Gov. Martinez signed ballot request for husband

Jan 19, 2013 Full story: KOB-TV New Mexico 82

Gov. Susana Martinez has admitted signing an absentee ballot request for a school board election on behalf of her husband, Chuck Franco.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
marianne

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jan 19, 2013
And Barak Obama authorized "Fast and Furious."

"A falsehood will course the Earth before the Truth has a chance to pull its boots on."

"The Truth will out" assumes that we will finally get some real history taught in our schools.
another

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Jan 19, 2013
marianne wrote:
And Barak Obama authorized "Fast and Furious."
lie
darla

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jan 19, 2013
another wrote:
<quoted text>
lie
And you speak like a spiritual hermaphrodite, with your weasel marching orders straight from the gullet of leftist totalitarians.
nope

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Jan 19, 2013
darla wrote:
<quoted text>
you appear to be possessed.
Concha Pena

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jan 20, 2013
senile

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6 Jan 20, 2013
Keeping on topic, she broke no law that was in force at the time of the signing. The bigger Q though is WTH it took until now to enact that law. If you can vote you ~should~ be able to sign your own ballot, disability not withstanding. That should have been a no brainer long ago.
Gendron Jensen

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Jan 20, 2013
IMPEACH HER! She is deep in the pockets of the petroleum barons anyway.

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Since: Aug 08

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#8 Jan 22, 2013
ANY elected official, I DO NOT CARE WHAT PARTY, who commits voter fraud should be automatically removed from office, on top of whatever prosecution there might be.

Martinez flat-out admitted she did it; boot her cheating ass to the curb.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#9 Jan 22, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
ANY elected official, I DO NOT CARE WHAT PARTY, who commits voter fraud should be automatically removed from office, on top of whatever prosecution there might be.
Wow....that would definitely clean house on both the Republican and Democrat....probably leading up to President Hussein Obama considering he is not in any real definition a "natural born citizen" qualified in the Constitution to be president....

And I would think you'd have more sympathy for disabilities....

Guess not....

Dread Pirate Roberts

#10 Jan 22, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
By the way....law was in place at the time....for that....wait a minute....you're admitting that there IS and CAN be voter fraud....interesting....

I thought....voter fraud was non-existent....

Wonder how many illegals still do this?

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#11 Jan 22, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
Sorry, but it was NOT illegal to do that at the time she did. The law has been changed since to make it illegal. See post#6
When

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Jan 22, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way....law was in place at the time....for that....wait a minute....you're admitting that there IS and CAN be voter fraud....interesting....
I thought....voter fraud was non-existent....
Wonder how many illegals still do this?
thoroughly investigated and money and state police time wasted by the republican SoS with much grandstanding and ballyhoo about the undocumented, nothing of any significance showed up.

So far we have the republican that registered his dog, the republican who voted twice (once for his son) and the Republican governor deciding the rules don't apply to her.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#13 Jan 22, 2013
When wrote:
<quoted text>... and the Republican governor deciding the rules don't apply to her.
They didn't at the time it occurred, wasn't illegal according to what I've read. Still cheezy though IMO.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#14 Jan 22, 2013
When wrote:
<quoted text>
thoroughly investigated and money and state police time wasted by the republican SoS with much grandstanding and ballyhoo about the undocumented, nothing of any significance showed up.
So far we have the republican that registered his dog, the republican who voted twice (once for his son) and the Republican governor deciding the rules don't apply to her.
The signing was investigated at the time by Secretary of State Dianna Duran, also a Republican, after it caught the eye of the Dona Ana County clerk. The secretary of state's chief of staff Ken Ortiz says Duran's office found no wrongdoing on Martinez's part.

{She didn't decide the rules don't apply to her....there were no rules concerning this at the time....comprehension....}

Dread Pirate Roberts

#15 Jan 22, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but it was NOT illegal to do that at the time she did. The law has been changed since to make it illegal. See post#6
Kind of a non-story....must be a slow news day or something....

Now....what about all the Constitutional laws Obamacare violates and how progressive liberals find ways to redefine those laws and make them mean the opposite of what they do mean....
Sorry

Santa Fe, NM

#16 Jan 22, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't at the time it occurred, wasn't illegal according to what I've read. Still cheezy though IMO.
missed that.

Agree it is cheesy - especially for someone in her position. And geez, what is the "first gentleman" doin with himself that he can't find time to sign his own request.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#17 Jan 22, 2013
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
missed that.
Agree it is cheesy - especially for someone in her position. And geez, what is the "first gentleman" doin with himself that he can't find time to sign his own request.
Agree, if he had time to fill it out, he had time to sign it, another 3 seconds max?.?. If he didn't fill it out, then it never should have been mailed. Why that was never the law before me boggles me too.
Because

Santa Fe, NM

#18 Jan 22, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now....what about all the Constitutional laws Obamacare violates and how progressive liberals find ways to redefine those laws and make them mean the opposite of what they do mean....
he doesn't do that and frankly doesn't even test the limits. The fact that the current court said that the individual mandate was not permissable under the commerce clause was them ignoring 100 years of precedent. Same with the Citizens United decision. There is your redefining of constitutional law and precedent.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#19 Jan 23, 2013
the Martinez effect continues...lies, corruption, back room deals...all that good GOP type stuff...

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Since: Aug 08

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#20 Jan 23, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
Ahh, but using that SAME logic, why do you call abortion murder? Murder is a legal concept, just as voter fraud is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Placitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cyfd sucks!!! (Apr '10) 1 hr IBelieve3 147
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 5 hr Katia 56,489
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 6 hr Mister Chix 107,259
Same-Sex Marriage Trumps Religious Liberty in N... (Aug '13) 10 hr NorCal Native 1,002
Adios, Arizona (Aug '10) 22 hr jan 685
DA Kari A. Brandenburg, BernCo, NM -FBI & NMA... Mon former abq resident 3
Leaving ALBQ WAHOOOOOOO Mon Former Abq Resident 3
Placitas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Placitas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:16 am PST

NBC Sports 3:16AM
Report: Broncos reach out to Wade Phillips with defensive coordinator needed
NBC Sports 4:09 AM
Bears add two more assistants
Bleacher Report 6:03 AM
Is Balance of Power Shifting in AFC West?
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out
Bleacher Report 7:42 AM
Kubiak the Right Coach, with or Without Peyton