Our opnion: 'Yes' on new city charter

Our opnion: 'Yes' on new city charter

There are 12 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Nov 2, 2013, titled Our opnion: 'Yes' on new city charter. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

There has not been much buzz in this comparatively quiet election season about the revised Pittsfield charter on the ballot this Tuesday, but the revision is important as it lays down the rules for how city government operates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

the city I hate

Hope, ME

#1 Nov 2, 2013
I think many of Pittsfield's taxpayers know exactly how our city government operates. And I really believe it doesn't give a shit about the taxpayers/citizens. Why should we actually vote to allow it to piss on us, AND expect us to thank them for that!
the city I hate

Hope, ME

#2 Nov 2, 2013
So, what? The chief executive needs more time to enact his phony ribbon cutting platform. Thus adding to his retirement pension. Have we got it? Did we miss something?
Misleading and devious

Pittsfield, MA

#3 Nov 2, 2013
the Berkshire Eagle is the mouthpiece of the Good Old Boys. You can bet your ass if they are for it is bad for the people of the city. As a matter of fact anything or anybody the Eagle endorses is almost always bad for the people. Use it as a guide on what NOT to vote for.
Gang of 5

Pittsfield, MA

#4 Nov 2, 2013
The Gang of 5 doesn't like the Charter. I read all 30 pages and think it is excellent. We can understand the language and change it any time we want. The Gang of 5 voted for it, but now feel threatened in this election and want to prevent a 4 year mayoral term. Don't be fooled, they thought it was a great idea until the gang or 5 realised how little support they have.
Fuzzy Bunny

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Nov 2, 2013
Misleading and devious wrote:
the Berkshire Eagle is the mouthpiece of the Good Old Boys. You can bet your ass if they are for it is bad for the people of the city. As a matter of fact anything or anybody the Eagle endorses is almost always bad for the people. Use it as a guide on what NOT to vote for.
Right on the money my friend !
Lies and more lies

Pittsfield, MA

#7 Nov 3, 2013
Gang of 5 wrote:
The Gang of 5 doesn't like the Charter. I read all 30 pages and think it is excellent. We can understand the language and change it any time we want. The Gang of 5 voted for it, but now feel threatened in this election and want to prevent a 4 year mayoral term. Don't be fooled, they thought it was a great idea until the gang or 5 realised how little support they have.
This whole charter idea was thought up by the good old boys to make sure they had even more power and could make sure all votes that go before the city council and the school committee go their way. These votes often represent how millions of dollars are spent and they want those millions to go their way. Don't be an idiot. Vote NO on the charter because that money is going to come out of YOUR pocket buddy.
the city I hate

Hope, ME

#8 Nov 3, 2013
But wait a minuet, Ruberto, Reilly, Doyle, and Bianchi like the idea. So there's that.
Gang of 5

Pittsfield, MA

#9 Nov 3, 2013
Lies and more lies wrote:
<quoted text>
This whole charter idea was thought up by the good old boys to make sure they had even more power and could make sure all votes that go before the city council and the school committee go their way. These votes often represent how millions of dollars are spent and they want those millions to go their way. Don't be an idiot. Vote NO on the charter because that money is going to come out of YOUR pocket buddy.
Read the Charter... It's only 30 pages of easy to read language. You would be surprised that there is no conspiracy angle to it. Yes, the mayor will have 4 years. That has been publicized all along. Yes, the council could vote to compensate the school committee. I don't agree with that, so I plan to lobby my councilors. Once again, publicized all along. People being being paid by the city are not allowed to hold office. This is a good thing. Those are basically the major points. Do you have a copy of the proposed charter?
the city I hate

Hope, ME

#10 Nov 3, 2013
Maybe if the new charter had included a 2 year limit for mayor and a 2 year limit for city councilors and school committee members, all non-paid, and we didn't have to count a councilor getting arrested and charged with illegal drug related crimes to get rid of them, maybe then the new charter would be less suspicious.
Pete

Pittsfield, MA

#11 Nov 3, 2013
Gang of 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Charter... It's only 30 pages of easy to read language. You would be surprised that there is no conspiracy angle to it. Yes, the mayor will have 4 years. That has been publicized all along. Yes, the council could vote to compensate the school committee. I don't agree with that, so I plan to lobby my councilors. Once again, publicized all along. People being being paid by the city are not allowed to hold office. This is a good thing. Those are basically the major points. Do you have a copy of the proposed charter?
What exactly is in it for the people of the city? I mean the ones not on the inside positioned to better their lives as a result of a strong power structure. Really...what?
the ciy I hate

Hope, ME

#12 Nov 3, 2013
To be perfectly honest I wasn't impressed with the charter committee members who worked so hard to bring this new charter to the citizens of Pittsfield, for the betterment of city and the citizens of Pittsfield.
Had it up to here

Pittsfield, MA

#13 Nov 3, 2013
the ciy I hate wrote:
To be perfectly honest I wasn't impressed with the charter committee members who worked so hard to bring this new charter to the citizens of Pittsfield, for the betterment of city and the citizens of Pittsfield.
Well, Doyle and Ruberto are for it. That should tell you all you need to know. Doyle bankrupted the city and Ruberto would have done the same thing but just kept raising taxes to pay for his insane spending. You have a better chance of getting ahead buying lottery tickets than you do living in Pittsfield.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Medical Marijuana Company Eyes Recreational Sal... 1 hr One Stop Shopping 1
Matt posting as "Hugh Janos" on Planet Valenti 2 hr The Name Fits 3
So so soooo Freakin Glad Obama is out of office 6 hr Cops are degenerates 8
GOP Rats jumping Trump ship 6 hr Cops are degenerates 2
News BMC RNs vote for 2nd strike - if it's deemed ne... 10 hr Pauly 3
Trump Shutdown if it happens 10 hr Matt is a thief 5
Welfare reforms by Trump 12 hr Gary 33

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages