Toddler dies after being struck by un...

Toddler dies after being struck by uncle's pickup

There are 14 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 18, 2009, titled Toddler dies after being struck by uncle's pickup. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

A 4-year-old Placitas boy died Tuesday night in his home's driveway after being struck by a pickup truck driven by his uncle, according to Dona Ana sheriff's deputies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

this is sad

AOL

#1 Jun 18, 2009
hope the fam is doing ok sorry for your lost
SPEARCHUCKER EL MAYATE

Woodway, TX

#2 Jun 18, 2009
i feel deeply sorry for this family and the lost they suffered. but i also have an obsevation first of all i am black ,and live around hispanics i have noticed that the children NEVER listen to the parent when they are told to stop and not run into the street,it seems to be a game mom or dad calls the kid the kid looks back and runs faster the parent or other chases the child catches the child picks him up and kisses him or her about a dozen times,latinos have made this a deadly game for their children, the few times my child have done this i spank them and scold them. evertime i hear of this problem it is always 99% hispanic child. i am not a racist my wife if mexican when i ask her about this she says cause latino love their kids to much to spank them over this cause the kid loves the parent too and wants to be held by the parent. my wife says she wish she could spank them as i have but she just loves them too much. i say if you love your kid teach them not to chase mom or dads car. same with the seat belts grandma holds the kid in her lap and will not place a kid in a car seat why? evertime i read car accident people thrown from the car seat belts not worn hispanic family why?...once i am sorry for the lost child but maybe your habits are killing your kids.
concerned person

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Jun 19, 2009
To
SpearSPEARCHUCKER EL MAYATE
Killeen, TX

I know you think you like hispanic's just because your wife is hispanic. But hey come on not 99% of hispanic's do what you said. Just maybe you see it that way but there are more hispanic's in the US now then ever. This is why you think that way, but just want you to know it just depends how you want to bring up you child or children, it don't matter if you hispanic or black or even white!
concerned person

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Jun 19, 2009
Plus have you ever wondered that the Flores family is white and not hispanic, white people do have hispanic last names also you know that right!
im2nice4u2h8 at yahoo

AOL

#5 Jun 19, 2009
My name is Debbie. My 6 year old daughter and I are very close to the Flores Family. Yes they are of mexican decent, and for this "pinche mayate" to sit on his black-butt and speculate with a certainty of 99% is not only ignorant on his behalf, but dude you are making your ENTIRE race look just as stupid as you are. Congratulations on your mexican wife... do you think that having a mexican wife makes you like an insider or something? You know NOTHING of our heritage and with a closed mind like yours... I highly doubt you ever will. Our community is tight... The Flores family are not the only people that lost a member... OUR ENTIRE community did! So, Mr. Mayate 99%, do yourself a favor and think before you speak, Keep yourself in Kileen TX. I would if I were you. And learn how to spell Jacka**!

Since: Nov 07

NM

#6 Jun 22, 2009
Such a tragic accident.
But for the grace of God there go I.
spearchucker el mayate

Woodway, TX

#7 Jun 22, 2009
im2nice4u2h8 at yahoo wrote:
My name is Debbie. My 6 year old daughter and I are very close to the Flores Family. Yes they are of mexican decent, and for this "pinche mayate" to sit on his black-butt and speculate with a certainty of 99% is not only ignorant on his behalf, but dude you are making your ENTIRE race look just as stupid as you are. Congratulations on your mexican wife... do you think that having a mexican wife makes you like an insider or something? You know NOTHING of our heritage and with a closed mind like yours... I highly doubt you ever will. Our community is tight... The Flores family are not the only people that lost a member... OUR ENTIRE community did! So, Mr. Mayate 99%, do yourself a favor and think before you speak, Keep yourself in Kileen TX. I would if I were you. And learn how to spell Jacka**!
I KNEW THIS WOULD CONE DOWN TO RACE ,I WAS JUST MAKING AN OBSERVATION WHAT I SEE, I SAW THE SAME THING TODAY A LITTLE HISPANIC BOY RUNNING IN THE YARD THEN HE STARTED FOR THE STREET THE DAD CALLED OUT TO HIM he looked back and smiled and ran into the street the car slowed the dad ran picked up the child and and kissed him a dozen times put him down and the kid ran back into the street dad chased him picked him up kissed him brought him in the house where he screamed for about 15min. the kid was never punished just kissed the kid learned nothing i pray this kid lives to be 12,this is not racist this is what i see around me ,me i spank my children they never do this,but i love them enought to teach the danger of what they do not racist just fact and you guys know it if it makes you feel better call me a igger ,no matter how close you are to your culture your children will die as long as you think this way,all you racist see is my color not what i say god help you
spearchucker el mayate

Woodway, TX

#8 Jun 22, 2009
concerned person wrote:
To
SpearSPEARCHUCKER EL MAYATE
Killeen, TX
I know you think you like hispanic's just because your wife is hispanic. But hey come on not 99% of hispanic's do what you said. Just maybe you see it that way but there are more hispanic's in the US now then ever. This is why you think that way, but just want you to know it just depends how you want to bring up you child or children, it don't matter if you hispanic or black or even white!
my wife has nothing to do with this i was showing that race is not a problem there just seems to be something that says never make the child unhappy no matter what
spearchucker el mayate

Woodway, TX

#9 Jun 22, 2009
you know what guys uck you good luck you will read of more deaths like this to many in a car fail to use car seats and seat belts holding kids in your lap kill your kids who cares you do not. and you are so ucking racist
EL SPEARCHUCKER MAYATE

Woodway, TX

#10 Jun 23, 2009
im2nice4u2h8 at yahoo wrote:
My name is Debbie. My 6 year old daughter and I are very close to the Flores Family. Yes they are of mexican decent, and for this "pinche mayate" to sit on his black-butt and speculate with a certainty of 99% is not only ignorant on his behalf, but dude you are making your ENTIRE race look just as stupid as you are. Congratulations on your mexican wife... do you think that having a mexican wife makes you like an insider or something? You know NOTHING of our heritage and with a closed mind like yours... I highly doubt you ever will. Our community is tight... The Flores family are not the only people that lost a member... OUR ENTIRE community did! So, Mr. Mayate 99%, do yourself a favor and think before you speak, Keep yourself in Kileen TX. I would if I were you. And learn how to spell Jacka**!
what the hell has (tight got to do with this subject) being racist think about what i said not what i look like
EL SPEARCHUCKER MAYATE

Woodway, TX

#11 Jun 24, 2009
i am not a racist
sisenor

El Paso, TX

#12 Jun 24, 2009
As much as it sucks to admit it what this dude has to say is true. I am hispanic and I have sisters,cousins,tias,ect. that do this crap. We don't buckle our kiddos up simply because we get lazy or because we are just going around the corner not "far." I just finished having this conversation with my sister. She comes over and doesn't have my nieces in car seats. She has told me that the car seats were in the wash or that they JUST got super dirty. The last time she came over she had the car seats but they didn't have the proper buckles or straps! Finally I just went and bought her two car seats because what matters here is the safety of our kids. For those getting all offended and you are probably very much guilty of doing this and if not, maybe we should just stop and think about what is beeing said instead of getting all defensive and stuff. There is always room to grow my people and THAT...is a good thing. Peace.
EL SPEARCHUCKER MAYATE

Woodway, TX

#13 Jun 25, 2009
sisenor wrote:
As much as it sucks to admit it what this dude has to say is true. I am hispanic and I have sisters,cousins,tias,ect. that do this crap. We don't buckle our kiddos up simply because we get lazy or because we are just going around the corner not "far." I just finished having this conversation with my sister. She comes over and doesn't have my nieces in car seats. She has told me that the car seats were in the wash or that they JUST got super dirty. The last time she came over she had the car seats but they didn't have the proper buckles or straps! Finally I just went and bought her two car seats because what matters here is the safety of our kids. For those getting all offended and you are probably very much guilty of doing this and if not, maybe we should just stop and think about what is beeing said instead of getting all defensive and stuff. There is always room to grow my people and THAT...is a good thing. Peace.
AN HONEST MAN.GOD BLESS YOU AND THANKS FOR HELPING YOUR SISTER,YOU JUST save the kids lives...now they have a future.
SPEARCHUCKER EL MAYATE

Woodway, TX

#14 Jun 27, 2009
no more racist attacks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ALBQ APS Superindent Needs To Not Tweet The Per... 5 hr Jamar 106
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 5 hr Jamar 58,760
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 6 hr Piglet Von Chix 109,470
You Know You're From New Mexico When... (Apr '12) 7 hr Hear This Armstrong 534
News 'How dare you judge me,' says APS school board ... 7 hr Manuel L 6
Vote For Donald Trump 8 hr you seem 83
APS school board 9 hr Willothewisp 37
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Placitas Mortgages