Level-three sex offender not moving t...

Level-three sex offender not moving to Pittsford

There are 72 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Mar 24, 2009, titled Level-three sex offender not moving to Pittsford. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

State Police say a high-risk sex offender will not be moving to Pittsford. News 10NBC has learned Albert Dickerson, a level-three sex offender, will not be moving into a house on Woodland Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
THX1138

North Chili, NY

#1 Mar 24, 2009
It should be researched as to whether any laws, such as harassment, intimidation, etc, were violated by the neighbors in their actions against this man. Regardless of his actions, there was no legal reason he should have been forced to give up this housing because of his status as a sex offender.

To those who protested, shame on you for being ignorant reactionary bigots.
JDS65

Freeville, NY

#2 Mar 24, 2009
If he is a "High-Risk" Why is he being let free? Feet do travel. What is to stop him from walking or driving to a place that has more possible victims?
notnownotever

Rochester, NY

#3 Mar 24, 2009
yeah and you do not know how namy live there now. or bi men alot who go on line picking people up. should check out gay.com craigs list. men from pittsford. and then they should talk. they cheat on there wifes trust me and also post there pic there and on adam for adam. people are free tolive where ever they want as far as i am concern. i support this man good luck guy.
Sue

Ontario, NY

#4 Mar 24, 2009
This story has been blogged to death on the WHAM and D&C sites. Having read those blogs, it is apparent to me that the Pittsford residents who participated therein demonstrated nothing but entitlement, intolerance, arrogance and ignorance, excusing their bigotry with such arguments as "we work hard to live in nice neighborhoods" (oh, but the rest of us don't????) and "we don't deserve to live next to trash" (but we do???). If this is how the Pittsford Privileged loves thy neighbor, then I would rather eat glass than live within their perfect but Godforsaken city limits.
PITTSFORD RESIDENT

Batavia, NY

#5 Mar 24, 2009
we got what we wanted.now if you dont like it too bad.we pay our taxes not like you city scumbags who leech off the government all the time.
JAMES PEROTTI

Batavia, NY

#6 Mar 24, 2009
LEECH?
FREAKEN SNOB
Sue

Ontario, NY

#7 Mar 24, 2009
PITTSFORD RESIDENT wrote:
we got what we wanted.now if you dont like it too bad.we pay our taxes not like you city **** who leech off the government all the time.
see what I mean about Pittsford residents? You do your cause no good, you merely prove my point.
THX1138

North Chili, NY

#8 Mar 24, 2009
High risk does not mean 100% reoffense. It means around 20%. That number just went up now because you denied him housing. Stable housing, job, and community are the three greatest reducers of risk for sex offenders (and all criminals for that matter).

You made a lot of other people somewhere else be much less safe so you can think (not make, think) you are more safe. I guess you don't care as long as those other people are "city-dwellers", huh?

Idiots.
Northside

Batavia, NY

#9 Mar 24, 2009
Typical Pittsford snobs. What do you expect.
JAMES PEROTTI

Batavia, NY

#10 Mar 24, 2009
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
see what I mean about Pittsford residents? You do your cause no good, you merely prove my point.
I KNOW SUE I HAD TO BE IN PITSSFORD AREA SEVERAL TIMES AND THOSE PEOPLE REALLY MADE ME FEEL UNCOMFORABLE DOING AN ASSIGNMENT WHICH I HATE DOING ESPECIALLY BRIGHTON AREA I HAD AN OLD LADY GIVE ME THE MEANEST STARE YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE.THAT FACE WAS SO UGLY IT SCARED ME TO DEATH.
JAMES PEROTTI

Batavia, NY

#11 Mar 24, 2009
ATTENTION ALL REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS IF YOU REALLY WANT A PLACE TO LIVE PLEASE MOVE TO PITTSFORD THOSE PEOPLE REALLY DONT MIND YOU LIVING THERE AS LONG AS YOU STAY AWAY FROM THIER KIDS.
HOUSES FOR RENT IN PITTSFORD RENT STARTING AT 895.00 A MONTH PLUS YOUR OWN UNTILITIES
LETS SEE IF PITTSFORD RESIDENT LIKE THIS
JAMES PEROTTI

Batavia, NY

#12 Mar 24, 2009
HEY SUE ILL BETCHA ILL GET CUSSES OUT BY ONE OF THEM IN PITTSFORD WATCH AND SEE....
ANYONE WANNA BET?
JAMES PEROTTI

Batavia, NY

#13 Mar 24, 2009
PITTSFORD RESIDENTS CAN CONTACT ME IF THEY DONT LIKE MY POST AT
GRUMPY.7500@YAHOO.COM
Heidi Northrop

United States

#14 Mar 24, 2009
As a resident of Pittsford and a resident of Woodland rd. I am ashamed at how the neighborhood responded; out of fear and fear only. We are all guilty of something and we are all human. If we don't help each other out, even those who are ill, who else will? We breached the social human contract and I am so saddened by my neighbors actions. These are church going individuals who voluntarily participated in oppression. So Sad.."I am my brothers keeper"
good

Rochester, NY

#15 Mar 24, 2009
notnownotever wrote:
yeah and you do not know how namy live there now. or bi men alot who go on line picking people up. should check out gay.com craigs list. men from pittsford. and then they should talk. they cheat on there wifes trust me and also post there pic there and on adam for adam. people are free tolive where ever they want as far as i am concern. i support this man good luck guy.
Good! I'm glad you support him. what is your town? We can direct him there!
Sue

Ontario, NY

#16 Mar 25, 2009
Heidi Northrop wrote:
As a resident of Pittsford and a resident of Woodland rd. I am ashamed at how the neighborhood responded; o
Thank you, Heidi, for being brave enough to speak up. I;m glad there is at least one decent resident of that town... actually I know of two others, so that brings the total of to 3.
Sue

Ontario, NY

#17 Mar 25, 2009
JAMES PEROTTI wrote:
HEY SUE ILL BETCHA ILL GET CUSSES OUT BY ONE OF THEM IN PITTSFORD WATCH AND SEE....
ANYONE WANNA BET?
Maybe but maybe not. Now that they got what they want, they have probably abandoned the blog. They are probably feeling pretty smug, sitting by the pool with a drink and thinking of ways to cheat the maid on her wages.
JDS65

Freeville, NY

#18 Mar 25, 2009
Excuse me I don't live in Pittsford but since when do we sit around feeling sorry for a criminal who violated someone and caused them permanant damage for the rest of their life. As far as I am concerned sex offenders deserve exactly what they are getting. Labeled for life and if people don't want you living next door I don't think you can blame them. Sex offenders are monsters and deserve to be treated as such. Take your crazy misguided compassion somewhere else we are all stocked up here.
Pittsford Resident

Rochester, NY

#19 Mar 25, 2009
Heidi:

Why was Eric Pearlman's name on the petition. Please explain this.
Pittsford Resident

Rochester, NY

#20 Mar 25, 2009
Out pool is not open yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump May Get Peace Prize! 8 min Fred E 37
MaryAnne died last night 17 min IescapedNY 2
Messages To Rachel Barnhart (part 1) (Oct '17) 1 hr RachelsGonnaRach 48
News Irondequoit bar has liquor license suspended 1 hr Isaiah 19
Monroe County Opioid Plan 2 hr Isaiah 13
News Car Of Missing Couple Pulled From River; Bodies... 2 hr Isaiah 4
News Rochester judge Leticia Astacio suspended with pay 2 hr Isaiah 16

Pittsford Jobs

Personal Finance

Pittsford Mortgages