Town of Hempstead Sanitation workers Over Paid Under Worked?

Posted in the Plainview Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of53
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Unamed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Angie Cullin wrote:
Are Town of Hempstead Sanitation workers Over Paid under worked?
Most Sanitation workes finish by 9:30am everyday, They work from 6am to 9:30am and get paid as full time employee's with full benifits.
Working 3 hours and 30 mins everyday M-F most home by 10:00am. Nassau County tax payers front the bill for this. You can see the sanitation employee cars pulling out from the Merrick depot at 1600 Merrick road Merrick NY 11566 everyday the trucks are parked and shut down after being washed by 9:30am.
people that criticize would love to see you do what we do on a daily basis wouldnt last a day the hazards the heavy workload befote you criticize walk in my shoes
obamaclownbag

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Unamed wrote:
<quoted text>people that criticize would love to see you do what we do on a daily basis wouldnt last a day the hazards the heavy workload befote you criticize walk in my shoes
What size golf shoe does obama wear?
GARBAGEMAN who can spell

Massapequa Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Mr Spy wrote:
Angie Cullin a Town Of Hempstead affiliate (close friend of---------->Kate Murray (Town Of Hempstead Supervisor), its amazing how one can be judged on there work from people who have no idea how harsh it is to do sanitation work with unsafe conditions such as motorist speeding pass the garbage truck, while workers are working motorist are honking the horn to get pass because they are late for work in which they should have got up at a earlier time. Trucks that don't have air conditioning in them during the summer (not one truck). If you go to the base at 1600 Merrick road you will see in the office 5-6 workers in white shirts sitting down laughing and joking on constant cigarette breaks reading newspapers and some T.O.H. employees who just go to the store to buy coffee and donuts and breakfast for the office staff all day not doing any physical work. At any given time you will see just about every supervisors truck or car at the base instead of in the routes supervising or assisting with the (Garbage Truck Crew). You have part time seasonal workers who get passed over for full-time employment and a route at any moment just because you are not a member of the "REPUBLICAN CLUB" (East Rockaway). Times are hard and the fact of the matter is that the Part-Time Seasonal workers are who hold the town together when it comes down to Full-Time Employees going out on comp. on vacation or just abusing there time. Its funny how when those workers (Part-time seasonal workers)get praised for there work during christmas 2 weeks later a 33% of them are fired and a new batch is hired. Then the Town Of Hempstead is supposedly broke but have the funds to equip over 80% of the garbage trucks and whits pick-up trucks with GPS systems for tracking so please enlighten me with some type of humor! until next time Mr. Spy
"Mr.Spy" you misspelled a word, you meant THEIR not THERE, ahem so yeah also kind of a run off sentence maybe a coma here and THERE, love your friendly neighborhood GARBAGEMAN
Mr Nice Guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

rich wrote:
<quoted text>GO TELL THIS BULL CRAP TO SOMBODY ELSE U GUYS ARE LOOSERS THAT STEAL TAXE MONEY
Learn to spell you loser
Mr Nice Guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

At TOH, it's not what you know, it's who you know more here than other jobs. It's all political bs, a guy will be here for 1 year and get a promotion or be allowed to do stuff that other workers aren't. They put the wrong people in charge down at the Merrick base, all those people are ass kissers to the commissioner, and know people. There's so much crap that goes on here I could go on for days. People here have records, felonies, have been suspended numeorus times, but still have their job cause of the pull they have or cause they live near a relative of a higher up.
Mr Nice Guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Most people down at TOH couldn't run a Lemonade stand, and that's the only place I've ever seen the "union" office on the same property... Something shady about that.
Mr Nice Guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

The Commisioner wants to walk around like he runs shit, he's just a puppet for Kate Murray, and. A political appointee. He has a small dick, and wants to make up for it by trying to show that he has authority. If Kate Murray gets voted out 1 day (hopefully) He'll be out on his ass too. If she tells him to lick her ass, he'll ask her "how deep?"
Mr Slim Shady

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Wife of sanitation wrote:
<quoted text>So you know what? Just put all those hard working men out of work and take the food out of their kids mouths and the roof from over their heads because you want to save $10 a year?! Why don't you get the right info before opening your mouth and making yourself sound ignorant!!!! You cheap S.O.B!!!! And by the way? Working is not stealing "taxpayers" money!!! They pay taxes too! Why don't you go down to social services and see who's REALLY stealing your money. And... Figure out what to do with you trash once they are out of work. Because the people that you THINK are going to it, don't WANT to and AREN'T going to!!!! You think they are going to work for the same money and do double the work. They are going to do a half ass job, and guess what!!!! YOU WILL STILL be pay TAXES!!!! You know what? YOu all deserve what's going to happen for listening to some sorry lady with nothing better to do but go around trying to make the unemployment rate HIGHER!!!! Guess how much more you pay for all the people on food stamps unemployment and sec 8????? Do your homework and stop being such a follower!!!
. Right on sister, tell these uneducated, misinformed followers the truth
Poor little white boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

TOH stands for... tons of hypocrites
stop complaining

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

The town did a great job during the aftermath from hurricane sandy . They were the only organization that anseered the call. My house was severly damaged from floodwater. They cam 2 and 3 times daily and took everything I put out. I could have filled a 30 yard dumpster with all the demo material and water damaged contents from my home. I dont csre how many hours they work in a day. Its none of my business as long as they do their job. Thank you
Wantagh Resident

Levittown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

It is interesting to see comments about how sanitation workers have a dangerous job working the streets when you see some of them put themselves and motorists in danger by the way they operate. I am talking about them crossing over to the wrong side of the street on dark winter mornings beacause they are in too much of a hurry to turn the truck around and drive in the right direction. There is inherent danger in their jobs but some of them make it more dangerous because they are in too much of a hurry to do it safely. I witnessed this as a commuter to the Wantagh station and have reported it to the town but nothing changes. It is frightening to think that it won't change until someone is seriously hurt.
Joe

Glen Cove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

With the way they pick up my garbage they are way over payed , almost everytimeI put out grass or garabage some portion of it ends up on the ground in my driveway or In front of my house. They have one thing to do pickup garabage an they can't even do that. Most of th are in a big hurry to go home eaiely!
happy employee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Wife of sanitation wrote:
<quoted text>So you know what? Just put all those hard working men out of work and take the food out of their kids mouths and the roof from over their heads because you want to save $10 a year?! Why don't you get the right info before opening your mouth and making yourself sound ignorant!!!! You cheap S.O.B!!!! And by the way? Working is not stealing "taxpayers" money!!! They pay taxes too! Why don't you go down to social services and see who's REALLY stealing your money. And... Figure out what to do with you trash once they are out of work. Because the people that you THINK are going to it, don't WANT to and AREN'T going to!!!! You think they are going to work for the same money and do double the work. They are going to do a half ass job, and guess what!!!! YOU WILL STILL be pay TAXES!!!! You know what? YOu all deserve what's going to happen for listening to some sorry lady with nothing better to do but go around trying to make the unemployment rate HIGHER!!!! Guess how much more you pay for all the people on food stamps unemployment and sec 8????? Do your homework and stop being such a follower!!!
jusy hire some young kids who will work for cheap, there are plenty of people who need jobs. Seasonals can do the job just as good.
happy employee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

stop complaining wrote:
The town did a great job during the aftermath from hurricane sandy . They were the only organization that anseered the call. My house was severly damaged from floodwater. They cam 2 and 3 times daily and took everything I put out. I could have filled a 30 yard dumpster with all the demo material and water damaged contents from my home. I dont csre how many hours they work in a day. Its none of my business as long as they do their job. Thank you
Are you a friend or relative of a Sanitation employee by any chance?
happy employee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Someone gets complained about, and "warned" numerous times, so what do they do? They transfer him to a nice easy job on the beach. Way to go TOH big wigs.. that'll teach him. He knows people high up, and we all know how that goes.
happy employee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

happy employee wrote:
<quoted text> just hire some young kids who will work for cheap, there are plenty of people who need jobs. Seasonals can do the job just as good.
good one
Most hard workers

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Are u kidding these men work year round picking up your overloaded pails and disgusting garbage they dont complain their bodies are worn out from it shoulders knees not to mention who knows what toxins they breathe in at the dumps! The hours they put in lifting non stop is harder then anyday of work u do! If u think its easy try it for a 1/2 hour u couldnt do it! Instead of criticizing them u should be thankful for the people who do this job!! In my opinion they dont get enough recognition!
Concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

TOH District 6 wrote:
Today in Elmont one of district 6 is own beat up his co worker while working! The one worker went to hospital, will anything happen to this committee man that did the assaulting? Let's see
Did District 6 ever fire the person that beat up a co-worker?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Over paid and underworked, sounds like the pantywaist in the White House

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Most civil service workers are over paid and under worked. This is because many are inherently lazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of53
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Plainview News Video

•••
Plainview Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Plainview Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••