Coyote killing ban defeated in House

Feb 26, 2013 Full story: Deming Headlight 219

The state House of Representatives on Tuesday defeated a bill to ban the events, such as one last fall in which a gun shop owner collected $50 entry fees and then gave prizes to the team that killed the most coyotes.

Full Story
Jesus Christ

Rio Rancho, NM

#62 Mar 4, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like something you burried your fat face in once!
I'd remember wearing you like a mask, sweetie. But if you were thinking of having a come to jesus moment, I'm right here.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#63 Mar 4, 2013
Right wrote:
<quoted text>
what a liar. Dirt and stubble and stubble is all that's out there.
Maybe you are as blind as you are dumb. I ranch. We have 7 different pastures we rotate cattle through depending on the time of year. If my cattle have nothing to eat on the pasture they don't gain any weight. If they don't gain any weight I don't make any money at the sale. Pretty simple even for a nimrod like you to understand..
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#64 Mar 4, 2013
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd remember wearing you like a mask, sweetie. But if you were thinking of having a come to jesus moment, I'm right here.
Maybe you ran out of breath and passed out while I was sitting on your face. Tell Jesus I said hello..
Mike Padilla

Los Alamos, NM

#66 Mar 5, 2013
bill wrote:
Good.
Now at least, there will not be mass huntings of long, grey, strawy haired ancient hippie chicks.
Except in the Santa Fe bars...
I wish they would kill them where I live. They hve eliminated all rodents and animals except rock ats, and rats, and do nothing.
Trapper

Albuquerque, NM

#67 Mar 5, 2013
someone stole 2 of my traps dy before yesterday will press charges given the chance
Probably

Santa Fe, NM

#68 Mar 5, 2013
Trapper wrote:
someone stole 2 of my traps dy before yesterday will press charges given the chance

Alamogordo, NM

#69 Mar 6, 2013
Probably wrote:
<quoted text>
I have plenty of traps he can borrow. Hey trapper if you meet me on AO11 at 10:30 this morning I will loan you anything you need. I am on my way south to hunt coyotes at that quary..
Trapper

Albuquerque, NM

#70 Mar 6, 2013
Thanks hunter but I'm done for the year
still here

Ruidoso, NM

#71 Mar 6, 2013
When you all come back as coyotes, ouch.
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#72 Mar 6, 2013
Trapper wrote:
I don't think NM HB 0579 has been defeated. Many protection groups in NM are here to insure the cruel and criminally insane are held accountable. I love to be the first to lock you up and take all your possessions, legally.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#73 Mar 6, 2013
IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think NM HB 0579 has been defeated. Many protection groups in NM are here to insure the cruel and criminally insane are held accountable. I love to be the first to lock you up and take all your possessions, legally.
You can't because you don't have the BALLS to. You are a talker and not a doer! I had a bad day today and I blame it on the wind. I only took one coyote. Tomorrow will be better!
More

Santa Fe, NM

#74 Mar 6, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>You can't because you don't have the BALLS to. You are a talker and not a doer! I had a bad day today and I blame it on the wind. I only took one coyote. Tomorrow will be better!
karma for your sadism.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#75 Mar 6, 2013
More wrote:
<quoted text>
karma for your sadism.
What is karma? I don't believe in any of your voodoo junk. I believe the wind was swerling and they smelled me right before they got close enough for me to kill. I still killed one and tomorrow my goal is four!
Trapper

Albuquerque, NM

#76 Mar 6, 2013
Have any of you carma fools ever swated a fly or stepped on a cockroach cant wait till your next life and you get the windshield!
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#77 Mar 7, 2013
More wrote:
<quoted text>
karma for your sadism.
trapper and hunter are 12 year old boys whose parent has grounded them for a delinquent act like potty in their pants. Hopefully Mom or Dad will wise up and take their mouse away.
Mangoearth

Carrizozo, NM

#78 Mar 7, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>Ranchers do the same thing as farmers. If they didn't they wouldn't be in business. You are stupid..
Instead of backing up your opinion - you resort to name calling. How where you raised? Now the reason ranchers are in business - is because they inherited it. Are you a self-made rancher? Can not imagine the start-up costs! And I do not believe you leave any of your property to heal - by rotating your grazing cattle. Please, tell me what you do to give back to the land that gives so much bounty? And, why is Kansas paying so much for coyote pelts? Is it a leather product? Do you enjoy the kill? Does it make you feel good? Superior? In control? Do you feed your family with the meat?
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#79 Mar 7, 2013
Mangoearth wrote:
<quoted text> Instead of backing up your opinion - you resort to name calling. How where you raised? Now the reason ranchers are in business - is because they inherited it. Are you a self-made rancher? Can not imagine the start-up costs! And I do not believe you leave any of your property to heal - by rotating your grazing cattle. Please, tell me what you do to give back to the land that gives so much bounty? And, why is Kansas paying so much for coyote pelts? Is it a leather product? Do you enjoy the kill? Does it make you feel good? Superior? In control? Do you feed your family with the meat?
I inherited some land and some I lease from you. That is right I lease land from the Lincoln National Forest Service which is owned by the tax payer. This land I lease is near Capitan, NM. I was raised a good Christian person with solid core values and morals. I am now a self made rancher thank you. I have fenced off several hundred acres and rotate pastures as per the guidelines set forth by the Lincoln National Forest Service. As far as giving back to the land, well when I took over this desolate area the deer were almost gone, there were no turkey, elk could not be found and quail were extinct. But there were coyotes everywhere and a few mountain lions. First of all I built up all earth tanks and gravity fed them with water. Then utilizing an airplane I mapped out the entire grazing area and placed metal stock tanks filled with water within a half mile of each other also gravity fed. Then I purchased dozens of mineral blocks and salt blocks and spread them out over the entire property. In the winter time I supplement the land with hay. I fenced off this entire area so once cattle had grazed the pasture to an acceptable level I moved the cattle to another pasture. This is called rotating. I bulldozed thick areas and created some grassland under the tree canopy and roads. I helped build Trickle Tanks in conjunction with the NM Turkey Federation which hold rain water and are used strictly for wildlife. These tanks I fenced off where my cattle can not water there only the wildlife can. Your habitat improvement stamp helped pay for this also. Not only do my cattle benfit from all the food, water and supplements I worked so hard to place on Gods green earth but so does all the wildlife. I began to hunt and trap coyotes because the population had exploded and they were wiping out other species. After a few years the deer population returned, the elk population exploded, turkeys returned and we see quail occassionaly. The hunters started coming back during hunting season and they thank us for all we have done. We have made a decent living raising cattle and have managed to give back to our community at the same time. I have spent literally THOUSANDS out of my own pocket contributing. I hope this answers your question and now I ask, what have you done for your community?
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#80 Mar 8, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>"I inherited some land and some I lease from you. That is right I lease land from the Lincoln National Forest Service which is owned by the tax payer.""..........LL I hope this answers your question and now I ask, what have you done for your community?"
Congratulations, you come in 2nd for contributing the destruction of our planet by raising,then slaughtering animals that use 1/2 of this planet's water, you help in global warming right behind fossil fuels. Cowboy up and raise strawberries
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#81 Mar 9, 2013
IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text> Congratulations, you come in 2nd for contributing the destruction of our planet by raising,then slaughtering animals that use 1/2 of this planet's water, you help in global warming right behind fossil fuels. Cowboy up and raise strawberries
Thank you. Is that what you do, raise Strawberries, put whip cream on them and feed them to your lover from Carrizozo?
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#82 Mar 9, 2013
Cattle die of illness and weather related events much more than being killed by predators. The % livestock killed by wild or domestic animals is less than 1/4 %. Hunter's steers are paying the price of his evil doings. He has no clue about conservation or his cows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Open letter to Republicans 1 hr coyote 32
Liberal Hypocrisy & the Demonization of Million... 1 hr coyote 3
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 2 hr fmer505-1951 106,688
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 2 hr fmer505-1951 55,834
Debate: Ferguson - Albuquerque, NM 8 hr Matt9969 18
Cody Posey freed after 2004 shooting spree on S... (Oct '10) 15 hr John 25
Boys Lag Girls in Academics 20 hr bullbunk 3
Placitas Dating
Find my Match

Placitas People Search