Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 20 comments on the Jun 8, 2010, Las Cruces Sun-News story titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Atomic Cafe

Rio Rancho, NM

#6272 Jun 25, 2013
JayMcCleskeyRaped wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you shouldn't vote for her, since they are pulling her strings, and most of her election money came fro mthere. Your repeatedly stating the opposite will not change people's ideas. She came into office after a rather mad outpouring of hatred was made up and propagated in the news media, mainly KRQE. All of that has been proven fallacious. HEr popularity rating is almost as low as Richardson' was AFTER that ourpouring, and his rating is now higher than hers in this state.
I remember when King ran against Carruthers, and both had over 50% approval rating. The downward direction of hers is awesome ,and speaks to her inability to do the work. Lookit the front page of the ABQ Urinal-so she has guided tours about NM movie stuff. Richardson first introduced that, then she whiend about it, and cut it along with other funding, and our state income from that economic segment dropped 25% her first year. Now she introduces his idea again, which worked, as a new thing, the one she ran her campaign against the first time?
Everything is worse now she has moved into office. KRQE is no longer as powerful, KOB picked up a large segment of that. Dianderson doesn't appear as often, and her fan base has left. I'm pretty certian it's time for the republican party to look for someone who won't hire wife beaters and child molestors for campaign and staff picks, and have a "shadow government" too.
Being an idiot is against nature but that does not seem to stop you. Flying is not natural. Clothes are not natural. Uranium is natural. Would you want to eat some?
Yes, at the Atomic Cafe, it' s on special today, too!
Like I'd believe you. Texas is a successful state. I guess I can only HOPE they are pulling Martinez's strings, because we need some of that success over here. But to get it, we need to finish the job and kick the Democrats in the legislature out on their ass. They are the ones who taxed and spent when oil, gas, and uranium paid the bills, and then they were stupid enough to think the money would keep rolling in after they kicked industry out of the state. What fools! Now Obama is going after oil and coal, so there will go the rest of New Mexico's money. But don't worry, I'm sure Obama will promise us a big fat IOU. He'll be gone in 4 years and won't have to pay up anyway.
Atomic Cafe

Rio Rancho, NM

#6274 Jun 25, 2013
AtomicScrewup wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of her supporters were Texans, as indicated by the forms she filed with the state and Federal government. You missed my point, because you are pretty dumb, and knwo when you've been licked, too.
Good! Texas is an example of success. We obviously need more Texas influence. It looks like you missed MY point.
Truther

Los Alamos, NM

#6275 Jun 25, 2013
Here are some serious comments on Martinez's screw-ups by Hal Rhodes, my former instructor at UNM, including an admission of guilt that her tax credit plan failed.

http://www.ruidosonews.com/ruidoso-opinion/ci...

"If Susana Martinez came to office with any clearly articulated notions about revving up the state's bedraggled economy it was that jobs would materialize if only New Mexico's corporate taxes were cut.
This year the Legislature did just that, although many lawmakers thought those cuts were more likely to produce a multimillion dollar hole in the state's already stretched budget than any significant number of jobs.

Last week Martinez's Finance Secretary Tom Clifford basically acknowledged that the doubters had a point by publicly apologizing for misleading the Legislature in selling the corporate tax cuts as a job creation bonanza.

Also last week, New Mexico State University's new president, former Republican Gov. Garrey Carruthers took a shot at the idea that tax incentives are a surefire way to attract new businesses to a state. Himself an economist, Carruthers noted that tax lures can backfire and even drive some enterprises away."

So let's reiterate here. Her main push during electio nwas that we charged too much money for taxes in NM. That was driving away biz. That was because she was paid, along with KRQE and other NM stations and newspapers, to say that by Texan biz. That has been proven wrong, and her Finance Secretary acknowledged that, along with former Republican Governor, and now NMSU campus head Carruthers.

In other words, major fail. No biz is coming to a state with the worst schools, and tons of crime due to hunger a desperation. When kids get picked up by CPS i nthsi state, it's mainly due to "abuse" due to lack of food, which she cut with the food stamp program, and then lowered taxes which further scared biz away from our state. She's a prosecutor, not a politcian, nor a businesswoman. She defunded food, then had more people to catch in her CPS net.

Our suffering state economy is proof of that, too. She has made that worse, and despite her own party stating that to her, and her own employees, she trudges on, in a nearly fugue state mentally, since her money is coming from Texas, not NM, and those white dudes in TX want morep risons, not more prosperity, and more blame for poor people. Her plans are working to make NM poorer, and fund and expand jails, and defund and reduce our economy.

If you succeed at failure, can you really say you are a success?

Tax credits do not work. Her own finance guy, and former Governor and NMSU campus head said so. So does a simple review of her performance so far. No tricks here, she's an all around failure.
Truther

Los Alamos, NM

#6276 Jun 25, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
You come on pretty strong supporting a pervert. You must be one too. You obviously know nothing about the case, because no, the prosecutor's office never said he committed no crime, the judge decided the prosecutor's office didn't present the evidence correctly. The judge was clear that he was not judging the merits of the case, he was just making a procedural decision. So laugh away. I'll be laughing on election day, and that's what really matters.
Committed no crime? You prove you are stupid in each post. The judge did not decide that, the prosecutor's office stated there was no crime, as if there was, there would be evidence of it, and there was none.

Which double negative are you going to choose for your reply, hoss?

I'm not a pervert either. I didn't impregnate a 17 year old, like her employeee McCleskey did, thereby committing a felony, either.
Truther

Los Alamos, NM

#6277 Jun 25, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Good! Texas is an example of success. We obviously need more Texas influence. It looks like you missed MY point.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/08/16/1007...

"Problem three: The Texas economy was boosted by an earlier investment in education paid for by a tax increase of the kind Perry inveighs against now.

And problem four is the kind of jobs being created in Texas:
Since December 2007, the average weekly wage in Texas has stayed steady at $790, while the national average has risen from $750 to $790 and the average in New York (where, remember, the unemployment rate is similar) has risen from $870 to $900. Living expenses may be different in the two states, so the crucial point is of wage stagnation vs. a modest increase.
Texas has more people earning the federal minimum wage or less than any other state and is tied with Mississippi for the highest percentage of minimum-wage workers. New York follows Texas and Mississippi by three percentage points.
Texas is also the deadliest state to work in and the one with the lowest workers' comp coverage.

So a Rick Perry economy is one in which the unemployment rate is the same as in New York, but with the rate of pay falling steadily behind and many more people stuck at (or below) minimum wage and dying on the job.
"

Texas is living off of programs started by dems-al lthe ones started by Republicans have caused the same problems here, as they do there. Stagnation or economic death. Hardly a cause for celebration. Did it ever occur to you that you are hemorrhoid on the anus of society?
Atomic Cafe

Rio Rancho, NM

#6278 Jun 25, 2013
Truther wrote:
<quoted text>
Committed no crime? You prove you are stupid in each post. The judge did not decide that, the prosecutor's office stated there was no crime, as if there was, there would be evidence of it, and there was none.
Which double negative are you going to choose for your reply, hoss?
I'm not a pervert either. I didn't impregnate a 17 year old, like her employeee McCleskey did, thereby committing a felony, either.
I don't care about "McCleskey". Didn't vote for him. So you won't shop at WalMart if they have an employee who commits internal theft? You won't buy gas from a station where the clerk gets busted for smoking dope on his personal time? You won't go to the mall because an employee of a store in the mall got a speeding ticket and thus committed a crime? Your gonna run outta places to do business, my man. If "McCleskey" committed a crime, you'd better leave the state!

And no, you are lying again. The JUDGE decided the prosecution didn't have a case, not the prosecution. The prosecution was pretty dissapointed that the judge let a pervert go free. Come to think of it, so am I. Good thing he lives in Texas!

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6280 Jun 25, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know how many Texans voted in New Mexico's election to get her elected governor. Susana Martinez is from Texas, and I'm from Illinois. So? You still live in Texas, right? Do you vote in New Mexico elections? I couldn't care less if Martinez's big donors were from Mars. Richardson's were from Hollywood. Know anything about politics? That's how it works. Got no time to think and regroup, I'm too busy. Gotta keep moving! I'll be voting Martinez next year, and there isn't a thing you can say to convince me otherwise. I believe Martinez, I DON'T believe you. Got it?
Wow.

Seriously I just find it humanly impossible to be that stupid, and yet here you are...

This statement here profoundly proclaims how stupid you are:
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Martinez, I DON'T believe you.
You believe Martinez. YOU SHOULD BELIEVE FACTS!

Fact #1
"adult teacher who was writing love letters"
Where did you get the plural from? So are you creating your own facts to support some assumption you have because the real fact is there was one letter that they claimed was a love letter. The alleged victim did not say that, the prosecution made that claim.

Fact #2
"sending hundreds of texts to a 14 year old girl"
Again where did you get that? At trial there were approximately 6 text messages presented and neither of them contained the content the mother and prosecution had been testifying to up and down for about 4 years. Plus my phone records and her phone records were evidence and neither contained "hundreds" because that never happened. I see why you support Martinez now you fabricate your own facts.

Fact #3
"prosecutor's office never said he committed no crime"
I can only presume you believe this because you base your entire argument from the information you got from the Sun-News. I'll repeat the truth you seem to quaintly be forgetting. At the trial the prosecution admitted that no crime occurred. Under oath and before the judge and jury the prosecution stated the law was not broken. IT'S IN THE TRANSCRIPT. If I didn't have the evidence I wouldn't be wasting my time posting it unlike you and Martinez I don't lie to support my position. Because if they had recorded the trial as all the hearings I have I WOULD HAVE QUICKLY POSTED ON THE INTERNET THEM SAYING NO CRIME OCCURRED!

Fact #4
"judge decided the prosecutor's office didn't present the evidence correctly"
Where the hell did you get that? Present the evidence correctly? So you're saying they had evidence? Really? Were you there? Did you witness the trial first hand because the fact is THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THE CRIME CHARGED.

I'm going to repeat this again because it's amazing how you are ignoring real facts.

The mother claimed that I attended a volleyball game between Las Cruces High and Chaparral. Those 2 schools have never played each other. So how the hell can I stalk her daughter when her daughter was never there. How can I be somewhere that never happened. YOU ARE FREAKING STUPID if that's how you choose to believe Martinez.

Much like her mom saying I was stalking her on the 23rd floor of the world trade center on February 28, 2007 when everyone knows that can't be true, but she gets away with her lie because nobody checked to see if the games actually happened and you're stupid enough just to accept it without basing it on real facts.

So if she can lie and swindle as a prosecutor what more treachery can she unleash as governor. If she can choose to lie under oath, before a judge in a court of law then how frakking easy it is to lie to the general people as a public official.

You're more stupid than stupid!
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6282 Jun 26, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
working people are always screwed with policies idiots like Martinez advocate! any way I'm sure the workforce is moving ahead without your previous century work skills!
People who can't handle liberty, and who need to be subsidized and controlled by government, might be hurt in the short term. But long term, freedom is ALWAYS the best policy, no matter what century it is. And yes, thank you, the workforce IS moving ahead. I trained my replacement, and he's STILL on the job!
Wondering

Euless, TX

#6284 Jun 26, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
People who can't handle liberty, and who need to be subsidized and controlled by government, might be hurt in the short term. But long term, freedom is ALWAYS the best policy, no matter what century it is. And yes, thank you, the workforce IS moving ahead. I trained my replacement, and he's STILL on the job!
Yes, I know! I was recently in one of the PUBLIC RESTROOMS that your replacement cleaned. He did an excellent job. You should be proud!
Atomic Cafe

Rio Rancho, NM

#6285 Jun 27, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I know! I was recently in one of the PUBLIC RESTROOMS that your replacement cleaned. He did an excellent job. You should be proud!
He told me about you! He was flattered by the offer, but doesn't swing your way. You know, you really need to try to be more discreet, the "wide stance" argument was blown to smithereens years ago!
Atomic Cafe

Rio Rancho, NM

#6287 Jun 27, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought thats what you trained your replacement in, did you show him the hand wave under the stall as well? you are detail oriented!
He told me how he had to replace the butt gasket dispenser after someone pulled it off the wall, and he found YOUR wallet on the floor in he stall after "wondering" walked out. How'd that happen? It must have fallen out of your pocket while you had your trousers down around your ankles. You know who to call to claim it.
ApparentlyMartin ez

Los Alamos, NM

#6289 Jun 28, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't vote for martinez, since she can't train her replacement, since she cannot do it already.

I'm glad about your being fired. Your angry outbursts really hurt my ability to concentrate and get the poop out. I think it affected you the same way, since you are still full of it.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6290 Jun 28, 2013
ApparentlyMartinez wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't vote for martinez, since she can't train her replacement, since she cannot do it already.
I'm glad about your being fired. Your angry outbursts really hurt my ability to concentrate and get the poop out. I think it affected you the same way, since you are still full of it.
Sorry to hear your having irritable bowel syndrome attacks, maybe a good anal cleansing w/ Clorox would held you make a little doo doo. That's what happens when you eat the floor scrapings from your job at the local Sonic garnished w/ toe fungus. Before long you'll be coughing up lung butter and hawking lougeys that look like freshly shucked oysters. Its a Los Alamos thing huh<G>.

Susana is good,
Susana is great.
Break out the chocolate cake!
Susana Martinez, good for you NM!!!
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#6292 Jun 28, 2013
ApparentlyMartinez wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't sweat it, mah man! I didn't get fired, I retired! I'm getting full benefits, and the best part is, YOU'RE paying for it! Wahahaahahahahah! Besides, why should I care if I got fired or retired? Money still magically appears in my bank account every month, without fail.
Atomic Cafe

Rio Rancho, NM

#6294 Jun 28, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought prostitutes got paid in drugs?!
Nope, HARD currency baby!
Cornholed

Los Alamos, NM

#6295 Jun 30, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear your having irritable bowel syndrome attacks, maybe a good anal cleansing w/ Clorox would held you make a little doo doo. That's what happens when you eat the floor scrapings from your job at the local Sonic garnished w/ toe fungus. Before long you'll be coughing up lung butter and hawking lougeys that look like freshly shucked oysters. Its a Los Alamos thing huh<G>.
Susana is good,
Susana is great.
Be careful you don't forget to register, liek last year, and make sure you put down the emai laddy you use for your topix account ,so they don't get you on not filling out your addy block on the child molestor register form!
Cornholed

Los Alamos, NM

#6296 Jun 30, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, so you agree with the libertarian thinking the labs, public schools, and military bases should be shut down, and we all should just be better armed instead?
Cornholed

Los Alamos, NM

#6297 Jun 30, 2013
Regarding the supposed SBA increase...

"Under the bill “a student who has completed the course requirements for high school graduation in the 2011-2012 school year may graduate without demonstrating competence in required subject areas on the standards-based assessment or assessments or a portfolio of standards-based indicators”. Thus, no SBA exams were administered to twelfth-graders for the 2011-2012 school year.

Under NMSA 1978 Section 22-13-1.1, which details graduation requirement for New Mexico seniors, item (M) states that students are required to demonstrate competency in standards-based assessment or assessments in order to receive a New Mexico high school diploma.

Whether eliminating these pre-graduation standards-based assessment tests would alter the graduation rate is something that would require access to and evaluation of extensive education records. However, it is logical that not every student who scores D’s in classwork would necessarily demonstrate competency in standards-based assessment exams. "

So, they take you out of the SBA tally if you fail, but still allow you to graduate, thereby emasculating the accountability law. It went up, because they are no longer counting the failures.

Record FAIL, in both senses!
RecordFailAgain

Los Alamos, NM

#6298 Jul 3, 2013
http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_n...

Journal: Martinez is one of worst jobs governors

Her party, her lack of results, and everythign she has doen so far, have disproved her contention tax breaks buy jobs. They just make white Texans rich.

I posted here, and her staff in the article contradicted themselves, she has totally failed. She blames the economy. We had higher hiring under Richardson, and he was i nthe first and worst part of the recession. It's not the economy, it's the governor. She stinks.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6299 Jul 3, 2013
Cornholed wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful you don't forget to register, liek last year, and make sure you put down the emai laddy you use for your topix account ,so they don't get you on not filling out your addy block on the child molestor register form!
Susana is good,
Susana is great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 11 min fmer505-1951 108,014
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 11 min Katia 57,335
bandido support clubs (Nov '11) 1 hr MSB 102
On and On It Goes with Violence on a Furious Pa... 11 hr Culture Auditor 1
Poll How Corrupt Is Bernalillo County Government? (Oct '10) Sun Raymond 19
News Community sounds off on CYFD (Oct '09) Sun lia 135
Local Politics Do you approve of Ben Ray Lujan as Representative? Sun Fred Sparks 2
More from around the web

Placitas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]