New York Primary Election Sept 14: Wi...

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,769 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Teddy R

Canada

#6829 Jul 15, 2012
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to say if you look up the question "Is the U.S. a sovereign nation" you will find that most of the answers are that it IS a sovereign nation made up of sovereign states.
Ex. the United States, the nation (i.e. the federal government) and each state are considered sovereign. Among conflicts in which the concept comes into play are those between the federal and state governments (see states' rights states' rights, in U.S. history, doctrine based on the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, which states, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
This has been a subject of discussion for many many years.
And as for the people of the U.S. being sovereign you might want to look that one back up.
Most of the stuff I have read said that the U.S. does not recognize any of its citizens as being sovereign.
Have a nice night
Yeh. You're ignorant.

Sayonara.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#6830 Jul 15, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeh. You're ignorant.
Sayonara.
Just because I show you were you are wrong I am Ignorant?
As I said Just look up the question " is the U.S. a sovereign Nation" and most of the answers are that it is and it is made up of sovereign states.
Sorry if you didn't bother to look it up.
But it is there if you want to.
Typical right winger can't face it when somebody shows them the facts.
Have a good night

Location hidden

#6831 Jul 15, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeh. You're ignorant.
Sayonara.
That should have been WHERE not were missed the h.
Have a good night
Teddy R

Canada

#6832 Jul 15, 2012
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Just because I show you were you are wrong I am Ignorant?
As I said Just look up the question " is the U.S. a sovereign Nation" and most of the answers are that it is and it is made up of sovereign states.
Sorry if you didn't bother to look it up.
But it is there if you want to.
Typical right winger can't face it when somebody shows them the facts.
Have a good night
The US is a sovereign nation.

The sovereignity vests in the People and the States - not the US federal Government.

This is not a "right wing" or "Left Wing" truth. It is an American one.

I'm sorry you are incapable of grasping this.
massenainterest

Ithaca, NY

#6833 Jul 16, 2012
Teddy get over your anger,you will make asst. produce manager some day,probaby in 5 years or so.By the way 4 justices dissented on Bush V Gore,guess who got sworn in as president.4 justices dissented on citizens united,which overturned a century of campaign finance law,guess what,it's now legal too give tons of money.4 justices dissented when the Roberts court came up with an interpretation of the 2nd amendment that no other court had and guess what it's the law of the land.If you don't say squat when the court rules your way then don't whine when it doesn't,man up.The constitution says all it takes for a supreme court ruling is a simple majority,deciding one way or the other.Maybe you do need that civics' lesson after all.You clearly don't grasp how the SCOTUS works.Maybe if you spent less time on here and more time thinking of how to better the produce section at Wal-Mart,you'd get that Asst. mngr. job.Have you told them you have a masters in 15th century French poetry.
massenainterest

Ithaca, NY

#6834 Jul 16, 2012
Maybe a reading of the Federalist Papers would help Teddy,Oppresso and Templar boy understand the concept of how our govt. works.

Location hidden

#6835 Jul 16, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
The US is a sovereign nation.
The sovereignity vests in the People and the States - not the US federal Government.
This is not a "right wing" or "Left Wing" truth. It is an American one.
I'm sorry you are incapable of grasping this.
It seems to me that it is you that is incapable of grasping this.
Go back and read My post #6798 Where I said " The U.S. is a Sovereign [ Self-govrning, independent] Nation.
Then read YOUR post 6822.
In that post you said [ under what I said] " BZZZZZZ!!! WRONG!!"
" U.S. Fed. Government is not"
See I said that the U.S. was a sovereign Nation.
I did not say anything about the FED. Goev being sovereign YOU did.
I hope YOU will take some time and reread what you have posted.
Have a nice day
John

Bainbridge, NY

#6836 Jul 16, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
And the majority of the SCOTUS said slavery was legal, in Dred Scot.
This is a long way from over.
Actually Dred Scott v. Sanford (1857) Ruled that native-born blacks could never be citizens.

The SCOTUS ruled -

Bradwell v. Illinois (1873) The exclusion of women from legal practice.

Minor v. Happersett (1875) The 14th Amendment did not grant women the right to vote.

Muller v. Oregon (1908) Permitted sex discrimination in employment.

Buck v. Bell (1927) Ruled in favor of forced sterilization of "feeble-minded" and otherwise "defective" individuals.

And all of these have nothing to do with the health care bill.

What is your point?
massenainterest

Ithaca, NY

#6837 Jul 16, 2012
It only counts when they in,otherwise it's wrong.What they are really mad at is they have discovered that Obama can play rough and tumble politics.Romney was fine trashing and lying about Obama,then when Obama counterpunches he whines and demands an apology.Obama aint no John Kerry,theey wanted a fight and they got one.The Chicago crew doesn't believe in turn the other cheek.
massenainterest

Ithaca, NY

#6839 Jul 16, 2012
One more thing,how come when the repukes in the house voted to get ri of the health act,they refused to consider a motion to get rid of their Cadillac,taxpayer funded,triple A,lifetime guaranteed health plan and sign up for one like ordinary americans get.Can we say hypocrisy.If govt. health care is the evil they portray it as,why do they sign up for it?
John

Bainbridge, NY

#6840 Jul 16, 2012
massenainterest wrote:
It only counts when they in,otherwise it's wrong.What they are really mad at is they have discovered that Obama can play rough and tumble politics.Romney was fine trashing and lying about Obama,then when Obama counterpunches he whines and demands an apology.Obama aint no John Kerry,theey wanted a fight and they got one.The Chicago crew doesn't believe in turn the other cheek.
What would Romney do if he became President and a leader of another nation said something bad about him? Would he hide under his desk and cry?
massenainterest

Ithaca, NY

#6841 Jul 16, 2012
Probably.Hes been running around trashing Obama,putting out selectively edited Obama speeches,deliberately lying and now he cries foul.They have thought that ever since they swift boated Viet Nam war hero John Kerry,that it would work on everybody.Well they have just found out that the Chicago boys aint no stranger to rough and tumble politics.You pull a knife and they will pull a gun.Romney tried to have his cake and eat it to with Bain Capital,and now he has been found out.This attack is doing to Romney,what their attack did to Kerry,it's instilling doubts in the minds of fence sitters on Romneys character.And that's all that matters.Take him out with any tactic that works.This was invented by Newt and refined by Rove,so they have no one to blame but themselves.If you hit a man,don't whine when he hits you back, like Romney is doing,it makes him look like the pussy he is.
Cat in the Hat

United States

#6843 Jul 16, 2012
Vote republican or conservative and get the idiots out of office! Especially Obama!!
massenainterest

Ithaca, NY

#6844 Jul 16, 2012
Yes,that rebublican bush did such a great gjob.He turned a budget surplus into an 8.5 trilion dollar national debt,lied us into war with Iraq,expanded Medicare coverage and wouldn't raise taxes to pay or it,just like he did with the Iraq war.He borrowed the money from China and thats the reason we owe them so much.Yes tell me again how great republican businessmen are at running our economy.No thanks,I will be voting for Pres. Obama.
massenainterest

Ithaca, NY

#6845 Jul 16, 2012
As for state sovereignity,I read in high school,about a little conflict that occurred in America,between the years 1861 to 1865,called the civil war.Now I am pretty sure this settled who has the ultimate say between state sovereignity and Federal sovereignity when they come into conflict with each other.
John

Bainbridge, NY

#6846 Jul 16, 2012
Cat in the Hat wrote:
Vote republican or conservative and get the idiots out of office! Especially Obama!!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gNQRb61OvwE/TLzVB5h...
Teddy R

Vaughan, Canada

#6847 Jul 16, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Dred Scott v. Sanford (1857) Ruled that native-born blacks could never be citizens.
The SCOTUS ruled -
Bradwell v. Illinois (1873) The exclusion of women from legal practice.
Minor v. Happersett (1875) The 14th Amendment did not grant women the right to vote.
Muller v. Oregon (1908) Permitted sex discrimination in employment.
Buck v. Bell (1927) Ruled in favor of forced sterilization of "feeble-minded" and otherwise "defective" individuals.
And all of these have nothing to do with the health care bill.
What is your point?
My point? Simple.

The SCOTUS majority opinion found ObamaTAX unconstitutional in part.

4 SCOTUS Justices have made compelling arguments in Dissent that the individual mandate in ObamaTAX is unconstitutional.

These arguments do not go away - they are on the record.

SCOTUS decisions have been found to be outrageously in error before - and have subsequently been reversed by the SCOTUS itself or otherwise corrected by legislation or constitutional Amendment.

I cited Dred Scott - you've cited some other cases in point.

Like previous outrages, ObamaTAX will not stand, in my opinion.
Teddy R

Vaughan, Canada

#6848 Jul 16, 2012
massenainterest wrote:
So you're saying we should want a bunch of unprincipled Chicago thugs running the White House.

Got it.

Idiot.
Teddy R

Vaughan, Canada

#6849 Jul 16, 2012
massenainterest wrote:
As for state sovereignity,I read in high school,about a little conflict that occurred in America,between the years 1861 to 1865,called the civil war.Now I am pretty sure this settled who has the ultimate say between state sovereignity and Federal sovereignity when they come into conflict with each other.

Amazing - a half-way intelligent point emerges from Massena.

The Infinite Monkey Theorem proved, I suppose ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_...

Yes, the Union victory in the US Civil War established that the Constitution binds the several States into an indissolvable federation, and that secession from the Union by an individual state was unconstitutional.

No, it did nothing to alter the ultimate sovereignities of the States and the People as enshrined in the 10th Amendment, beyond the limited enumerated powers ceded to the federal Government under the Constitution.

So you're half right - credit where credit is due.
massenainterest

Ithaca, NY

#6850 Jul 16, 2012
Better check the 14th amend. Teddy.While you are at it check the civil rights movement.It clearly shows the fed. govt. using its powers to push aside state rights and sovereignity,to insure that all Americans are entitled to be treated equally.And the Scotus agreed with the tactics used by the fed.I clearly remember watching the news as Gov. Wallace was pushed aside by fed. troops and black students were admitted to the state university.So much for sovereignity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mexicans, Muslims, Women, LGBT's...Who's Next? 11 min IescapedNY 3
50% of the Local White Murderers Get Set Free 13 min Ha ha 6
Just looking at Crapchester,s weather forecast 15 min Ha ha 4
I'm depressed 25 min IescapedNY 10
Has Nickbo Been Banned From Topix?? (Dec '13) 2 hr IescapedNY 26
Lakeland, FL School Principal Arrested 3 hr IescapedNY 29
News Airport gets $1.1 million federal grant 4 hr IescapedNY 1

Pittsford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance