Mixed results on school, ballot issues

Mixed results on school, ballot issues

There are 5 comments on the WSNY-FM Columbus story from Nov 7, 2012, titled Mixed results on school, ballot issues. In it, WSNY-FM Columbus reports that:

COLUMBUS, Ohio Ballot issues suffered a mixed fate at the hands of Ohio voters on Election Day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSNY-FM Columbus.

Spookstillhere f trolls

United States

#1 Nov 7, 2012
Anyone stupid enough to vote to increase taxes or continue a tax is not worth a pint of urine to put them out if they are on fire.
EYE

Columbus, OH

#2 Nov 10, 2012
Here are some facts about education:

1. There has never been a scientifically valid study showing a correlation between class size and academic achievement.

2. There has never been a scientifically valid study showing a correlation between dollars spent and academic achievement.

3. Millions of home schooled students score 70% higher on standardized national tests than do publicly schooled students. And home schooled students are typically taught by non-professional educators.

Think we're getting ripped off? I do.
Spookstillhere f trolls

Toledo, OH

#3 Nov 10, 2012
EYE wrote:
1. There has never been a scientifically valid study showing a correlation between class size and academic achievement.
2. There has never been a scientifically valid study showing a correlation between dollars spent and academic achievement.
3. Millions of home schooled students score 70% higher on standardized national tests than do publicly schooled students. And home schooled students are typically taught by non-professional educators.
" if large number of kids the same age were meant to be bunch together women would have more than two nipples"
Like Mrs Liddy used to say
you are wrong

United States

#4 Feb 16, 2013
EYE wrote:

Every academic study with any validity points to the teacher being the #1 indicator of student learning. Based on your statements above, one would conclude money makes no difference. How do you attract the best teachers then???!
off the rails

Dayton, OH

#5 Feb 17, 2013
Nothing will improve while they are unionized. There function is to shake down the taxpayer and reduce class size and hours worked and shorten the days until retirement. No tenure for two bit molesters. How about a performance based pay system.....Oh wait. Go back to my first assertion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Plain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Delaware Stinkz........Baby! (Dec '13) 13 hr Hugh Jasol 6
Strand theater May 2 Movie 4
News Patrick Simon, 53 (Jun '13) May 1 White Rhino 4
News Deadline for Old Village decision looms (Mar '09) Apr 29 cheech 25
Question about Dublin Jerome's philosophy class... Apr 28 mitsuki 1
if your running Apr 26 ted john hillary... 1
Stop A Real Problem, Discrimination Against Mi... Apr 25 Make Seniors Coun... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Plain City Mortgages