Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 6866 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

morehigherups

Glendale, AZ

#6356 Jul 22, 2013
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
no one has to bring NM to the bottom with Mississippi and Arkansas.
NM has always been at the bottom. Nothing at all has changed.
Heck, Billy the Kid came here because it was lawless.
Duhhhhhhhhh
Actually, Santa Fe has the second highest minimum wage in the country at $10.50 an hour.

I believe it was Martinez who recently vetoed the $8.50 an hour minimum wage that has kept NM at the bottom with 40% of their work force classified as the 'working poor'.

The children of NM moved to the bottom just this year, with the number of children going hungry up from 27% to 30% during the governor's first 3 years.

The only thing that hasn't changed is the unethical pay-to-play and above-the-law ways of the governor.
rose colored glasses

Alamogordo, NM

#6357 Jul 22, 2013
morehigherups wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Santa Fe has the second highest minimum wage in the country at $10.50 an hour.
I believe it was Martinez who recently vetoed the $8.50 an hour minimum wage that has kept NM at the bottom with 40% of their work force classified as the 'working poor'.
The children of NM moved to the bottom just this year, with the number of children going hungry up from 27% to 30% during the governor's first 3 years.
The only thing that hasn't changed is the unethical pay-to-play and above-the-law ways of the governor.
If it were only as simple as you want all to believe. I lived in Espanola when Santa Fe first proposed the $10 minimum wage, some 10-12 years ago. The rich wanted their help to wear nicer cloths. They also figured it would cut back on crime. Notice the minimum wage didn't cover the whole state. Why not?
Your ignorance has yet to impress me. You even know you have to accentuate your own dribble with colorful icons. How unimpressive.
My Oh My

Alamogordo, NM

#6358 Jul 22, 2013
rose colored glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were only as simple as you want all to believe. I lived in Espanola when Santa Fe first proposed the $10 minimum wage, some 10-12 years ago. The rich wanted their help to wear nicer cloths. They also figured it would cut back on crime. Notice the minimum wage didn't cover the whole state. Why not?
Your ignorance has yet to impress me. You even know you have to accentuate your own dribble with colorful icons. How unimpressive.
This is what I have learned over time. Even the bottom of the barrel in the United States, is comparatively better than what so many run here from.$8.50 an hour is heaven compared to selling your body to exist.
That most coming from Mexico believe in a dog eat dog religion. An Aztec mentality. How do you civilize a people who think like that. I have yet to enter a church in NM that consistently preaches the free and glorious gospel of love. Subsequently a prosperity gospel is preached or a pray to Mary thing.
No righteous changes will be seen in NM until, seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. Then you will see the changes you so desire. A dog will always return to it's own vomit.
speaking

Huntsville, AL

#6359 Jul 22, 2013
My Oh My wrote:
<quoted text>
. A dog will always return to it's own vomit.
of vomit
Rose Colored My Oh My

Alamogordo, NM

#6360 Jul 22, 2013
speaking wrote:
<quoted text>
of vomit
Please accept my humble apology for speaking without adequate knowledge.

I live a diverse life and keep an open mind but am reminded that not many wise were called to Gods salvation in Christ Jesus. Many years ago I was offered an opportunity to play with the political big dogs and knew then that I would be eaten alive, so I declined.

As God said to Job,'who is this that darkens My hall of council'.

Please forgive me for speaking out of place.

I am only a citizen in hopes of a righteous leader.
No humility

Huntsville, AL

#6361 Jul 23, 2013
Rose Colored My Oh My wrote:
<quoted text>
Please accept my humble .
expressed - just ethnic hatred and self-righteous religious bigotry.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6363 Jul 23, 2013
JeffersonQuote wrote:
<quoted text>
Given he was anti-Christian, and just one guy, and voted to keep church and state separate, I think you need to rethink and revisit your beliefs.
He was part of the land company my ancestors, his father, and George Washington were part of, and my family never supported the ideas you espouse here.
Did you notice the gov's 4 of 6 animals died of cancer? That is fast, did she poison them?
If Jefferson was "anti-Christian", then why did he say this?:

"I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus." - Thomas Jefferson

And as for George Washington? Well, we'll let him speak for himself as well:

"The Commander in Chief directs that Divine Service be performed every Sunday at 11 oClock in the Brigades to which there are Chaplains. Those which have none to attend the Places of worship nearest to them. It is expected that officers of all Ranks will by their attendance set an Example to their men.

While we are zealously performing the duties of good Citizens and Soldiers we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the Higher Duties of Religion.

To the distinguished Character of Patriot, it Should be our Highest Glory to add the more distinguished Character of Christian.

The *'Signal Instances' of 'Providential Goodness' which we have experienced and which have now almost crowned our labours with complete Success, demand from us in a peculiar manner the warmest returns of Gratitude & Piety to the 'Supreme Author of All Good'." - George Washington
Easy

Huntsville, AL

#6364 Jul 23, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>

"I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus." - Thomas Jefferson
to contrast his respect for the teachings and philosophy of Christ from those of "Christians."

Still an applicable principle.
Baby puncher

United States

#6365 Jul 23, 2013
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
to contrast his respect for the teachings and philosophy of Christ from those of "Christians."
Oh, Snap!
It is

Huntsville, AL

#6366 Jul 23, 2013
Baby puncher wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Snap!
more than a snap. It was what Jefferson was saying, but Atomic Dog is a simply a clueless reposter of bumper sticker level truisms.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6367 Jul 23, 2013
Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast...he said HE was a Christian. Certainly he was not so arrogant as to believe he was the only one?

I love how you liberals have to read something that isn't there into every founder's quote in order to make it fit your belief system. What you call liberalism only survives today because of lies and deceit.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6368 Jul 23, 2013
It is wrote:
<quoted text>
more than a snap. It was what Jefferson was saying, but Atomic Dog is a simply a clueless reposter of bumper sticker level truisms.
Speaking of bumper stickers! Here's one I absolutely LOVE: "If babies had guns, they wouldn't be aborted."

Truer word's never spoken.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6369 Jul 23, 2013
There are plenty of Jefferson's writings which affirm his belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ:

"To the corruptions of Christianity I am indeed, opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian, in the only sense in which he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence; and believing he never claimed any other." - Thomas Jefferson
Proving

Huntsville, AL

#6370 Jul 23, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>

."
Truer word's never spoken.
your idiocy again.
There

Huntsville, AL

#6371 Jul 23, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
There are plenty of Jefferson's writings which affirm his belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ:
"To the corruptions of Christianity I am indeed, opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself.
is no contradiction there with what I said, bonehead.
GuvSux

Santa Fe, NM

#6372 Jul 23, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Jefferson rejected the deity of Jesus Christ, and his vicarious atonement, so he was not a Christian. He was a deist, which is something quite different. Adolph Hitler also said he was living out God's plan, I doubt either was. I do admire Jefferson's political statements and theory, but he was not a Christian. Being a Christian means living in submission to God's will, not your own mind's, or nature's God, either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson...

"Most deists denied the Christian concepts of miracles and the Trinity. Though he had a lifelong esteem for Jesus' moral teachings, Jefferson did not believe in miracles, nor in the divinity of Jesus."

During the 1800 presidential campaign, the New England Palladium wrote, "Should the infidel Jefferson be elected to the Presidency, the seal of death is that moment set on our holy religion, our churches will be prostrated, and some infamous 'prostitute', under the title of goddess of reason, will preside in the sanctuaries now devoted to the worship of the most High."

and...

This was followed by a compilation titled, The LIFE AND MORALS OF JESUS OF NAZARETH: Extracted Textually from the Gospels Greek, Latin, French, and English, from which he omitted the virgin birth of Jesus, miracles attributed to Jesus, divinity, and the resurrection of Jesus – among many other teachings and events. He retained primarily Jesus' moral philosophy, of which he approved, and also included the Second Coming, a future judgment, Heaven, Hell, and a few other supernatural events."

From the Bible itself...

Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth,“Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Belief In the resurrection is necessary to go to Heaven.
GuvSux

Santa Fe, NM

#6373 Jul 23, 2013
Frankly wrote:
saw all tha exercise equipment Martinez bought for the mansion on ch13 last night, whose really using it if anyone? doesn't appear her and chuck are!
Remember how she complained about Richardson' 3 chins, and she had to walk with her head held with her face seeing the ceiling and still had them shown? She complained about his excesses, then claimed her hubby cooked, but they still have cooking staff full time, just as before, and she is still doing even WORSE than Richardson did, with lower employment, reducing tourism dollars by 1/4th, and reduced the welfare of children to the lowest In the US, despite her running on a platform to improve it? She has accomplished nothing but lies, and more prisons.

She had Skandera, the illegal dept of ed head, to lie and remove from the accounting process everyone who failed the students assessment, and only then it went up, obscuring the fact it was a paean to her skandera ed. buddies to charge for expensive one-weekend classes to cover for it, and then she had the ed. people adopt a metric whereby 50% of the grade was based on whatever you pulled out of your rear, then increased that worthless number higher for no reason, and claimed victory?

She's a whore, but NM are the ones getting f*cked, right dpb? We just never get to come.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6374 Jul 24, 2013
GuvSux wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember how she complained about Richardson' 3 chins, and she had to walk with her head held with her face seeing the ceiling and still had them shown? She complained about his excesses, then claimed her hubby cooked, but they still have cooking staff full time, just as before, and she is still doing even WORSE than Richardson did, with lower employment, reducing tourism dollars by 1/4th, and reduced the welfare of children to the lowest In the US, despite her running on a platform to improve it? She has accomplished nothing but lies, and more prisons.
She had Skandera, the illegal dept of ed head, to lie and remove from the accounting process everyone who failed the students assessment, and only then it went up, obscuring the fact it was a paean to her skandera ed. buddies to charge for expensive one-weekend classes to cover for it, and then she had the ed. people adopt a metric whereby 50% of the grade was based on whatever you pulled out of your rear, then increased that worthless number higher for no reason, and claimed victory?
She's a whore, but NM are the ones getting f*cked, right dpb? We just never get to come.
All your bitching, yet she remains popular with most New Mexicans, and will be easily re-elected. It takes time for a governor to undo the damage liberal statists Richardson and Denish did, and with a hostile obstructionist Democrat legislature to boot. New Mexico not only needs to re-elect Martinez, but kick a good portion of the corrupt Democrat legislature out on it's ass.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6375 Jul 24, 2013
GuvSux wrote:
<quoted text>
Jefferson rejected the deity of Jesus Christ, and his vicarious atonement, so he was not a Christian. He was a deist, which is something quite different. Adolph Hitler also said he was living out God's plan, I doubt either was. I do admire Jefferson's political statements and theory, but he was not a Christian. Being a Christian means living in submission to God's will, not your own mind's, or nature's God, either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson...
"Most deists denied the Christian concepts of miracles and the Trinity. Though he had a lifelong esteem for Jesus' moral teachings, Jefferson did not believe in miracles, nor in the divinity of Jesus."
During the 1800 presidential campaign, the New England Palladium wrote, "Should the infidel Jefferson be elected to the Presidency, the seal of death is that moment set on our holy religion, our churches will be prostrated, and some infamous 'prostitute', under the title of goddess of reason, will preside in the sanctuaries now devoted to the worship of the most High."
and...
This was followed by a compilation titled, The LIFE AND MORALS OF JESUS OF NAZARETH: Extracted Textually from the Gospels Greek, Latin, French, and English, from which he omitted the virgin birth of Jesus, miracles attributed to Jesus, divinity, and the resurrection of Jesus – among many other teachings and events. He retained primarily Jesus' moral philosophy, of which he approved, and also included the Second Coming, a future judgment, Heaven, Hell, and a few other supernatural events."
From the Bible itself...
Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth,“Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Belief In the resurrection is necessary to go to Heaven.
One of the many ways liberals justify their destructive agenda is by re-writing history to suit their purposes.
Misunderestimate Me

United States

#6376 Jul 24, 2013
GuvSux wrote:
<quoted text>
Hm, now where I have I heard something similar to this before? Ah yes, the clamoring of conservative/teabaggers during the 2008 and 2012 elections, only they said Obama not Jefferson. LOL

Not sure who the "prostitute" could be, tho. Biden, perhaps. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State Democratic Party convention held in Albuq... 1 hr Darrel 6
News NM museums to cease free admission on Sundays 1 hr Ray S 4
Will the Cankle Queen be Our New Imperator? 1 hr Gary J 11
News How can I get involved in the Hillary Clinton c... 1 hr Gary J 14
News King Brothers' Alamo Ranch in New Mexico sells 1 hr Sharlene 1
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 3 hr Katia 61,809
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 3 hr new parrot 112,572
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Placitas Mortgages