“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#61 Jan 11, 2013
Bearing wrote:
<quoted text>
false witness again.
Bears are probably unreliable as witnesses...why was there a bear at the scence where Adam Lanza was?

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#62 Jan 11, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed...
Until we know more...it's all just speculation and the results won't change...
He was disturbed...
It might give insight on how to stop future incidences and how these people think...
There is no "one size fits all" means of addressing mental illness as it relates to "these people". Seriously, MI has almost become an epidemic, yet when you also look at it overall it hasn't progressed THAT much further than it was 50 years ago IMO. What has changed is communications, drama and sensationalism, which brings to the forefront such incidents making some think they are new or infinitely larger than they were. We are just more attuned to it now because its pushed upon us from all angles. Yet it is a huge issue that has long been ignored.
dpb

Westcliffe, CO

#63 Jan 11, 2013
Actually pawn your last sentence should read "It might give insight on how to stop future incidences and how people like myself (pawn) think." LOL

Dread Pirate Roberts

#64 Jan 11, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "one size fits all" means of addressing mental illness as it relates to "these people". Seriously, MI has almost become an epidemic, yet when you also look at it overall it hasn't progressed THAT much further than it was 50 years ago IMO. What has changed is communications, drama and sensationalism, which brings to the forefront such incidents making some think they are new or infinitely larger than they were. We are just more attuned to it now because its pushed upon us from all angles. Yet it is a huge issue that has long been ignored.
I think you're right...definitely on no one thing...{well a relationship with God through Jesus Holy Spirit would help tremendously}...but no one human thing can address the issue...

Perhaps the time for hard issues and tackling the systemic problem for mental illness before gun control would be direction this country needs to go...but you have to remember congress themselves...particularly progressive liberals have some "problems" of their own...

“Kees Mee, I's Ireesh”

Ol' Juarez

#65 Jan 11, 2013
Exactly! I painted ALL republicans with the same paint brush, which is a bias, a stereotype, and incorrect. But the fact is that some people on this thread are stereotyping all Muslims as being extremists. If you don't see that, then you are just as blind.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#66 Jan 11, 2013
fmer505-1951 wrote:
Exactly! I painted ALL republicans with the same paint brush, which is a bias, a stereotype, and incorrect. But the fact is that some people on this thread are stereotyping all Muslims as being extremists. If you don't see that, then you are just as blind.
Not all muslims are extremists...

Many are...

Normally they are the ones that are the islamic hardliners and those that do not or will not speak against them...

I would about 60 to 70 percent fall in this category...

The culture is changing though and there those that have "escaped" that cycle of violence and do speak against that but those are few right now and are usually in danger from those that fall in the 60 to 70 percent...

What we need to do individually and as a nation is try to address and work with and protect those that will and do speak out against the 60 to 70 percent...

{By the way...this is a spiritual issue as well...as many of those that have left..."escaped" have realized...}
If only

Los Alamos, NM

#67 Jan 11, 2013
dupa whisperer wrote:
Think about it! Adam Lanza, the psychotic murdering loon of Newtown, Connecticut, responsible for the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School. What possible motive could he have had in destroying the hard drives of the computers at his home except to eliminate the trail of surfing and visiting English-speaking radical fundamentalist Muslim sites where he, like that Muslim Colonel Hasan in Texas, got their instructions. Everyone already knew he was mentally ill; that his Mother was planning to commit him; and that she had filed papers in Court towards that end. What was he trying to hide?!
I think you are mentally ill.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#68 Jan 11, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...so who learned their lessons?
First...real christians were killed then too...read your history...your real history once in awhile...
Second...muslims/islam is still in their "crusades" mode...but you will defend them to no end...
Funny thing...they wouldn't defend you...
Convert or die...
You omitted the "convert or die" part of the Old Testament, dipsheit. Your stupid old book is just as barbaric and violent as theirs is.

Personally, I think all you hateful religious zealots across the world should be rounded up, transported to some remote location, given all the guns and ammo you want, spo you all can blissfully kill each other. Then, the whole place could be vapourized with a thermonuclear bomb just to make sure that your DNA is wiped off the face of the Earth.

“Amor Vincit Omnia Interdum”

Since: Feb 10

Where The Ragged People Go

#69 Jan 11, 2013
Well, he looks like he was probably a virgin. Maybe the sales pitch about the 70 virgins appealed to him, lol.

#70 Jan 11, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't likely...however...light of the hard drives...there is that possibility...
Wasn't there a shooter in one of the scandinavian countries similar to this and they found influences on his computer?
I think that the Scandinavian shooter you are talking about has a thing about Muslims. He shot up a bunch of young kids because they were in some sort of cross-faith fellowship movement and he felt that Muslims are taking over his country little by little. Horrible.
But no one seems surprised when the Muslims do it.

#71 Jan 11, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk with some ex-muslims...all of them will tell you it is inherent in islam...
Mohammed was nothing more than possessed man and one that was not peaceful but on the same level of Hitler or Stalin or Ghengis Khan...
He did massacre a tribe of Jews early in his career. We know he was a pedophile who married a 12 year old girl, Latifah, to get his hands on her fortune and give up his days as a traveling salesman on a camel. Call me a hater, but I'm writing the truth. And, yes, the Crusaders did commit a lot of abuses, but remember that the Muslims invaded Europe in 711 and started the war between Christians and Muslims in that way. Most Europeans didn't seem to care they had invaded Spain, but when they took over the Holy Land, that's when the Europeans mobilized the Crusades. To the guy who babbles about the Bible, yes, there are some parallels between the Bible and the Qur'an. But, and it's a mighty big but, the Bible didn't/doesn't instruct the Jewish people to conquer every land and convert them to Judaism, or oppress them and collect a heavy tax from them to let them worship their own God. If you had read the Bible, you would know about the Jubilee, the tradition of freeing slaves and writing off debts at a certain point in time. There's no such thing in the Qur'an.

#72 Jan 11, 2013
And to the lobo, I've read the Bible, the entire Bible, Old and New Testament, and not the abridged King James Version. There is no commandment to proselytize or kill people. I do recall when some enemies were defeated a certain command to put them all to the sword, destroy their totems, their temples, their goods, so on, in some cases, not all.
But see the thing is that Jews and Christians have evolved. They are overwhelmingly not driven insane to the point of killing other people for drawing some cartoon of Jesus, or for someone putting a Cross in a jar of urine or stuff like that. Do that to a Muslim and they will kill you on the spot. There's no artistic license to mess with any of their stuff. A lot of people don't think well of Muslims because they don't see the Muslim community coming together to condemn the radical fundamentalists that do all the murder, destroying and killing. For most people, silence is tantamount to approval. Did you hear the American Muslim community condemn that Army Muslim psychiatrist, Hasan, after he murdered over a dozen people in that Army base in Texas? I don't think so.

#73 Jan 11, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
Meanwhile back on topic, do any of you really believe what this threads title insinuates - seriously?
I think the insinuation is in your mind. To me it asks a question hoping to elicit answers, other suggestions. But, as usual on these forums, it brings out insults. If your kids imitate you and behave like this with their peers in school when they articulate something they don't agree with or respect, and this is the rule in our modern and civilized society- I'm being sarcastic- then it's no wonder so many kids are going ballistic and taking revenge on other kids after they get tired of bottling up their anger for a while.
Can't you guys fence verbally with each other without the insults? I can't believe some of you are actually adults. When I offered up some gallows humor about Adam Lanza and the virgins, I was hoping to provoke laughter and defuse the tension on this thread. You guys just don't quit. No wonder men have heart attacks and die so young!
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#74 Jan 12, 2013
But seriously... Has anyone noticed that, behind every "Muslim extremist" in this country, there is an FBI "informant"?

Our tax dollars at work...

And, ooh look, if you think the previous story was old news, Project Censored has this story at #4 on its "Top Censored Stories" list for 2012:

"4. FBI Agents Responsible for Majority of Terrorist Plots in the United States"

http://www.projectcensored.org/top-stories/ar...

911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#75 Jan 12, 2013
Triyun wrote:

Can't you guys fence verbally with each other without the insults? I can't believe some of you are actually adults. When I offered up some gallows humor about Adam Lanza and the virgins, I was hoping to provoke laughter and defuse the tension on this thread. You guys just don't quit. No wonder men have heart attacks and die so young!
Sometimes you gotta laugh just to keep from crying...

"By Any Measure, the U.S. Is the Largest Sponsor of Terror"
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/01/by-any...

911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#76 Jan 12, 2013
Given the fact that mainstream media coverage of major violent events is so often fictional in the service of political agendas, perhaps we need to take another look at the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre. Here's a timeline:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/sandy-hook-schoo...

another

Pasadena, CA

#77 Jan 12, 2013
911 was an inside job wrote:
crackpot.
Concha Pena

Albuquerque, NM

#78 Jan 12, 2013
get over it, tough as it is, don't give those destroyers more credit they aren't worth of.Our youth are getting pretty naty all b themselves. In God we trust shoul return. We need HIM.
Concha Pena

Albuquerque, NM

#79 Jan 12, 2013
Our youth is getting pretty nasty. We were NEVER that bad.
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#80 Jan 12, 2013
another wrote:
<quoted text>
crackpot.
We live in a crazy world, no doubt. I'm just a messenger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 44 min Ants 106,869
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 57 min Rattlesnakes 56,044
Dunn ready to take over as NM land commissioner 2 hr past 5
2 men, teenager arrested in deadly party shooting 3 hr fmer505-1951 2
any girls in alb wanna hook up today (Mar '13) 4 hr Carlos 7
cyfd sucks!!! (Apr '10) 5 hr grandparent 145
Albuquerque Police Intelligence Unit & Crime ... 7 hr Town Crier 1
Placitas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web