Nero the hero Pittsfield police dog dies

Nero the hero Pittsfield police dog dies

There are 164 comments on the Boston Herald story from Feb 24, 2014, titled Nero the hero Pittsfield police dog dies. In it, Boston Herald reports that:

Chief Michael Wynn said in a statement Monday that Nero, the department's German shepherd, died recently after a long illness.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Herald.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
cops are liars and thugs

Hope, ME

#1 Feb 24, 2014
Did he really die from natural cases? I'm not saying he didn't. But I recently saw a video of the death of a service dog at the hands of an out of control cop. And there was nothing natural, or normal about that.
cops are liars and thugs

Hope, ME

#2 Feb 24, 2014
cops are liars and thugs wrote:
Did he really die from natural cases? I'm not saying he didn't. But I recently saw a video of the death of a service dog at the hands of an out of control cop. And there was nothing natural, or normal about that.
Actually, to be more accurate, it was the excruciating death of a service dog at the hands of an out of control cop, captured on dash-cam, allegedly.
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Lincoln, NE

#4 Feb 24, 2014
POLICE OFFICER'S "HEROIC" EFFORTS SAVE 7 FROM COLUMBIA FIRE

A Columbia Borough police officer is being credited with saving the lives of seven people, including an infant, after he evacuated them from a burning home Tuesday night.

http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/police-...
Flappy Birds

Lincoln, NE

#5 Feb 24, 2014
HEROIC COPS SAVE BLIND WOMAN FROM FLOOD WATERS
911: Where is she?
Caller: About four foot underwater.

Monday night the hero officers who made the save spoke exclusively with CBS 12 News.

When the rain came down hard Thursday night and continued into Friday there were serious consequences for places like Boynton Beach.

"The whole city was basically underwater," said Officer Evan Esteves.

Drivers were stalling out by the hundreds, police officers were closing down streets trying to keep some kind of order in all of this.

But during the middle of one of the most hectic shifts in a long time, officers Evan Esteves and Rocky Zavattaro saved the life of a blind wheelchair-bound woman.

It started with a call for help around 5 oclock Friday morning.

The officers returned to the area to talk about how it all went down, when every second mattered.

They helped a homeless woman stuck in flood waters in a wooded area along SW 8th Street in Boynton Beach.  

We're told that the blind handicapped woman rescued is likely still in the hospital or at a shelter recovering.
http://www.cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stories...
Flappy Birds

Lincoln, NE

#6 Feb 24, 2014
"HERO COP" MAKES SECOND RESCUE JUST DAYS APART
SAN DIEGO (CBS 8)- Just days after he helped save a family from a raging apartment fire in Clairemont, a heroic San Diego police officer is at it again.

This time, officer Zach Bradley pulled a suspected drunk driver out of her wrecked vehicle. An SUV flipped over and hit a natural gas meter on the side of an apartment building in Clairemont.

It happened just hours after Bradley wrapped up a press conference where he spoke about rescuing a woman and her two daughters as they jumped from a second-story building engulfed in flames Tuesday morning.

SAN DIEGO (CNS/CBS 8)- A San Diego police officer who helped two teen-aged girls and their mother trapped on the second story of their apartment building to escape during a raging fire Tuesday morning is being heralded a hero.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/20549725/hero-cop-r...
Oral Phil Robertson

Lincoln, NE

#7 Feb 24, 2014
HERO COP NABS CELL PHONE THIEF

A HERO TRANSIT COP, WHO WAS SHOT IN THE BACK IN JANUARY, made a dramatic arrest of a cell phone thief in Brooklyn on Monday.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/17/hero-cop-nabs-ce...
cops are liars and thugs

Hope, ME

#8 Feb 24, 2014
Former Lee Police Chief Buffis was fired from the Lee Police department after 34 years on the police force, Not for allegedly stealing tens of thousands of dollars from a toy fund meant for disadvantaged kid, and certainly not for allegedly shaking down the owners of an alleged whore house, and not for allegedly lying to federal authorities who were investigating him for his alleged crimes, and not even when he was charged with extortion and money laundering charges in federal court . He was fired for allegedly stealing $5000 cellphone use from the town of Lee for himself. his disadvantaged wife, and his disadvantaged kids. I don't know why you insist on bring up cell phone theft.
Flappy Birds

Lincoln, NE

#10 Feb 24, 2014
ANOTHER HERO.

POLICE OFFICER'S "HEROIC" EFFORTS SAVE 7 FROM COLUMBIA FIRE

A Columbia Borough police officer is being credited with saving the lives of seven people, including an infant, after he evacuated them from a burning home Tuesday night.

http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/police-...
Flappy Birds

Lincoln, NE

#11 Feb 24, 2014
HEROIC COPS SAVE BLIND WOMAN FROM FLOOD WATERS
911: Where is she?
Caller: About four foot underwater.

Monday night the hero officers who made the save spoke exclusively with CBS 12 News.

When the rain came down hard Thursday night and continued into Friday there were serious consequences for places like Boynton Beach.

"The whole city was basically underwater," said Officer Evan Esteves.

Drivers were stalling out by the hundreds, police officers were closing down streets trying to keep some kind of order in all of this.

But during the middle of one of the most hectic shifts in a long time, officers Evan Esteves and Rocky Zavattaro saved the life of a blind wheelchair-bound woman.

It started with a call for help around 5 oclock Friday morning.

The officers returned to the area to talk about how it all went down, when every second mattered.

They helped a homeless woman stuck in flood waters in a wooded area along SW 8th Street in Boynton Beach.  

We're told that the blind handicapped woman rescued is likely still in the hospital or at a shelter recovering.

http://www.cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stories...
Flappy Birds

Lincoln, NE

#12 Feb 24, 2014
HEROS!

"HERO COP" MAKES SECOND RESCUE JUST DAYS APART
SAN DIEGO (CBS 8)- Just days after he helped save a family from a raging apartment fire in Clairemont, a heroic San Diego police officer is at it again.

This time, officer Zach Bradley pulled a suspected drunk driver out of her wrecked vehicle. An SUV flipped over and hit a natural gas meter on the side of an apartment building in Clairemont.

It happened just hours after Bradley wrapped up a press conference where he spoke about rescuing a woman and her two daughters as they jumped from a second-story building engulfed in flames Tuesday morning.

SAN DIEGO (CNS/CBS 8)- A San Diego police officer who helped two teen-aged girls and their mother trapped on the second story of their apartment building to escape during a raging fire Tuesday morning is being heralded a hero.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/20549725/hero-cop-r...
Flappy Birds

Lincoln, NE

#13 Feb 24, 2014
COPS ARE GREAT!

HERO COP NABS CELL PHONE THIEF

A HERO TRANSIT COP, WHO WAS SHOT IN THE BACK IN JANUARY, made a dramatic arrest of a cell phone thief in Brooklyn on Monday.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/17/hero-cop-nabs-ce...
cops are liars and thugs

Hope, ME

#14 Feb 24, 2014
Go ahead, puke it all up. With any luck you'll choke on your own putrid vile vomit.
Flappy Birds

Lincoln, NE

#15 Feb 24, 2014
Go ahead, puke it all up. With any luck you'll choke on your own putrid vile vomit.
Sorry Teen mom, If you cared about your kids like you did the crack pipe you would still have them.
cops are liars and thugs

Hope, ME

#16 Feb 25, 2014
So anyway, did Nero really die after a long illness? I came across this; Ex-wife, Pittsfield Student Accused of Threatening Cop....... the ex-wife in this alleged plot turns out to be the ex-wife of PPD Officer James Parise, Nero's handler. In this alleged plot the ex-wife of PPD Officer James Parise, a Sheila Parise, a courier for the Pittsfield Public Schools, is alleged to have given her ex-husband, PPD Officer James Parise's telephone number to a high school student, who allegedly made several threatening phone calls to PPD Officer James Parise, which allegedly including threats to commit murder. I can't imagine why the ex-wife of a PPD officer would get someone to threaten to kill one of Pittsfield's finest. It's a mystery! Well, at least the part about what PPD Officer James Parise allegedly must have done to his ex-wife to want him dead. The caller, allegedly a high school student, allegedly called PPD Officer James Parise names and allegedly threatened to kill him. What must PPD Officer James Parise have done to his ex-wife to deserve that?
Flappy Birds

Matthews, NC

#18 Feb 26, 2014
The caller, allegedly a high school student, allegedly called PPD Officer James Parise names and allegedly threatened to kill him. What must PPD Officer James Parise have done to his ex-wife to deserve that?
Busted him for MIP?
give it a break

Albany, NY

#19 Feb 26, 2014
Former Lee Police Chief Buffis was fired from the Lee Police department after 34 years on the police force, Not for allegedly stealing tens of thousands of dollars from a toy fund meant for disadvantaged kid, and certainly not for allegedly shaking down the owners of an alleged whore house, and not for allegedly lying to federal authorities who were investigating him for his alleged crimes, and not even when he was charged with extortion and money laundering charges in federal court . He was fired for allegedly stealing $5000 cellphone use from the town of Lee for himself. his disadvantaged wife, and his disadvantaged kids. I don't know why you insist on bring up cell phone theft.
If you have mental problem go on doctor Phil for christ sakes already this thread was about a working dog that work more then what you ever did. Its not about your own emotional problems vents your problems paying someone to listen them you really need too.

Back to the original thread: RIP thanks for saving lives like you did. A dog that has done more to help out and serve people than what most humans have done...

Now only if cops and thugs would do something like this K-9 did he could have just save someone from cops and thugs.
Judge Judy

Albany, NY

#20 Feb 26, 2014
So anyway, did Nero really die after a long illness? I came across this; Ex-wife, Pittsfield Student Accused of Threatening Cop....... the ex-wife in this alleged plot turns out to be the ex-wife of PPD Officer James Parise, Nero's handler. In this alleged plot the ex-wife of PPD Officer James Parise, a Sheila Parise, a courier for the Pittsfield Public Schools, is alleged to have given her ex-husband, PPD Officer James Parise's telephone number to a high school student, who allegedly made several threatening phone calls to PPD Officer James Parise, which allegedly including threats to commit murder. I can't imagine why the ex-wife of a PPD officer would get someone to threaten to kill one of Pittsfield's finest. It's a mystery! Well, at least the part about what PPD Officer James Parise allegedly must have done to his ex-wife to want him dead. The caller, allegedly a high school student, allegedly called PPD Officer James Parise names and allegedly threatened to kill him. What must PPD Officer James Parise have done to his ex-wife to deserve that?
They say all the nuts are in North Adams well you just prove them wrong they are all in Pittsfield you and falltime, praxis, just to name a few of the well known nuts on here you people need to volunteer or get a job run for congress or run for selectman do something to change things if you are so worried about the welfare of people.
Also did you witness any of this or is it all second hand information like Judge Judy would say if you were not there in person and witness that with your own eyes shit down and shut up..
DuckdyNASTY

Mountain View, CA

#21 Feb 26, 2014
F that f'n mutt who cares.
cops are liars and thugs

Hope, ME

#22 Feb 26, 2014
Ex-wife, student accused of threatening cop....... Forty-two- year-old Sheila Parise, a Pittsfield school department employee pleaded to sufficient facts..........

I really doubt it was the boy's idea to call up Sheila's ex-husband, the cop, and to threaten to kill him.
Oral Phil Robertson

Matthews, NC

#23 Feb 26, 2014
Ex-wife, student accused of threatening cop....... Forty-two- year-old Sheila Parise, a Pittsfield school department employee pleaded to sufficient facts..........
I really doubt it was the boy's idea to call up Sheila's ex-husband, the cop, and to threaten to kill him.
Who cares what you think, if I tell you to call and threaten someones life and you are stupid enough to do it it's your problem ya crack ho teen mom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former North Adams Mayor Barrett Announces Cand... 9 min Room 401 2
Will Trump put America first or Israel first? (Dec '16) 2 hr blueballs 15
reynolds team sports!! 2 hr Bernhard Goetz 23
News Man, woman found dead in Pittsfield home; autop... 2 hr Bernhard Goetz 9
News Police searching for missing Pittsfield girl, 13 3 hr Cops are Degenerates 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 20 hr The Head of Praxis33 4,679
News New Report: Pittsfield Officer Used Excessive F... Wed Bernhard Goetz 16

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages