Bausch and Lomb to lay off 1500 plus

Posted in the Pittsford Forum

Bart

Rochester, NY

#1 Jul 25, 2013
Its not long now before Rochester becomes the next Detroit. I still say Kodak will close the whole thing down soon. Then we have the colleges like the UofR and RIT. Its not worth going in debt $150,000 for a $10.00 an hour job. These colleges are the next to lay off.
Darlene

Pittsford, NY

#2 Jul 26, 2013
Bart wrote:
Its not long now before Rochester becomes the next Detroit. I still say Kodak will close the whole thing down soon. Then we have the colleges like the UofR and RIT. Its not worth going in debt $150,000 for a $10.00 an hour job. These colleges are the next to lay off.
Kodak yes, colleges no.

U of R is doing medical research, looking for new vaccines, cancer cures etc funded by federal grants and big pharma. They're not going anywhere, in fact, they're hiring MDs by the truckload.
Chuck

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jul 26, 2013
Darlene wrote:
<quoted text>
Kodak yes, colleges no.
U of R is doing medical research, looking for new vaccines, cancer cures etc funded by federal grants and big pharma. They're not going anywhere, in fact, they're hiring MDs by the truckload.
Times change. Just like Kodak was going no place. Its almost gone now. No money equlas no colleges and no research. Federal Grants? For how long? We are headed for a fiancial diasaster. The USA is bankrupt like Detroit. The fed keeps printing money out of thin air to keep this phoney economy running buying our debt that will never be paid off. How long before the dollar is worth nothing? 10 years from now it will be a differant America. Many of the buildings on Crittenden Blvd will be empty.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#4 Jul 26, 2013
Same with RIT. RIT has the National Institute for the deaf. That means that deaf folks from all over the country will come here (poor bastards) to go to college.
So I thing that fact alone will keep them in business.

But, the local population isn't as large as it used to be. People are leaving the state as the jobs migrate ... and families take their college bound kids with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governor Cuomo bans non-essential state travel ... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 5
Bunch of Whites Arrested in Suburban Drug Busts 4 hr LeroyJones 1
Lia Lando / 10WHEC (Jan '11) 4 hr PigPenBestFriend 165
Break room ratings 4 hr Slammer 166
3 time White Drunk Driver Doesn't Show Up to Ge... 9 hr WeCantBreathe 1
Overweight White Girl Steals a Workout DVD 9 hr WeCantBreathe 2
Nickbo13 cancels key note speech in Indiana ove... 9 hr nickbo13 1
More from around the web

Pittsford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE