Sun Prairie, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

Judged:

I'm curious as to the general opinion of the public of Delaware County about Sheriff Walter L. "Magnum" Davis III. I want to know the opinion of people who do not have to work for him. Thank you....and yes, I will share my opinion as soon as I get feedback.
Not Sure

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2008

Judged:

Not sure what the general public opinion is but heard an interesting rumour regarding him. What is your opinion?
Wouldlosemyjob

Sun Prairie, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2008

Judged:

There certainly was an interesting rumor regarding him. There are many more in fact. Things that have not come to light and/or have been swept under the rug. I hope to see more responses prior to giving my general opinion. If it was the "rear of a business" rumor, that was in fact true.
in the know

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2008

Judged:

Wouldlosemyjob wrote:
There certainly was an interesting rumor regarding him. There are many more in fact. Things that have not come to light and/or have been swept under the rug. I hope to see more responses prior to giving my general opinion. If it was the "rear of a business" rumor, that was in fact true.
more than just rumors. behavior that dates back several years
Not Sure

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

Judged:

Yes, heard the rumor about the "rear of a business". Why has this situation with a public official not been made public?
delaware county resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2008

Judged:

There was an article in the Delaware Gazette. It stated that the Westerville Police Officer embellished the story about the Sheriff. I think you need to give this guy a chance. The previous Sheriff Al Myers was always in the press for negative incidents. You have not heard anything negative about the office since the new Sheriff took over
No way

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Judged:

Let me just say this about Sheriff self named man "Magnum" Davis III. He is not what the Deputies need or want to lead their office.

Vote for anybody but Davis in November!!!!!!!!!!

He has created a hostile work environment for everyone except a small group.

He is a power happy micro manager that has no clue about running a Sheriff's Office. Heck he has no clue about Law or how it works. If you don't believe me then ask any Deputy on Patrol. They may not answer you for fear of Davis but if you get an anwer that seems kinda vague then you know.

And as for him being honest HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Good luck Delaware County if you vote this guy in. You havent seen bad unitl this guy gets in for the next 4 years.

This guy is just as bad if not worse than Al Myers. I promise you that.
Loyal to County residents

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

Judged:

Delaware County Residents I hope that you turn out to vote this November as it is important. I am a Delaware County Deputy Sheriff and am deeply concerned. Please research and meet the canadates that are running for this office as the November results may directly impact you or a loved one. It is very important to have a Sheriff that will work closely with other law enforcement agencies with in Delaware County and Central Ohio.
not afraid to tell

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Judged:

Well again, the republican party has been hit in the face with a pie..first the republican commissioners put mark wolfe in for a week, and it is going to cost the taxpayers of delaware county a bundle when the lawsuit he generated over former sheriff al myers is over..now its magnum...a low level supervisor from the highway patrol..he cant fingure out when there is 20 inches of snow outside what snow emergency level to post. thats the small of it...20k+ for a closed circuit television system for deputies roll call, 30K+ for leather gear..yeah, he'll tell you it came from an overabundance of funds, but it could have been better spent elsewhere. lets not forget late night behind the closed business "couselling" session with the voting female republican party member, who helped appoint him..Hey republican party, who else did he sleep with to get the nod???? Wow! whats next on the sheriff's slate of things to do to boost his image, oh yeah, motorcycles which I estimate is some where around 45k to purchase and adorn with Walter L. Davis III on the star...Hey citizens of Delaware County, better watch your wallets, cause Magnum isa comin..Be afraid, Very afraid
A concerned employee

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Judged:

I hope the citizens of Delaware County look really hard who they elect to this position, because the employees sure aren't happy with whats there now.
Deputy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Judged:

Loyal to County residents wrote:
Delaware County Residents I hope that you turn out to vote this November as it is important. I am a Delaware County Deputy Sheriff and am deeply concerned. Please research and meet the canadates that are running for this office as the November results may directly impact you or a loved one. It is very important to have a Sheriff that will work closely with other law enforcement agencies with in Delaware County and Central Ohio.
I couldn't agree more this guy is an idiot. I know because I work there. It's to the point that he will not except memo's unless they are typed a certain way and it has to have his name tattooed some where on the memo. And if ya didn't know what a cry baby he is. Let me tell during contract negotiation if he doesn't get his way he will either "Take his toys and leave" or he will literally start crying. Ther are tons of other things that he does that no one knows about yet. They are not good.
Concerned Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

Judged:

Wow!! It seems that politics is really hard in Delaware County. Are people really that afraid of change, structure, or a minority finally succeeding at an office that has been so embroiled in controversy, and embarassment. Give the man a chance. It sounds like the employees dont like change, and are complaining about technology, better equipment, and possibly not getting what they want or were promised by the previous administration.
Deputy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

Judged:

Concerned Citizen wrote:
Wow!! It seems that politics is really hard in Delaware County. Are people really that afraid of change, structure, or a minority finally succeeding at an office that has been so embroiled in controversy, and embarassment. Give the man a chance. It sounds like the employees dont like change, and are complaining about technology, better equipment, and possibly not getting what they want or were promised by the previous administration.

It has nothing to do with change, or the fact that he is a minority. We except change and look forward to it. I just don't think he is the right person for the job. The fact is that he is clueless and has no real idea how to run an office of this size, and we don't need someone to learn on the job and who says one thing and does the other and can only seem to remember things that he wants to. Empoyees who read this will understand what I'am saying because Im sure he has done this to them at one time or another. For those who are not employeed at the Sheriff's Office, please take close look at Mr. Davis and I encourage you to look into his back round, you will find it very interesting. I would also like to say that his chance, has come and gone along time ago. So you want change then don't vote for Mr. Davis come election time, four years of Walter will be a very very big mistake, if he would even make it that far. Before its all said and done Walter will be a big embarassment to Delaware county
Concerned Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2008

Judged:

Your comments seem very personal. Do you really think come election time that the other guy a retired trooper is the answer. He would have no clue (like you say) as well. I wonder who do you think, since you seem to have all of the answers on how to run the Sheriff's Department would be the best person?
concerned employee

Zanesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2008

Judged:

I don't think people commenting on here have an accurate picture of what is happening inside the Sheriff's Office. The public's view of what is going on is positive mainly because Davis' behavior is directed inward. Everything he does publicly is to put his name out there positively.

In his own house it's not that he doesn't know how to run an agency "this size" he doesn't have the first clue how to be a law enforcement manager. He makes crazy demands and has wild ideas about how things should be done. Most of these outlandish suggestions (some have been criminal if they were carried out) are quashed by the supervisors under him. He regularly makes arbitrary decisions that compromise officer safety across the board. When you endanger your officers you also endanger the public.

Davis refuses to put most of his "rules" on paper either because he doesn't want to be held accountable for them, or so he can chcange them and deny the first ever existed when he changes his mind (which has happened more than a few times).

There are also countless rumors of trouble in his past at the Patrol. We are talking about a man who sued the State of Ohio in order to become a Sergeant. Incidentally he was a Sergeant who was in charge of NO ONE. A man who was so hated by his coworkers that they packed up for him and pushed him out the door halfway through his last day at the State Highway Patrol.

Concerned Citizen, you suggest that employees on here are simply against change. Most of the employees had their issues with Myers and welcomed change. We gave Davis a chance and were SO hopeful that he would be positive for everyone. I for one was excited when he came to our agency, and I tried to excuse the first several bumps as growing pains. But things just keep happening and the man is too arrogant to even think anything is wrong.

If this is what he does when he has the job as an appointment, what will happen if he gets elected and gets really comfortable? Sure he is educated and can be professional and composed. He looks good in uniform and can give a great positive soundbyte. But is that all it takes to run a law enforcement agency? Most teenagers on the high school debate club can do that.
Rumor Control

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2008

Judged:

I agree with concerned citizen, all the comments appear to be very personal or rumors! Have you heard Elvis and Tupac are still alive! Where is your proof that he has put Deputies lives in danger or that he has made criminal suggestions?
Did You Know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2008

Judged:

Did you know that the person running against the Sheriff as an independant is being coached and counceled by Jim Ward and Al Myers. Two fine examples of Delaware County Politicians who have brought nothing but embarrassment, dishonor, and disgrace to this fine County. This information came from the independants relative.
concerned employee

Zanesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2008

Judged:

Well, rumor control.. The "proof" is in specific details that would out anyone giving those details. It's hard to support your family without a job.

Nobody said you had to believe or listen. Just don't say you weren't warned.
Concerned Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2008

Judged:

Concerned Employee- I talked with an employee who had a volitile relationship with Sheriff Myers. This person told me that it is not perfect at the Sheriff's Department, but it is certainly better then what it was. He told me that employees are mostly upset because they have to wear hats and ties. They are also upset because the Sheriff striped the cruisers, developed overlapping shifts,and has no tolerance for sick leave abuse.
As you can tell by these facts this person actually works there. I must tell you that I work in the real world were change happens daily, and if you dont like it, its just too bad. These "changes" I'm sure upset employees, but I also understand that there are many positive changes as well. Unfortunately your comments are so personal that you refuse to see anything as positive. I was told that the detective bureau will have more staffing, schools will have officers again, tons of training is going on to the point that employees are now complaining,fair promotional process,volunteer deputies are being hired full time, morale building events like picnics, gatherings etc. I think you need to be more open minded, and think about how you personally can make it a better place, instead of giving up so easily.
A concerned employee

Cardington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2008

Judged:

Rumor Control wrote:
I agree with concerned citizen, all the comments appear to be very personal or rumors! Have you heard Elvis and Tupac are still alive! Where is your proof that he has put Deputies lives in danger or that he has made criminal suggestions?
Obviously, you are one of the persons that are kissing up to this idiot, which by the way makes you one too...You are only out for personal gain, not the common good of the agency and its members as a whole. So..If yoou cannot come up with anything better than tupoc or Elvis, Shut Up!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 147
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 min Pops 30,455
No Charges For Farm Owner in Cow Beating Video (Jul '10) 32 min honesty2010 11
Elaine Eddy and Wade Lucas Aug 24 Watch dog 3
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
Ohio receives Purge threat in Cleveland and Col... Aug 17 Duke for Mayor 4
brent ehrhart Aug 10 Fred Flintstoned 2
Ohio legislator says America's public education... Aug 4 Dickhard Jelly Wo... 12
•••
•••
Plain City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Plain City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Plain City People Search