Mother sues Plainfield, ex-officer : ...

Mother sues Plainfield, ex-officer : The Morning Call Online

There are 22 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 2, 2007, titled Mother sues Plainfield, ex-officer : The Morning Call Online. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Plainfield Township police covered up allegations that an officer molested a 14-year-old girl, according to a federal lawsuit, which also claims police harassed her mother for reporting the crime.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FuzzBall

Allentown, PA

#1 May 2, 2007
Hmmmmmm, I wonder if she is going to sue me? I don't know this officer, never spoke to him, never met him, but I did see his picture in the newspaper and read the article. I guess that makes me somewhat responsible...kinda like pulling in the Allentown Police Academy...freekin money grubbers! Oh, and since I wrote this as being critical and negative towards the mother, I guess that's harassment!
The truth squad

AOL

#2 May 2, 2007
This is what I posted on Sunday about the other article on this case and IT IS STILLTHE TRUTH:

"They should fire the Police Chief for hiring him. The Chief publicly admitted that he did not do the necessary and required background checks on Young before allowing him on the streets of Plainfield Township. Because the chief did not do his job he put all the residents in harms way from this sexual degenerate. What did it cost the taxpayers of Plainfield Township for the chief's incompetence? Plenty
Remember how long the taxpayers paid Young after he was arrested. Remember the Express article? What a disgrace.

Mar 8, 2007
Officer was paid while suspended
Cop collected $23,227 over four months. Chris Young later pleaded guilty to sex with teen.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
By DOUGLAS B. BRILL
The Express-Times
PLAINFIELD TWP.| A township cop collected more than $23,000 while on suspension following charges he sexually assaulted a 14-year-old girl, according to township records.
Christopher Scott Young, 29, resigned from the township police force Monday, the same day he pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting the teen and no contest to lying about his qualifications to be a cop"
Mad Man

Bangor, PA

#3 May 2, 2007
Two sides to this story I see

Since: Mar 07

Northampton, PA

#4 May 2, 2007
Mad Man wrote:
Two sides to this story I see
Yoda, is that you?
thetruth

Phillipsburg, NJ

#6 May 2, 2007
What a mess this guy created. The DA's office needs to investigate every single arrest that Chris Young made while he was pretending to be a police officer. I understand the argument that he was hired in good faith however, Chris Young is a proven criminal and liar. He lied to get the job so would it not then seem possible that he lied while on the job and while collecting evidence, writing reports, making arrests, etc.? It also seems likely that he broke criminal procedure rules as he was apparently never trained.

Since: Feb 07

Lehigh Valley

#7 May 2, 2007
I had seen "officer" Young in action while he was still working as a police officer. In the particular incident I witnessed, his actions were reprehensible, and the guy obviously had no integrity whatsoever. When all the allegations against him surfaced, I was certainly not surprised in the least. I know officers in neighboring communities were aware of some of the things Young was doing, so why was his own department not aware?

“I believe in Karma...”

Since: May 07

Allentown

#8 May 2, 2007
where was this young 14 year old girls mother while she was carrying out a 4 month relationship with this much older man? seems to me like this mother had no idea what her daughter was doing, or it would not have happened. thats the problem these days, although we as parents cant keep our children in check 24-7, especially at the age of 14 where rebellion is an issue, i know darn well that my 14 year old daughter would not be in a situation like this because i am too nosey in her personal life, whether she likes it or not. as a parent, you have to draw a line and say for now, i am your parent and not your friend!!!

“Karma”

Since: Mar 07

Lehigh Valley

#9 May 2, 2007
Why shouldn't this mother sue on behalf of her daughter? Her daughter was molested by a police officer who wasn't qualified to be a police officer. The family was then alledgedly harassed by police force. Sounds like she may have a case...

This has been going on since May 2005 and township solicitor David Beckinstoe "hasn't really looked at the whole thing yet". Is he kidding, to busy? not important enough to look at in the past 2 years?
tappa

United States

#10 May 2, 2007
Lilly wrote:
Why shouldn't this mother sue on behalf of her daughter? Her daughter was molested by a police officer who wasn't qualified to be a police officer. The family was then alledgedly harassed by police force. Sounds like she may have a case...
This has been going on since May 2005 and township solicitor David Beckinstoe "hasn't really looked at the whole thing yet". Is he kidding, to busy? not important enough to look at in the past 2 years?
I agree with you , Backenstoe is the township solicitor for Mooretownship and i guess he didnt do much there for the incidents involving the two police man covering up the accident there either, he too busy with all the zoning and other crap they do at the township meetings!
bob bilder

Easton, PA

#11 May 2, 2007
KarenS wrote:
I had seen "officer" Young in action while he was still working as a police officer. In the particular incident I witnessed, his actions were reprehensible, and the guy obviously had no integrity whatsoever. When all the allegations against him surfaced, I was certainly not surprised in the least. I know officers in neighboring communities were aware of some of the things Young was doing, so why was his own department not aware?
The F.O.P is one of many reason police take care of police. they all have there clicks. Just look at Easton P.D. the department was Loaded with good old boy's members.
Mike

York, PA

#12 May 2, 2007
Whether or not the guy was a cop at this point is immaterial. If someone kills someone with a gun, but the person taking them in isn't a cop, is the person innocent? You can still make a citizens arrest. And in no way am I defending this creep, but criminals are still criminals, even if a criminal is arresting them. As for Backenstoe, I believe he was referring to the suit naming the township, as well as every other breathing entity in the world, that was JUST filed. If he hasn't read that, how can he comment?
RideEmCowboy

United States

#13 May 2, 2007
[QUOTE who="My Taxes at Work"I would not take the word of a 14/15 year old girl as gospel.[/QUOTE]

The Tawana Brawley Hoax, is a good example.
spud

Alexandria, VA

#14 May 2, 2007
The man admitted guilt here. Whats the problem?Sounds like he had some inside help trying to squash this thing too.If we allow police,even immitation cops, to act like this then what is the point of having laws?
Jeannie

United States

#15 May 2, 2007
Get ready for some of the same in the Whitehall Executive race with Danny McNeill where no background check was done. This is what happens when the Proper Background Checks are not done.
Mindy Mac

United States

#16 May 2, 2007
Whats a girl to do in Plainfield. Its not safe anymore. I am going to move to Bangor.
Palmerton

Blairstown, NJ

#18 May 2, 2007
Mindy Mac wrote:
Whats a girl to do in Plainfield. Its not safe anymore. I am going to move to Bangor.
The grass always looks greener on the other side. You could be moving from the fry pan in to the fire. Just stay where u r . Now that heads r starting to roll in Plainfield Twp. it's only a matter of time till they get all the bad guys out and decent ones in.
Clean House

Washington, DC

#19 May 2, 2007
Palmerton wrote:
<quoted text>The grass always looks greener on the other side. You could be moving from the fry pan in to the fire. Just stay where u r . Now that heads r starting to roll in Plainfield Twp. it's only a matter of time till they get all the bad guys out and decent ones in.
Oh! is there something a brewing?
mmmmm...yes..get them bad guys outta there...
what a bunch of rascals
Hannah

Bangor, PA

#20 May 2, 2007
You don't have to take the word of a 14 year old = he admitted this!!
wiseman

Middletown, PA

#21 May 2, 2007
wait untill they find out the mother did sleep with chris.
yoda

Bangor, PA

#22 May 2, 2007
easilyamused wrote:
<quoted text>
Yoda, is that you?
yes it is i

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plainfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) May 11 DANABOO 104
Review: Red Circle Performance Preowned (Jan '13) Mar '17 Red Circle runs C... 30
Gettysburg police officer claims sexual harassm... Feb '17 Davenport 1
News PA Lottery Powerball Ticket Worth $100,000 Sold... (Oct '16) Dec '16 Saddam 6
wow actavis discontinued but you can still get ... (Jan '16) Dec '16 Generation Wuss 4
Remains Dec '16 Sammy 4
News PA Turnpike considers going cashless (Jul '12) Nov '16 Craig 3

Plainfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plainfield Mortgages