man, and loves his family.
People need to stop saying stuff that isn't true or at least post a fact about it.
He has been a successful business man and works more than he is home, what he did was an accident, He didn't mean to kill the guy.
Next time you people say something, make sure its true, okay?
Don't judge someone by what they look like or how they act.
Mad Man

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Mar 13, 2010
Yes they are still in business and they have done an excellent job for us. We have sent them after Murders and Rapists and Drug Dealers and actually had them transport them to Albuquerque and never had any issues with the wayt hey handled things. So before u start looking down on a person please find out the fact of the case first.
Old GOAT wrote:
..."BAD DOG" BAIL BONDS ...not so "Bad" anymore. HUH? What idiots these guys are!! Wonder if they'll continue that bad**s swagger they show around town ... NOT!!
Mad Man

Carlsbad, NM

#15 Mar 13, 2010
Thewy are still in business and u must be some one that has been arrested by them or maybe u are some one that pays off the cops to get away with things like a particular bondsman in Carlsbad N.M. Does This bondsman can break a persons arm and not have anything said and party with the police officers at his office and nothing said. What does that say about him. Why not critize him for what he and the officers of the Carlsbad Police Department are doing.
yee haa

Carlsbad, NM

#16 Mar 13, 2010
i heard the bounty hunter is back in his thrift store on mermod st, has anybody out there noticed if his still wearing the shiny badge and hand gun??i got a toy gun that looks almost real, ill see if i can got to his store and see if he wants to buy it.that way he can keep on looking bad, and not get into any more trouble, yeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaa
Petra

Hobbs, NM

#17 Mar 14, 2010
around wrote:
I'm waiting for those hypocrites who praised the woman accused of paying off a criminal to beat the you know what out of the guy that molested her relative to get on here and speak about how evil this man is for shooting some poor defenseless man in the back.
How we love to forget that the man was a criminal in the first place, probably some low life druggie who was nothing but bringing this town down. If that's so, then isn't the bondsman a hero as well? The dead dumba** went to jail, bonded out and skipped bond. One less low life to influence kids, right hypocrites of C-bad? Won't you forget that this was an unarmed man, but remember that he was running from justice? Isn't that how you usually do it?
Or will you forget he's just a lowlife criminal who thought he was too good to go to jail and serve his time? Will you make him human again even though this town is better off with him dead? Will you say that the bondsman had no clue what he didn't have a gun, and justify the fact he fired so many shots in a neighborhood that could have hit a child. The 'lowlife' was shot once, the bondsman shot at least five times, as many as 10 times. Where did the other four to 9 shots go?
What's your side here? As far as I care, one lowlife dead and one dangerous skizo with a gun in jail. It needs to stay that way. No one is a hero, and no one is a victim. C-bad is two idiots safer. Where's the bad in that?
People like you are what is wrong with the world and society today. If you talk and think the way you type then you have even bigger issues.
noname

Jackson, MS

#18 Mar 14, 2010
I was in USN in the early 80's, would like to find an old friend with the initals P.K. anyone know him? Thanks.
justice

Carlsbad, NM

#19 Mar 14, 2010
noname wrote:
I was in USN in the early 80's, would like to find an old friend with the initals P.K. anyone know him? Thanks.
i dont know who he is but if you hire the bounty hunter jarrod flaming to find him please dont take his gun away,
watch dog

United States

#20 Mar 15, 2010
Mad Man wrote:
Thewy are still in business and u must be some one that has been arrested by them or maybe u are some one that pays off the cops to get away with things like a particular bondsman in Carlsbad N.M. Does This bondsman can break a persons arm and not have anything said and party with the police officers at his office and nothing said. What does that say about him. Why not critize him for what he and the officers of the Carlsbad Police Department are doing.
humm....that doesn't surprise me much who are the officers ?
WATEVER

Hobbs, NM

#21 Mar 15, 2010
He is rude obnoxious and very unpleasent to be around. and that is how you judge someone, by the way you act and express youself.sexy mama he brings it on himself, i dont know him personaly but the times ive talked to him or been around him, i dont care to know him personally.
watch dog

United States

#22 Mar 16, 2010
??
Mad Man

Carlsbad, NM

#23 Mar 17, 2010
Hey watch Dog if you are that concerned U must be involved in the partys that go on at this particular location. Or you are just trying to cover your own *SS so u dont get caught. It will all come out once the evidence is submitted to the mayor and to the city council and then lets see who is the bad person in this town once all this is presented to the Council. We have the evidence and will produce it when we need to to the proper people.
PMP

Carlsbad, NM

#24 Mar 17, 2010
sexy momma wrote:
Why does people want to judge people you don't know? That is so wrong.
No one knows the whole story to this, the media don't even know. People are
just making stuff up about the bail bondsman. There obviously was a reason for him to shoot. Maybe the other shots were shot in the air, people are going to make up so much crap.
The guy that fled should had did his time in jail, or should had just gave in to the bondsman, and all of this would not had happened.
What is wrong with these druggies? He was probably on drugs or had drugs on him and didn't want them to find it.
Let people act like someone they like, whats the big deal? If he likes Dog, let the man act like him, it is no ones business.
People don't know him like I do. He is a kind man, and loves his family.
People need to stop saying stuff that isn't true or at least post a fact about it.
He has been a successful business man and works more than he is home, what he did was an accident, He didn't mean to kill the guy.
Next time you people say something, make sure its true, okay?
Don't judge someone by what they look like or how they act.
This so called bail bondsman shot a man in the back, who had no reason to even be in Texas. The guy was running and really didn't have to.
When you shot a gun at someone it ISN'T AN ACCIDENT! IT'S CALLED MURDER!
Save all the great guy, get to know him. He Killed Someone!
watch dog

United States

#25 Mar 18, 2010
Mad Man wrote:
Hey watch Dog if you are that concerned U must be involved in the partys that go on at this particular location. Or you are just trying to cover your own *SS so u dont get caught. It will all come out once the evidence is submitted to the mayor and to the city council and then lets see who is the bad person in this town once all this is presented to the Council. We have the evidence and will produce it when we need to to the proper people.
NO no I think you miss understood me brother. We are on the same team. Bring the evidence, and save the city lots of problems in choosing the new chief. And When the hell raising starts with city council I will be there..........
Mad Man

Carlsbad, NM

#26 Mar 18, 2010
Sorry Watch Dog I miss read the Info you wrote and when the time is right i will bring it out and turn this whole damn city up side down.
watch dog wrote:
<quoted text>
NO no I think you miss understood me brother. We are on the same team. Bring the evidence, and save the city lots of problems in choosing the new chief. And When the hell raising starts with city council I will be there..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plainview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City Council Terminates Abernathy Police Chief,... Aug 17 wondering 1
Does anyone know? Aug 8 Wonderng 1
News Lubbock steakhouse helps food bank feed others ... (Nov '15) Jul 24 Rattlesnake Pete 3
To the women with a 24yr old son. Jul '17 iamaMom2 1
News Christie Ward sets goal for 2009 Miss Texas pag... (Aug '08) Mar '17 So mean 12
John gatica running for council (Feb '17) Feb '17 Realestonhere 1
Henry Benson lived in Plainview, Texas in 1960 (Dec '16) Dec '16 Charlie 1

Plainview Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plainview Mortgages