One dead, another injured in Placitas crash

One person is dead and a child is in the hospital after a crash in Placitas. Officers on scene say one car was headed eastbound on Highway 165 when the car somehow crashed into another car going westbound. Full Story
onur

Placitas, NM

#2 Aug 10, 2008
rest in peace. You will always be loved AS
Sunny Delite

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Aug 10, 2008
I hope the child will be ok. Sorry, someone had to die though.
you know what

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Aug 10, 2008
Tragic wrote:
So far all I have to offer is condolences to the family. There is one question, was the driver talking on a cell phone, texting on a cell phone or what really happened. Why are the police holding back?
Why are you so eager to find out the details? Maybe it's none of your business. Maybe they have the child's best interests in mind by not releasing the information. What purpose does it serve to speculate? Why do you automatically assume it's cell phone related? Stop being so nosy, offer your condolences, and leave it at that. When and if they release the details, your morbid curiosity will be satisfied at that point in time. Until then, keep in mind that a child is involved and that it has nothing to do with you.
Chill

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Aug 10, 2008
you know what wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so eager to find out the details? Maybe it's none of your business. Maybe they have the child's best interests in mind by not releasing the information. What purpose does it serve to speculate? Why do you automatically assume it's cell phone related? Stop being so nosy, offer your condolences, and leave it at that. When and if they release the details, your morbid curiosity will be satisfied at that point in time. Until then, keep in mind that a child is involved and that it has nothing to do with you.
Did you read the first sentence Tragic wrote? I don't think Tragic was mean or offensive. You came off really angry and judgemental, maybe you should re-read the post with a cool head.
Yemaya

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Aug 10, 2008
Your loss has touched many lives. May you find peace, & know you were loved. You will be fondly remebered AS.
Saddened Resident

Placitas, NM

#9 Aug 11, 2008
Tragic wrote:
So far all I have to offer is condolences to the family. There is one question, was the driver talking on a cell phone, texting on a cell phone or what really happened. Why are the police holding back?
Two kids were orphaned because of this accident. They lost one parent recently and now the other. This truly is tragic. Our thoughts and prayers go out for these kids.
JT in Placitas

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Aug 11, 2008
What a terrible tragedy. I hope the little girl recovers and both children have comforting memories of their loving parents.
Dingbat

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Aug 11, 2008
My sympathies to the family.
ldygdmn

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Aug 13, 2008
JT in Placitas wrote:
What a terrible tragedy. I hope the little girl recovers and both children have comforting memories of their loving parents.
they are not orphans, they have other family
bbb

New York, NY

#14 Aug 13, 2008
2 kids are orpahaned because one parent didn't have on a seat belt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alaska Airlines jets off from Seattle-Tacoma to... 3 hr New Mexico 1
'Bless Me, Ultima' novelist Anaya inducted into... 5 hr fmer505-1951 13
Mattel to introduce 'Mariachi Barbie' 6 hr fmer505-1951 167
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 6 hr fmer505-1951 106,248
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 6 hr fmer505-1951 55,311
Casaus/Browder case 13 hr fmer505-1951 2
More than 500 walk to raise awareness about sui... 17 hr fmer505-1951 14
Placitas Dating
Find my Match

Placitas Jobs