Undecided

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 6, 2013
Well the President, the most powerful man on earth, has now spoken on the Redskin controversy. Change the name.

Saw someone say they could move the team to Idaho and call themselves the potatoes. Won't explain it.

I figure the Rednecks would be a nice compromise. And be more politically correct.

Location hidden

#2 Oct 6, 2013
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBA...

And for those that like to know some of the story. Name is 80 years old. Therefore, there will be some racial issues brought up. Can't see them calling themselves the Redskins because it was demeaning. Most teams won't call themselves the Pansies. Guess it is hard to come up with something that won't upset some group or another.

I think that going back to the original name Braves would be a compromise and as they will eventually cave anyway....
Jesus Malverde

United States

#3 Oct 6, 2013
Yes.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Oct 6, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
Well the President, the most powerful man on earth, has now spoken on the Redskin controversy. Change the name.
Saw someone say they could move the team to Idaho and call themselves the potatoes. Won't explain it.
I figure the Rednecks would be a nice compromise. And be more politically correct.
Rednecks would be more appropriate Pittsburg or Dallas. The Dallas Dung Beetles has a nice ring to it.

I think that the Washington Crustaceans fits well with the social and political climate of the city.
Bruno

Sterling Heights, MI

#5 Oct 6, 2013
A year or so ago a restaurent here got critized for serving Red Skin potatoes. PC has become a fraud.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Oct 6, 2013
I guess the ticket scalpers will have to change their name too.
Mike8

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Oct 6, 2013
I ain't gonna even touch this one for fear of being labeled a negative racist.....I'm very sensative to criticism.
But the ticket scalper comment was pretty friken
funny!
Of course

Huntsville, AL

#8 Oct 6, 2013
Bruno wrote:
A.
Bruno is a fraud.
MR CLEAN

Norman, OK

#9 Oct 6, 2013
Jesus Malverde wrote:
Yes.
Agree as well.Try attending a meeting held by any Indian conference and addressing them as " Redskins". Many feel that "honoring" Indians as a "Redskin" is not only a racial slur, but also implies that they own them in some sort of silly football mascot way.

Location hidden

#10 Oct 6, 2013
It wasn't always a slur. It has morphed into it. Why not PaleFace or Anglo or Gringo. And I don't think the origin of "scalping" was with the native american. So, maybe the Washington Scalpers is a great name. Goes with the territory given all the politicos in DC.

Location hidden

#12 Oct 6, 2013
No that wouldn't work. Been appropriated into the PC Dictionary. I do like Fox Hat though.

Law

Bellevue, NE

#13 Oct 6, 2013
Bruno wrote:
A year or so ago a restaurent here got critized for serving Red Skin potatoes. PC has become a fraud.
What do you mean "has become"? It always was a fraud.
Law

Bellevue, NE

#14 Oct 6, 2013
Of course wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruno is a fraud.
Of course, you're an insufferable sock puppet.

Location hidden

#15 Oct 7, 2013
They could always call themselves the Federales and go to Blue and Black, rather than the Red and Green Christmas colors they now have.

Location hidden

#16 Oct 7, 2013
Make that Black and Blue.
Infidel

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Oct 7, 2013
The Washington Crackheads
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Oct 8, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
with the great one now involving his great powers then it would be approprate to honor him and change it to the 'coonskins', after the hat ya know.
another

Huntsville, AL

#19 Oct 8, 2013
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>

racist post
so what

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Oct 9, 2013
another wrote:
<quoted text>
racist post
exactly is your point? You pointing out racists posts isn't going to get people to stop posting them. If you're offended then too bad for you.
another

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Oct 9, 2013
another wrote:
<quoted text>
racist post
insipid post

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 1 hr Frmr-fmer505-1951 63,300
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 1 hr Frmr-fmer505-1951 114,282
News Thousands join Albuquerque rally on womena s ri... 13 hr Happy 15
News Budget crisis steers NM legislative agenda 13 hr Hey 11
NBC News Projects TRUMP as US President at 930 PM 13 hr So there 142
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 21 hr volk4me 7,118
News NMSP and APD Chase ends with one dead and two a... (Dec '13) Dec '13 thats 1

Placitas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Placitas Mortgages