Racism in Irish Society Must be Challenged - ICI

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: The Epoch Times 45

Dr Robert Berkeley speaking in Dublin at launch of ICI report, viewed by Lord Mayor of Dublin, Andrew Montague "Racism is an everyday fact of life for migrants in Ireland," more must be done to challenge those who engage in racist behaviour in public settings say the Immigrant Council of Ireland .

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jane

Ireland

#1 Oct 12, 2011
I agree totallyThere is no excuse for racism.

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Since: Oct 11

Hell, Norway

#2 Oct 12, 2011
Jane wrote:
I agree totallyThere is no excuse for racism.
Sure they is Missy, We Irish are just better people than others.
Barney

Ireland

#3 Oct 13, 2011
Racists are usually losers looking for others to blame for their own insignificance.
Jerry

Lenni, PA

#4 Oct 13, 2011
Racism must be faced head on in every society.

http://newsviewstattoos.blogspot.com/
Sentinel

Moncton, Canada

#5 Oct 13, 2011
What about when a govt agency stops a white born Canadian woman's job application from going any further because she is not a minority? Isn't the same as telling her she is the wrong color or if someone of color was refused a job for not being white?

I had a leftist leftard tell me here it was payback for the institutionalized and established racism that existed in Canada for years. WTF?
abc

United States

#6 Oct 13, 2011
I guess Irish forgot they were discriminated in the past themselves.
half time

UK

#7 Oct 13, 2011
y'all Irish gotta embrace the peace yo, i be chillin on a beach in kington Jamacia last year yo. And some brethren be trying to sell me some jerk irish breakfast roll and Sh!t.

y'all gotta sipp the g-ness kid , keep it Eire style aiiigt

“Relax, and do what I tell you”

Since: Jan 11

Dublin, Ireland

#8 Oct 13, 2011
I hate the Polish race.
Jim

Ireland

#9 Oct 14, 2011
Sheeple Herder wrote:
I hate the Polish race.
Why?Is it because they are white and catholic like the Irish race.Makes sense when you consider the Irish bicker and fight among themselves unless they are looking at english premiership football or x-factor..see..Im Irish and even I hate the Irish.hehe
Piotr Chezchnesja

United States

#10 Oct 14, 2011
W Irlandii można znaleźć wszystko, od mieszkań Ballymun do culchies jedzenie ziemniaków i mówić o galelic piłki nożnej. to mnie nie interesuje
Say What

Ireland

#11 Oct 14, 2011
Piotr Chezchnesja wrote:
W Irlandii można znaleźć wszystko, od mieszkań Ballymun do culchies jedzenie ziemniaków i mówić o galelic piłki nożnej. to mnie nie interesuje
Come again?

“Relax, and do what I tell you”

Since: Jan 11

Dublin, Ireland

#12 Oct 20, 2011
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
Come again?
Do you now see what my meaning was.
Scotty Scottson

Ireland

#13 Oct 20, 2011
what about pikeys??its ok not to like them..lets face it we all hate them..thats racist
Scotty Scottson

Ireland

#14 Oct 21, 2011
Why is Scotty so gay?
Dr Kimble

Ireland

#15 Oct 21, 2011
Piotr Chezchnesja wrote:
W Irlandii mo&#380;na znale&#378;&#263; wszystko, od mieszka&#324; Ballymun do culchies jedzenie ziemniaków i mówi&#263; o galelic pi&#322;ki no&#380;nej. to mnie nie interesuje
u ok?.....not feelin the love here?????
Jerry

Lenni, PA

#16 Oct 26, 2011
Racism must be confronted in every society.
http://newsviewstattoos.blogspot.com/
halal meat

Ireland

#17 Oct 30, 2011
I have a massive problem with muslim restaraunt or take away owners insidiously hiding that their meat is 'halal meat'(=animal killed inhumanely and meat 'purified' according to islamic ritual) and instead trying to force it down my throat.
Before going to a Turkish, Persian, Lebanese, Indian (if owned by muslims)etc restaurant always ask if their meat is halal. If they do, don't go in and let others know. Most will say yes, as they know most Irish do not ask and/or have no problem with that.
Why should people who are not followers of the false, manipulative and evil lie that is Islam be tricked and cheated to eat food that has been prepared according to islamic tradition?

And this is not racism.
Greg

Ireland

#18 Oct 30, 2011
halal meat wrote:
I have a massive problem with muslim restaraunt or take away owners insidiously hiding that their meat is 'halal meat'(=animal killed inhumanely and meat 'purified' according to islamic ritual) and instead trying to force it down my throat.
Before going to a Turkish, Persian, Lebanese, Indian (if owned by muslims)etc restaurant always ask if their meat is halal. If they do, don't go in and let others know. Most will say yes, as they know most Irish do not ask and/or have no problem with that.
Why should people who are not followers of the false, manipulative and evil lie that is Islam be tricked and cheated to eat food that has been prepared according to islamic tradition?
And this is not racism.
Did you see the way they killed Gadhaffi?I wonder if it they will say it was okay because it was halal??Dirty sodomites even tried to defile him.
Marie

Ireland

#19 Nov 1, 2011
I was appalling

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

#20 Nov 2, 2011
Racism?

They get let in, get given a roof over their head, social welfare or access to education or a job, eventually getting citizenship etc,

What racism?

What about the racism Irish people can still encounter north of the border?

You think we have time to worry about some immigrants while we still have our own problems?

Fools

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's are the good school district in delaware... Dec 23 why 2
I love you Melissa (Sep '11) Dec 17 Repeatly 7
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Village, ... Dec 12 Concerned 1
Octagon Fight Gear Don Litke Trade Mark Violation Dec 7 MMA Copy Cat 1
Can Marion be Delaware? (Jul '12) Dec 5 jobos better half 30
Breaking News! Nov '14 Citrus Scoop 1
Truck made in Ohio to carry Capitol Christmas Tree Oct '14 They cannot kill ... 4
Plain City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Plain City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Plain City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Plain City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 pm PST

CBS Sports10:04PM