Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.
Comments
5,661 - 5,680 of 6,066 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 5

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
You can present your so-called "evidence" on an anonymous public forum all you want, but it will do nothing for you. I don't personally care about your "evidence" myself, because I don't believe you. I don't work in law enforcement, I'm not a prosecutor, I can do nothing for you. Your wasting your time with me if you think I give a damn about your problems. I BELIEVE that charges against you were proper. I believe the victim's family over you. I believe the judge when the judge said that the decision to end the case was not a statement of guilt or innocence, but merely due to the prosecution dropping the ball administratively. Susana Martinez has not been charged with any crime, but YOU have. Susan Martinez is NOT a criminal of any kind, and she's governor of our state. So blow your smoke up someone else's ass, because I'm not buying it.
No my evidence is in the court records.

So you nor anyone else can say I made it or that it's not true or fabricated in some way. These people created the very evidence I speak of, it's all on record. Sure you can choose to ignore it, but that does not take from teh fact they committed several crimes.

"I BELIEVE that charges against you were proper."

Really, how? What evidence do you have?

Oh and also dip, you're quoting the paper when the fact is the judge said there was no evidence. Now that's in the trial transcript, but of course you won't read it. you don't want truth you want false statements printed in the Las Cruces Sun News, same paper that accused me of violating a restraining order when one never existed. Again that's been proven in court.

As for the prosecutors dropping the ball, that's just straight stupid. What did they do wrong? Oh wait that's right in court, under oath they admitted no crime was committed, so if that's dropping the ball then they messed up big time. So you want to give them a mulligan?

You believe the victim's family?

That has got to be the most absurd thing you've posted, well outside your support for Martinez.

So you believe I went to a volleyball game between Las Cruces High and Chaparral High? Contact NMAA and see if they can pull up a record of that game. By the way what ever you do don't come back and post some fake score, date or time because both schools schedules are available freely on the internet so your lie will easily be exposed.

But as you just admitted you'd rather believe liars than the truth, something I've already point out about you.

Lastly I don't smoke nor have I any interest in your ass...

Oh wait you've made an excellent point.

She hasn't been charged.

That can always change and what will you do when it does?
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
No my evidence is in the court records.
So you nor anyone else can say I made it or that it's not true or fabricated in some way. These people created the very evidence I speak of, it's all on record. Sure you can choose to ignore it, but that does not take from teh fact they committed several crimes.
"I BELIEVE that charges against you were proper."
Really, how? What evidence do you have?
Oh and also dip, you're quoting the paper when the fact is the judge said there was no evidence. Now that's in the trial transcript, but of course you won't read it. you don't want truth you want false statements printed in the Las Cruces Sun News, same paper that accused me of violating a restraining order when one never existed. Again that's been proven in court.
As for the prosecutors dropping the ball, that's just straight stupid. What did they do wrong? Oh wait that's right in court, under oath they admitted no crime was committed, so if that's dropping the ball then they messed up big time. So you want to give them a mulligan?
You believe the victim's family?
That has got to be the most absurd thing you've posted, well outside your support for Martinez.
So you believe I went to a volleyball game between Las Cruces High and Chaparral High? Contact NMAA and see if they can pull up a record of that game. By the way what ever you do don't come back and post some fake score, date or time because both schools schedules are available freely on the internet so your lie will easily be exposed.
But as you just admitted you'd rather believe liars than the truth, something I've already point out about you.
Lastly I don't smoke nor have I any interest in your ass...
Oh wait you've made an excellent point.
She hasn't been charged.
That can always change and what will you do when it does?
When you win your libel lawsuit against the Las Cruces newspaper, you'll be a wealthy man. But you'll have to file it first. Why havn't you?

When you win your lawsuit against the Dona Ana County District Attorney, you'll be vindicated and be a wealthy man. But oh yeah, you'll have to actually file that one first, too. Why havn't you?

When you win your lawsuit against Susana Martinez, you'll be a wealthy man, and be finally vindicated in the public eye. Oh, wait, you'll have to actually FILE that one first, too! Yet you havn't. Why are you wasting time here on an anonymous public forum trying to convince a couple of people who you don't even know of your plight, when there is so much at stake?

When Governor Susana Martinez is charged with some sort of crime as a result of your case, then perhaps I'll believe you. You should be fighting for your justice in places that really matter, but instead, your on here sparring with one or two people who you don't even know, and who have no bearing on your case whatsoever. Seems like your wasting your time to me. But it's your time to waste.

In the meantime, your victim schtick is wearing thin, but I'll keep prodding you because it entertaining.

AND I'll be voting to re-elect Susana Martinez governor of New Mexico.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Susanna is busy today increasing Transparency and Ethics in our Government. Until independent news sources cut their way into the fog and catch up with what she actually did today, amuse yourselves with her press releases.

http://www.governor.state.nm.us/Press_Release...

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
When you win your libel lawsuit against the Las Cruces newspaper, you'll be a wealthy man. But you'll have to file it first. Why havn't you?
When you win your lawsuit against the Dona Ana County District Attorney, you'll be vindicated and be a wealthy man. But oh yeah, you'll have to actually file that one first, too. Why havn't you?
When you win your lawsuit against Susana Martinez, you'll be a wealthy man, and be finally vindicated in the public eye. Oh, wait, you'll have to actually FILE that one first, too! Yet you havn't. Why are you wasting time here on an anonymous public forum trying to convince a couple of people who you don't even know of your plight, when there is so much at stake?
When Governor Susana Martinez is charged with some sort of crime as a result of your case, then perhaps I'll believe you. You should be fighting for your justice in places that really matter, but instead, your on here sparring with one or two people who you don't even know, and who have no bearing on your case whatsoever. Seems like your wasting your time to me. But it's your time to waste.
In the meantime, your victim schtick is wearing thin, but I'll keep prodding you because it entertaining.
AND I'll be voting to re-elect Susana Martinez governor of New Mexico.
Actually I can always charge her with the crimes, but what then? you won't accept it because I filed charges. So then once th judge accepts it what would you do then?

Perhaps call the Texas courts corrupt or demand that the Texas courts mind their own business. Exactly how far are you willing to go to support Martinez?

You still haven't proven that a game occurred between Las Cruces High and Chaparral High.

AS for being wealthy, shows you know very little.

I'd like to have the thousands that were paid to post my bond. Oh wait that's right I want the money back paid for a bond that Martinez told the court I didn't pay.

She's a liar, a fraud, and a cheat.

If they would refund my bond then I really wouldn't be posting or vehemently trying to get justice.

I paid thousands for a bond of a crime they admitted in court never happened!

Of course that's fair to you, you believe anything she does is legit.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Gorky wrote:
Susanna is busy today increasing Transparency and Ethics in our Government. Until independent news sources cut their way into the fog and catch up with what she actually did today, amuse yourselves with her press releases.
http://www.governor.state.nm.us/Press_Release...
Speaking of ethics, she campaigned about that very subject and yet when the legislature presented her with an Ethics Commission she vetoed it.

So for all the people on here who repeatedly say the democrat controlled government is what's wrong...hmmm...they wanted to fix a major problem in NM and she chose to deny it because she wants New Mexico government to continue to be corrupt, especially when she's in charge.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Speaking of ethics, she campaigned about that very subject and yet when the legislature presented her with an Ethics Commission she vetoed it.
So for all the people on here who repeatedly say the democrat controlled government is what's wrong...hmmm...they wanted to fix a major problem in NM and she chose to deny it because she wants New Mexico government to continue to be corrupt, especially when she's in charge.
She didn't veto any "Ethics Commission" bill, because the legislature has never presented her with an "Ethics Commission" bill.

She's vetoed a lot of Democrat plans for the Public Regulation Commission, the Democrats plan for a Public Education Commission, and a lot of other Democrat proposals for gerrymandering government to their liking, but she's never vetoed any "Ethics Commission".

Better go check your facts, because it appears you don't have any.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
She didn't veto any "Ethics Commission" bill, because the legislature has never presented her with an "Ethics Commission" bill.
She's vetoed a lot of Democrat plans for the Public Regulation Commission, the Democrats plan for a Public Education Commission, and a lot of other Democrat proposals for gerrymandering government to their liking, but she's never vetoed any "Ethics Commission".
http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/11%20Regular/...

It got vetoed.

You might want to stop broadcasting how stupid you are...

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing how little you know...

2011 Regular Session

HB 195 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Brian F. Egolf, Jr.
HB 408 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Mary Helen Garcia
SB 164 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Linda M. Lopez
Bill B. O'Neill
SB 172 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Mary Jane M. Garcia
SB 293 ENACT "STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT" Pete Campos
SB 420 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Eric G. Griego

Not one of them passed.

http://www.nmlegis.gov/lcs/legRpt/legactgov.a...

You were saying...wait I know what you were saying something about bullsh!t and you believe in Martinez.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Both the Senate and the House tried once again for an Ethics Commission...

2013 Regular Session
HB 190 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT

2012 Regular Session
SB 371 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT

Both died, but note she made no effort to push either through. She didn't fight for either. Because ethics is the last thing on her mind.

Susana's only interest is Susana Martinez.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It's amazing how little you know...
2011 Regular Session
HB 195 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Brian F. Egolf, Jr.
HB 408 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Mary Helen Garcia
SB 164 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Linda M. Lopez
Bill B. O'Neill
SB 172 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Mary Jane M. Garcia
SB 293 ENACT "STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT" Pete Campos
SB 420 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Eric G. Griego
Not one of them passed.
http://www.nmlegis.gov/lcs/legRpt/legactgov.a...
You were saying...wait I know what you were saying something about bullsh!t and you believe in Martinez.
You are right, not one of them passed...THE LEGISLATURE, which is controlled by Democrats. Instead, a compromise bill, comprised of what both houses of the legislature wanted, in conjunction with what Governor Susana Martinez said she would sign, WAS passed, and signed into law, by Governor Susana Martinez.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/...

http://www.democracyfornewmexico.com/democrac...

It's amazing how little you know about how government works.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

2013 Regular Session
2012 Regular Session
Both died, but note she made no effort to push either through. She didn't fight for either. Because ethics is the last thing on her mind.
They died in the Democrat controlled legislature because Democrats couldn't agree on what they, the Democrats wanted. Just because a bill has "Ethic Commission Act" in the title doesn't mean the bills are any good. Apparently they weren't good enough for the Democrat legislature. They never even made to the Governor's desk because of Democrats. End of Story.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

2013 Regular Session
2012 Regular Session
Oh, and just so you know, because apparently you don't, Susan Martinez did NOT campaign on the idea of creating an "Ethics Commission". She campaigned on the idea of returning ethics to government, and that starts with the people we elect, not with another government commission. We don't need an ethics commission, we need a government that works for the people, not for itself. This, Governor Martinez has begun to achieve. I'm voting to re-elect Governor Susan Martinez.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, not one of them passed...THE LEGISLATURE, which is controlled by Democrats. Instead, a compromise bill, comprised of what both houses of the legislature wanted, in conjunction with what Governor Susana Martinez said she would sign, WAS passed, and signed into law, by Governor Susana Martinez.
It's amazing how little you know about how government works.
Actually you're proving once again that you can't read.

The articles you linked to, did you even check the dates?

May 18, 2011

April 7, 2011

They're both about the same thing and neither of them are about an actual ethics commission.

Yes your state does need an ethics commission, which is proof positive there's something wrong with your state.

New Mexico is perhaps one of 3 states that doesn't have a commission. Just as it was one of few to grant licenses to illegals. I suppose that is okay with you as well.

I know how government works, but seems you don't know much about anything. Just spouting off your blind support for a criminal whoi obviously operates outside of any ethical standard. But wait since there's really no law that defines what's ethical she continues to get away with it.

Worse even if brought up or charged with ethics violations, who exactly does she answer to? No one.

The reason the ethics commissioned failed was Martinez wants near sole control of who gets appointed to it and she wants the final vote in all matters. The democrats aren't the ones...however I'll concede on one point...New Msxico has needed an ethics commission for a long time so yes Richardson failed as well. As well as every governor before him. So yes this one issue doesn't solely lie with Martinez, but she is the one ho boldly campaigned about ethics and yet when it came to step to the plate...she called in a pinch hitter, called for a mulligan, took a dive, tapped out, ran like Atomic Cafe from the truth...

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and just so you know, because apparently you don't, Susan Martinez did NOT campaign on the idea of creating an "Ethics Commission". She campaigned on the idea of returning ethics to government, and that starts with the people we elect, not with another government commission. We don't need an ethics commission, we need a government that works for the people, not for itself. This, Governor Martinez has begun to achieve. I'm voting to re-elect Governor Susan Martinez.
Works for itself? Really? Do you really believe that? Because Susana Martinez is all about Susana Martinez. She doesn't give a damn about you.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Actually you're proving once again that you can't read.
The articles you linked to, did you even check the dates?
May 18, 2011
April 7, 2011
They're both about the same thing and neither of them are about an actual ethics commission.
Yes your state does need an ethics commission, which is proof positive there's something wrong with your state.
New Mexico is perhaps one of 3 states that doesn't have a commission. Just as it was one of few to grant licenses to illegals. I suppose that is okay with you as well.
I know how government works, but seems you don't know much about anything. Just spouting off your blind support for a criminal whoi obviously operates outside of any ethical standard. But wait since there's really no law that defines what's ethical she continues to get away with it.
Worse even if brought up or charged with ethics violations, who exactly does she answer to? No one.
The reason the ethics commissioned failed was Martinez wants near sole control of who gets appointed to it and she wants the final vote in all matters. The democrats aren't the ones...however I'll concede on one point...New Msxico has needed an ethics commission for a long time so yes Richardson failed as well. As well as every governor before him. So yes this one issue doesn't solely lie with Martinez, but she is the one ho boldly campaigned about ethics and yet when it came to step to the plate...she called in a pinch hitter, called for a mulligan, took a dive, tapped out, ran like Atomic Cafe from the truth...
Wrong again. She signed the ethics bill that was presented to her. She honored her promise. She did exactly what she said she would do. And I'll be voting to re-elect her. You won't be voting for her or against her, of course, because you live in Texas, so all you can do is shoot your mouth off on an anonymous public forum. You've got a good governor there in Rick Perry, though! And a great Republican legislature. New Mexico can learn a lot from Texas.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. She signed the ethics bill that was presented to her. She honored her promise. She did exactly what she said she would do. And I'll be voting to re-elect her. You won't be voting for her or against her, of course, because you live in Texas, so all you can do is shoot your mouth off on an anonymous public forum. You've got a good governor there in Rick Perry, though! And a great Republican legislature. New Mexico can learn a lot from Texas.
Stop being stupid! The bill you are boasting about as the article states:

"A newly enacted ethics law signed by New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez on Thursday will ban state and local government employees from taking a job with a company if they had participated in contracting with the business."

Do you get that?

That has nothing to do with a public official engaging in fraud, abuse of office, misconduct or any other real ethical violation that an ethics commission would properly investigate and independently reach decisions on how to deal with such violations.

If you are really basing your support of Martinez on these types of smoke and mirror laws, then you are more of a dunce than you let on.

In New Mexico a private citizen has no real avenue to report violations perpetrated by public officials. I of all people should know.

So no she did not follow or keep a promise.

Matter of fact she also campaigned about transparency and to this day still hides her acts dealing with the Downs deal.

She's a fraud.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize you're angered that I call you stupid, I apologize.

If a person goes to a grand jury and makes claims about things that never happened, games between schools that are not on either school's schedule, that sir is perjury.

When a district attorney goes into court and makes claims when she had in her own possession the truth and yet chooses to lie anyway that's obstruction of justice.

The reason people in your state don't charge her with her crimes is because that would open the door to every case she prosecuted. Every case her office prosecuted then goes under the microscope and any and every defense lawyer will try to get convictions overturned.

The judges don't want that and let's be honest do you really want the chance that the convicted people responsible for Brianna's death to go free?

So the reality is my plight, just might be that, my plight and I may have to choose to suffer because I honestly wouldn't want those people to go free.

However the courts hold that:

"It's better that 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man be wrongly convicted."

I am not pleading with you for anything. I find it odd that you are judging me guilty when you yourself have no evidence of guilt. Whereas I've presented the evidence to prove how false the charge is and yet you say you believe them.

How can you believe them? Take note the mother and father are now divorced because the mother wasn't being honest in their relationship. So if she was false there then as in the court of law, Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus, false in one false in all.

She's a known perjurer and yet you say you believe her. Then again I should expect that from you, for you support Martinez.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I realize you're angered that I call you stupid, I apologize.
If a person goes to a grand jury and makes claims about things that never happened, games between schools that are not on either school's schedule, that sir is perjury.
When a district attorney goes into court and makes claims when she had in her own possession the truth and yet chooses to lie anyway that's obstruction of justice.
The reason people in your state don't charge her with her crimes is because that would open the door to every case she prosecuted. Every case her office prosecuted then goes under the microscope and any and every defense lawyer will try to get convictions overturned.
The judges don't want that and let's be honest do you really want the chance that the convicted people responsible for Brianna's death to go free?
So the reality is my plight, just might be that, my plight and I may have to choose to suffer because I honestly wouldn't want those people to go free.
However the courts hold that:
"It's better that 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man be wrongly convicted."
I am not pleading with you for anything. I find it odd that you are judging me guilty when you yourself have no evidence of guilt. Whereas I've presented the evidence to prove how false the charge is and yet you say you believe them.
How can you believe them? Take note the mother and father are now divorced because the mother wasn't being honest in their relationship. So if she was false there then as in the court of law, Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus, false in one false in all.
She's a known perjurer and yet you say you believe her. Then again I should expect that from you, for you support Martinez.
Angered? No. Bemused? Yes. You weren't able to influence the election in New Mexico last time, Martinez won big. You won't influence it this time, either. I simply don't believe your story, but I do believe Susana Martinez is a good governor for my state, which is NOT your state, since you live in Texas. You've got a good governor over there, though, too. So you go ahead and continue ranting away about how everyone else in the world is wrong and you are right. And I'll be voting to re-elect Susan Martinez as Governor of New Mexico.
Big Jay

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Speaking for the Martinez Administration........we truly don't give a crap about New Mexico or New Mexicans!

Now re-elect me....unless I get summoned by the National Rep. Party.

If they call me you can all go to hell.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Big Jay wrote:
Speaking for the Martinez Administration........we truly don't give a crap about New Mexico or New Mexicans!
Now re-elect me....unless I get summoned by the National Rep. Party.
If they call me you can all go to hell.
Your full of crap. But then your likely a Democrat, so that's understandable.

At this point in her career, a place on the ticket as VEEP for 2016 would be great. The first woman, and Hispanic, Vice President would be another historical milestone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-Israel boycott movement arrives at Univers... 28 min Zioni 89
Incoming 2 hr Slambo 1
FBI identifies human remains found on Navajo Na... 2 hr RezDine 1
Free Form Chat (May '09) 13 hr LuzAranda 35,376
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 13 hr Katia 105,981
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 13 hr Katia 55,047
Police: Robber caught after shower and shave 15 hr Screech 2

Search the Placitas Forum:
•••
•••