Paul Fay

Larry Kachel

Bill Lamb

Mark Chmura

Dan Rippey

Since: Jun 09

United States

#104 Jan 27, 2011
Don't really see how ANY of the candidates for the Village of Plainfield will actually do anything.
Not one knocked on my door..but I did get a Garrett Peck Christmas card (but unfortunately, he will be around for a while longer).

Still would like to know where and when this supposed Debate will be held.
Wallin Woods

Plainfield, IL

#105 Jan 27, 2011
EZ Fella wrote:
<quoted text>Rippy's first election mistake = Beware of a Lawyer that calls you his friend ,it's an oxymoron for sure. If elected the Joliet "scratch my back" payback may influence a decision.
You are right EZ Fella,

That is why I am supporting Mark Chmura.

He is dedicated to public service as a career! Out with the old and in with the new! Fay is clueless. First he wnats to fine me of it starts raining while I am watering my lawn. Next thing you know, he will fine me if I forget and leave my outside lights on during the day.

Maybe he should quit his Trustee post and be the Village Babysitter. I think he should propose a village ordinance calling for any vehicle that gets under 40 MPG to pay a $500 annual Village tax so we can hire back all the police officers they had to lay off. If Fay didn't support getting rid of vehicle stickers, my subdivision would be that much safer. Lay off some more police officers Fay! Great job!
EZ Fella

Plainfield, IL

#106 Jan 27, 2011
Wallin Woods wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right EZ Fella,
That is why I am supporting Mark Chmura.
He is dedicated to public service as a career! Out with the old and in with the new! Fay is clueless. First he wnats to fine me of it starts raining while I am watering my lawn. Next thing you know, he will fine me if I forget and leave my outside lights on during the day.
Maybe he should quit his Trustee post and be the Village Babysitter. I think he should propose a village ordinance calling for any vehicle that gets under 40 MPG to pay a $500 annual Village tax so we can hire back all the police officers they had to lay off. If Fay didn't support getting rid of vehicle stickers, my subdivision would be that much safer. Lay off some more police officers Fay! Great job!
I have made several inquiries on this thread as to Mr Churmas' position on local issues. I have been advised that the name was a joke posted by an old Packer fan. I researched his past to find that he was a great football player. I have no reason to live in the past.
I only want to hear what he has to say about this community. It appears that you may have a connection to him , if so, tell him to get visibale so all can get a feel for his platform. Thanks WW

As for Mr Fay, well we might have some differences there--I can see good and bad with the position he takes. I do feel that he has a handle on the big issues and may be weak on the smaller issues.
Bottom line ,I would like to see all candidates sit down on PCTV and Jaw about this community.
GeoCaplin

Chicago, IL

#107 Jan 27, 2011
I agree with EZ, let's see a genuine public debate. This closed door bs with PTRO is about endorsing their choices and will be attended by their own members. I predict Fay, Rippy and Chmura will receive their endorsement. I have not heard of any other scheduled debates.
And as for Fay (and any other "Green" candidates), can we drop the conservation/friend of the environment s&@t for awhile? Where the hell is that getting any of us? Let's concentrate on our budget crisis, out of work residents (including police officers and village employees) and sky rocketing taxes to pay for the p@$& poor schools! Stop placating to the minority of people who live Green! We all try to recycle and turn off some lights, NOW MOVE ON TO SOMETHING IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!

United States

#108 Jan 28, 2011
ALL the before mentioned Candidates have a strong record of voting Republican, so any talk of "green" can end now.
Thank you GeoCaplin for the last post indicating the so-called debate is "closed door bs with PTRO is about endorsing their choices and will be attended by their own members".
So, maybe the Plainfield Area Chamber of Commerce will, at least, have a "question and answer session", where the Village & School Board candidates can try and answer questions from the voters.
Still have not seen hide 'nor hair of any of the candidates for either the Village or School boards.
I still stand by my prediction of a less than 20% voter turnout...again.
Chmura 2011

Plainfield, IL

#109 Jan 28, 2011
Chmura 2011! Out with the old and in with the new!

Finally a WTRO candidate to respresent Wheatland!

United States

#110 Jan 28, 2011
Chmura 2011 wrote:
So, you support "area" representation?
I feel due to the size of Plainfield ward representation should be something needed.
Then REAL area representation will be something to possibly get new blood...and Voters out on Election Day.
The only area where there was a somewhat respectable turnout (for the municipal election) was in the older, established parts of town.
BTW...the last WTRO endorsed candidates didn't fare too well.
Chmura 2011

Plainfield, IL

#111 Jan 31, 2011

EZ Fella

Plainfield, IL

#112 Feb 8, 2011
He Speaks!!
finally Mark Churma opens his mouth--OOOps that was his wife . His sad attempt to sway the board at Mondays meeting was poo-pooed by all but one(guess who). But wait, the guy had to have his wife read (poorly) his views . I wonder who does the laundry. Get some balls Mark ,we need to see/hear from you---if you are not a ghost.

Since: Oct 10

Plainfield, Illinois

#113 Feb 8, 2011
EZ Fella wrote:
He Speaks!!
finally Mark Churma opens his mouth--OOOps that was his wife . His sad attempt to sway the board at Mondays meeting was poo-pooed by all but one(guess who). But wait, the guy had to have his wife read (poorly) his views . I wonder who does the laundry. Get some balls Mark ,we need to see/hear from you---if you are not a ghost.
What did I miss? I (un)fortunately do not receive Channel 6 on my satelite and missed this weeks broadcast on PTV. I guess I could always catch the Wednesday replay. But, do tell, my friend. What did the lovely Mrs. Churma have to say? What words of wisdom did the realtor of the year have to share with the Village of Plainfield? I'm assuming "guess who" was Trustee Peck who couldn't possibly "poo=poo" his own words. But then again, he is quite the ventriloquist. Can you post the transcript?
Maybe Anissa writes the personal comments on Mark's webpage? Yikes!
Gay Fey

Plainfield, IL

#114 Feb 8, 2011
I agree Caplin!

Westmont, IL

#115 Feb 9, 2011
Cool!
WTRO

Plainfield, IL

#116 Feb 10, 2011
WTRO produly endorses Mark Allen Chmura for Village of Plainfield Trustee.

We will finally have representation from Wheatland Township on the Village!
NO way Fay

Plainfield, IL

#117 Feb 10, 2011
I heard Fay supported the dirty Lingerie shop in downtown plainfield. What a disgrace!
GeoCaplin

Dallas, TX

#118 Feb 15, 2011
So it's been almost a week since the PTRO candidates night and we haven't heard any spouting off for any candidates. I'll amend my former prediction of their endorsements to not endorsing anyone specific, so as not to alienate anyone's support for the future political aspirations of certain members of their committee.

Westmont, IL

#119 Feb 16, 2011
GeoCaplin wrote:
So it's been almost a week since the PTRO candidates night and we haven't heard any spouting off for any candidates. I'll amend my former prediction of their endorsements to not endorsing anyone specific, so as not to alienate anyone's support for the future political aspirations of certain members of their committee.
It doesn't matter who or whom they endorse: Past consolidated elections showed VERY LOW turnouts...which are great for the incumbents.
hockey1

Joliet, IL

#120 Feb 17, 2011
WTRO wrote:
WTRO produly endorses Mark Allen Chmura for Village of Plainfield Trustee.
We will finally have representation from Wheatland Township on the Village!
Great, Naperville is pushing Chmura on us. That is enough of a reason for me to vote against him. Let's send Naperville a message that we don't want their hand picked guy on our board. VOTE NO ON CHMURA!!!!
Gays for Fay

Plainfield, IL

#121 Feb 17, 2011
I heard Chmura does not beleive in civil union. I am voting for Paul Fay.
GeoCaplin

Warrenville, IL

#122 Feb 17, 2011
hockey1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great, Naperville is pushing Chmura on us. That is enough of a reason for me to vote against him. Let's send Naperville a message that we don't want their hand picked guy on our board. VOTE NO ON CHMURA!!!!
I myself would like to know exactly how Mr Chmura is going to commit to the busy schedule of a trustee, seeing how he is still currently an employee of the Naperville Fire Department. Has he given any indication to which he will be more dedicated to, the Village of Plainfield or the City of Naperville Fire Department? Unless he's planning on retiring soon after the election (IF he is elected) I do not see how the Village would benefit from his presence on the Board.
TheRealGarrettPe ck

Warrenville, IL

#123 Feb 17, 2011
Gays for Fay wrote:
I heard Chmura does not beleive in civil union. I am voting for Paul Fay.
But atleast Mark has a nice moustache!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plainfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BPD court jester 2 min Al Holtzman 4
Fairmont board doing wonders! 3 hr Fairmont Questioner 21
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 22 hr Halloween 10,883
As it should be heard!! Sun Ollo 17
Braidwood police chief Nicholas ficarello Jul 20 test 3
DuPage County, Illinois women are worst gold di... Jul 19 relentless hound 12
where is all the russian collusion news Jul 15 Sharky 36

Plainfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance