Ruberto will defer to Frieri

Ruberto will defer to Frieri

There are 18 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jul 16, 2009, titled Ruberto will defer to Frieri. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Mayor James M. Ruberto was presented an award Thursday afternoon. He just didn't have the heart to accept it, though.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Resident

Rensselaer, NY

#1 Jul 17, 2009
no one works harder for veterans in this community than
roseann frieri. keep up the great work.
piller to post

Albany, NY

#2 Jul 17, 2009
And she accepeted it? Both are paid employees, anyway you want to look at it. Give it to Jimmy Callahan's family or Jim Henneberry's, give it to someone who really deserves it.
vikkig

Northampton, MA

#3 Jul 17, 2009
Just making it all look good. Great timing... But does not change my vote.
Frieri so deserves it congratulations!!!
Wake Up American

Laurel, MD

#4 Jul 17, 2009
piller to post wrote:
And she accepeted it? Both are paid employees, anyway you want to look at it. Give it to Jimmy Callahan's family or Jim Henneberry's, give it to someone who really deserves it.
Educate me here, what did Jimmy Callahan's family or Jim Henneberry's do?
piller to post

Albany, NY

#5 Jul 17, 2009
To whom it may concern: Although they are deceased, both of them inspired the unselfishness of serving our Country'... with Jimmy Callahan, service beyond self, and the torment and memories coming home from the terror of War, and iI am not speaking for his family. Jim Henneberry has his name inscribed on the Viet Nam Memorial also, he was an inspiration to me as a child and all my family, as we knew him growing up, he was one of the first killed from Pittsfield, and am sure the Mayor' knew him, If i'm off as far as what the award is for, I don't apologize. Someone who has never served in battle, or service period in any capicity, in my opinion should not receive any service connected award. And should not be given to a paid city employee. You might just award it to the taxpayer, same thing, we all support our troops. By the way, if you live in Thousand Oaks, your already educated, or you hit the lottery,lol...peace.
Concerned in Pittsfield

Richmond, MA

#6 Jul 17, 2009
I TOTALLY disagree with #'s 1&3. There are people in this community who deserve the award MUCH more than Rosanne Frieri. There are many people associated with the Vietnam Veteran's of America and Soldier On who not only do a lot for the veterans of Berkshire County, but way beyond. They are also involved in giving back to the community, not only looking out for themselves. We need to give credit where crdeit is due. This thing is purely political. Maybe when we start seeing Roseanne Frieri using her position to get involved on behalf of other interests in the community and not just comandeering the press to be around when she actually does something a couple of times a year, it will be a bit more pallatable to read this article.
u cant Please everyone

West Chesterfield, MA

#7 Jul 17, 2009
Great jod Ruberto!!!!!....thinking of someone else....u r such a humble leader...thats wats going to get you reelected....SOLDIER ON ANY THE MANY GREAT GREAT MEN OVER THERE DESERVE SO MUCH RECOGNITION....THEY GO ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR YOUTH IN THE CITY OF PITTSFIELD....THEY ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO MEET THE NEEDS OF AT-RISK YOUTH.....tHANKS TO jACK AND THE MANY GIFTED VETERANS @ SOLDIER ON....U R SERVICE MEN OF THE YEAR(LIFETIME)IN OUR BOOK...THEY MADE SURE FAMILIES HAD A MEAL ON THANKSGIVING....CHILDREN HAD FOOD AND TOYS FOR CHRISTMAS THEY HELPED FEED CLOSE TO 200 YOUTH FOR THE ANNUAL LOTS OF TREATS AND NO TRICKS EVENT...THATS JUST TO NAME A FEW...WHEN YOU SEE ANY OF THEM OR VISIT THEIR FACILITY....THANK THEM FOR THEIR SERVICE
Merlot

Albany, NY

#8 Jul 17, 2009
u cant Please everyone wrote:
Great jod Ruberto!!!!!....thinking of someone else....u r such a humble leader...thats wats going to get you reelected....SOLDIER ON ANY THE MANY GREAT GREAT MEN OVER THERE DESERVE SO MUCH RECOGNITION....THEY GO ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR YOUTH IN THE CITY OF PITTSFIELD....THEY ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO MEET THE NEEDS OF AT-RISK YOUTH.....tHANKS TO jACK AND THE MANY GIFTED VETERANS @ SOLDIER ON....U R SERVICE MEN OF THE YEAR(LIFETIME)IN OUR BOOK...THEY MADE SURE FAMILIES HAD A MEAL ON THANKSGIVING....CHILDREN HAD FOOD AND TOYS FOR CHRISTMAS THEY HELPED FEED CLOSE TO 200 YOUTH FOR THE ANNUAL LOTS OF TREATS AND NO TRICKS EVENT...THATS JUST TO NAME A FEW...WHEN YOU SEE ANY OF THEM OR VISIT THEIR FACILITY....THANK THEM FOR THEIR SERVICE
I'm touched!
not impressed

Adams, MA

#9 Jul 17, 2009
Did he serve in the service. He probably doesn't know what a foxhole is. He'd tell you where the fox lives. I'd feel guilty if I was him and had acceptrd it.But his gracious handover makes him a great mayor ha ha.

Since: Jan 09

Adams, MA

#10 Jul 17, 2009
Concerned in Pittsfield wrote:
I TOTALLY disagree with #'s 1&3. There are people in this community who deserve the award MUCH more than Rosanne Frieri. There are many people associated with the Vietnam Veteran's of America and Soldier On who not only do a lot for the veterans of Berkshire County, but way beyond. They are also involved in giving back to the community, not only looking out for themselves. We need to give credit where crdeit is due. This thing is purely political. Maybe when we start seeing Roseanne Frieri using her position to get involved on behalf of other interests in the community and not just comandeering the press to be around when she actually does something a couple of times a year, it will be a bit more pallatable to read this article.
I heard when Frieri got called all she was worried bout was her photography business. Now she has a cushy job at City Hall and her photography business is in Richmond.ruberto just did this to gain votes on how nice and considerate he is.A couple of phonies if you ask me. I never served, but tried to enlist in 1979 and was told I couldn't because of medical issues. i don't think ruberto ever did, so as a paid employee should get no awards for service.
A Mom

Albany, NY

#11 Jul 17, 2009
"THEY HELPED FEED CLOSE TO 200 YOUTH FOR THE ANNUAL LOTS OF TREATS AND NO TRICKS EVENT"

I haven't heard of this event before. Do you have any more information. I'd love to know more about it...
Pittsfield

AOL

#12 Jul 17, 2009
Dear Good Ol' Boy Jimmy,
You are such a phony and this totally proves it...You are a weasel.
forcrnoutlowd

Albany, NY

#13 Jul 17, 2009
JIMMY G PITTSFIELD MA wrote:
<quoted text>I heard when Frieri got called all she was worried bout was her photography business. Now she has a cushy job at City Hall and her photography business is in Richmond.ruberto just did this to gain votes on how nice and considerate he is.A couple of phonies if you ask me. I never served, but tried to enlist in 1979 and was told I couldn't because of medical issues. i don't think ruberto ever did, so as a paid employee should get no awards for service.
Oh yes remember that well, she was complaining she would lose her business and wasn't getting any help form the government, Nothing like a call to Duty' to bring out the real reason one enlists in the first place. My family had three drafted, over thirty years total between them, Two did tours in Viet Nam, J G... I know you would have served and you know people very well..Political Hacks, period.
the city I hate

Hope, ME

#14 Aug 6, 2014
JIMMY G PITTSFIELD MA wrote:
<quoted text>I heard when Frieri got called all she was worried bout was her photography business. Now she has a cushy job at City Hall and her photography business is in Richmond.ruberto just did this to gain votes on how nice and considerate he is.A couple of phonies if you ask me. I never served, but tried to enlist in 1979 and was told I couldn't because of medical issues. i don't think ruberto ever did, so as a paid employee should get no awards for service.
Well it took long enough, but now she has time for her photography business. But it took long enough, actually, too long. But don't worry, Bianchi will replace her with someone of equally undesirable quality, if not actually even more undesirable quality.
whatatool

Pittsfield, MA

#15 Aug 7, 2014
the city I hate wrote:
<quoted text>Well it took long enough, but now she has time for her photography business. But it took long enough, actually, too long. But don't worry, Bianchi will replace her with someone of equally undesirable quality, if not actually even more undesirable quality.

Why does this mayor seem so controversial? Is he on some kind of medication that makes him behave aggressively? Steroids maybe?
the city I hate

Hope, ME

#16 Aug 7, 2014
Pittsfield's crummy mayor, Bianchi, and his junk yard mongrel Julia Sabourin have eliminated Roseanne Frieri for personal, or personnel reasons, which apparently are not anyone's business. The PlaNUT made some suggestion that Frieri disobeyed a direct order from Bianchi's junk yard mongrel, Julia Sabourin, not to go on Krol the Troll's radio show. But anyway, from the archives of the PlaNUT ... the PlaNUT made NO allegations, because, according to the PlaNUT, stinking allegations don't need no answers, they need proof. Or something like that. But because, after all, it is the PlaNUT, rumor, innuendo, and supposition in some cases may be substituted for proof.

But back to the archives of the PLANET ... Tuesday, May 13, 2014

THE BB FIRES TWO REPORTERS, CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS, AND AD SALESPERSONS AS 'DOWNSIZING' CONTINUES ... plus ... PLANET ASKS QUESTIONS INVOLVING WHAT MAY BE SOME TOXICITY INVOLVING CITY PERSONNEL ... AS ALWAYS, THE BUCK STOPS WITH THE MAYOR, BUT HE'S NOT TALKING

"(Q1)- Did the city fire a veteran police officer late last fall?"

Please go on the Planet Valenti for the rest of it.

and

"(Q2)- Has a Pittsfield veteran's service official lodged a charge of assault and battery against a veteran who sought the office for help in filing his applications for Chapter 115 benefits? Was the official Catherine Huska? Is she not the city veteran director Roseanne Frieri's assistant? Just a question: Did Frieri or did she not lie to the veteran about filing the papers, supposedly sent by her on 10/31 and 11/1/13?"

Again please go to the May 13, 2014 archives of Planet Valenti for the rest of the QUESTIONS. Or should I refer to them as rumor, innuendo, and supposition?
Praxis33

United States

#17 Aug 7, 2014
the city I hate wrote:
<quoted text>Well it took long enough, but now she has time for her photography business. But it took long enough, actually, too long. But don't worry, Bianchi will replace her with someone of equally undesirable quality, if not actually even more undesirable quality.
When you go down on your mother you should have her take pictures. Make sure you have an extra wide lense because we all know how big and worn our your mothers skank is. All those trains did a job. Take a pic of your mother hanging lips so we can judge. You mother is quantity not quality remember that. Your 1 inch member is pitiful.
worst ofthe Berserkshires

Hope, ME

#18 Aug 7, 2014
Clearly Bianchi covets Ruberto's official title of Pittsfield's Least Ethical Contemporary Mayor. Certainly they are both deserving of such a title. Some of their most qualifying attributes are their ability to offend so many people. Also high on the list of un-admirable attributes they share are their dysfunctional, hostile, irrational, and threatening qualities, and what looks like a dishonest attempt to grab as much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ as they can from the taxpayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lanesborough man arraigned on nearly 20 charges... 7 hr Ghenghis Con 12
Baberuth Baseball 8 hr Libby Sweaterlund 18
Trump has done Very Little 10 hr Cantor McDowell 7
Poll Is The US Dollar Ready To Collapse? (Oct '09) 10 hr The Dealer 103
About Me 13 hr Tom Fontaine 1
News `Black history is everyone's history' 16 hr The Worlds Bigges... 33
News Police beef up Third Thursday staffing (Jun '12) 17 hr Ozzie King Of Zyl... 3

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages