Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Oh my, this place is good. Better than any of the places on Lockport Street.
Mike S

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Went there yesterday. Very average to below. The bun I had was ice cold. You walk in and you dont know if this a sit down place or carry out. I saw 4 people walk in and walk out and all looked confused. The owner needs to cut his hair and lose the shorts and look a little more like an owner. My guess 6 months or less and this place will be gone.
TaylorFromJoliet

Hammond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

My man brought this home for me last night. It was a real treat!
Kim S

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Awesome!! Had the pulled pork sandwich and mac and cheese, best I ever had.
Hubby had the ribs and fresh cut fries, again awesome!! Prices are very reasonable, will definitely be going back! Mike S you sound like the competition:)
Mike S

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Kim S you sound like a relative.
BBQ Hunter

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

I was very excited about a new BBQ restaurant and went there with my brother to try it. We walked in and sat down and waited for a server to wait on us, and the kitchen workers told us to order at the back at the kitchen and so we did. My brother had the tri tips sandwich and the bread was a sweet bread roll ice cold and the meat was cold, very tough and he had trouble chewing it. I ordered the 1/4 chicken which was average and had no smoke or spice flavor on it. We both had french fries which was good. The meaty baked beans was also good. We both graded the place as average to below, and not in a hurry to go back. Sorry this couldn't be a more positive post, but we call it as it taste. This makes us want to go back to Baby Back Blues Bbq. You just can't get good smoked bbq unless you have a all wood cooked smoker.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Excellent!! From the south and that's some real BBQ!
Larry

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

The worst BBQ I ever ate. But don't take my word try it yourself I guarantee you'll never go back...
WHY NOT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

I say an ambulance in front of the place over the weekend. Either someone got sick eating the food or and old man had a heart attack at U MASSAGE after his happy ending.
Jon H

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Had the brisket sandwich. Very good cut and great sauce. Better than the bbq I usually get at places like Famous Dave's and Patio. The fries were excellent.

This place has great food for a low price.
BBQ fan

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Southern Boy wrote:
I wont go there, If there is NO smell of smoke, Its City Boy BBQ,...bake it the oven..splash some Kraft sause on it....I make mouth watering BBQ...No beaners in My kitchen...
First of all sauce is spelled with a c. The owner of the Wild West BBQ was kind enough to personally take me back in to his kitchen to see his smokers in operation. They're two Southern Pride brand smokers. No ovens, bright boy. One can take 500 lbs. the other 600. Both fired by the big pile of pure hickory logs sitting right there. Very impressive.
Southern MAN

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Southern Boy wrote:
I wont go there, If there is NO smell of smoke, Its City Boy BBQ,...bake it the oven..splash some Kraft sause on it....I make mouth watering BBQ...No beaners in My kitchen...
Chances are from your display of complete illiteracy, that you dont have a kitchen. If you did, I can guarantee the hardworking and very talented Mexican people you referred to as "beaners" would cook circles around you.

Ribs are hearty and delicious. Brisket is as good if not better than I remember it back home in Texas. Good Tri-tip. Havent tried the pulled pork yet. Everything so far has been delicious and reminded me of good ol' fashioned BBQ back home, and people in Texas dont mess around with BBQ.

I recommend this restaraunt to anyone who loves REAL smoked BBQ. Not racists who appropriatly call themselves a BOY.
Kelly

Posen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

I live pretty far from this place but went to try it with some friends that live in Plainfield on Ottawa Street. I thought the food was quite good. I could taste the smoke. The beans were great. I do agree we were not sure where to go when we walked in also the sauce on the table could use some help. I like the unique sauces, not hot but with flavor, I told the owner this and he said they were working on some more sauce choices.
Jesse H

Shorewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

The atmosphere was nice but when you walk in it is a bit confusing. We thought we were suppose to sit down and be served. We were then instructed by the nice bartender that we had to go to the back of the restaurant to order. It was a bit odd.

The menu is very limited and was not online for us to view ahead of time.

My take on the food was that it was average at best. My buddy and I had the brisket, mac and cheese, chili, slaw and 1/2 chicken.

First of all I am not a bbq snob at all. The brisket was good/average. The mac and cheese was awful. It was very dry and I think it had sat in the warmer too long. Aside from that it had absolutely no flavor. The chili with brisket meat was the star of the meal.(That's not saying much). The chicken was about average. My favorite was the slaw it had wonderful flavor.

Needless to say I will more than likely not go back. Sadly, if it doesn't improve I think it will be gone in less than 6 months.

Bob

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Have to agree with Mike. First time there. Beef Brisket sandwich was bland, BBQ Sauce was bland, ordered side of cole slaw, got Baked Beans with shredded beef instead. Found this after I left and was at work. Yes confusing when you walk in. And no I am not a competitor, just don"t see this place surving long. Will not be going back.
Bob

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Forgot to add this. You want excellent BBQ, go to Gematos in Naperville. Have no financial stake there but it is without a doubt the BEST BBQ around.

“No, that's not a picture of me”

Since: Dec 07

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
Forgot to add this. You want excellent BBQ, go to Gematos in Naperville. Have no financial stake there but it is without a doubt the BEST BBQ around.
Gemato's has some of the fattiest brisket I've ever had. I like Smokey's in Yorkville. Plus they serve beer. I don't care for Smoky's in Joliet, either; other than the chicken. The sides are marginal at best.
Jane From Westmont

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

I used to date this loser. I just started dating again, and the guy took me to Wild West BBQ on our first date. At first, I thought it was an odd choice and the guy was a cheapo! But the restaurant is actually very clean and nice inside - everything looks brand new. The food is very good. I am not a huge fan of BBQ, but I had the brisket and really enjoyed it. The fries are like nothing I have ever had - don't know how they cook them, but probably the best I have ever had. Cole slaw also very very good. The owner was nice enough to stop by our table and ask if everything was to our liking. I will definitely come back!
kelsey

Hinckley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

SUCKS.
Enough said.

“No, that's not a picture of me”

Since: Dec 07

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

lostinthevines wrote:
<quoted text>
Gemato's has some of the fattiest brisket I've ever had. I like Smokey's in Yorkville. Plus they serve beer. I don't care for Smoky's in Joliet, either; other than the chicken. The sides are marginal at best.
It's not spam, I'm not clueless, and I'm not nuts. I'm right. And I don't work for any of the places I named.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Plainfield Discussions

Search the Plainfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jackies Re-opens (Jun '12) 6 hr John caliendo 12
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 7 hr NO HOPE vegas 4,248
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 hr Dusty Mangina 47,002
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 8 hr concerned taxpayer 6,530
Lockport council delays decision on police dog 8 hr Culver 47
romeoville model citizens (Mar '13) 11 hr Bro 53
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 19 hr Be kuel 1,808
•••
•••
•••
•••

Plainfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Plainfield People Search