Will WHEC Channel 10 News Ever Go High Definition?

Posted in the Pittsford Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
BillyBob

Pittsford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

What's the deal? I thought it was mandated by the FCC? Watching their news is like being in the '80s.
Biracial one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

It was asked on their Facebook page before and they just answered they hope to go HD sometime on 2013.
BillyBob

Pittsford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Thanks.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

It is really ridiculous that they haven't. Makes them look cheesy and cheap. Extremely archaic.
Biracial one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Steel City Steelers wrote:
It is really ridiculous that they haven't. Makes them look cheesy and cheap. Extremely archaic.
For once, I agree with you. Their graphics look generic compared to 8 and 13. Hope they go to HD soon. 10 iz my favorite news.
BillyBob

Pittsford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Biracial one wrote:
<quoted text>
For once, I agree with you. Their graphics look generic compared to 8 and 13. Hope they go to HD soon. 10 iz my favorite news.
I agree, except for Kevin Williams. We have to mute when he comes on. He is one annoying and arrogant person.
Biracial one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

BillyBob wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, except for Kevin Williams. We have to mute when he comes on. He is one annoying and arrogant person.
I thought I was the one noticed that. Scott Hetsko is my choice for meteorologist.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Biracial one wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I was the one noticed that. Scott Hetsko is my choice for meteorologist.
Hetsko is 1000 times better than 13's Johnson hands down.He also gets the forecast right more times for sure.
BillyBob

Pittsford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Biracial one wrote:
<quoted text>
Kevin Williams is a dork. With his incessant little old lady dialog like "to be sure" -- and so much other annoying crap.

Scott is so much better.
Biracial one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>Hetsko is 1000 times better than 13's Johnson hands down.He also gets the forecast right more times for sure.
Glenn Johnson is cool. Better to watch than Kevin Williams. But Hetsko outclasses them both.
Biracial one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

BillyBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Kevin Williams is a dork. With his incessant little old lady dialog like "to be sure" -- and so much other annoying crap.
Scott is so much better.
I find Rich Cagniglia more appealing than Williams, they should promote him.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Biracial one wrote:
<quoted text>
I watch Rich every A.M. and I also like him better than Johnson.He also seems to be on target much more than Johnson ever is.Johnson seems to be a bit too pompus(SP?).
BillyBob

Pittsford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Biracial one wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, Kevin will always be the weather queen there. Too bad.

Probably has a big following from the area nursing homes.
common sense and freedom

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

heres a solution turn on 13 instead 8& 10 its the only real news station anyways 8&10 both focus on to much feel good fluff and pop culture trash stories
BillyBob

Pittsford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

common sense and freedom wrote:
heres a solution turn on 13 instead 8& 10 its the only real news station anyways 8&10 both focus on to much feel good fluff and pop culture trash stories
Yeah, they all do. When you watch local news in a real city (New York, San Francisco, Dallas), the don't do fluff pieces. It's news about the local economy, and stories that have wide appeal. No "bright spots".

Rochester stations provide news for the "dull-normal"... with lots of interviews from children and dumbasses. I don't care about their cutesy or insipid opinions. It doesn't impact me.

As a family, we have stopped watching local news (too many Fuccillo and Vision car ads that we mute anyway)... and go straight to national news. We like Brian Williams -- because NBC is paying him $11.5 million/year, so he has to be good.
Grady Stiles

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Can't wait to see Nikki's nips poppin thru her blouse in HD.
Kwame Najo Tetteh

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

common sense and freedom wrote:
13 WHAM is more geared towards suburbanites while WROC and WHEC report more for city residents.
common sense and freedom

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

BillyBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they all do. When you watch local news in a real city (New York, San Francisco, Dallas), the don't do fluff pieces. It's news about the local economy, and stories that have wide appeal. No "bright spots".
Rochester stations provide news for the "dull-normal"... with lots of interviews from children and dumbasses. I don't care about their cutesy or insipid opinions. It doesn't impact me.
As a family, we have stopped watching local news (too many Fuccillo and Vision car ads that we mute anyway)... and go straight to national news. We like Brian Williams -- because NBC is paying him $11.5 million/year, so he has to be good.
point well taken. the news reporters gotta quit being so scared to offend thin skins and spend more time reporting actual news instead of try to show you how hip they are with facebook twitter or what ever othwr dumba!! techno fad they want to show off.also quit stairing at the camer with those puppy dog eyes and talking with that bullcrap sympathetic tone to prove u care.if we wanted to see some crybaby wimp passing dribble off as news we'd turn on gma or wait for diane saawyer.
Honkey the Cracker

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Kwame Najo Tetteh wrote:
<quoted text>
13 WHAM is more geared towards suburbanites while WROC and WHEC report more for city residents.
Sho' nuff! I remember 8 and 10 did a breaking story on Hudson Ave at 6pm and at the same time 13 just told an unimportant story about some woman in Henrietta.
common sense and freedom

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Kwame Najo Tetteh wrote:
<quoted text>
no wroc and whec is geard more towards people who think pop culture,sensitivity,andbutt kissing whiney blowhards is what makes great news not facts.i live in 14609 in the city and feel evenly represented as thee burbs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pittsford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pittsford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••