Extreme Heat for New Mexico...

A dome of high pressure is going to park itself over the state for the middle of the week. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
moose

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jun 25, 2013
I'm sure others have noticed this. When they state that the official high temp is 94 or 96 degrees, it is 88 or 89 at our house in the NE Heights. What' goin' on ?

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Jun 26, 2013
moose wrote:
I'm sure others have noticed this. When they state that the official high temp is 94 or 96 degrees, it is 88 or 89 at our house in the NE Heights. What' goin' on ?
Have you considered the possibility that Albuquerque is large enough that different places in the city might have different temperatures? Do you know why they call the place you live in the "Heights"? There is a topographic parameter known as elevation, and Sandia Heights is more than 1,000 feet higher in elevation than the valley. What effect do you think elevation might have on temperature?
IM NEVER WRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Jun 26, 2013
If the NE Heights, as the name implies, is on the foothills of a mountain; then the air cascading down from the slopes should slightly cool the foothills.

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Jun 26, 2013
IM NEVER WRONG wrote:
If the NE Heights, as the name implies, is on the foothills of a mountain; then the air cascading down from the slopes should slightly cool the foothills.
Your expertise in tropospheric physics and chemistry is obvious from all your posts about chemtrails. But you really should run a search engine about the temperature profile of the troposphere, and the effect that elevation has on temperature.
CallousOneToo

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jun 26, 2013
moose wrote:
When "they" say that "they" are usually giving the temperature at the airport which would normally be hotter anytime of the year being that the airport is at a lower elevation than the northeast heights. Other things to consider are that the day time high temperatures will always be higher in the valley and night time low temperatures will always be lower in the far northeast heights. I could go on about this but that should be enough to give you a clearer picture as to why there are differences in temperature at any time of the day in different parts of the city.
IM NEVER WRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Jun 27, 2013
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your expertise in tropospheric physics and chemistry is obvious from all your posts about chemtrails. But you really should run a search engine about the temperature profile of the troposphere, and the effect that elevation has on temperature.
Thanks, I knew I was correct in my analysis. Physics and Chemistry 101.
artur

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jun 27, 2013
CallousOneToo wrote:
<quoted text>
When "they" say that "they" are usually giving the temperature at the airport which would normally be hotter anytime of the year being that the airport is at a lower elevation than the northeast heights. Other things to consider are that the day time high temperatures will always be higher in the valley and night time low temperatures will always be lower in the far northeast heights. I could go on about this but that should be enough to give you a clearer picture as to why there are differences in temperature at any time of the day in different parts of the city.
I fully get what you are all saying.

My point is that the temp models are distorted by the scientistic political climate hacks who would ban sparklers, except when they can be lit and held under weather thermometers for political purposes.
your

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Jun 27, 2013
artur wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is
only point is to talk nonsense to yourself.

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#9 Jun 27, 2013
artur wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that the temp models are distorted by the scientistic political climate hacks who would ban sparklers, except when they can be lit and held under weather thermometers for political purposes.
You don't get it at all, Ace. The fact that the troposphere cools upwards is well known from instrument balloons and aircraft, not from models. You need to remove your head from your rectal canal and study some real science.
artur

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jun 27, 2013
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it at all, Ace. The fact that the troposphere cools upwards is well known from instrument balloons and aircraft, not from models. You need to remove your head from your rectal canal and study some real science.
You are correct.

The only balloon I am familiar with is the gigantic hydrocephalus dirigible that is ensconced upon your shoulders.

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#11 Jun 27, 2013
artur wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct.
The only balloon I am familiar with is the gigantic hydrocephalus dirigible that is ensconced upon your shoulders.
You climate-change deniers are so arrogant and egotistical, even after you get busted for being factually incorrect. Seems like most of you don't even make an effort to study the issue anymore. All you do is regurgitate the rhetoric that you see on the pseudo-scientific disinformation websites that are funded by the energy industry. Future historians will look back at you feeble-minded goofballs and laugh at how gullible you were for industry propaganda.
artur

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Jun 27, 2013
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
You climate-change deniers are so arrogant and egotistical, even after you get busted for being factually incorrect. Seems like most of you don't even make an effort to study the issue anymore. All you do is regurgitate the rhetoric that you see on the pseudo-scientific disinformation websites that are funded by the energy industry. Future historians will look back at you feeble-minded goofballs and laugh at how gullible you were for industry propaganda.
The pomposity of your Ludditism is almost too ghastly to comprehend.

The gnarled earthism in your worship of the environment would make even the most retrograde pagan gods blush in shame.

You are the epitome of pantheism in pampers.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#13 Jun 28, 2013
I guess this means people in New Mexico are normal, like turning a topix site entitled Extreme Heat for New Mexico into a bashing each other event. I love youse guys.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14 Jun 28, 2013
dunadd wrote:
I guess this means people in New Mexico are normal, like turning a topix site entitled Extreme Heat for New Mexico into a bashing each other event. I love youse guys.
Sometimes its warranted<G>. We've a clueless dunce from OKC (Oklahoma City) that posts to our forum saying we all need to remove our outdoor faucets and rants on about a government conspiracy of aircraft chemtrails in the sky that are there to control the people. Its quite entertaining, and disturbing at the same time that people like this are loose in society with those sort of mental issues. He's 550 miles east of us but likes to rant on here.

BTW, staying on-topic, it was 105 in Albuquerque yesterday, 2 shy of our all time high of 107.
IM NEVER WRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Jun 28, 2013
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only going to get much worse! Climate change will require a totally new phrase as our planet will heat up like a simmering pot on the stove. Caused mostly by the Earth's natural cycles since the beginning of time. One only needs to look at road cuts in the rocks and read them like a book. I've asked and suggested for years topic forums that all outside faucets be removed simply to bide our time as we desperately try extend our water reserves Please pass this down to others and conserve much more than you are doing now. Much More.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#16 Jun 28, 2013
IM NEVER WRONG wrote:
<quoted text>It's only going to get much worse! Climate change will require a totally new phrase as our planet will heat up like a simmering pot on the stove. Caused mostly by the Earth's natural cycles since the beginning of time. One only needs to look at road cuts in the rocks and read them like a book. I've asked and suggested for years topic forums that all outside faucets be removed simply to bide our time as we desperately try extend our water reserves Please pass this down to others and conserve much more than you are doing now. Much More.
Road cuts in the rocks, hmmm, amusing. At least you've admitted that climate change is a natural occurrence. Now about those chemtrails...
IM NEVER WRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#17 Jun 28, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes its warranted<G>. We've a clueless dunce from OKC (Oklahoma City) that posts to our forum saying we all need to remove our outdoor faucets and rants on about a government conspiracy of aircraft chemtrails in the sky that are there to control the people. Its quite entertaining, and disturbing at the same time that people like this are loose in society with those sort of mental issues. He's 550 miles east of us but likes to rant on here.
BTW, staying on-topic, it was 105 in Albuquerque yesterday, 2 shy of our all time high of 107.
BTW. I do post on other forums, but not with the same handle.I dedicate my time to active forum discussions.
IM NEVER WRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 Jun 28, 2013
IM NEVER WRONG wrote:
<quoted text> BTW. I do post on other forums, but not with the same handle.I dedicate my time to active forum discussions.
For the most part. My belief is that Global climate change is linked to natural occurrences. Government supported and sponsored chemtrail spraying is on a smaller " meso scale". Destructive and deadly to human populations in the magnitude of let's say tens of millions while the natural occurrence of global climate change can wipe out most all of the human population.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#19 Jun 28, 2013
IM NEVER WRONG wrote:
<quoted text> BTW. I do post on other forums, but not with the same handle.I dedicate my time to active forum discussions.
A well traveled man with the IQ of a carrot, isn't that special. What would you do w/o electricity? Probably die of apoplexy as you'd have no place to post your daily devotionals of ignorance.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#20 Jun 28, 2013
IM NEVER WRONG wrote:
<quoted text> For the most part. My belief is that Global climate change is linked to natural occurrences. Government supported and sponsored chemtrail spraying is on a smaller " meso scale". Destructive and deadly to human populations in the magnitude of let's say tens of millions while the natural occurrence of global climate change can wipe out most all of the human population.
Ask me if I care? CARE!!! Huffing your daily chemtrail again I see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 7 min fmer505-1951 106,882
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 19 min fmer505-1951 56,062
Why did the entire KRQE morning news team leave... 11 hr Yes but 6
Lower Gas Prices Cost Albuquerque 11 hr Willothewisp 1
Judge "Pat Murdoch- Conspiracy Theorists (Jul '11) 18 hr Karma 16
cyfd sucks!!! (Apr '10) 22 hr a lonely mom 146
coldest day on record for Maine (Feb '09) Sat wayde 12
Placitas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web