Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Assoc. Justice Wm. Hadley has rendered a decision in the Nilan appeal.
According to court personnel at the Justice’s Springfield office, the Justice's decision was mailed to the Criminal Clerk at Pittsfield District Court and should be available for release to the public Monday after all parties involved are formally notified.
Dio

Feeding Hills, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Which means the Berkshire Beagle will print it a week later. As The King of Saturday's B-section says, "The wheels of justice grind slowly". I'm still reeling from his "Fickle mistress" remark a couple weeks back. I love The Beserkshires. Well, in some ways.
Spice a rama

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

Dio wrote:
Which means the Berkshire Beagle will print it a week later. As The King of Saturday's B-section says, "The wheels of justice grind slowly". I'm still reeling from his "Fickle mistress" remark a couple weeks back. I love The Beserkshires. Well, in some ways.
Maybe not. If the decision has gone in Nilans favor the Eagle may have it printed up by now. The GOB folk will want to rub this in the face of every decent law abiding citizen in the county....just to flaunt their power. Neither they nor the Berkshire Eagle give two shicks about the common man and if you have been following this case you could not miss that fact.
JIM MOONEY

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Judged:

in the court of public opinon Peter Moore wins in the real court were it counts he will lose because Nilans rule!!!!
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

The below newspaper account by Andrew Amelinckx in today's (Saturday's) Berkshire Eagle directly conflicts with the information I was given Friday afternoon (Feb. 10) on or about 4:10 p.m. by Springfield Court personnel.
It was confirmed to me by court personnel contacted in 'The Judge's Lobby' that a decision in re the Nilan appeal had indeed been rendered and that said decision was mailed Friday to District Court officials in Pittsfield.
If Eagle reporter Amelinckx wishes to contact me for verification, I will be happy to provide to him the name of the individual at Springfield District Court who provided this information to me.
Mr. Amelinckx can contact me via email at editor @ berkshirerecord. com and he should provide me with a phone number where he can be reached.

----------

'No ruling yet on Nilan crash appeal'
By Andrew Amelinckx, Berkshire Eagle Staff,

Saturday February 11, 2012

PITTSFIELD -- A Springfield judge has yet to make a ruling on the appeal of an alleged hit-and-run case involving the 24-year-old daughter of Berkshire Superior Court’s chief of probation.

According to court officials, Springfield District Court Judge William P. Hadley has been reviewing the case against Meredith Nilan of Pittsfield for about three weeks. A decision was expected this week, but did not occur.

On Thursday, Hadley asked for further information on the case to be sent to him. It is unclear exactly what he requested.
---TRUNCATED---
pending poop

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
The below newspaper account by Andrew Amelinckx in today's (Saturday's) Berkshire Eagle directly conflicts with the information I was given Friday afternoon (Feb. 10) on or about 4:10 p.m. by Springfield Court personnel.
It was confirmed to me by court personnel contacted in 'The Judge's Lobby' that a decision in re the Nilan appeal had indeed been rendered and that said decision was mailed Friday to District Court officials in Pittsfield.
If Eagle reporter Amelinckx wishes to contact me for verification, I will be happy to provide to him the name of the individual at Springfield District Court who provided this information to me.
Mr. Amelinckx can contact me via email at editor @ berkshirerecord. com and he should provide me with a phone number where he can be reached.
----------
PITTSFIELD -- A Springfield judge has yet to make a ruling on the appeal of an alleged hit-and-run case involving the 24-year-old daughter of Berkshire Superior Court’s chief of probation.
According to court officials, Springfield District Court Judge William P. Hadley has been reviewing the case against Meredith Nilan of Pittsfield for about three weeks. A decision was expected this week, but did not occur.
On Thursday, Hadley asked for further information on the case to be sent to him. It is unclear exactly what he requested.
---TRUNCATED---
Maybe they are trying to cover for the fact that even if they do have the info they will not want to release it. If the case is white washed the backlash will be viral.

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

pending poop wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they are trying to cover for the fact that even if they do have the info they will not want to release it. If the case is white washed the backlash will be viral.
Just a few minutes ago I attempted to post a comment on The Berkshire Eagle's Disqus page as to the blatant inaccuracy of reporter Amelinckx's article, but received the following message:“Sorry, you have been blocked from commenting on this site.”
Fool

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Heller, can you reset your IP. That works. Or go to a library nd use another disqus ID

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Fool wrote:
Heller, can you reset your IP. That works. Or go to a library nd use another disqus ID
What's the point?
The Eagle's censors will just delete and block my posts again.
They are adverse to facts over there.
Fool

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

True. But at least you could say it got to them

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

Byrnes’ Decision in Nilan Show-Cause Reversed: Justice Hadley Allows Motion for Redetermination of Application For Criminal Complaint

New Hearing to be Scheduled

by G.M. Heller
Posted to Topix: Monday, February 13, 2012, 09:39 a.m.

Springfield, Mass.—- Massachusetts Associate Justice William P. Hadley ruled Friday that he will allow the motion by Pittsfield Police for redetermination of the application for criminal complaint filed against Meredith Nilan in the matter of a hit-run accident in which jogger Peter Moore was severely injured December 8, 2011.
The Justice’s ruling overturns a decision made in January by Asst. Clerk-Magistrate Nathan A. Byrnes, who was brought in from outside Berkshire County to preside at the show-cause hearing for defendant Nilan whose father is Clifford J. Nilan, chief of probation for the Berkshire Superior Court Probation Department.

The Berkshire Eagle misreported this past Saturday in an article headlined ‘No ruling yet on Nilan crash appeal’ written by reporter Andrew Amelinckx that:“A Springfield judge has yet to make a ruling on the appeal of an alleged hit-and-run case involving the 24-year-old daughter of Berkshire Superior Court’s chief of probation.”
The Eagle went on to misreport that:“A decision was expected this week, but did not occur.”

In fact, Justice Hadley issued his ruling Friday at which time it was mailed to the Criminal Clerk at Pittsfield District Court for dissemination to all parties involved.

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

SEE:
'Byrnes’ Decision in Nilan Show-Cause Reversed: Justice Hadley Allows Motion for Redetermination of Application For Criminal Complaint', by G.M. Heller:
http://tinyurl.com/79nxpdf
Gob

Wilbraham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

Great job Glen
Molly

Chester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

Fool wrote:
That would mean that Heller would have to leave his cave No chance of that happening!
Molly

Chester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

SEE:
'Byrnes’ Decision in Nilan Show-Cause Reversed: Justice Hadley Allows Motion for Redetermination of Application For Criminal Complaint', by G.M. Heller:
http://tinyurl.com/79nxpdf
GREAT NEWS! Now if we can just get Heller to pay his thousands of dollars in fines Life will be good!
too bad

Williamstown, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

Molly wrote:
<quoted text> GREAT NEWS! Now if we can just get Heller to pay his thousands of dollars in fines Life will be good!
kinda funny people have no problems picking on heller but lets not pick on merideath funny in how the law works and this post. you just mention nilans the topix is taking off the site completely. what worst though both are bad but one is differently worst and that one would be running a man and his dog down and leaving the scene. nothing about heller is ever taking off the topix why is that????
bad apples

Williamstown, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Judged:

Molly wrote:
<quoted text>That would mean that Heller would have to leave his cave No chance of that happening!
Are you a friend of Merideath because it sound like you could be one of the 60 worst young adults in the area. Maybe one of the 60 should come out of their cave and just tell the truth and stop the city of pittsfield from going down hill fast with a bunch of lies to protect someone that is not worth lieing for..
the Nilans

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

----------
---TRUNCATED---
Who knows when the Eagle receieved their information on the status of the Nilan decision. Isn't it quite possible the information the Eagle printed in the Saturday edition is a week or two old? After all it took more than five years to report anything about Angelo Stracuzzi.
Molly

Chester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

bad apples wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a friend of Merideath because it sound like you could be one of the 60 worst young adults in the area. Maybe one of the 60 should come out of their cave and just tell the truth and stop the city of pittsfield from going down hill fast with a bunch of lies to protect someone that is not worth lieing for..
Yes I was there. No lies Not drunk Stayed 1 hr anything else?
pink elephants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Knowing how corrupt the court system is Meredeath Nilan if found guilty will probably not be required to pay a victim/witness fee or a head injury fee.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pittsfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pittsfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••