New Mexico Official Athletic Site

New Mexico Official Athletic Site

Posted in the Placitas Forum

Unbelievable

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Apr 3, 2013
It's difficult to imagine the sort of mindless obsession with sports that results in three different major network subsidiary stations, KOB/NBC, KOAT/ABC and KRQE/CBS leading the news every time with College Sports 'news'(Lobos) and devoting between 5-9 minutes of programming to it to the detriment of serious world and local stories. Is it any wonder we have so many vacuous, ignorant individuals running around the state and that our state ranks last in just about every desirable category and near the top in every undesirable one? My God, people. This is mind-numbing CRAP. Don't we get enough of that with most of the prime-time programming? Save it for the news segment, so those of us interested in meaningful stuff going on in the city, state and world can watch THAT first and go to bed. How many more Penn State type stories will it take to make you realize when you worship these ball-bouncing, throwing, kicking, catching, head-butting idiots, you'll turn a blind eye to the abuses they and their coaches commit? Didn't even that case of the overfed, overgrown, bleached blond thug committing strong-armed robbery in his school's lunchroom and later being allowed to wrestle by the Courts ring any alarm bells as to how FOLKED UP your priorities are?

“More Brains Than .....”

Since: Sep 11

..a Zombie Thanksgiving

#2 Apr 4, 2013
Usually, they just do 3 segments of the weather.

I wish I was joking.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Apr 4, 2013
I find myself flip flopping between the three channels so as to avoid all the Alford crap as of late. I simply do not find that such to be newsworthy for the opening story either.

Either its been really slow in the news lately (by their view!) or they truly think this is priority news of interest to the sheeple. Either way, IMO its pathetic. Local sports in general does not belong as the lead story, and on... and on...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 2 hr Katia 65,056
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 2 hr Mister Chix 116,034
How Many Dacas? 800,000 is now 1.7 million 9 hr LuzAranda 3
everybuddy.gq 16 hr yuk - yuk - yuk 3
the fbi and another flub up 23 hr coyote505 3
News Additional lawsuits eyed in priest sex abuse case 23 hr coyote505 3
Archbishop accuses gringos/conservatives of racism Wed coyote505 1

Placitas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance