Operation Get Limbaugh Off the Air

Posted in the Pittsfield Forum

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Reason

Johnstown, NY

#1 Mar 3, 2012
As predicted, Rush Limbaugh is not backing down from his diatribes against "Feminazis" and the entire female gender. In particular, he continues to taunt Sandra Fluke, a 23 y.o. Law student, who as it turns out has a quiet dignity about her, to go along with her intelligence, compassion for others, and a good measure of courage (and toughness!)
Limbaugh mocked the president's statement to Ms. Fluke (when he telephoned her earlier today!) that her parents should be very proud of her. At first Limbaugh (purposely?) got her name wrong (when he called her a slut and a prostitute), today it was her age (he said she was 30), and he's yet to come anywhere close to what she actually discussed in her testimony (her friend who lost her ovary as she was unable to afford the birth control she was prescribed by her doctor.
Needless to say, there was no apology.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/02/1070... -
uselessreason

Pittsfield, MA

#2 Mar 3, 2012
Reason wrote:
As predicted, Rush Limbaugh is not backing down from his diatribes against "Feminazis" and the entire female gender. In particular, he continues to taunt Sandra Fluke, a 23 y.o. Law student, who as it turns out has a quiet dignity about her, to go along with her intelligence, compassion for others, and a good measure of courage (and toughness!)
Limbaugh mocked the president's statement to Ms. Fluke (when he telephoned her earlier today!) that her parents should be very proud of her. At first Limbaugh (purposely?) got her name wrong (when he called her a slut and a prostitute), today it was her age (he said she was 30), and he's yet to come anywhere close to what she actually discussed in her testimony (her friend who lost her ovary as she was unable to afford the birth control she was prescribed by her doctor.
To bad your father didn't use a condom or maybe he did because the best part of you must of stayed in it!
Reason

Johnstown, NY

#3 Mar 3, 2012
Rush Limbaugh Boycott: Reddit, Twitter, Facebook Users Take Part

The Internet has taken aim at Rush Limbaugh.

The inflammatory conservative political commentator and host of talk radio program The Rush Limbaugh Show set off a firestorm on Wednesday with his outrageous comments about Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke, who was barred from testifying last week before an all-male panel during a House of Representatives hearing on religious freedom and the Obama administration's contraception policy. Limbaugh on Wednesday called Fluke a "slut" and on Thursday said, "If we are going to pay for your contraceptives and thus pay for you to have sex, we [...] want you to post the videos online so we can all watch."

On Friday morning, HuffPost blogger Krystal Ball called for a boycott of companies that sponsor the Limbaugh show. Participating Twitter users are rallying around the hashtag #BoycottRush, and two Facebook pages calling for a boycott had garnered more than 18,000 and 6,000 Likes by Saturday morning.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/02/rush...
Peace love dope

United States

#4 Mar 3, 2012
Yea good luck with that. Peace love dope
Reason

Johnstown, NY

#5 Mar 3, 2012
As a retired radio group VP with years of station management on my resume, here is a better suggestion. Go after the local advertisers on his show. There are very few local advertising availabilities on Rush’s show and they sell at a premium. Monitor the Rush station, make a list of the local advertisers and do the following:

1. Call the advertiser, be polite.
2. Write a letter to the advertiser, be polite.
3. Copy the station and the FCC with the advertiser letter.
4. Politely call the General Manager of the station,tell the GM what you are doing and why, tell them you have contacted the advertiser and copied the FCC.
5. If the local advertiser uses an agency, contact the agency, as well.Just ask the local business, if they use an agency.

It won’t take many letters and phone calls to get their attention and remind the station that the letters need to be placed in the station’s public file.(the public file is an FCC requirement)

Local stations don’t get many local avails in Rush’s show and many pay a huge fee to Premire to run the show.If they start losing business because of that asshole, they will raise hell with Premire.

If KFI in LA got a hundred letters with follow up phone calls it would get their attention very quickly. The key is to put on the pressure through the local advertisers.

Rush isn’t going anywhere, he isn’t going to apologize. The local station will blink and get very nervous, very quickly.

http://www.balloon-juice.com/2012/03/02/the-t...
Reason

Johnstown, NY

#6 Mar 3, 2012
Joshua Holland ‏ @JoshuaHol
RT @citrix: We have listened to our customers & have decided to cease our advertising on The Rush Limbaugh Show immediately.

LegalZoom ‏ @LegalZoom
@drpfox As of today, LegalZoom has suspended all advertising on the Rush Limbaugh show.

GoToMeeting ‏ @GoToMeeting
We have listened to our customers & have decided to cease our advertising on The Rush Limbaugh Show immediately. on.fb.me/xukZuE
cil

Otis, MA

#7 Mar 3, 2012
Its all about ratings..your style and voice.. his unique style along with his voice calling women sluts, prostitute,hoe"s,ect...at tracts that group of arrogant men.there"s a lot out there. They like him rating are high he stays till ratings drop he is know longer liked. someone better comes along that brings rating back up...He"s out.there in. That"s life. That"s RADIO..
Albany WAMC

Pittsfield, MA

#8 Mar 3, 2012
Like the guy who posted this thread, I am a WAMC employee based out of Albany, NY. It's about time we politically neutralize Mr. Limbaugh. Our 2,000 regular listeners might swell to 2,006 if we are successful.

GET LIMBAUGH OFF THE AIR, YEAH!

Telling lies, distorting the facts and making it up as we go is the ticket. Yeah!
cil

Otis, MA

#9 Mar 3, 2012
you and me together ratings will go straight to the top your style a snoop.. mine crazy women with a shot of intelligence now and then..we will have everyone laughing and interested ..now there is ratings
Free Speech

Springfield, NJ

#10 Mar 3, 2012
There is an interesting invention called the Knob. You can simply turn and Rush goes away.

You don't have to listen to him.

I personally don't like the man but I will defend his right to free speech. I may not like what he has to say but I'll defend his right to say it.
fall time

Great Barrington, MA

#11 Mar 3, 2012
Reason wrote:
The only apology there should be is from your mother for birthing you. Good luck with your stupid adventure here.
Dio

Northampton, MA

#12 Mar 3, 2012
Free Speech wrote:
There is an interesting invention called the Knob. You can simply turn and Rush goes away.
You don't have to listen to him.
I personally don't like the man but I will defend his right to free speech. I may not like what he has to say but I'll defend his right to say it.
That is true but unfortunately so many fall into his way of thinking and slandering of others. We really need to stop this negative portrayal of people even if we're right. Rush gives those that believe in Great Spirit and wish not to judge or convict anyone a black eye. Religion, mainly Muslims and Christians needs a new approach and they better find it pretty soon. It would help immensely if we all started thinking like and observing our Native Indian brothers and sisters.
cil

Otis, MA

#13 Mar 3, 2012
rush limbra called someone a slut prostitute how does he know does he use her services?
Jerusalem Resident

Pittsfield, MA

#14 Mar 3, 2012
Dio wrote:
<quoted text>Religion, mainly Muslims and Christians needs a new approach..
Why would you omit JEWS from your list? Or haven't you heard of the millions they've killed in the name of THEIR religion?
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Springfield, VA

#15 Mar 3, 2012
Reason wrote:
Pretty funny thread.
In case you are interested, Limbaugh's listenership is climbing not declining.
More advertisers will invariably line up to replace anyone Limbaugh loses.
WAMC Northeast Public Radio, Inc.'s listenership is in the tank generally, but from 12 Noon to 3 p.m. weekdays, it decreases even moreso.
Limbaugh OWNS the Albany radio market weekdays from 12-3.
DEAL WITH IT!

Springfield, VA

#16 Mar 3, 2012
Jerusalem Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you omit JEWS from your list? Or haven't you heard of the millions they've killed in the name of THEIR religion?
Another Berkshire anti-semite.
Why does this region attract so many bigots?
No doubt a Liberal Democrat.
No Govt Dependence

United States

#17 Mar 3, 2012
More proof that the left hates the First Amendment. Stalin and Mao would be proud.
Dio

Northampton, MA

#18 Mar 3, 2012
Jerusalem Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Because so many like yourself are too focused on them when in fact the greatest genocide known to man happened right here in the good ol US of A. Haven't you heard?

Springfield, VA

#19 Mar 3, 2012
Reason wrote:
Where's the Congressional testimony from the men with whom Ms. Fluked shared copulatory bliss explaining why they were unable to shell out for Trojans?
Dio

Northampton, MA

#20 Mar 3, 2012
I am for:
2nd amendment
low, and I mean low taxes
significant reduction in govt.
separation of state from church.
Love for my God, family and community.
Equality by submitting to God.
Little or no materiality.
Firmly against redistribution of wealth.
Against The New World Order.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GM, where are you? (Nov '08) 1 hr Leave 36
Planet Valenti Craps Out (May '11) 2 hr Unombremuerto 168
SHH has tucked his tail 20 hr not allen 4
News Tyer Calls For $1M Police Department... 23 hr Doble Trouble 13
News New Pittsfield Approves Extending Tax Breaks Fo... Wed cops are degenerates 2
News Pittsfield Police Log for Friday, Jan. 15 to Su... Wed cops are degenerates 15
News Bisque, Beads & Beyond!: New goals and directions (Jul '14) Wed cops are degenerates 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages