The Berkshire Eagle's Revenge on WBRK...

The Berkshire Eagle's Revenge on WBRK's Sherman Baldwin

Posted in the Pittsfield Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Silver Spring, MD

#1 Feb 11, 2010
With the revelation, January 15th, on Sherman Baldwin's WBRK radio talk show that Liberal Democrat Berkshire County Sheriff Carmen Massimiano may be a child molester, The Berkshire Eagle is now in full attack mode seeking vengeance upon the messenger who carried the explosive message.
The Eagle is set to run a hit piece on Sherman Baldwin no doubt in order to punish him for exposing the scandal (and scooping The Eagle) with the hope that it will pressure WBRK's owner to fire Baldwin and hopefully run him out of town.
Not only has a powerful local Berkshire Liberal Democrat sacred cow been brought down, but the whole matter plainly reflects on The Berkshire Eagle's own failure to report an explosive story that it had been sitting on for many months -- IF NOT YEARS!
Note that none other than hatchetman Clarence Fanto is the one writing the attack piece for The Eagle.

The following appeared in yesterday's Albany Times-Union, apparently precipitated by Fanto's coming story.
Note also that Rex Smith, editor of the Times-Union, is a good buddy of Clarence Fanto from Mr. Fanto's days working for Alan Chartock and WAMC in Albany.
'Sherman Baldwin will talk about his past'
February 10, 2010
by Chris Churchill
As the Times Union has previously reported, former WROW (590 AM) afternoon host Sherman Baldwin has somewhat of a checkered past.

He committed fraud to help fund “The Crow,” a 1994 movie, and spent eight months in federal prison.“I cooked the books and devoted $1 million to the film,” Baldwin told me last year.“The movie would have died without me.”

He also has a rather complicated connection (as Tad Baldwin) to the Michael Skakel trial for the murder of Martha Moxley.
Baldwin, who was fired by WROW last year and who works now for WBRK in the Berkshires, has never really talked about his past on the radio, although he was honest with me when asked.

But in anticipation of what he believes is an upcoming expose in the Berkshire Eagle newspaper, Baldwin has called a press conference to clear the air. From an announcement he sent out today:

"Sherman Baldwin of Talk Berkshires will hold a press conference Friday February 12th at 4:15pm. The press conference will air live during his radio show and take place at the WBRK studios located at 100 North Street in Pittsfield, MA.

"'It has come to my attention that Clarence Fanto of the Berkshire Eagle will be publishing an article about me in this Sunday’s paper. In an effort to make sure that the entire story is told I am holding this press conference to answer any and all questions about my past prior to locating here in the Berkshires.'"
Another baldwin brother

Easthampton, MA

#3 Feb 11, 2010
Didn't we get rid of this no-talent once already when he went to Albany? How is it possible that he got recycled in this market?
What is really amusing is that they are going to hold a 'press conference' presumably for the benefit of the fraud that is the 'Berkshire News Network'(better known as Larry Crackhead ripping and reading from the Eagle every morning).
What a country. LOL
Another baldwin brother

Easthampton, MA

#4 Feb 11, 2010
<<“I cooked the books and devoted $1 million to the film,” Baldwin told me last year.“The movie would have died without me.” >>

Yeah. That would have been a HUGE loss for the culture. LOL

Silver Spring, MD

#5 Feb 11, 2010
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
With the revelation, January 15th, on Sherman Baldwin's WBRK radio talk show that Liberal Democrat Berkshire County Sheriff Carmen Massimiano may be a child molester, The Berkshire Eagle is now in full attack mode seeking vengeance upon the messenger who carried the explosive message.
The Eagle is set to run a hit piece on Sherman Baldwin no doubt in order to punish him for exposing the scandal (and scooping The Eagle) with the hope that it will pressure WBRK's owner to fire Baldwin and hopefully run him out of town.
Not only has a powerful local Berkshire Liberal Democrat sacred cow been brought down, but the whole matter plainly reflects on The Berkshire Eagle's own failure to report an explosive story that it had been sitting on for many months -- IF NOT YEARS!
Note that none other than hatchetman Clarence Fanto is the one writing the attack piece for The Eagle.
The following appeared in yesterday's Albany Times-Union, apparently precipitated by Fanto's coming story.
Note also that Rex Smith, editor of the Times-Union, is a good buddy of Clarence Fanto from Mr. Fanto's days working for Alan Chartock and WAMC in Albany.
'Sherman Baldwin will talk about his past'
February 10, 2010
by Chris Churchill
As the Times Union has previously reported, former WROW (590 AM) afternoon host Sherman Baldwin has somewhat of a checkered past.
He committed fraud to help fund “The Crow,” a 1994 movie, and spent eight months in federal prison.“I cooked the books and devoted $1 million to the film,” Baldwin told me last year.“The movie would have died without me.”
He also has a rather complicated connection (as Tad Baldwin) to the Michael Skakel trial for the murder of Martha Moxley.
Baldwin, who was fired by WROW last year and who works now for WBRK in the Berkshires, has never really talked about his past on the radio, although he was honest with me when asked.
But in anticipation of what he believes is an upcoming expose in the Berkshire Eagle newspaper, Baldwin has called a press conference to clear the air. From an announcement he sent out today:
"Sherman Baldwin of Talk Berkshires will hold a press conference Friday February 12th at 4:15pm. The press conference will air live during his radio show and take place at the WBRK studios located at 100 North Street in Pittsfield, MA.
"'It has come to my attention that Clarence Fanto of the Berkshire Eagle will be publishing an article about me in this Sunday’s paper. In an effort to make sure that the entire story is told I am holding this press conference to answer any and all questions about my past prior to locating here in the Berkshires.'"
The Eagle's censors are in high gear today.

Silver Spring, MD

#6 Feb 11, 2010
http://blog.timesunion.com/bus iness/sherman-baldwin-will-tal k-about-his-past/17867/
Ditto.

Since: Sep 09

Pittsfield

#7 Feb 11, 2010
they are all a bunch of nobodies who can pisss off

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#10 Feb 11, 2010
<quoted text>
The Eagle's censors are in high gear today.
As, it would seem, is your ever growing paranoia.

Might I suggest that a rational human being might wait a short period of time before making accusations that might make them look foolish? As in the case of asserting some sort of censorship, which is obviously aimed specifically at the the individual poster, when in fact their post is entirely intact.
Thieves and perverts

Berne, NY

#11 Feb 11, 2010
*yawn* It's just business as usual for Democrats. The party of thieves and perverts.
hulu

United States

#14 Feb 5, 2013
BOY these guys hit the nail on the head with this one BALDWIN was not the only one who lost his job one of the accusers also mysteriously lost his job also the reporter c. berry also lost his pittsfield and the gob or better yet the gay mafia still has a stronghold in berkshire cty.
victim

United States

#15 Feb 5, 2013
BALDWIN created his own undoing you cant blame the berkshire eagle for his firing baldwin was a marginal radio guy at best who was as it turns out nothing but a slease a convicted thief who stole and or diverted more than 1000,000 DOLLARS HE SHOULD never been aloud to host a radio program period his friend at berkshire money management seems just as sleasy i wouldnt let him walk my dog let alone invest my money just sayin bring back madoff
freebird

United States

#16 Feb 5, 2013
I SEE alan harris on the jon krol show gettin his boots likked by krol what a joke the guy is a 2bit fli bi nite and krol drools when he talks to him harris goes on talk shows to tell evry one that he donates turkees to the poor what A SELF FULFILLING SCHMUK HE should go out where baldwin is i think hes at sing sing
Pricksack33

Pittsfield, MA

#17 Feb 5, 2013
Who gives a damn about some carpet-bagging shitball? You idiots need to get back to work and pay your taxes. That's all your good for.
geronimo

United States

#18 Feb 5, 2013
Pricksack33 wrote:
Who gives a damn about some carpet-bagging shitball? You idiots need to get back to work and pay your taxes. That's all your good for.
AND i guess your good for nothin just let me know where we can meet i will change your attitude.........
Firewoman

Huntington, MA

#19 Feb 5, 2013
geronimo wrote:
<quoted text> AND i guess your good for nothin just let me know where we can meet i will change your attitude.........
hAvE yOu SeEn A lIl SqUaW rUnNiNg RoUnD tHeSe HiLlS lAtElY? nEeD sTaTuS rEpOrT oN oUr CuRrEnCy CrIsIs AnD hOw MuCh MoRe GrEeN gOlD wIlL bE pRiNtEd. tHe PoOr GeT pOoReR.
eVeRyWhErE
Pricksack33

Pittsfield, MA

#20 Feb 5, 2013
geronimo wrote:
<quoted text> AND i guess your good for nothin just let me know where we can meet i will change your attitude.........
Yeah, right. You didn't show up at Target. You didn't show up at Patrick's. You didn't show up at the Hub. You're a yellow-belly piece of shit.

Praxis33

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#21 Feb 5, 2013
Pricksack33 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right. You didn't show up at Target. You didn't show up at Patrick's. You didn't show up at the Hub. You're a yellow-belly piece of shit.
You think "geronimo" is me, dumbass? You're still at this shit? You are a liar and a fraud. You're always a no show, and now you're lying to someone who's not me about it?

You've never shown up at any meeting and you know it. You know you're lying about it. You're simply too terrified of the consequences for you to even venture out from behind your cheap computer, you pathetic little nancyboy.

Springfield, VA

#22 Feb 6, 2013
Praxis33 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think "geronimo" is me, dumbass? You're still at this shit? You are a liar and a fraud. You're always a no show, and now you're lying to someone who's not me about it?
You've never shown up at any meeting and you know it. You know you're lying about it. You're simply too terrified of the consequences for you to even venture out from behind your cheap computer, you pathetic little nancyboy.
More big talk from Praxis33, The Hero of Hoosac Tunnel.
Smile for the cameras, Praxis33.
Your photo and ID are worth $450 to a lucky paparazzo in the 'Photograph Praxis33 - Win Money!' Contest.
Pricksack33

Pittsfield, MA

#23 Feb 6, 2013
Praxis33 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? No, I think he's the piece of crap who wouldn't show up to fight you. You're as psychotic as he is but I think you at least show up when push comes to shove.
Find my mistakes

Albany, NY

#24 Feb 6, 2013
Praxis33 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey prickface I'm still waiting for a answer from you! Funny in how you're going under different names now, don't bother I will always sniff a rat like you out no matter what name you choose. And Yes I want a answer from you in why you said those lies about me and I will wait and get on your azz ever chance I get! I'm not afraid of you at all old man this time you pisst off the wrong the person and I'm good and pisst at you!

Praxis33

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#25 Feb 6, 2013
Find my mistakes wrote:
<quoted text>Hey prickface I'm still waiting for a answer from you! Funny in how you're going under different names now, don't bother I will always sniff a rat like you out no matter what name you choose. And Yes I want a answer from you in why you said those lies about me and I will wait and get on your azz ever chance I get! I'm not afraid of you at all old man this time you pisst off the wrong the person and I'm good and pisst at you!
There's no such word as "pisst," moron. It's "pissed." I'm not using different names, your paranoid dolt.

Go tell more lies about a horrible tragedy somewhere else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Would-be Crowne Plaza buyer out of picture; new... 1 hr Carl from Pittsfield 1
News More Berkshire Mall woes: Sears, Payless strugg... 10 hr toeME 4
Poll Is Gaetani going to overthrow Pittsfield? (Apr '16) 10 hr Cops are Degenerates 3
News Greeted with joy 11 hr Cops are Degenerates 10
News Why your next therapy session might include a h... 11 hr lookinthemirror 7
News A gay man fights for equal rights (Apr '09) 14 hr Salons 266
My America will look 14 hr Jose Dryback 8

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages