Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#35407 Jul 5, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
Looking for a decent plumber recommendation who's reasonably priced, preferably in the NE heights, to clear a totally clogged kitchen drain. Just too old and rickety to do it myself anymore.
Check your email.

Hiya friends!
S P Blue

Lampasas, TX

#35408 Jul 5, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
Looking for a decent plumber recommendation who's reasonably priced, preferably in the NE heights, to clear a totally clogged kitchen drain. Just too old and rickety to do it myself anymore.
Try MR PLUMBER They did a superb job for me.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#35409 Jul 6, 2013
Thanks JLOR and Seno for your kindness. It's so hard when someone passes away too early.

Xena, hope you are on the mend and see you back here soon.

The Lord's Prayer for you, Cuz.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#35410 Jul 8, 2013
I will learn to use Windows 8, and like it... yeah, right!

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#35411 Jul 8, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
I will learn to use Windows 8, and like it... yeah, right!
If you must have the start button, go here:

http://www.classicshell.net/

And use that. But seriously, the whole tiff people are having about it is a tempest in a teapot.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#35412 Jul 8, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you must have the start button, go here:
http://www.classicshell.net/
And use that. But seriously, the whole tiff people are having about it is a tempest in a teapot.
I've DL'd it to my Vista machine & will install it on the new LT when it arrives. I've done windows since 1.0 but just cannot get used to the clutter of crap on the desktop of Win8. Too much into communications and being on top of glitzy crap IMO and not enough real productivity. But then the idea is to eliminate LTs, DTs and such and go to tablets w/ minimal data retention at that level, hence the cloud and subscription apps like MSO365. They control it and minimize any potential piracy, but IMO they decrease ones independence then too. I'll get there but it'll be like getting 5 root canals all at once.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#35413 Jul 13, 2013
ROTFLMAO - this 33 second video reminds me of the Silvery Minnow (aka NM Sardine) in the Rio Grande right about now<G>!!!

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#35414 Jul 14, 2013
If y'all want some REAL entertainment, look through this thread in our forum "Feds warn of early end to Rio Grande irrigation" particularly at the end. The fun is in reading the various posts (in other threads too) of the chemtrails loon from OKC. OMG, this short bus rider has really fallen off the deep end. Check it out (a rain tax)...

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#35415 Jul 15, 2013
Hello freeformers..... Just a quick drive by to say hi, and wish everyone well.... It's been a hard few months, hope it's been better for you all....... Stay safe and healthy...

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#35416 Jul 15, 2013
I must say that overall Windows 8 isn't quite as invasive as I thought or took note of in various test drives @ stores. I'm not using the Classic Shell, not even installed. I'm using the file mgr(?) screen instead of the Metro interface. Everything I wanted to install went on with no problems and all seem to work fine, incl my old trusty MSOfficePro2000. But I'm getting real comfy w/ OpenOffice too, the freebie office suite that is compatible w/ MSOffice.
IM NEVER WRONG

United States

#35417 Jul 15, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
If y'all want some REAL entertainment, look through this thread in our forum "Feds warn of early end to Rio Grande irrigation" particularly at the end. The fun is in reading the various posts (in other threads too) of the chemtrails loon from OKC. OMG, this short bus rider has really fallen off the deep end. Check it out (a rain tax)...
I don't contribute my time to this forum to be everyone's evening entrainment!!! It is my goal to enlighten others of important environmental issues that challenges us all with lasting consequences on the road we choose. If we follow the brick road with the wrong color, then it's a long way to retrace ones steps.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#35418 Jul 16, 2013
IM NEVER WRONG wrote:
<quoted text> I don't contribute my time to this forum to be everyone's evening entrainment!!! It is my goal to enlighten others of important environmental issues that challenges us all with lasting consequences on the road we choose. If we follow the brick road with the wrong color, then it's a long way to retrace ones steps.
Your contributions as you call them are mere figments of your imagination and only serve as reminders to us of your mental health instability. Now please go get your daily dose of chemtrail huffing.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#35419 Jul 16, 2013
IM NEVER WRONG wrote:
<quoted text> I don't contribute my time to this forum to be everyone's evening entrainment!!! It is my goal to enlighten others of important environmental issues that challenges us all with lasting consequences on the road we choose. If we follow the brick road with the wrong color, then it's a long way to retrace ones steps.
BTW, your stalking me into a forum you don't normally frequent is accepted by me as a form of flattery, you'd like to be just like me<snicker>.

Flint, MI

#35420 Jul 16, 2013
XENA 54 wrote:
Hello freeformers..... Just a quick drive by to say hi, and wish everyone well.... It's been a hard few months, hope it's been better for you all....... Stay safe and healthy...
Hope your days are getting better and easier! Have been thinking of you and JLOR and missing the rest of my FF friends.

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#35421 Jul 16, 2013
So a bounty hunter walks into a gem store...

Stop me if you've heard this one before.

So a bounty hunter walks into a gem store and says "I just got stiffed on a bounty. All I have to show for it are these stones. If you want any of them, give me a couple of bucks for it and take it."

The gem store guy says "Two bucks for this one?"

And the bounty hunter says "Yeah, it ain't a diamond, so I don't care, just get it out of my sight."

So now I have a 6mm round cut tanzanite.

Location hidden

#35422 Jul 17, 2013
LilStinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope your days are getting better and easier! Have been thinking of you and JLOR and missing the rest of my FF friends.
Wellll it's just been a crazy summer so far, but it's just life in general.... Things are going to happen and there's nothing we can do about it, so we live with it, and move on... As you know, going to another service tomorrow..ugh

How's everything with you? Miss you and Jlor too..

Flint, MI

#35423 Jul 17, 2013
XENA 54 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wellll it's just been a crazy summer so far, but it's just life in general.... Things are going to happen and there's nothing we can do about it, so we live with it, and move on... As you know, going to another service tomorrow..ugh
How's everything with you? Miss you and Jlor too..
Yes, I saw you lost you SIL, I'm so sorry! We are finally seeing the light at the other end of the tunnel. This is L's last chemo treatment at the hospital and she is showing progress, especially in the bone marrow. We'll find out in 6 wks how well all the chemos worked and where she stands. I'm at home today and go back to the hospital tomorrow, she is scheduled to leave Friday.

Location hidden

#35424 Jul 17, 2013
LilStinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I saw you lost you SIL, I'm so sorry! We are finally seeing the light at the other end of the tunnel. This is L's last chemo treatment at the hospital and she is showing progress, especially in the bone marrow. We'll find out in 6 wks how well all the chemos worked and where she stands. I'm at home today and go back to the hospital tomorrow, she is scheduled to leave Friday.
Thank you! L's always in my prayers.... My sister is doing very well and refused/stopped chemo... Thank God she's doing as good as she is and giving it a good fight for the last 5 years...

Location hidden

#35425 Jul 18, 2013
Oh my goodness! I love my two amigas!!!! I'm sorry I haven't called lately. Just stupid crap that does not excuse my not being here. Love you both with all my heart and think of you every day!

To the rest of my friends, hola! Long time no chatty with! I miss chatting with you all and hope life is being kind!

Flint, MI

#35426 Jul 18, 2013
XENA 54 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! L's always in my prayers.... My sister is doing very well and refused/stopped chemo... Thank God she's doing as good as she is and giving it a good fight for the last 5 years...
Thank you, and I'm happy to hear your sister is doing better! Now you have to concentrate on yourself!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 9 hr Mister Chix 116,403
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 10 hr Cooties 65,424
News Guadalupe County sheriff candidate's residency ... 16 hr No to Jeremy 12
Piss Trump Off, Flood USA With Mexico 19 hr wowed 6
Youngblood, I'm Drinkn N Driving All Weekend, I... Fri SillyAss DWI Laws 1
Trump Jus Wasting Time, Blow Up Korea Now! Thu Lunch From WSMR 1
Monica Youngblood Governor New Mejico USA Thu sway vote 1

Placitas Jobs

Personal Finance

Placitas Mortgages