The Mia Foundation

May 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: RochesterHomepage.net

Mia died of complications from pneumonia last month. Her story sparked international buzz on social media.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 52 of52
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Concerned Citizen

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

I know very well what I am talking about. Did you ever meet Mia personally (mainly directed at the people posting from Florida, Georgia and Tennessee)? You can watch videos of her playing and see a little dog having fun but what you don’t see is her severely malnourished little body in an oxygen cage stretching her neck upward desperate to breathe, or her meal time that consisted of her owner squirting liquid nutrition through a tube inserted into her stomach. I love animals, but part of loving them is knowing when to let go. I don't discriminate against Mia because she was different, I empathize with her. In her short life she underwent multiple surgical procedures, endured long hospital stays, and spent numerous nights away from her family. She was happy because she didn't know any better; she never experienced a "normal" dogs life. Her owners knew what she was missing and although they went to great lengths to give her a good life, they went too far. It is hard to know when to stop, after how many procedures, and how much money spent, but there has to be a stopping point. This is my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is no need to call others "pathetic" or “scum”. I am far from unemployed nor do I spend all my time on the computer looking for negativity. I am simply a concerned citizen that wants people to look at all aspects of the situation before donating money to a foundation that, in my opinion, let a dog suffer for too long.
Lori Barnes

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

Mia lived a good life and did not suffer. I am disgusted at these comments. I have just seen them. If you don't know what the real story is about or even about the people, shut up. Make no comment unless you know. Eddy and "the man" whomever you call yourselves are a waste of space. Mia represents a miracle and love. Go away bad people.
A FRIEND

Sylvan Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Eddie wrote:
That is one ugly pooch
I sure you must be one UGLY piece of shit yourself.
A FRIEND

Sylvan Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Concerned Citizen wrote:
I know very well what I am talking about. Did you ever meet Mia personally (mainly directed at the people posting from Florida, Georgia and Tennessee)? You can watch videos of her playing and see a little dog having fun but what you don’t see is her severely malnourished little body in an oxygen cage stretching her neck upward desperate to breathe, or her meal time that consisted of her owner squirting liquid nutrition through a tube inserted into her stomach. I love animals, but part of loving them is knowing when to let go. I don't discriminate against Mia because she was different, I empathize with her. In her short life she underwent multiple surgical procedures, endured long hospital stays, and spent numerous nights away from her family. She was happy because she didn't know any better; she never experienced a "normal" dogs life. Her owners knew what she was missing and although they went to great lengths to give her a good life, they went too far. It is hard to know when to stop, after how many procedures, and how much money spent, but there has to be a stopping point. This is my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is no need to call others "pathetic" or “scum”. I am far from unemployed nor do I spend all my time on the computer looking for negativity. I am simply a concerned citizen that wants people to look at all aspects of the situation before donating money to a foundation that, in my opinion, let a dog suffer for too long.
Sorry to tell you but I met Mia personally and EVERYTHING you describe is just so false. Unless you were there and actually saw the real thing... you have no room to judge anyone. I pray to God that someday someone close to you doesn't have to be "PUT DOWN"
Lady Madden

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Susan Marit wrote:
<quoted text> Perhaps if your child had asthma or other respiratory trouble you should euthanize it...maybe save the world from people like you.
That is the stupidest statement I have ever seen from a woman's mouth... And yes, The Mia Foudation is nothing more than a business you fools, Get a life and try to support real causes and not the personal financial interests of the Rogers!
animal lover

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Lady Madden wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the stupidest statement I have ever seen from a woman's mouth... And yes, The Mia Foudation is nothing more than a business you fools, Get a life and try to support real causes and not the personal financial interests of the Rogers!
well lady madden why don't you show us some proof that the rogers profit from the foundation and that the money they get isn't spent on the animals they care for?love to see your proof.
The man

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

Did they stuff the dead mutt?
Ugly dog.
Stupid owners.
Idiot fans: never married over-weight unsightly women.
animal lover

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

The man wrote:
Did they stuff the dead mutt?
Ugly dog.
Stupid owners.
Idiot fans: never married over-weight unsightly women.
you are an awful person the man.i have never given a dime to the mia foundation and i could care less what they do with the money they get.but, to say these things about an innocent dog you are a spat.who never married an over weight unslightly woman?your words makes no sense at all.spat.
Mia friend

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Concerned Citizen wrote:
What they don't tell you is that Mia lived most of her life with respiratory problems. The poor dog suffered everyday just to breath. I understand these people loved her and wanted to save her but they were selfish in the long run by letting her suffer. Instead of humanely euthanizing her at the end they took her home and let her basically suffocate from the pneumonia.
I would just like to say how wrong you are with that post. Were you there??? No you weren't!!!! So how dare you even say that she suffered. I hope you never have to make a decision to let someone live or die. You may as well pull the plug!!!
Get your facts straight loser
Chris

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

To all the haters....Your're just jealous cause no one every showed you the love that Mia received from so many. Maybe you can channel your hate by trying to do something good for others. To attack a little dog and her owners for loving her is sad. Mia's love lives on and nothing you say will change that.
Foot Liquor

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Momma Mia....what a SPICY meataball.
Cheri

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Sounds like someone is jealous of all that The Mia Foundation has done for so many animals. Go back and hide under the rock you crawled out from underneath.
Concerned Citizen wrote:
What they don't tell you is that Mia lived most of her life with respiratory problems. The poor dog suffered everyday just to breath. I understand these people loved her and wanted to save her but they were selfish in the long run by letting her suffer. Instead of humanely euthanizing her at the end they took her home and let her basically suffocate from the pneumonia.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 52 of52
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pittsford Discussions

Search the Pittsford Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
UPDATE: Genesee St. shooting 15 min Archie Bunker 15
J-Mac: More than just a retard 49 min Alseegal Sentur 17
Jeremiah (racist)Wright in Roch. 1 hr Angelo 13
dawn marie viana (Jun '12) 1 hr ralph Sylvestre 7
Fat White Lady Steal Toy From Grave 2 hr johnny baker 7
New electric car charging stations in city 2 hr you never get it 4
Black Man named NY Army Guard's top enlisted so... 3 hr you never get it 5
•••
•••