City of Rochester Kicks Off Hispanic Heritage Month

Sep 17, 2013 Full story: Rochester Democrat and Chronicle 29

The Hispanic Heritage Committee of Rochester is proud to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with series of events that highlight Latino Culture.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 Sep 17, 2013
Good job. Just don't vote one party line for tradition's sake, against our own interests. Vote for policies that grow businesses and jobs and fair legal immigration(don't reward illegal immigration-unfair to those who had to stand in line and jump through the hoops). The ideas that this nation was founded on, The Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, etc. all allowed you and I to flourish and prosper. The United States of America is a unique and special Nation, let us not change it into the very places we have escaped from.
I Know

Penfield, NY

#5 Sep 17, 2013
The first two comments were removed for our protection. I wish we had Utica's moderator.
Honest Observation

Rochester, NY

#7 Sep 17, 2013
the truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text>Sure does make someone wonder just who or what the moderators are doesn't it?
"They" are definately black and don't like to hear the truth.
Peter

Penfield, NY

#8 Sep 17, 2013
Honest Observation wrote:
<quoted text>
"They" are definately black and don't like to hear the truth.
Definitely not equal opportunity removals. We have the most chopped up forum in the U.S. What a mess.

Is there any mechanism to complain to Topix?
Steel City Steelers

Rochester, NY

#9 Sep 17, 2013
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely not equal opportunity removals. We have the most chopped up forum in the U.S. What a mess.
Is there any mechanism to complain to Topix?
They removed the first post from the RCSD assessment thread and I believe my #2 post was also removed. Interesting that the Roboblogger starts threads yet the moderator removes posts that weren't bad at all YET Classless can threaten people's lives and then post 2,000 times by copying and pasting oh then the endless off topic bible verses and no repercussions. Unreal.
Honest Observation

Rochester, NY

#10 Sep 17, 2013
Steel City Steelers wrote:
<quoted text>They removed the first post from the RCSD assessment thread and I believe my #2 post was also removed. Interesting that the Roboblogger starts threads yet the moderator removes posts that weren't bad at all YET Classless can threaten people's lives and then post 2,000 times by copying and pasting oh then the endless off topic bible verses and no repercussions. Unreal.
Notice Classless has been missing since the BLACK mass murderer went nutso(go figure)happens every time. I really worry that mental nut job could be next and am sure her kids could get all the guns she wants off the streets.
Luther

Atlanta, GA

#12 Sep 18, 2013
the truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text>SCS, did you noticed that CC has been missing for the last day or so? I have to wonder if Topix caught up with her or she got nailed by the GPD who she has been slandering for the last few weeks. Or could it be that the cops followed up on the complaint you filed for terrorist threats against her came back to bite her in the butt? Either way I hope she is history.
She's draggin' a metal cup across the bars at MC Jail.
Steve

Penfield, NY

#14 Sep 18, 2013
the truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't that be nice! Maybe she did get that visit from the GPD or the RPD after all.
I'll bet CC went down fighting, screaming that her civil rights were being violated. Anyone have a mugshot link? I want to see if they had to pepper spray her.
Steve

Penfield, NY

#15 Sep 18, 2013
So posts 1, 2 and 4 have been removed so far.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#16 Sep 18, 2013
Interesting. Certain opinions removed. I read them, they didn't seem over the top or anything, not more than some others that don't get removed. Can't we even have a discussion?
Steve

Penfield, NY

#17 Sep 18, 2013
Naughtyrobot wrote:
Interesting. Certain opinions removed. I read them, they didn't seem over the top or anything, not more than some others that don't get removed. Can't we even have a discussion?
It is comforting that someone else is protecting me from a barrage of comments I might find offensive. Now I'm no longer afraid to open dicey threads. Shirley Temple the moderator is making sure nothing upsets me. Life is good. Free speech is a thing of the past. The way we like it.
Steve

Penfield, NY

#19 Sep 18, 2013
the truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text>It sure looks that way doesn't it? As I said before when Topix starts to lose money they will do something about the problem. The bottom line always comes down to the almighty dollar.
I don't think we'll show up as so much of a blip. Advertisers probably buy placement for a block of forums, and hope for the best.

I have never clicked on an ad, doubt many others have either. They monetize this site by selling ads wholesale, and that won't change. The only way to fix it is to draw attention nationally, from external sites. If Topix gets bad press, they will fix the local problem, to insure revenue continues.
Need To Know

Rochester, NY

#21 Sep 18, 2013
the truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text>Post complaints on both the San Fran and the Palo Alto (Topix headquarters)threads. Seems like Topix takes notice of bias employees there and will check into the problem. At this point anything is worth a try. You are correct about the advertisers, they do buy ads in blocks, but they also buy by the region and the number of viewers on the site. Plus there aren't any companies that want to be tie to anything that could be bias and will pull their ads from that region in a heartbeat. IE: Lost revenue.
Subway Is A Local topix Addvertiser. Lets Boycott Subway.

Contact your local Subway and tell them you will boycott Subway untill topix investigates the biased Rochester NY moderators.

Let your local Subway know about these topix threads.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22 Sep 18, 2013
I will have to market Robot companionship on some other site.
Steel City Steelers

Rochester, NY

#25 Sep 19, 2013
Steel City Steelers wrote:

<quoted text>They removed the first post from the RCSD assessment thread and I believe my #2 post was also removed. Interesting that the Roboblogger starts threads yet the moderator removes posts that weren't bad at all YET Classless can threaten people's lives and then post 2,000 times by copying and pasting oh then the endless off topic bible verses and no repercussions. Unreal.

Love how this post, pointing out how my other post was removed was also removed! LOL! Nice try, Moderator. Here it is again! Get a grip on your Communist self, okay?
Uncle Ruckus

Rochester, NY

#26 Sep 19, 2013
the truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text>I don't like the idea to boycott any business, all that does is hurt the people that work there and it sure isn't their fault. But say that someone gets the local news involved by contacting them about a protest in advance? It seems to work for other groups. Just a thought.
You are no longer representative of the majority in the US. everyday more and more of your group dies off from old age. Please continue you to do so. Sooner rather than later.
I Know

Penfield, NY

#27 Sep 19, 2013
Everything gets removed... I would like to meet Aunt Bea, and hear her justification for mass removals.
I Know

Penfield, NY

#28 Sep 19, 2013
Uncle Ruckus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no longer representative of the majority in the US. everyday more and more of your group dies off from old age. Please continue you to do so. Sooner rather than later.
Problem is, the next generation won't be in a financial position to support you. You'll be on your own, and that will be a fail.
Uncle Ruckus

Rochester, NY

#29 Sep 19, 2013
I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is, the next generation won't be in a financial position to support you. You'll be on your own, and that will be a fail.
You do know whites receive more welfare/social assistance than all other demographics combined.
I Know

Penfield, NY

#30 Sep 19, 2013
Uncle Ruckus wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know whites receive more welfare/social assistance than all other demographics combined.
Suggest you better understand economics, politics and the finance arena before you make assessments on the welfare system. The black population in the U.S. is an endless sump.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Al Sharptoon 55 min Truth hurts liberals 1
Mayor demands answers on Castro firing 1 hr AbbyLee 8
White Woman Arrest For Running a Stolen Cow Ring 6 hr Country Boy 2
Why does Rich Funke Go to Canada? 8 hr DitulliosMojo 0
Wease and k and b 10 hr slammer 14
Bill Coby's message to the Cullerds 12 hr You heard me 33
10whec's new picture for stories of white crimi... 12 hr RacistFireCrotchB... 1
Pittsford Dating
Find my Match

Pittsford Jobs

Pittsford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pittsford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pittsford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]