Former Sen. Pete Domenici acknowledges having son outside marriage

Feb 20, 2013 Full story: KOB-TV 20

The Albuquerque Journal reports that statements by the New Mexico Republican and the son's mother, Michelle Laxalt, of Alexandria, Va., identify Domenici as the father of Las Vegas lawyer Adam Paul Laxalt.

Full Story
NOT the moral majority

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Feb 20, 2013
Yeppers, been decades of him being so darn self-righteous! Outside of marrage and everything...

Yep, Pete, you are the role model we can all be proud of.

If you didn't remember your own fidelity, EVER HEAR OF CONDOMS?

“More Brains Than .....”

Since: Sep 11

..a Zombie Thanksgiving

#2 Feb 21, 2013
Aww Petey. You lied about adultery, Alberto Gonzales and your "brain disease."

But are you still against gay marriage?

What else is in that crowded conservative closet?
Well

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Feb 21, 2013
I don't care who he was sleeping with or the personal scandal, but think of the leverage this lobbyist had over him for 35 years.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 21, 2013
Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone!!

“More Brains Than .....”

..a Zombie Thanksgiving

#5 Feb 21, 2013
Well, I never fathered a bastard with the daughter of another senator.

Ready. Aim. Fire.
NMoldtgimer

Alto, NM

#6 Feb 21, 2013
Typical Republican family values. They kept quite to protect their careers. So would anybody let Cantor sit their kids, and when will Graham come out of the closet.

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Since: Aug 08

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#7 Feb 21, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
CD, I agree with you, but you and I both know that we are both guilty of breaking that ideal.
Mike8

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Feb 21, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
Typical response from you, you old hypocrite jerk. Tell that to his wife, or his kid that went as a bastard child for all those years just so Saint Cheat could cover his ass. Tell that to all his opponents in U.S. SENATE races that could have used the fact that he was an adulterer! Especially Toney Anaya, of who by the way took the high road and would not negatively comment about this hypocrite we called Senator. Did this female he impregnated use him to sway his votes in exchange for her silence? So many questions should be raised besides the obvious dishonesty he kept from his supporters and FAMILY just to save his ass! Integrity and "He is a good man"? Good men with integrity don't cheat on their wives and lie about it for 30 plus years.

As for you, you should be ashamed of yerself for being such a hypocrite, I truly am surprised at your response!

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#9 Feb 21, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
CD, I agree with you, but you and I both know that we are both guilty of breaking that ideal.
Yep, it was aimed at the all of a sudden holier than thou moral crowd who just popped out of the woodpile, like this was the worst thing that could happen.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#10 Feb 21, 2013
Mike8 wrote:
<quoted text>Typical response from you...
<yawn...>
Sure

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Feb 21, 2013
Mike8 wrote:
<quoted text>Typical response from you, you old hypocrite jerk. Tell that to his wife, or his kid that went as a bastard child for all those years just so Saint Cheat could cover his ass. Tell that to all his opponents in U.S. SENATE races that could have used the fact that he was an adulterer! Especially Toney Anaya, of who by the way took the high road and would not negatively comment about this hypocrite we called Senator. Did this female he impregnated use him to sway his votes in exchange for her silence? So many questions should be raised besides the obvious dishonesty he kept from his supporters and FAMILY just to save his ass! Integrity and "He is a good man"? Good men with integrity don't cheat on their wives and lie about it for 30 plus years.
As for you, you should be ashamed of yerself for being such a hypocrite, I truly am surprised at your response!
was nice while you were gone with your nasty attitude, now please crawl back in your hole and leave that poor old man alone. You sound like his Pete Juniors boyfriend or something.
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Feb 21, 2013
NMoldtgimer wrote:
Typical Republican family values. They kept quite to protect their careers. So would anybody let Cantor sit their kids, and when will Graham come out of the closet.
If he was on Clinton's side , he would be considered a hero especially with NM's standards. I hope he discloses publicly all the child support he has paid out over the years. We should never name anyone for a memorial. Including our first, the late and GREAT George Washington.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#13 Feb 21, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
I have plenty of sin in my personal history, but have never been the darling of the political party that claims to represent "family values" and that tries to legislate their interpretation of morality on everyone else. It is profoundly ironic that Pete was cheating on his wife, with the daughter of a fellow Senator, right around the time that his ilk were claiming to be the "moral majority." I always crossed party lines to vote for Domenici but, frankly, I am not surprised by that he was carrying this hypocritical secret all these years. I can't imagine what it must have been like to be a public figure with such a big secret to keep hidden. At least Bill Clinton didn't get Monica pregnant.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#14 Feb 21, 2013
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have plenty of sin in my personal history, but have never been the darling of the political party that claims to represent "family values" and that tries to legislate their interpretation of morality on everyone else. It is profoundly ironic that Pete was cheating on his wife, with the daughter of a fellow Senator, right around the time that his ilk were claiming to be the "moral majority." I always crossed party lines to vote for Domenici but, frankly, I am not surprised by that he was carrying this hypocritical secret all these years. I can't imagine what it must have been like to be a public figure with such a big secret to keep hidden. At least Bill Clinton didn't get Monica pregnant.
Just reenforces the notion that many people make mistakes, some intentional, some not, but there are almost always consequences.

Although I'm a registered Rep, I don't view them in the light of a party who claims to be the moral majority. Perhaps they do, perhaps not, but I don't see them in that light any more than I do the Dems. Point being, blaming the Rep party in a sense for his poor choice and indiscretion is unwarranted IMO.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#15 Feb 21, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
Better cover your face! Here it comes!
Mike8

Las Cruces, NM

#16 Feb 22, 2013
No one has memtioned the difference in age of these two involved. I mention that cause maybe I'm alittle bit jealous...But what would a beautiful lobbist want with an old man? And not a good looking one at that IMO . Maybe for a vote or two to go her and who she was lobbying for perhaps? Chicken Sheet republicans on this thread will let it die before too long. Typical...
Mike8

Las Cruces, NM

#17 Feb 22, 2013
Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
was nice while you were gone with your nasty attitude, now please crawl back in your hole and leave that poor old man alone. You sound like his Pete Juniors boyfriend or something.
Which old man, Pete the cheat or Corn Dunce? Or both since they are in the same boat?

“More Brains Than .....”

..a Zombie Thanksgiving

#18 Feb 22, 2013
The best part of getting old is that you can have sex with a girl half your age and not go to jail.

I beat Pete's record just last month.
Gee Oh Pee

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Feb 23, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
I'm letting a whole bunch of stones fly here!!
darn GOP'ers again showing they can't keep their pants on.

I'm old enough and NEVER had anything close to this. Much less a kid this way.

I stand before YOU saying, bring it on!
Fahad

Ahmedabad, India

#20 Feb 23, 2013
Mujhe ek aisi girlfriend ki talaash hai jo bahut hi zaheen ho My NUMBER 8960663422

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 2 hr Mister Chix 55,802
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 2 hr Mister Chix 106,657
Mentally-ill Albuquerque man could be released ... 7 hr coyote 2
King: Gov. Martinez "does not have Latino heart" 7 hr coyote 67
Looking for Michael Martinez from Albuquerque 12 hr Curious2604 4
Boys Lag Girls in Academics 14 hr coyote 2
Albuquerque area renamed - Mile-hi District' Sat fmer505-1951 2
Placitas Dating
Find my Match

Placitas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Placitas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Placitas

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:27 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:27PM
Dolphins Put AFC on Notice Despite Loss
Bleacher Report 7:29 PM
Is Arizona Still the Best Team in the NFC?
Bleacher Report 7:51 PM
Cardinals Exposed, Finally Show Signs of Weakness
NBC Sports 8:10 PM
Chiefs have to be opportunistic against Broncos
NBC Sports 8:13 PM
Broncos open as slight favorites at Kansas City