Board mum on Stracuzzi exit

Board mum on Stracuzzi exit

There are 90 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jun 23, 2010, titled Board mum on Stracuzzi exit. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

The Greylock Federal Credit Union still won't say if Angelo C. Stracuzzi voluntarily resigned as president and CEO or if he was asked to step down by the board of directors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Fire the whole board

Berne, NY

#1 Jun 23, 2010
I am calling on all members of the GFCU to demand that the entire board resign, effective immediately.

We are tired of the same old nonsense! Treat us with respect or get out. We have zero confidence in your ability to handle our money as long as you continue to obfuscate and cover up your actions.

Do the right thing NOW!
Worried

Santa Clara, CA

#2 Jun 23, 2010
I do not see that occuring
Mrs Grundy

United States

#3 Jun 23, 2010
Angelo Stracuzzi and his attorney, Michael McDonald, went for Gold and acheived it! Way to go, guys.

We all have that snake in the ground, State Rep. and sheriff candidate Dan Bosley, to thank for Mr. Stracuzzi's misfortunes. Without friends like Mr. Bosley, who the hell needs a personal nemesis.

May be it's about time the tidal wave of personal destruction turn on Mr. Bosley. He's as dirty as the crap on the bottom of my shoes.

I am hoping Cliffy Nilan stands up and holds himself accountable to the Mass. Probation Department's investigation/ probe. Mr. Nilan is one of the best of the best. Perhaps he's in a unique positon to turn the tide on Mr. Bosley? One can only hope for small miracles.

Adopting MSNBC's Keith Olbermann's nightly "World's Worst" award to deserving recipients:

Sheriff candidate and State Rep. Dan Bosley is "today's worse, worser and Worst persons is the [whole freaking] World!"
Enough

Pittsfield, MA

#6 Jun 23, 2010
Also disturbing to learn John Bissell declines comment on possible severance package for his former boss. Why isn't ANYONE ready to level with GFCU members? The everything is great now and don't dwell on the past approach does nothing to restore my confidence. Let's begin by accepting the resignation of the ENTIRE board.
Organized opposition

Berne, NY

#7 Jun 23, 2010
Is there any organized opposition to these clowns? I would like to sign a petition or something. The management of GFCU must begin working for the membership and not their golf buddies.
Reliable

Pittsfield, MA

#9 Jun 23, 2010
It is unreasonable that the entire board resign. They say they didn't know, then they didn't know. Or is everyone in this County that touches or knows anyone who has had legal problems tainted too?

The "witch hunt" is alive and well in Berkshire County.
Ha ha ha ha

Berne, NY

#10 Jun 23, 2010
Reliable wrote:
They say they didn't know, then they didn't know.
Reliable? Old reliable. An old reliable sheep.

Stracuzzi says he picked up a hitchhiker. You believe that, too.
Nancy

New York, NY

#11 Jun 23, 2010
As a member of the "member owned" Greylock Federal I deserve to know if Mr Stracuzzi received a severence package or not.
2cents

Northville, NY

#12 Jun 23, 2010
I can accept the fact that they did not know what happened. For that reason, I can give them the benefit of the doubt and keep them on the board.

BUT...

I cannot accept the fact we are not told what, if any, severance he received. For that, they should be forced to resign.

What ever happened to "people owned" credit union?

What ever happened to those nice little dividend checks we used to receive?

The board members need to step up, have a voice, and put this behind them.

This will NOT go away. You will lose members quickly if you don't make a statement - with some information in it - not just "we are looking into it".
eagle

Berkshire, MA

#13 Jun 23, 2010
eagle
marketing 101

Newington, CT

#14 Jun 23, 2010
And how much is this campaign costing GFCU?

http://www.cutimes.com/News/2010/6/Pages/Grey...
2cents wrote:
I can accept the fact that they did not know what happened. For that reason, I can give them the benefit of the doubt and keep them on the board.
BUT...
I cannot accept the fact we are not told what, if any, severance he received. For that, they should be forced to resign.
What ever happened to "people owned" credit union?
What ever happened to those nice little dividend checks we used to receive?
The board members need to step up, have a voice, and put this behind them.
This will NOT go away. You will lose members quickly if you don't make a statement - with some information in it - not just "we are looking into it".
spike

Albany, NY

#15 Jun 23, 2010
I shall relocate my finances elsewhere
A Citizen

Boston, MA

#16 Jun 23, 2010
Stracuzzi appears to be a dirtbag, but this article is pretty disingenuous.

Anyone with two seconds of experience in financial services knows that the rule cited here is for fraud or embezzlement or other crimes related to misappropriation of funds or breach of fiduciary duty.

It's not designed to bar people who get into fistfights from working for credit unions.

Or even pedophiles, for that matter. If that's what some posters here are claiming Stracuzzi secretly is.

Of course, I doubt any credit union would WANT to employ someone in that situation - it's just that it's not an offense that is directly covered by the rule.
Too Easy

United States

#18 Jun 23, 2010
First of All I am NOT a GFCU Credit Union member. However the members of that Credit Union do deserve the right to know what if any severance package Mr Stracuzzi did or didn't receive....they do have a right to know one way or the other. If the Board did not know about Stracuzzi's incident's in 2005, then Mr. Nilan personally deceived his fellow board members by not disclosing the information. His loyalty to his friend out wieghed his obligation to the GFCU and the members of the credit union. Mr Nilan as a board member, had an obligation to tell the rest of the Board......I wonder did Mr Stracuzzi maybe fund a new deck or a new car for Mr Nilan to keep his silence?? There is much more to this story...the real question is...is anyone going to do anything about it. If I were a GFCU member, I would demand answer from the Board or at the very least some honesty from the folks you entrust with your money. I personally wouldn't trust them anymore and would want some shake up on the Board....maybe the roles of the Board members should change...that way if there is anything unknown at this time...it might be determined before there is another scandal. Just another Berkshire County resident that can't believe the idiots that we leave in charge......Have a great day. Too Easy
Ughhh

Adams, MA

#19 Jun 23, 2010
GFCU inked a deal $750K for Stracuzzi and a no comment policy moving forward. Evidently Angelo knows where a few more skeletons are hidden, to include GFCU not declaring gifts to Ruberto during his campaign. Ruberto got WAY more than $50 worth of service from GFCU at the direction of Bissell. I wonder why the Eagle isn't reporting on this?
Where is the outrage?
Ughhh

Adams, MA

#20 Jun 23, 2010
A Citizen wrote:
Stracuzzi appears to be a dirtbag, but this article is pretty disingenuous.
Anyone with two seconds of experience in financial services knows that the rule cited here is for fraud or embezzlement or other crimes related to misappropriation of funds or breach of fiduciary duty.
It's not designed to bar people who get into fistfights from working for credit unions.
Or even pedophiles, for that matter. If that's what some posters here are claiming Stracuzzi secretly is.
Of course, I doubt any credit union would WANT to employ someone in that situation - it's just that it's not an offense that is directly covered by the rule.
What you CLEARLY miss is that what he did at the credit union IS covered under this law. he LIED to gain employment, which is a very narrow but enforceable form of fraud under the statue.
Hmm

South Hadley, MA

#21 Jun 23, 2010
Ughhh wrote:
GFCU inked a deal $750K for Stracuzzi and a no comment policy moving forward. Evidently Angelo knows where a few more skeletons are hidden, to include GFCU not declaring gifts to Ruberto during his campaign. Ruberto got WAY more than $50 worth of service from GFCU at the direction of Bissell. I wonder why the Eagle isn't reporting on this?
Where is the outrage?
(yawn)<bored>(yawn)
Spinnie

Troy, NY

#22 Jun 23, 2010
If GFCU members want to take a stand, go and withdraw all your monies. That would make a point.
A Citizen

Boston, MA

#24 Jun 23, 2010
Ughhh wrote:
<quoted text>
What you CLEARLY miss is that what he did at the credit union IS covered under this law. he LIED to gain employment, which is a very narrow but enforceable form of fraud under the statue.
Wasn't he already employed at the CU at the time of his arrest?
Out Of Control

Albany, NY

#25 Jun 23, 2010
Ughhh wrote:
Where is the outrage?
Because what you just stated is a fabrication. The lies and speculation on here are rampant. The reference to Stracuzzi and the "deal" is a lie and anyone with an ounce of brains and knowledge of the way a credit union is managed by its board, this one included, knows that there was no package. There couldn't be. Please make sure of your facts before posting. There are legal reasons why certain things cannot be disclosed. In many cases such as this, lawyers dictate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt posting as Still not Matt and Shakes His H... 14 min Gaetani Forged Le... 11
Obama's speech in Germany draws only 6K, compar... (Jun '13) 35 min Rabbis on the Run 15
When Obama stopped missle defence in Poland, Pu... (Mar '14) 53 min Rabbis on the Run 4
Herberg Tranny 2 hr Trans Train Timmy 1
Hillary is right once again 2 hr Hummmm 7
Foreign Agent AIPAC 21 hr Rabbis on the Run 12
News Pittsfield attorney's federal suit: First Amend... Sat Rabbis on the Run 10

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages