Pittston hikes sewer fee to $170 to c...

Pittston hikes sewer fee to $170 to cover project

There are 1 comment on the Times Leader story from Jun 30, 2010, titled Pittston hikes sewer fee to $170 to cover project. In it, Times Leader reports that:

PITTSTON With few comments from members of the public during a special meeting Wednesday, city council passed the new $170-a-year sewer fee for city residents and Hughestown residents who use the city system.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Leader.

hughestown resident

Scranton, PA

#1 Aug 11, 2010
iam very upset about the sewer fee increase. i am not upset about the money...
i am upset that hughestown has a faulty sewer system and the smell of raw sewage can be smelled throughout the borough. the resident are living in a toxic environment that is not only unbearable ..but..is toxic and unsafe....
TOXIC SEWER GAS DOES PROMOTE A "CLEAN AND GREEN ENVIRONMENT".
i am not willing to pay more money for a sewer bill when you can not enter the borough without gagging from the awful smell
SOMETHING HAS GOT TO BE DONE TO CORRECT THE SITUATION..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Luzerne County population down May '16 good riddance 1
Darryl's Licence Plates Restoration (Aug '07) May '16 jhgme 35
News I've been fired (Jul '06) May '16 Fed Up 92
News Detractors, growing debt dog local builder (Jun '07) May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 3,487
News County council rejects motion to disband manage... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Bachelor parties about catering to groom-to-be,... Apr '16 true-life 1
craaazy robert grohman in town ..be aware Apr '16 Mitchell 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittston Mortgages