Sayreville family raising $30,000 to have accident victim buried in Kenya

Full story: NJ.com
Jane Karuga, 47, died in the Sept. 4 accident. Her family is trying to raise $30,000 for funeral expenses and transportation to Kenya. Full Story
thurnerbj

Bethel Park, PA

#1 Sep 19, 2012
Why not have her cremated, and send the ashes? It would be a whole lot cheaper.
Skizots

Old Bridge, NJ

#2 Sep 19, 2012
With all due respect to the family, I don't understand why people immigrate to our country to work, live, and raise a family, only to have their deceased bodies be flown back to the country they were born in.
hank hill

Elmwood Park, IL

#3 Sep 27, 2012
Really?$30,000 to get a rotting corpse back to Kenya? Doubt it. The whole family must be trying to get round trip tickets. Why do they want to send her back if they plan on staying and living here?

Don't get me wrong, its horrible that the kids lost their mother but when my mom died and I was away I had to find my own money to get home for her funeral, which I did.
OB Reader

Matawan, NJ

#4 Sep 27, 2012
Hate to sound jaded, but in today's world and economy it's getting harder to tell what is an honest family trying to give a deceased member her last wishes vs. what is a scam.
hank hill

Elmwood Park, IL

#5 Sep 27, 2012
OB Reader wrote:
Hate to sound jaded, but in today's world and economy it's getting harder to tell what is an honest family trying to give a deceased member her last wishes vs. what is a scam.
totally. Makes you wonder how they managed to get here if it's going to cost $30,000 to get her back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plainsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The World Knows the U.S. is being led by Incomp... Nov 14 Culture Auditor 1
Looking for a girl Oct '14 cutie 1
A Walk Among Violent Action Movies in Princeton Sep '14 Culture Auditor 1
Review: AAA Absolute Clean Air Inc. (NJ, Delawa... (May '10) Sep '14 Last minute reader 101
CLOSED Plainsboro Super Fresh to reopen as A&P ... Jul '14 MONTVALE 1
New Jersey's Outlook Eyecare Expands With New L... Jul '14 StaceyDaniell 1
Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Jul '14 Guest 1

Plainsboro News Video

Plainsboro Dating
Find my Match

Plainsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Plainsboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Plainsboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]