Albuquerque Recyling Nada
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#21 Jun 27, 2013
We pay for recycling. They could have stored all the recycling in a manner which would have met regs. They could have been transparent. They could have announced that they are behind the eight ball on this. Don't say we are recycling when only the tax payer is by putting it in a blue cart or curbside. That is where recycling ended. They didn't take care of their end of the bargain and passed on the cost for nada recycling to us. Where are the whistleblowers when you need them.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#22 Jun 27, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
We pay for recycling. They could have stored all the recycling in a manner which would have met regs. They could have been transparent. They could have announced that they are behind the eight ball on this. Don't say we are recycling when only the tax payer is by putting it in a blue cart or curbside. That is where recycling ended. They didn't take care of their end of the bargain and passed on the cost for nada recycling to us. Where are the whistleblowers when you need them.
Valid points mostly for transparency and being up front. But we do not know if those stored recyclables are still usable as recyclables or not. Had they been stored illegally the EPA would been all over it. They monitor this stuff really close. We've been paying for recycling for years now so this didn't cost the taxpayers anything more than what they were already paying. We had bags for curbside pickup, now we have a cart and no addt'l fees.

Again, your transparency comment is valid for sure.

Location hidden

#23 Jun 27, 2013
The issue is, simply, was the recycled material picked up at curbside, by the city recycled over this last year. Contamination is age, place stored, and there were pictures of it all piled up. Any idea of what is in and on the ground at Montessa Park? The story has gone bye-bye. Stone-walling and covering your derriere still has merit as it works. Can you think of other "cover-ups"? Just look at the news. If you can pass bills without reading them, recycling is just peanuts.

Location hidden

#24 Jun 28, 2013
"Right now, the city of Albuquerque is doing about 1,200 tons a month of materials," said Morris Friedman of Friedman Recycling. "We anticipate with this new program they're going to double that diversion from the landfill, so we anticipate 3,000 tons a month coming into our facility."

Translation of "double that diversion from the landfill"?

From Krqe story: New City Site Doubles Recycling
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#25 Jun 28, 2013
get that mess cleaned up and I mean now. what do you think this is, the White House and Congress? We recycle our recyclables not elect and send it to DC.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#26 Jun 28, 2013
dunadd wrote:
get that mess cleaned up and I mean now. what do you think this is, the White House and Congress? We recycle our recyclables not elect and send it to DC.
Albuquerque has been recycling since the 90's, however there have been some times when it was not done properly by they city. But the world is round, we'll get there.

As for recycled politicians, we swap them between the city, county and state every few years. Like in the cats sandbox, every now and then one gets covered up, much to the delight of the rational public<G>.
Justin Orton

San Mateo, CA

#27 Jun 29, 2013
Can you please tell me that I want to do storage, Is this right choice for me not?
http://www.storage.com/self-storage/new-mexic...
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#28 Jun 29, 2013
I'm glad to hear you swap them between city, county and state. Once you send one to DC it comes back plumb ruint, if it comes back. a lot of them make DC their retirement and spend the rest of their days fleecing the flock, some having to die to be put out of office. I think the founding fathers warned us agin them professional politicians and now DC is full of it, I mean them. Sorry I got temporarily off the subject of Alq recycling. Well, we were writing about recycled politicians, so maybe I aint off subject.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mexican Judge in Carlsbad is Racist, Lewd, Sexist 18 min juniper 19
News Two charged in theft at assisted living center 19 min juniper 2
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 1 hr Mister Chix 115,631
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 14 hr Mister Chix 64,662
Want extra money for the holidays 16 hr Johnjg72 1
News Albuquerque police identify remains (Feb '09) 17 hr Concernedcitizen714 121
Sudden influx of people moving in to Rio Rancho 19 hr Noticed 1

Placitas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Placitas Mortgages