Alyce LaViolette is a Professional Vi...
Anne heflin

Chester, VA

#145 Apr 5, 2013
Martha wrote:
<quoted text>
She lives with her female "partner" in CA.
Absolutely agree.
Donna

Daniels, WV

#146 Apr 5, 2013
I don't know Ms Laviolette, but I did read her credentials and resume as well as reviews of her seminars, book, etc and she appears to have devoted her life, both as a professional and as a volunteer, to helping domestic abusers and their victims. She seems very well credentialed to me.
Victim X wrote:
Alyce is a typical government assigned expert who gets her work by courts and government. NOT because she's good at what she does. Similar to the armies of PVP lawyers who are forced on seniors in the name of defending them however their real goal often is to make money off them.
I agree that Alyce is most likely a lesbian (not saying that is bad) and this affects her judgement against men. Has she been in a real relationship with both a man and woman? She appears to constantly be spouting info from "the people I talk to" and from quotes in books. None of which make her an expert in my book.
The biggest sign is she is basing ALL her facts on what a well know and admitted LIAR has told her. She as an expert should know Jodi Arias is a psychopath and not a victim. Yet she can't see that, which further shows "she is not an expert". She's only a person who has spoke to a number of abuse victims, plus most are in government custody, jail, prison etc. Not the norm, plus the people she speaks to are in jail (for a reason). Most may be in denial. So getting a one sided story from guilty people who won't admit they did something wrong is not basis for fact.
Dr G

Ada, OK

#147 Apr 5, 2013
Cock A Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>
I read elsewhere that Jodi's younger "4:20" brother wrote on social media that his sister made the tape so she could use it to discourage the other women who might want to date Travis.
I don't believe the rope story either...that they switched to rope because twine was painful. I guess they are too ignorant or naive to know about scarves, soft handcuffs or other restraints that would be more comfortable. Have they ever heard of "rope burns"? I'm beginning to believe she is as dumb as a box full of hammers. Her mother said she was into the 4:20 scene just like her younger brother and maybe her sister too. I hate to think about the Jodi 2.0, her younger sister who looks a lot like JA. I saw this sister in court with her trashy-looking, gum chewing mother. What was the purpose of having her younger sister there when the explicit, graphic sex tape audio was played for the jury? Had the sister already heard the tape? Obviously, an even younger brother knew about the "sex tape"...what a family. Can they quarantine the whole stinking family? How can Alyce LaViolette be involved in protecting ...I can not even finish.
You portray the family well!
Arias had to produce an imaginary rope story in order to justify a knife being there to cut it after the seductive fun stuff. She did testify that the rope was easy to slip from; so why have a knife ready:... conflicting stories, huh? No knife was needed to cut a rope...there was no rope... She did bring a knife or got one from the kitchen... From my impressions of his style of living, Travis must have had some nice cutlery too!!!
trish

Houston, TX

#148 Apr 5, 2013
I agree with everything that has been written here, this woman clearly hates men, she snarls when she says anything Travis may have done!!!
Travis was in the prime of his life, why should he not like women, lie a little about his wealth, what a joke, nothing I mean nothing he did will ever compare with the way he was so brutaly murdered by Jodi.
At first I was hoping Mr. Martinez would go easy on this old bat, but after hearing her smugly berate Travis I hope he reams her from one end to the other. As soon as Mr. Martinez started talking to her she got her smug Jodi attitude and did not want to answer questions, because she doesn't want to be talked to like the dog she is.
How can anyone slander someone that is dead and can not defend himself. Mr. Martinez was mad, yes he was, like he asked her who is the victim Travis or Jodi and she said JODI!!!!!!!!
MacB

Los Angeles, CA

#149 Apr 5, 2013
Maybe the prosecutor's outrage is an appropriate response to hearing a murder victim baselessly smeared by 'experts' who never even bothered to get any information from objective witnesses, and relied solely on the word of a known manipulator and pathological liar, then repeated those lies in court as if they were fact. Because, it actually is an outrage and terrible disservice to the true victim in this case.
Jake wrote:
Alyce marital status is none of anybody's business. Martinez does not have a ring on his finger either but he sounds like an abusive person. So really, we cannot put down Alyce when she is a qualified court expert witness just because she is for the defense. If she was for the prosecutor, my guess is no one here would trash her like this. We are not on the stand, so we can say and trash people we don't know because there are no consequences for us. Imagine yourselves on the stand and the same people here trashing you about your hair, your looks, your testimony, your expertise, your marital status and making up stories as "man hater" etc. It is so debasing as a society to be this low and it seems like you guys like it. It sounds like a mob or herd mentality to be lynching someone you don't know and who has helped saved many lives and marriages in her years of practice.
Dr G

Ada, OK

#150 Apr 5, 2013
UZZA BUZZA wrote:
<quoted text>Good Post.
I partially blame Stephens for letting her go on and on. ALV should know you don't testify that way. You are opening the door for the State.
I don't feel sorry for her, she made her bed!
How she can go on and on about someone she never interviewed is beyond me and VERY unprofessional.
Maybe that's one of the reason she lost her license.
5 other Expert witnesses turned this down before Ol ALV bit. That speaks volumes to me!
UZZA... All this points to desperation, doesn't it. Martinez already refused a guilty plea to take the death penalty off the table. They are doing anything and everything to stumble this jury and save her life. Juror #5 is really mad they removed her... she want to shout "Guilty, Guilty, Guilty," but the judge has silenced her with threat of a contempt charge. Booooooo....
Dr G

Ada, OK

#151 Apr 5, 2013
Not Fooled wrote:
I had a family member who was a borderline personality and I recognise much of what is going on. They have an almost super-human ability to manipulate and suck people in - just as JA has done with LaViolet and Dr. Boo Boo, who in my opinion are using this trial to satisfy some of their own peculiar emotional needs. People with BPD, like JA are dangerous emotional vampires. Lying is their modes operandi. I hope the prosecutor can expose this whole distasteful farce and conclude it sooner than later.
Wow! Belize! This thing is all over the place now. Good syntax as well. You are echoing many posters...
Dr G

Ada, OK

#152 Apr 5, 2013
I withheld responding to another poster with the following, but here are some notes that are worth considering...don't want to call out anyone.

One needs to understand that a trial such as this is "theater." All the hairdoo changes, no makeup, and looking at the jury as you talk are all done for effect to portray innocence. If ALV was a prosecutorial witness, which she would never be, the defense would try to stone her into oblivion. Many murder 1 trials give the defense lots of latitude. Perhaps this woman has helped many people, but she stated that much of her work is in testimony now, for both sides of cases. Her bias is boldly apparent. I do not see any mob mentally on this forum; most posts refer to the facts, but some are drinking the kool-aid and clouding judgement with emotion.

“LEST WE FORGET...”

Since: Apr 09

MT DORA FL

#153 Apr 5, 2013
Daniel Burke wrote:
Alyce is a sad old lesbian who probably never had a real relationship. I wonder where all the man hating bias comes from? She reminds me of the quintisential old bull dyke reading to the gals from a psych 101 college text book. She's likin' that 'poopsie' little defense atty and she's lovin' sexy little Jodi. When I was a young man my older brother told me, "be sure the f'n you're getting is worth the f'n you're taking." Poor Travis liked what he was getting and was wearing it out but when he was done he couldn't stand being around her in the end (no pun intended). When the Cancun trip without her came up she cracked and decided to put a knife in his chest. Man, I'll bet he was suprised. For sure, he was a hound, but he didn't deserve to be killed for it.
Travis had originally intended for JA to go to Cancun and then he changed the ticket and put Mimi on instead. Took some doing for him to change the ticket, too. Can't remember where I read this. Motive number 63???
Amanda

Elgin, OK

#154 Apr 5, 2013
Cock a Doodle wrote:
p.s. This "crooked" finger doesn't keep her from doing handstands, tending bar, writing, shooting, stabbing, driving 2,800 miles round trip or anything else. There is no proof Travis caused this except her word and everyone knows how much that is worth.
How many days are they going to spend total on her slightly crooked ring finger?
I think her 'injury' is more likely a cut tendon she received while stabbing Travis. His friends noted that she had band aids on her fingers the day after.
Natasha

Hollywood, FL

#155 Apr 5, 2013
Jake wrote:
Alyce marital status is none of anybody's business. Martinez does not have a ring on his finger either but he sounds like an abusive person. So really, we cannot put down Alyce when she is a qualified court expert witness just because she is for the defense. If she was for the prosecutor, my guess is no one here would trash her like this. We are not on the stand, so we can say and trash people we don't know because there are no consequences for us. Imagine yourselves on the stand and the same people here trashing you about your hair, your looks, your testimony, your expertise, your marital status and making up stories as "man hater" etc. It is so debasing as a society to be this low and it seems like you guys like it. It sounds like a mob or herd mentality to be lynching someone you don't know and who has helped saved many lives and marriages in her years of practice.


If LaV was for the prosecutor she would be telling the truth.Not making Jodi appear to be the victim. She is using all the info. she is getting from a psychopath. Let us not forget that this petite Jodi killed Travis a man twice her size. Maybe LaV has helped people in the past, however she is lying now. How dare she speak of Travis in such a bad light. I don't care about her sexual preference, her hair or any of this stuff. I care that Travis is dead. LaV nor Jodi could give a dam.
Natasha

Hollywood, FL

#156 Apr 5, 2013
MacB wrote:
I think what's underneath the venom directed at Alyce LaViolette is the fact that both she and Samuels are a disgrace to their professions, and they are trashing the character of the victim based on nothing but the words and writings of a known deceitful self-serving liar. They're not being objective or accurate and had they been more thorough in their interviews and investigation, they could not in good conscience be participating in the massacre of the victim for the second time - so they just didn't look. If the gender roles were reversed, I have no doubt that LaViolette would be singing an entirely different tune (based on my objective research and review of her writings and website).
The outrage is a justified result of the demonstrated lack of professional integrity, breach of professional ethics, efforts to mislead the jury as to commonly accepted psychological antecedents and their effects, absence of objective standards, and obvious bias in willingness to overlook faults in the defendant while inventing or supporting a pathological liar's inventions in a concerted effort to baselessly vilify the victim of a heinous crime. If she wasn't doing that, people probably wouldn't be mocking her silly hairdo.
<quoted text>
YOU ARE EXACTLY ON TARGET!!!!!! THANK YOU
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

#157 Apr 5, 2013
MacB wrote:
I think what's underneath the venom directed at Alyce LaViolette is the fact that both she and Samuels are a disgrace to their professions, and they are trashing the character of the victim based on nothing but the words and writings of a known deceitful self-serving liar. They're not being objective or accurate and had they been more thorough in their interviews and investigation, they could not in good conscience be participating in the massacre of the victim for the second time - so they just didn't look. If the gender roles were reversed, I have no doubt that LaViolette would be singing an entirely different tune (based on my objective research and review of her writings and website).
The outrage is a justified result of the demonstrated lack of professional integrity, breach of professional ethics, efforts to mislead the jury as to commonly accepted psychological antecedents and their effects, absence of objective standards, and obvious bias in willingness to overlook faults in the defendant while inventing or supporting a pathological liar's inventions in a concerted effort to baselessly vilify the victim of a heinous crime. If she wasn't doing that, people probably wouldn't be mocking her silly hairdo.
<quoted text>
The only "voice" that Travis has in the courtroom is the phone conversation that Jodi recorded without his knowledge. She seems to be fascinated with being recorded. When Detective Flores was interviewing her, she wanted him to do an audio recording of their session. It was already being videotaped. She tried to play head games with Detective Flores, but, just like Juan Martinez, he is very good at his profession. I can't believe Alyce was saying things like Snow White lived in a cute little cottage. Alyce also said that she did not know the age of the dwarfs. She also stated she used the title Show White was a Battered Woman because it was "catchy"...It also gives her an opportunity to sing during her presentation. It was disappointing that court ended so quickly on Thursday when
Mr. Martinez had his opportunity to ask her questions. Will she be sick on Monday? Nancy Grace said she had not seen someone leave abruptly like Alyce did earlier in the week. I don't believe she was ill. I think she realized that she was not up to continuing the rest of the afternoon even though it was Willmott asking her questions? Willmott dresses for the occasion with the whole suit action and heels. She is the one who stood for hours. All Alyce had to do was sit on her behind and mostly say yes. Honestly, I went to sleep when Willmott was questioning Alyce. The testimony was tedious, followed a slow-moving time line and Willmott kept repeating the alleged abuse that Jodi claimed. There was no actual proof of the abuse other than Jodi's journals and probably maybe some written correspondence. One has to remember she hacked into things and sent texts from his phone, pretending she was him. I think she even sent texts to her phone from his phone after she killed him to make it appear he was still alive.

I keep expecting expecting Alyce to break into:

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
I work all night and I sleep all day...

She likes song and dance routines.
John

Punxsutawney, PA

#158 Apr 5, 2013
Did you see the clip of Alyce hugging her ugly lesbian girlfriend as she left the courtroom on Thursday? Apparently both Alyce and Dr. Fog Samuels were completely smitten by psychopathic Jodi. Nobody could be so gullible to believe Jodi's lies. They have sexual attraction to Jodi.

Was Alyce experiencing alcohol withdrawal on Wednesday? Why did she have to leave the courtroom after having obvious tremors Wed. morning?
John

Punxsutawney, PA

#159 Apr 5, 2013
Donna wrote:
I don't know Ms Laviolette, but I did read her credentials and resume as well as reviews of her seminars, book, etc and she appears to have devoted her life, both as a professional and as a volunteer, to helping domestic abusers and their victims. She seems very well credentialed to me.
<quoted text>
Reread LaViolette's CV. Notice the lack of recent continuing professional education.
John

Punxsutawney, PA

#160 Apr 5, 2013
MacB wrote:
I think what's underneath the venom directed at Alyce LaViolette is the fact that both she and Samuels are a disgrace to their professions, and they are trashing the character of the victim based on nothing but the words and writings of a known deceitful self-serving liar. They're not being objective or accurate and had they been more thorough in their interviews and investigation, they could not in good conscience be participating in the massacre of the victim for the second time - so they just didn't look. If the gender roles were reversed, I have no doubt that LaViolette would be singing an entirely different tune (based on my objective research and review of her writings and website).
The outrage is a justified result of the demonstrated lack of professional integrity, breach of professional ethics, efforts to mislead the jury as to commonly accepted psychological antecedents and their effects, absence of objective standards, and obvious bias in willingness to overlook faults in the defendant while inventing or supporting a pathological liar's inventions in a concerted effort to baselessly vilify the victim of a heinous crime. If she wasn't doing that, people probably wouldn't be mocking her silly hairdo.
<quoted text>
Silly hairdo? Oh, wow. All this time I thought she had an accident with her weed whacker.
John

Punxsutawney, PA

#162 Apr 5, 2013
Read the news articles about Arias' lesbo lover, Marissa Reese DeVault's crime. Jodi took multiple fragments of Marissa's story (she bludgeoned her husband to death with a claw hammer) and incorporated them into her "story".
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

#163 Apr 5, 2013
http://www.endabuselb.org/Schedule.htm

Her credentials are M.S., MFCC

Just to be clear, Alyce is not a doctorate level professional. Alyce is
not an M.D. level professional. Her presentations give continuing education credits.
Cock A Doodle

Spring, TX

#164 Apr 6, 2013
whataboutcaylee wrote:
<quoted text>
Travis had originally intended for JA to go to Cancun and then he changed the ticket and put Mimi on instead. Took some doing for him to change the ticket, too. Can't remember where I read this. Motive number 63???
According to the "sex tape" recorded by Arias, Travis was supposed to go with her to Crater Lake. She asked him about his travel and wanted to know if he was going to drive or fly. At one point, he said something about flying in to see some friends. He further stated he was planning a trip to Washington D.C. and another to Argentina. She seemed obsessed in making sure that he was going to visit her before he went to Cancun. For whatever reason, Travis cancelled the trip to see her and to do the Crater Lake/Shakespeare adventure. She told Detective Flores that Travis had met the woman he wanted to marry. I can't really find any information on Mimi Hall. I'm interested as to what happened to her following the death of Travis. I believe she is the one who made the 911 call after she and some of Travis's other friends found Travis's lifeless decomposing body in his shower. i think Jodi is satanic in that she wanted someone other than authorities to find Travis's body or she would have called 911. She couldn't risk that, so she just left and moved on to Ryan Burns after driving from Mesa, Az to somewhere around Salt Lake City, Utah.
Cock a Doodle

Spring, TX

#165 Apr 6, 2013
Dr G wrote:
I withheld responding to another poster with the following, but here are some notes that are worth considering...don't want to call out anyone.
One needs to understand that a trial such as this is "theater." All the hairdoo changes, no makeup, and looking at the jury as you talk are all done for effect to portray innocence. If ALV was a prosecutorial witness, which she would never be, the defense would try to stone her into oblivion. Many murder 1 trials give the defense lots of latitude. Perhaps this woman has helped many people, but she stated that much of her work is in testimony now, for both sides of cases. Her bias is boldly apparent. I do not see any mob mentally on this forum; most posts refer to the facts, but some are drinking the kool-aid and clouding judgement with emotion.
In all fairness, I went and listened to Alyce LaViolette with her 1 hour and 20 min presentation about gender roles. She spoke about raising boy girl children and getting her daughter her truck and her son some toy in the girl's section. She claims back then, toy sections were labeled and separate for boys and girls. If she had been the mother of the homosexual or bisexual Anthony DeBaekeland, no doubt that story would have had a happy ending instead of it ending with the son stabbing the mother in the heart and saying he felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. I wonder if Alyce has ever graduated from fairytales like "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" and has actually watched movies like "Savage Grace" based on a true life story. Alyce has her book or books available for sell at her seminars. There is a LaViolette that lives in a 5 million dollar home with 13 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms. Is she possibly that successful?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Searching for my brother Clinton. May 10 balance50 1
News Werewolves in Maine? (Sep '13) Apr 26 Joe 5
News Newport, Plymouth residents hear need for loan ... (Mar '13) Feb '16 wilson 17
Looking for Lorne Armstrong Dec '15 SaintLorne 1
the mess on commercial st (May '15) May '15 resident 1
News Surveillance footage, Facebook posting leads to... (May '15) May '15 resident 1
News Colby food service chief's efforts to eradicate... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Juysey 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages