First Prev
of 2
Next Last
justice

Troy, NY

#1 May 31, 2012
Well once again the big $$$$ bully administrators deem it necessary to pick on the little guys to meet their budget shortfalls. Of course they must eliminate para's, subs and custodians to make room for a dean of students at Egremont elementary school $65k per year opening the door for the rest of the elementary schools to get the same. What are we the tax payers getting for our buck from the Principals, are they overworked for their $70, 80, 90 and 100k jobs.....try working in the private sector and see what is expected of you for that kind of money. They should be ashamed of themselves!!!
Say Again

Holyoke, MA

#2 May 31, 2012
justice wrote:
Well once again the big $$$$ bully administrators deem it necessary to pick on the little guys to meet their budget shortfalls. Of course they must eliminate para's, subs and custodians to make room for a dean of students at Egremont elementary school $65k per year opening the door for the rest of the elementary schools to get the same. What are we the tax payers getting for our buck from the Principals, are they overworked for their $70, 80, 90 and 100k jobs.....try working in the private sector and see what is expected of you for that kind of money. They should be ashamed of themselves!!!
A dean of students at an elementry school! What pray tell is the role of a Dean of Students. The only time I ever heard of any one refered to as a Dean was when I was in college. Like ' Dean of the History Dept', Math Dept' Dean'... and so on...

Someone please tell me what a 'Dean of Students' is ? And what they do? and why we need one in an elementry school.
Say Again

Holyoke, MA

#3 May 31, 2012
Say Again wrote:
<quoted text>
A dean of students at an elementry school! What pray tell is the role of a Dean of Students. The only time I ever heard of any one refered to as a Dean was when I was in college. Like ' Dean of the History Dept', Math Dept' Dean'... and so on...
Someone please tell me what a 'Dean of Students' is ? And what they do? and why we need one in
an elementry school.
P.S- I just wanted to add one more thing. I would assume the job for Dean of Students was advertised. Personally, as a certified teacher looking for work, I check out the PPS system 'job openings' web site regularly. While I admit. I have only been looking for teaching jobs, I can't swear to seeing a posting for a 'Dean of Students ' Job.

I must be wrong though. They would have to advertise such a job. It would only be fair.Maybe they have a different web site advertising 'Dean's jobs' in schools, rather than just teaching jobs.
yup

Westfield, MA

#4 Jun 1, 2012
Say Again wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S- I just wanted to add one more thing. I would assume the job for Dean of Students was advertised. Personally, as a certified teacher looking for work, I check out the PPS system 'job openings' web site regularly. While I admit. I have only been looking for teaching jobs, I can't swear to seeing a posting for a 'Dean of Students ' Job.
I must be wrong though. They would have to advertise such a job. It would only be fair.Maybe they have a different web site advertising 'Dean's jobs' in schools, rather than just teaching jobs.
People tellme it helps to sleep with Super Jake to secure a position in his wonderful schools.
looks to me like

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Jun 1, 2012
It sounds to me like a position created by Alf to reward a friend on the taxpayers dime. That is after all, why Alf bent over backwards to get that position in the first place. To facilitate sucking money from the public into GOB hands.
Just Wondering

Holyoke, MA

#6 Jun 1, 2012
looks to me like wrote:
It sounds to me like a position created by Alf to reward a friend on the taxpayers dime. That is after all, why Alf bent over backwards to get that position in the first place. To facilitate sucking money from the public into GOB hands.
I am truly getting sickened by reading the serious threads on Topix today. Where have I been? We have rumors about some principal in the district being hired by Jake for special reasons. Thought to be to just rumor though. Now you say we have a job created for a friend of Alf. Not to mention what has been discussed about the JRC on topix . Come on ! none of this can be real..... If it is why had / do people not speak out? My head is spinning and I do not know were the truth lies in all these matters.
oh please

United States

#7 Jun 1, 2012
justice wrote:
Oh please, you have no clue what you are talking about regarding administrators. As an ex-teacher I know that some of them wish they were in the private sector and then they wouldn't have to deal with petty union garbage and could make their decisions without endless idiocy. I have seen the union wasting time and being greedy and ridiculous, trivial, and was often times embarrassed to even be a part of the union.
long time see stuff

Pittsfield, MA

#8 Jun 1, 2012
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I am truly getting sickened by reading the serious threads on Topix today. Where have I been? We have rumors about some principal in the district being hired by Jake for special reasons. Thought to be to just rumor though. Now you say we have a job created for a friend of Alf. Not to mention what has been discussed about the JRC on topix . Come on ! none of this can be real..... If it is why had / do people not speak out? My head is spinning and I do not know were the truth lies in all these matters.
You may have just moved to the area. Or just started paying attention to the inner workings of local governement. I am sorry for your loss...but this is Pittsfield, Ma. and there is quicksand in any area that might involve money.
pittsfield taxpayer

United States

#9 Jun 1, 2012
I hear Egremont needs some kind of help . The principal has no clue and if she did not have the president of the pto on her payroll . The parents and staff hate her enough the pto would get rid of her like they did at williams !!!
Grunin

Pittsfield, MA

#10 Jun 1, 2012
pittsfield taxpayer wrote:
I hear Egremont needs some kind of help . The principal has no clue and if she did not have the president of the pto on her payroll . The parents and staff hate her enough the pto would get rid of her like they did at williams !!!
uh oh....sounds like she might be what Alf is looking for in a Superintendant
old para

United States

#15 Jun 5, 2012
I worked at crosby with her .Nobody liked her there. I hear she even has her 2 daughters on the payroll there to ?
teachers pet

Albany, NY

#17 Jun 5, 2012
pittsfield taxpayer wrote:
It looks like the more negativity there is, the more likely it is that these failures will be rewarded. Stop endorsing them.
oh yeah its true

Pittsfield, MA

#18 Jun 5, 2012
Ottoman wrote:
How many more years is Pittsfield going to own their school bus's instead of contracting out like 99% of the country does?
and pay a local multi millionaire a fortune to park the buses on his property?
pittsfield taxpayer

Otis, MA

#20 Jun 5, 2012
Also had a budget officer set it up so the bidding went to mckandrew king everytime for suberbans for buses cause husband was carsalesman now shes gone. there buying fords ex bus director took a school suberban home Year round for years. I who payed for gas ( 9 miles to gallon )? She lives in florida ma.
truckers rule

Pittsfield, MA

#21 Jun 6, 2012
Ottoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Pittsfield rents the bus lot, pays a pension and higher wage than your so called local millionare does and Pittsfield has to buy and insure the buses and has several bosses with company cars. How can anyone who isn't getting paid off say that it cost less when 99% of the country contracts out? Peter Arlos was on to this taxpayer scam and no one wanted to listen.
Pittsfield rents the bus lot and pays the owner a bundle of hard earned taxpayer money...so guess who owns the lot?
Pittsfield watchdog

United States

#22 Jun 6, 2012
How about when they build the new dugh mcnally high the buses go there ???
Done with the corruption

Berne, NY

#23 Jun 6, 2012
I have one question for anyone who truly cares to answer and has a viable answer (I might have to go with popular opinion). Where would one go to actually get someone to truly listen to what is actually going on in the PPS and not only listen but also ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Where does the corruption end? In order to fix it, it all has to be exposed, yes that means many will go down in a blaze of glory, but, there are many many more GOOD people in the district and community who are trying to do the right thing by our kids and who are truly trying to make a difference, but can not break through the corrupt walls, because they are not "yes men" and therefore have been black balled because they will tell the truth. Now it's time to gather those people together and truly make a difference in this school district... but who will truly listen and help to stop the corruption? Anyone have an answer?
so sad but true

Pittsfield, MA

#24 Jun 6, 2012
Done with the corruption wrote:
I have one question for anyone who truly cares to answer and has a viable answer (I might have to go with popular opinion). Where would one go to actually get someone to truly listen to what is actually going on in the PPS and not only listen but also ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Where does the corruption end? In order to fix it, it all has to be exposed, yes that means many will go down in a blaze of glory, but, there are many many more GOOD people in the district and community who are trying to do the right thing by our kids and who are truly trying to make a difference, but can not break through the corrupt walls, because they are not "yes men" and therefore have been black balled because they will tell the truth. Now it's time to gather those people together and truly make a difference in this school district... but who will truly listen and help to stop the corruption? Anyone have an answer?
there is a tad less corruption since the last mayoral election but still too much to overcome.....best bet is to move out of town like 20,000 that already have. Thousands more like me waiting in line....cutting my losses...sad to say but the gob cancer has spread till near fatal for taxpayer
Guess what

Pittsfield, MA

#25 Jun 6, 2012
oh please wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen the union wasting time and being greedy and ridiculous, trivial, and was often times embarrassed to even be a part of the union.
Do you know that since Governor Walker and the Wisconsin legislature made closed shops illegal that 40% of teachers have opted out of the teachers' unions? This despite the fact that the thugs in the union will target them for harassment and worse. What does that tell you about the teachers' union?
old trick

Pittsfield, MA

#26 Jun 7, 2012
I see jake III is up to the old tricks the district plays on the people every year at budget time. It goes like this: threaten to cut programs you know involves high-achieving kids with voiceferous parents. Recently, it was the arts program, this year it's Latin. Jake knows these kids have involved parents who will come out demanding the budget approved to the penny that jake wants.
But this year, the mayor and Terry rightly reminded everyone that they did not propose any cuts, jake did. It's on jake to trim the fat elsewhere, and he could start with his top-heavy "cabinet."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Animal cruelty charges for Pittsfield man whose... 7 hr cops are degener... 1
Poll Is Pittsfield a corrupt town? (Jul '14) 7 hr cops are degener... 83
News Paintbox winners announced 8 hr cops are liars a... 3
News Mayor Tyer seeks to make Michael Wynn permanent... 9 hr cops are liars a... 4
Hey Tom Come On Out And Give Me My Money. 17 hr Paco Putan 1
News City Council panel backs ballot question to fun... Thu Tom Fontaine 3
News Pittsfield officials reflect after Taconic High... (Jun '15) Thu Tom Fontaine 12

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages