Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 6866 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6419 Aug 3, 2013
Both the Senate and the House tried once again for an Ethics Commission...

2013 Regular Session
HB 190 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT

2012 Regular Session
SB 371 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT

Both died, but note she made no effort to push either through. She didn't fight for either. Because ethics is the last thing on her mind.

Susana's only interest is Susana Martinez.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6420 Aug 3, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing how little you know...
2011 Regular Session
HB 195 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Brian F. Egolf, Jr.
HB 408 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Mary Helen Garcia
SB 164 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Linda M. Lopez
Bill B. O'Neill
SB 172 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Mary Jane M. Garcia
SB 293 ENACT "STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT" Pete Campos
SB 420 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT Eric G. Griego
Not one of them passed.
http://www.nmlegis.gov/lcs/legRpt/legactgov.a...
You were saying...wait I know what you were saying something about bullsh!t and you believe in Martinez.
You are right, not one of them passed...THE LEGISLATURE, which is controlled by Democrats. Instead, a compromise bill, comprised of what both houses of the legislature wanted, in conjunction with what Governor Susana Martinez said she would sign, WAS passed, and signed into law, by Governor Susana Martinez.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/...

http://www.democracyfornewmexico.com/democrac...

It's amazing how little you know about how government works.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6421 Aug 3, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
Both the Senate and the House tried once again for an Ethics Commission...
2013 Regular Session
HB 190 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT
2012 Regular Session
SB 371 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT
Both died, but note she made no effort to push either through. She didn't fight for either. Because ethics is the last thing on her mind.
Susana's only interest is Susana Martinez.
They died in the Democrat controlled legislature because Democrats couldn't agree on what they, the Democrats wanted. Just because a bill has "Ethic Commission Act" in the title doesn't mean the bills are any good. Apparently they weren't good enough for the Democrat legislature. They never even made to the Governor's desk because of Democrats. End of Story.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6422 Aug 3, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
Both the Senate and the House tried once again for an Ethics Commission...
2013 Regular Session
HB 190 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT
2012 Regular Session
SB 371 STATE ETHICS COMMISSION ACT
Both died, but note she made no effort to push either through. She didn't fight for either. Because ethics is the last thing on her mind.
Susana's only interest is Susana Martinez.
Oh, and just so you know, because apparently you don't, Susan Martinez did NOT campaign on the idea of creating an "Ethics Commission". She campaigned on the idea of returning ethics to government, and that starts with the people we elect, not with another government commission. We don't need an ethics commission, we need a government that works for the people, not for itself. This, Governor Martinez has begun to achieve. I'm voting to re-elect Governor Susan Martinez.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6423 Aug 3, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, not one of them passed...THE LEGISLATURE, which is controlled by Democrats. Instead, a compromise bill, comprised of what both houses of the legislature wanted, in conjunction with what Governor Susana Martinez said she would sign, WAS passed, and signed into law, by Governor Susana Martinez.
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/...
http://www.democracyfornewmexico.com/democrac...
It's amazing how little you know about how government works.
Actually you're proving once again that you can't read.

The articles you linked to, did you even check the dates?

http://www.democracyfornewmexico.com/democrac...
May 18, 2011

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/...
April 7, 2011

They're both about the same thing and neither of them are about an actual ethics commission.

Yes your state does need an ethics commission, which is proof positive there's something wrong with your state.

New Mexico is perhaps one of 3 states that doesn't have a commission. Just as it was one of few to grant licenses to illegals. I suppose that is okay with you as well.

I know how government works, but seems you don't know much about anything. Just spouting off your blind support for a criminal whoi obviously operates outside of any ethical standard. But wait since there's really no law that defines what's ethical she continues to get away with it.

Worse even if brought up or charged with ethics violations, who exactly does she answer to? No one.

The reason the ethics commissioned failed was Martinez wants near sole control of who gets appointed to it and she wants the final vote in all matters. The democrats aren't the ones...however I'll concede on one point...New Msxico has needed an ethics commission for a long time so yes Richardson failed as well. As well as every governor before him. So yes this one issue doesn't solely lie with Martinez, but she is the one ho boldly campaigned about ethics and yet when it came to step to the plate...she called in a pinch hitter, called for a mulligan, took a dive, tapped out, ran like Atomic Cafe from the truth...

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6424 Aug 3, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and just so you know, because apparently you don't, Susan Martinez did NOT campaign on the idea of creating an "Ethics Commission". She campaigned on the idea of returning ethics to government, and that starts with the people we elect, not with another government commission. We don't need an ethics commission, we need a government that works for the people, not for itself. This, Governor Martinez has begun to achieve. I'm voting to re-elect Governor Susan Martinez.
Works for itself? Really? Do you really believe that? Because Susana Martinez is all about Susana Martinez. She doesn't give a damn about you.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6425 Aug 3, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you're proving once again that you can't read.
The articles you linked to, did you even check the dates?
http://www.democracyfornewmexico.com/democrac...
May 18, 2011
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/...
April 7, 2011
They're both about the same thing and neither of them are about an actual ethics commission.
Yes your state does need an ethics commission, which is proof positive there's something wrong with your state.
New Mexico is perhaps one of 3 states that doesn't have a commission. Just as it was one of few to grant licenses to illegals. I suppose that is okay with you as well.
I know how government works, but seems you don't know much about anything. Just spouting off your blind support for a criminal whoi obviously operates outside of any ethical standard. But wait since there's really no law that defines what's ethical she continues to get away with it.
Worse even if brought up or charged with ethics violations, who exactly does she answer to? No one.
The reason the ethics commissioned failed was Martinez wants near sole control of who gets appointed to it and she wants the final vote in all matters. The democrats aren't the ones...however I'll concede on one point...New Msxico has needed an ethics commission for a long time so yes Richardson failed as well. As well as every governor before him. So yes this one issue doesn't solely lie with Martinez, but she is the one ho boldly campaigned about ethics and yet when it came to step to the plate...she called in a pinch hitter, called for a mulligan, took a dive, tapped out, ran like Atomic Cafe from the truth...
Wrong again. She signed the ethics bill that was presented to her. She honored her promise. She did exactly what she said she would do. And I'll be voting to re-elect her. You won't be voting for her or against her, of course, because you live in Texas, so all you can do is shoot your mouth off on an anonymous public forum. You've got a good governor there in Rick Perry, though! And a great Republican legislature. New Mexico can learn a lot from Texas.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6426 Aug 4, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. She signed the ethics bill that was presented to her. She honored her promise. She did exactly what she said she would do. And I'll be voting to re-elect her. You won't be voting for her or against her, of course, because you live in Texas, so all you can do is shoot your mouth off on an anonymous public forum. You've got a good governor there in Rick Perry, though! And a great Republican legislature. New Mexico can learn a lot from Texas.
Stop being stupid! The bill you are boasting about as the article states:

"A newly enacted ethics law signed by New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez on Thursday will ban state and local government employees from taking a job with a company if they had participated in contracting with the business."

Do you get that?

That has nothing to do with a public official engaging in fraud, abuse of office, misconduct or any other real ethical violation that an ethics commission would properly investigate and independently reach decisions on how to deal with such violations.

If you are really basing your support of Martinez on these types of smoke and mirror laws, then you are more of a dunce than you let on.

In New Mexico a private citizen has no real avenue to report violations perpetrated by public officials. I of all people should know.

So no she did not follow or keep a promise.

Matter of fact she also campaigned about transparency and to this day still hides her acts dealing with the Downs deal.

She's a fraud.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6427 Aug 4, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. She signed the ethics bill that was presented to her. She honored her promise. She did exactly what she said she would do. And I'll be voting to re-elect her. You won't be voting for her or against her, of course, because you live in Texas, so all you can do is shoot your mouth off on an anonymous public forum. You've got a good governor there in Rick Perry, though! And a great Republican legislature. New Mexico can learn a lot from Texas.
I realize you're angered that I call you stupid, I apologize.

If a person goes to a grand jury and makes claims about things that never happened, games between schools that are not on either school's schedule, that sir is perjury.

When a district attorney goes into court and makes claims when she had in her own possession the truth and yet chooses to lie anyway that's obstruction of justice.

The reason people in your state don't charge her with her crimes is because that would open the door to every case she prosecuted. Every case her office prosecuted then goes under the microscope and any and every defense lawyer will try to get convictions overturned.

The judges don't want that and let's be honest do you really want the chance that the convicted people responsible for Brianna's death to go free?

So the reality is my plight, just might be that, my plight and I may have to choose to suffer because I honestly wouldn't want those people to go free.

However the courts hold that:

"It's better that 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man be wrongly convicted."

I am not pleading with you for anything. I find it odd that you are judging me guilty when you yourself have no evidence of guilt. Whereas I've presented the evidence to prove how false the charge is and yet you say you believe them.

How can you believe them? Take note the mother and father are now divorced because the mother wasn't being honest in their relationship. So if she was false there then as in the court of law, Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus, false in one false in all.

She's a known perjurer and yet you say you believe her. Then again I should expect that from you, for you support Martinez.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6428 Aug 4, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize you're angered that I call you stupid, I apologize.
If a person goes to a grand jury and makes claims about things that never happened, games between schools that are not on either school's schedule, that sir is perjury.
When a district attorney goes into court and makes claims when she had in her own possession the truth and yet chooses to lie anyway that's obstruction of justice.
The reason people in your state don't charge her with her crimes is because that would open the door to every case she prosecuted. Every case her office prosecuted then goes under the microscope and any and every defense lawyer will try to get convictions overturned.
The judges don't want that and let's be honest do you really want the chance that the convicted people responsible for Brianna's death to go free?
So the reality is my plight, just might be that, my plight and I may have to choose to suffer because I honestly wouldn't want those people to go free.
However the courts hold that:
"It's better that 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man be wrongly convicted."
I am not pleading with you for anything. I find it odd that you are judging me guilty when you yourself have no evidence of guilt. Whereas I've presented the evidence to prove how false the charge is and yet you say you believe them.
How can you believe them? Take note the mother and father are now divorced because the mother wasn't being honest in their relationship. So if she was false there then as in the court of law, Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus, false in one false in all.
She's a known perjurer and yet you say you believe her. Then again I should expect that from you, for you support Martinez.
Angered? No. Bemused? Yes. You weren't able to influence the election in New Mexico last time, Martinez won big. You won't influence it this time, either. I simply don't believe your story, but I do believe Susana Martinez is a good governor for my state, which is NOT your state, since you live in Texas. You've got a good governor over there, though, too. So you go ahead and continue ranting away about how everyone else in the world is wrong and you are right. And I'll be voting to re-elect Susan Martinez as Governor of New Mexico.
Big Jay

Artesia, NM

#6429 Aug 5, 2013
Speaking for the Martinez Administration........we truly don't give a crap about New Mexico or New Mexicans!

Now re-elect me....unless I get summoned by the National Rep. Party.

If they call me you can all go to hell.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6430 Aug 5, 2013
Big Jay wrote:
Speaking for the Martinez Administration........we truly don't give a crap about New Mexico or New Mexicans!
Now re-elect me....unless I get summoned by the National Rep. Party.
If they call me you can all go to hell.
Your full of crap. But then your likely a Democrat, so that's understandable.

At this point in her career, a place on the ticket as VEEP for 2016 would be great. The first woman, and Hispanic, Vice President would be another historical milestone.
AnotherBigot

Albuquerque, NM

#6432 Aug 19, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
When you win your libel lawsuit against the Las Cruces newspaper, you'll be a wealthy man. But you'll have to file it first. Why havn't you?
When you win your lawsuit against the Dona Ana County District Attorney, you'll be vindicated and be a wealthy man. But oh yeah, you'll have to actually file that one first, too. Why havn't you?
When you win your lawsuit against Susana Martinez, you'll be a wealthy man, and be finally vindicated in the public eye. Oh, wait, you'll have to actually FILE that one first, too! Yet you havn't. Why are you wasting time here on an anonymous public forum trying to convince a couple of people who you don't even know of your plight, when there is so much at stake?
When Governor Susana Martinez is charged with some sort of crime as a result of your case, then perhaps I'll believe you. You should be fighting for your justice in places that really matter, but instead, your on here sparring with one or two people who you don't even know, and who have no bearing on your case whatsoever. Seems like your wasting your time to me. But it's your time to waste.
In the meantime, your victim schtick is wearing thin, but I'll keep prodding you because it entertaining.
AND I'll be voting to re-elect Susana Martinez governor of New Mexico.
As IPSAC has pointed out, that would be impossible, even if he had the money to do so. But, with all your diatribes and the other idiots before you, he won his case, hands down, against her, proving him right, and all of you and the governor to be liars.

He did that with a public defender, and here.

He humiliated you.
AnotherBigot

Albuquerque, NM

#6433 Aug 19, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I can always charge her with the crimes, but what then? you won't accept it because I filed charges. So then once th judge accepts it what would you do then?
Perhaps call the Texas courts corrupt or demand that the Texas courts mind their own business. Exactly how far are you willing to go to support Martinez?
You still haven't proven that a game occurred between Las Cruces High and Chaparral High.
AS for being wealthy, shows you know very little.
I'd like to have the thousands that were paid to post my bond. Oh wait that's right I want the money back paid for a bond that Martinez told the court I didn't pay.
She's a liar, a fraud, and a cheat.
If they would refund my bond then I really wouldn't be posting or vehemently trying to get justice.
I paid thousands for a bond of a crime they admitted in court never happened!
Of course that's fair to you, you believe anything she does is legit.
Where did you learn how to fight? You are awesome. Next, make a date with his mom, get her pregnant, and name the kid "idjit Nannos". It's a family name for him!

You never give up when you are right.
AnotherBigot

Albuquerque, NM

#6434 Aug 19, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of ethics, she campaigned about that very subject and yet when the legislature presented her with an Ethics Commission she vetoed it.
So for all the people on here who repeatedly say the democrat controlled government is what's wrong...hmmm...they wanted to fix a major problem in NM and she chose to deny it because she wants New Mexico government to continue to be corrupt, especially when she's in charge.
It's a hedge, since she has none ,and it misdirects the discussion away from her being a hook*r for money.

Well, guess Katie Garduno must be mad. She's doing a drive by. I'll still criticize Martinez anyway.
AnotherBigot

Albuquerque, NM

#6435 Aug 19, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, not one of them passed...THE LEGISLATURE, which is controlled by Democrats. Instead, a compromise bill, comprised of what both houses of the legislature wanted, in conjunction with what Governor Susana Martinez said she would sign, WAS passed, and signed into law, by Governor Susana Martinez.
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/...
http://www.democracyfornewmexico.com/democrac...
It's amazing how little you know about how government works.
she vetoed it stupid. It wasn't the legislature that made the veto, that is the executive branch. Didjer drink the water surrounding the Omega reactor core again?
AnotherBigot

Albuquerque, NM

#6436 Aug 19, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Angered? No. Bemused? Yes. You weren't able to influence the election in New Mexico last time, Martinez won big. You won't influence it this time, either. I simply don't believe your story, but I do believe Susana Martinez is a good governor for my state, which is NOT your state, since you live in Texas. You've got a good governor over there, though, too. So you go ahead and continue ranting away about how everyone else in the world is wrong and you are right. And I'll be voting to re-elect Susan Martinez as Governor of New Mexico.
She won't this time, she does not even have the support of her own party. And he did prove you wrong. You seem to be under the mistaken impression your opinion is the same as law, and if you are stubborn about it, that means you've won. That just means you humiliated yourself here. Too egotistical to admit he's wrong. Are you part of the 100% of Los Alamos the Family Strengths Network found to be alcoholic too?
AnotherBigot

Albuquerque, NM

#6437 Aug 19, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Your full of crap. But then your likely a Democrat, so that's understandable.
At this point in her career, a place on the ticket as VEEP for 2016 would be great. The first woman, and Hispanic, Vice President would be another historical milestone.
Wow, you swear, and cannot spell. You are full-blooded white trash.

Well, done here. Have to see if the Episcopalians had my current church roll over, and do me in. I did catch the pastor misinforming about a biblical verse, then the old jerk from the previous one showed up after I joked with a handicapped friend on FB about their harassing calls. Remember, being republican means Ayn Rand is your God, not Jesus, and you never have to admit you are sorry! Cuz you did not accept his lordship anyway!
Dwight Goodman

Farmington, NM

#6438 Aug 19, 2013
AnotherBigot wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you swear, and cannot spell. You are full-blooded white trash.
Well, done here. Have to see if the Episcopalians had my current church roll over, and do me in. I did catch the pastor misinforming about a biblical verse, then the old jerk from the previous one showed up after I joked with a handicapped friend on FB about their harassing calls. Remember, being republican means Ayn Rand is your God, not Jesus, and you never have to admit you are sorry! Cuz you did not accept his lordship anyway!
You off your meds or something?

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6439 Aug 21, 2013
AnotherBigot wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you learn how to fight? You are awesome. Next, make a date with his mom, get her pregnant, and name the kid "idjit Nannos". It's a family name for him!
You never give up when you are right.
You're one of the few that understands my frustration.

As I said I was arrested and had to pay $2,000 to post bail only to have the prosecution admit 4 years later that no crime occurred. So then I posted a large bond for a false arrest and not only should I get my money back, but the arrest should be expunged.

And yet neither happens because New Mexico has some ridiculous laws that Martinez abused to no end.

So again in a nutshell the state of New Mexico through Susana Martinez stole $2,000 from me. And all these insane Martinez supporters think she had every right to commit a crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 Muslim Boys Rape Little Girl in Twin Falls Idaho 7 min SPAM 27
A.R.T is not good for Albuquerque what do you t... 8 min SPAM 43
News Couple accused of stealing pricey cars from Alb... 9 min SPAM 9
News Albuquerque Muslims mourn with, look to local L... 10 min SPAM 5
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 11 min SPAM 112,565
News Albuquerque city councilor has new plan for par... 12 min SPAM 10
News Albuquerque church has generator stolen 13 min SPAM 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Placitas Mortgages