Central Jersey cops to crack down on drivers who run traffic si...

There are 81 comments on the Home News Tribune story from Jun 28, 2009, titled Central Jersey cops to crack down on drivers who run traffic si.... In it, Home News Tribune reports that:

Starting Wednesday, drivers should think twice before hitting the gas at a yellow light or speeding on a back street, as local police step up efforts against aggressive driving.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Home News Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
jim

Bay Shore, NY

#1 Jul 4, 2009
yeah,well I hope they start in my neiborhood.cause they run them about 25 times a day.and thats only the ones I see.and when are they going to keep the tractor trailers off of my street too!!!!!!!!!how safe are the kids???
resident

New York, NY

#2 Jul 6, 2009
BS! this should translate as ticket blitz to justify those shiny new chargers and pickups. I drive past the OldBridgePD station and see a lot full of perfectly good patrol cars but for some reason they need a couple brand new doge chargers and big crew-cab pick ups painted up with lights . I thought times were tight, i betternot hear about how we cant afford road maintenance or salt or overtime for plows this winter. Im pissed because they got me on my way to work, in my condo development on a through-road, without any houses or driveways on it, going a death defying 40mph. I talked to my neighbors, he wasnt there more than ten min. Got his ticket then hes out. What good was that? How did it deter anyone but me, a law abiding citizen with an otherwise clean driving record, people still blast through there at 60 because they never see a cop there, because hes not there to deter speeders to remind people that laws are enforced , he just needed to write a ticket . Where do you see the cops siting fishing for tickets? dangerous roads with blind turns near where kids play, nope, notoriously dangerous intersections, nope . you see them at the same half dozen speed trap spots where the speed limit drops to 25 for a mile. The street my house is on is a big circle with only one way in, so it should be only residents, kids play ball in the street because its out of the way and you would think very little traffic. But since its out of the way and theres never a cop up there people speed through all the time, its a big blind turn and we have had accidents where speeders crashed into the parked cars . We cant get a cop to sit up there as a deterrent for ten minutes., we have asked for a speed bump or anything and get little more than lip service. Sucks! im not anti cop, im glad a portion of my taxes gos to a dedicated, full time police force but come on. crack down just means ticket blitz on regular citizens, time to justify the budget for another year.
bobb the builder

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jul 7, 2009
how do the police tell the difference between a regular citizen and "those who deserve it" everyone want a break when the cops stop them and everyone did nothing wrong or always downplay their role
resident wrote:
BS! this should translate as ticket blitz to justify those shiny new chargers and pickups. I drive past the OldBridgePD station and see a lot full of perfectly good patrol cars but for some reason they need a couple brand new doge chargers and big crew-cab pick ups painted up with lights . I thought times were tight, i betternot hear about how we cant afford road maintenance or salt or overtime for plows this winter. Im pissed because they got me on my way to work, in my condo development on a through-road, without any houses or driveways on it, going a death defying 40mph. I talked to my neighbors, he wasnt there more than ten min. Got his ticket then hes out. What good was that? How did it deter anyone but me, a law abiding citizen with an otherwise clean driving record, people still blast through there at 60 because they never see a cop there, because hes not there to deter speeders to remind people that laws are enforced , he just needed to write a ticket . Where do you see the cops siting fishing for tickets? dangerous roads with blind turns near where kids play, nope, notoriously dangerous intersections, nope . you see them at the same half dozen speed trap spots where the speed limit drops to 25 for a mile. The street my house is on is a big circle with only one way in, so it should be only residents, kids play ball in the street because its out of the way and you would think very little traffic. But since its out of the way and theres never a cop up there people speed through all the time, its a big blind turn and we have had accidents where speeders crashed into the parked cars . We cant get a cop to sit up there as a deterrent for ten minutes., we have asked for a speed bump or anything and get little more than lip service. Sucks! im not anti cop, im glad a portion of my taxes gos to a dedicated, full time police force but come on. crack down just means ticket blitz on regular citizens, time to justify the budget for another year.
resident

New York, NY

#4 Jul 8, 2009
how can you reply so dismissively to my post without reading it? I guess the same way you can put quotes around something i didnt say, even though my post in its entirety is directly above and below yours.
you should

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jul 14, 2009
go to the police department and get a job there....sounds like you know so much about law enforcement
resident

Clifton, NJ

#6 Jul 15, 2009
you should wrote:
go to the police department and get a job there....sounds like you know so much about law enforcement
why thank you, thats very kind of you to say. But im no expert, just a frustrated resident paying attention to the way my tax moneys spent. But still very nice of you to say. You yourself may also be missing your calling, dont deprive the world of your cunning wit and illuminating in sites.
Thanks
hahaha

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jul 19, 2009
maybe you should be an english teacher...it's insights...NOT in sites hahahaha now THATS entertainment...a concerned illiterate taxpayer hahahahaha...dont speed and you wont have to worry about getting a ticket...or is it tiket? hahahahaha
resident

New Brunswick, NJ

#8 Jul 20, 2009
hahaha wrote:
maybe you should be an english teacher...it's insights...NOT in sites hahahaha now THATS entertainment...a concerned illiterate taxpayer hahahahaha...dont speed and you wont have to worry about getting a ticket...or is it tiket? hahahahaha
dont you love when jerkoffs like this act like there making some brilliant point when they notice a typo or misspelling .Ok you got me buddy, not on content, not by countering an argument i made or offering an alternative to a position i took. You got me on a typo, on a comment posted on a website. Ouch, I guess your rite to laugh and I bet other people will think its hysterical too, because everyone loves a nitpicking perfectionist shoving minor inconsequential mistakes in someones face. Hey, and shouldn’t “maybe” be capitalized at the beginning of your post?
Diesel

Hightstown, NJ

#9 Jul 21, 2009
i wouldnt mind jerking off with a hot cop! haha
hahaha

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Jul 29, 2009
and everybody loves when a nitpicker tells cops them how to do their job and where they could be utilized better...especially someone with no police training hahahahahahahaha
resident

New York, NY

#11 Jul 30, 2009
are you still talking to me? how do you know my background or what training ive received? You dont. your just talking out yourass, saying nothing. you got nothing, you are a joke, which must be why you post as hahaha. Hey, why dont you proofread my post, maybe ive mistyped something and you can maintain your fantasy of superiority.
hahaha

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jul 30, 2009
no feeling of superiority....just get a kick out of knowing you read this, get a rise out of you, and you responding hahaha....and im sure you have no police training or you wouldnt have made that first asinine comment....what a joke hahahahaha...instead of taking responsibility for the fact that you sped....no matter where or how fast, you blame the police....its just so funny....like theres some conspiracy theory...i bet there was a cop on the "grassy knoll" running the radar too....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
resident

Clifton, NJ

#14 Aug 3, 2009
well then we got one thing in common. i too look forward to our belligerent correspondence. I got that ticket thrown out like a week ago but i keep coming back to this thread. Like you, i have come to look forward to seeing if i was ably to elicit another weak response , and im glad to see when i have. Its admittedly very petty but i guess that like you im the sort of asshole who just likes to bicker. Anyway, on to the topic at hand: Why you are stupid.
What it comes down to for me is the way your trying to argue. What you appear to be doing is creating a whats called a straw-man. Its a version of me, or of my posts anyway, that is making arguments or points that are easier for you to counter than the ones im actually making. For example your post about the difference between typing the word "insights" and "in sites", a simple typo or auto spellcheck mistake that had zero impact on the content of the post. Were not talking about education or writing or spelling, so in this exchange a misspelling or bad punctuation is in general irrelevant. But if you inflate the relevance of that minor technical mistake you create a straw-man argument. Now that the exchange isnt about police, policing or even my post but instead somehow about spelling , now you got an argument you feel like you can make some ground on. The issue of police training is another example. You introduced the idea of debating weather or not i may have received police training. Its a strawman being constructed because for one its an accusation that you felt we could debate to your advantage and because its irrelevant. The original screed only takes the position of a disgruntled citizen, complaining about how a job is being done is not the same as telling someone how to do that job. But mostly its just stupid because were on the internet so you cant prove or disprove anything beyond what i have typed in this thread. Besides complaining about cops only means that im likely not a cop , not that i never could have been. But the cherry on top of your straw-man construction is in your last post, this stuff about a conspiracy and the grassy knoll. Where did that even come from? i suspect thats one of those accusations that says more about you than me , but i dont know for sure.
Ok clown shoes, thats all i got time for now so till next time.
And hey , thanks for killing the last five minutes of work for me its been slow all day.
strawman

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Aug 4, 2009
resident wrote:
well then we got one thing in common. i too look forward to our belligerent correspondence. I got that ticket thrown out like a week ago but i keep coming back to this thread. Like you, i have come to look forward to seeing if i was ably to elicit another weak response , and im glad to see when i have. Its admittedly very petty but i guess that like you im the sort of asshole who just likes to bicker. Anyway, on to the topic at hand: Why you are stupid.
What it comes down to for me is the way your trying to argue. What you appear to be doing is creating a whats called a straw-man. Its a version of me, or of my posts anyway, that is making arguments or points that are easier for you to counter than the ones im actually making. For example your post about the difference between typing the word "insights" and "in sites", a simple typo or auto spellcheck mistake that had zero impact on the content of the post. Were not talking about education or writing or spelling, so in this exchange a misspelling or bad punctuation is in general irrelevant. But if you inflate the relevance of that minor technical mistake you create a straw-man argument. Now that the exchange isnt about police, policing or even my post but instead somehow about spelling , now you got an argument you feel like you can make some ground on. The issue of police training is another example. You introduced the idea of debating weather or not i may have received police training. Its a strawman being constructed because for one its an accusation that you felt we could debate to your advantage and because its irrelevant. The original screed only takes the position of a disgruntled citizen, complaining about how a job is being done is not the same as telling someone how to do that job. But mostly its just stupid because were on the internet so you cant prove or disprove anything beyond what i have typed in this thread. Besides complaining about cops only means that im likely not a cop , not that i never could have been. But the cherry on top of your straw-man construction is in your last post, this stuff about a conspiracy and the grassy knoll. Where did that even come from? i suspect thats one of those accusations that says more about you than me , but i dont know for sure.
Ok clown shoes, thats all i got time for now so till next time.
And hey , thanks for killing the last five minutes of work for me its been slow all day.
Hahaha wow....i made you type all of that? thats impressive...as for you dummy, you did something wrong, which is speed....you got a ticket for it....which you deserve, and then you come on this forum and complain how the police could be doing their job better somewhere else and not "picking" on poor ol you...and that you were the only person deterred...well, you obviously don't know all the other factors that may go into detrring speeders on the particular street, you dont know if someone made a complaint about speeders there and the officer was assigned there...as for your spelling typo...i think pointing it out just shows the type of moron you are and who would post about how cops could do their jobs better....so have a good night/day strawman hahaha im glad i got a rise out of you
hahahaha

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Aug 4, 2009
justify those shiny new chargers in the lot!!!hahaha yeah the cops have to justify the chargers they bought thats why they wrote the ticket hahahaha thats funny...if a regular citizen breaks a motor vehicle law they should be ticketed....myself included! conspiracy! conspiracy against the regular citizen!!!!
resident

Clifton, NJ

#17 Aug 7, 2009
Ill admit... my last post was a little stream of consciousness .... but i couldn't even follow that. At least i got you to go back and re read my original post.....sucker
Ray Bolger

United States

#18 Aug 7, 2009
I was pulled over in Matawan just the other day...by what I must assume to be one of the worst cops on the beat... he is spiralling into various drug addictions, including cocaine and heroin. he is also a gambler who found himself plunged into debt when the New York Mets won the National League Championship Series after trailing the Los Angeles Dodgers and former Met Darryl Strawberry 3-0. I understand he is involved in a new investigation of a particulalrly horrible crime and I hope he uses this as a chance to confront his inner demons and perhaps achieve redemption.
Steve Fox

United States

#19 Aug 7, 2009
That sounds like Harvey Keitel in Bad Lieutenant!
Ray Bolger wrote:
I was pulled over in Matawan just the other day...by what I must assume to be one of the worst cops on the beat... he is spiralling into various drug addictions, including cocaine and heroin. he is also a gambler who found himself plunged into debt when the New York Mets won the National League Championship Series after trailing the Los Angeles Dodgers and former Met Darryl Strawberry 3-0. I understand he is involved in a new investigation of a particulalrly horrible crime and I hope he uses this as a chance to confront his inner demons and perhaps achieve redemption.
better story

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Aug 11, 2009
i got pulled over by this cop the other day for doing 5 over the spped limit what a joke...then he ripped me out of the window and took the money out of my wallet said he needed to pay his crack dealer and and gambling debt...then another cop came by and stopped there...he had a bunch of stolen stereos from a burglary in his trunk...he split them right there on the side of the road with the other cop, right in front of me! he actually gave me a dvd/vhs combo and said i could keep it if i didnt tell on them!!! then i woke up and drove the speed limit with my seat belt on to work!!!!!! and didnt get a ticket!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Another Resident

West Mclean, VA

#21 Oct 5, 2009
I got a ticket in East Windsor, by a West Windsor policeman.. saying that he pulled me in East Windsor because it took him that long to catch up with me.. and he knew "it must" be me because I was driving a Scion TC and you don't see many of those around. He also said he clocked me in a location... I hadn't even been.

In order to get this ticket dismissed, I still had to pay court costs... what a ripoff!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plainsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pi, Pie or both? The choice is yours this Pi Day May 21 Dan B 17
Review: Aqua-Spray Lawn Sprinklers Apr 27 Ellief 3
The World Knows the U.S. is being led by Incomp... (Nov '14) Mar '15 johnny 2
News West Windsor Police host program on Islam and M... Mar '15 Mikey 9
Basement Waterproofing (May '14) Feb '15 jordennancy23 2
News Princeton gets $300M book collection, its large... Feb '15 Baptistism by Proxy 1
Christina Stoy (May '13) Feb '15 gorbachev 3
More from around the web

Plainsboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]