Northway Church opening in Pittsfield Announcement planned at C...

The Northway Church, a fast-growing church founded in 2002 in New York's Capital Region, will announce the opening of a new branch in Pittsfield at tonight's Christmas service at The Colonial Theatre, the church's pastor said. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
kitkat

Hinsdale, MA

#1 Dec 21, 2009
Please tell me this is not actually happening?? How bad does real life have to be for people to beieve this message??
Come on people! This is a BUSINESS. A money-making capitalistic venture. Invented to reap monetary gains from peoples faith and pain.
It's not nirvana and it sure isn't going to SAVE anyone except for those getting rich from this.
WAKE UP!
Rome

Troy, NY

#2 Dec 22, 2009
A local version of the Vatican
Sally

AOL

#3 Dec 22, 2009
This will be great for Berkshire County. A dose of truth would do our whole country well.
funny farm

Leicester, MA

#4 Dec 22, 2009
Sally wrote:
This will be great for Berkshire County. A dose of truth would do our whole country well.
Truth? Let me know when you and your fellow zombies figure out the definition of "truth."

Adding another flavor to the myth doesn't make it any more real.
me too

Springfield, MA

#5 Dec 22, 2009
What did PT Barnum say.."There's a sucker born every minute"? Something like that..people will grasp at anything.
Number 14

Clifton Park, NY

#6 Dec 22, 2009
Let the Northway Church stay right at The Colonial Theater. Good way to pay back the taxpayers of Pittsfield for that enormous boondoggle.
Pittsfield Tax Payer

East Hartford, CT

#7 Dec 22, 2009
I agree that the Church is a business pure and simple. If the Cremeans were not making money, they would be doing something else. I object, however, to their use of Reid Middle School as a venue for their "vision meeting" unless the school is charging the Church for it's use. I will be demanding answers.
Devan

West Chesterfield, MA

#8 Dec 22, 2009
These churches have become the money changers the lord despised.
religion kills

United States

#9 Dec 22, 2009
Reid School AND the Colonial should not be used to promote the lies and false hope of cults.

It amazes me that a reporter will take a quote about integrity and truth from a professional liar and not comment on that. Who are we hiring as reporters today? Cultists that cannot be objective should not be reporting the news.

My tax subsidy to the Colonial was not intended to help a cult brainwash people and harm more children. I'm with the taxpayer here demanding answers. First call to the Colonial, then to Eberwein and then the Mayor.

Wake up people, do not let these hucksters use our resources to harm people!

It is appalling the Eagle cannot report objectively. Given the Valenti piece and numerous rebuttles, you would think they would wake up and realize this is controversial...they ignored the whole opportunity in this piece to be objective.
religion kills

United States

#10 Dec 22, 2009
I wonder if it is a coincidence or really smart google adwords work..the refinance ads that always appear here ALL have an image that looks like Jesus....2 different ones have served so far for me.

Sad, but probably smart, given the audience that would like this story.
Kool-Aid Man

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Dec 22, 2009
Just don't drink the kool-aid when pastor buddy comes around with the punch bowl. or at least make sure he drinks some first.
religion kills

United States

#13 Dec 22, 2009
Pittsfield Needs Northway wrote:
All of you who have nothing positive about Northway coming to Pittsfield are to be ashamed of yourselves!!! Pittsfield is one of the most depressed, suicidal, drug infested towns in the Northeast. There is no hope, no joy, no peace in Pittsfield, just hurt, pain, anger and bitterness and I can see it and hear it in these negative comments. Northway Church will bring hope to a hopeless city and region that is dark and in need of Jesus. You may not realize it Pittsfield but you need Northway! Northway is the vehicle that God will use to bring hope to thousands of people in the Berkshires. This is not about religion or making money. If you only knew how much it cost to put on something like this you would all be ashamed of your empty, bitter, ignorant comments. There is nothing that any of you can do to stop Northway from coming to Pittsfield. It's here! You can call the mayor, Reid Middle School or the Colonial, but there will be nothing including the Devil himself who will be able to stop what God is doing. Go Northway! Go Jesus! Pittsfield will never be the same because of it!
god isn't doing anything. A huckster sees piles of money, because people need hope so badly as you say (how about we all take hope in the rebirth of the sun. How bad can it be, the days are now lengthening!!!!).

Hope indeed. No, this is a business.

I just called David Fleming. Nice man, but very, very surprised to get my call. He was not aware of the huge controversy of using public funds to advance cult behavior.

Give him a call if you don't think our tax dollars should support this group. He was very open to listening to me and like I said surprised. I'm surprised he's that insolated, but he's open to learning.
confounded

Castleton On Hudson, NY

#14 Dec 22, 2009
It amazes me that people are ready to pile on negativity when it comes to anything religion, specifically anything dealing with Christianity.

Sure, blind faith may be one of those things we question today, but let's not forget that people who have true faith are probably not the ones who would steal from us, or pop their 9 mm off in a crowd of people, or sling their drugs to teens.

We've really lost our way in this country - a land where we worship celebrities and get all our information from TV.

Never before in the history of man has an empire gone downhill so quickly. In 50 years we've gone from a land of middle class hard working, God-fearing people who read books to a wasteland of smut and debauchery and lies and losers who care more about Tiger's mistresses than helping their neighbor.

I don't really know where I sit when it comes to religion (I'm still trying to figure it out) but I know one thing - this country is %$^#ed.
Devan

West Chesterfield, MA

#15 Dec 22, 2009
Pittsfield Needs Northway wrote:
All of you who have nothing positive about Northway coming to Pittsfield are to be ashamed of yourselves!!! Pittsfield is one of the most depressed, suicidal, drug infested towns in the Northeast. There is no hope, no joy, no peace in Pittsfield, just hurt, pain, anger and bitterness and I can see it and hear it in these negative comments. Northway Church will bring hope to a hopeless city and region that is dark and in need of Jesus. You may not realize it Pittsfield but you need Northway! Northway is the vehicle that God will use to bring hope to thousands of people in the Berkshires. This is not about religion or making money. If you only knew how much it cost to put on something like this you would all be ashamed of your empty, bitter, ignorant comments. There is nothing that any of you can do to stop Northway from coming to Pittsfield. It's here! You can call the mayor, Reid Middle School or the Colonial, but there will be nothing including the Devil himself who will be able to stop what God is doing. Go Northway! Go Jesus! Pittsfield will never be the same because of it!
Now you can get mugged at church! Money please if you want a blessing! Oh for $29.95 there is a cd on how to prosperous.
hemorrhoid

Schenectady, NY

#16 Dec 22, 2009
religion kills wrote:
<quoted text>
god isn't doing anything. A huckster sees piles of money, because people need hope so badly as you say (how about we all take hope in the rebirth of the sun. How bad can it be, the days are now lengthening!!!!).
Hope indeed. No, this is a business.
I just called David Fleming. Nice man, but very, very surprised to get my call. He was not aware of the huge controversy of using public funds to advance cult behavior.
Give him a call if you don't think our tax dollars should support this group. He was very open to listening to me and like I said surprised. I'm surprised he's that insolated, but he's open to learning.
It's a free Christmas concert. You may not value that but many people do. Maybe you should have pitched your own show idea to Mr Fleming when you had him on the phone, instead of being just another Pittsfield hemorrhoid.
lolz

Medford, MA

#17 Dec 22, 2009
great another church to brain wash, and bank off people...makes me sick. talk all the churches down and build something that is useful, not useless.
lolz

Medford, MA

#18 Dec 22, 2009
confounded wrote:
It amazes me that people are ready to pile on negativity when it comes to anything religion, specifically anything dealing with Christianity.
Sure, blind faith may be one of those things we question today, but let's not forget that people who have true faith are probably not the ones who would steal from us, or pop their 9 mm off in a crowd of people, or sling their drugs to teens.
We've really lost our way in this country - a land where we worship celebrities and get all our information from TV.
Never before in the history of man has an empire gone downhill so quickly. In 50 years we've gone from a land of middle class hard working, God-fearing people who read books to a wasteland of smut and debauchery and lies and losers who care more about Tiger's mistresses than helping their neighbor.
I don't really know where I sit when it comes to religion (I'm still trying to figure it out) but I know one thing - this country is %$^#ed.
keep telling yourself that jesus lover
Devan

West Chesterfield, MA

#19 Dec 22, 2009
Sally wrote:
This will be great for Berkshire County. A dose of truth would do our whole country well.
Yeah, Put your money in the basket and they will spin the truth for ya! Notice just about every and any sermon leads up to Give and give more? If millions are given to these churches and have been for sometime ,why is it the preachers and staff do better each year and the sheep get poorer every year? God said, follow me not empty your bank account for me.
lolz

Medford, MA

#20 Dec 22, 2009
Pittsfield Needs Northway wrote:
All of you who have nothing positive about Northway coming to Pittsfield are to be ashamed of yourselves!!! Pittsfield is one of the most depressed, suicidal, drug infested towns in the Northeast. There is no hope, no joy, no peace in Pittsfield, just hurt, pain, anger and bitterness and I can see it and hear it in these negative comments. Northway Church will bring hope to a hopeless city and region that is dark and in need of Jesus. You may not realize it Pittsfield but you need Northway! Northway is the vehicle that God will use to bring hope to thousands of people in the Berkshires. This is not about religion or making money. If you only knew how much it cost to put on something like this you would all be ashamed of your empty, bitter, ignorant comments. There is nothing that any of you can do to stop Northway from coming to Pittsfield. It's here! You can call the mayor, Reid Middle School or the Colonial, but there will be nothing including the Devil himself who will be able to stop what God is doing. Go Northway! Go Jesus! Pittsfield will never be the same because of it!
wow you need serious medical help
Devan

West Chesterfield, MA

#21 Dec 22, 2009
Pittsfield Tax Payer wrote:
I agree that the Church is a business pure and simple. If the Cremeans were not making money, they would be doing something else. I object, however, to their use of Reid Middle School as a venue for their "vision meeting" unless the school is charging the Church for it's use. I will be demanding answers.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/greedy....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pittsfield declares snow emergency as powerful ... 32 min let it snow 1
Scare at the Whitehouse, Drone found on the law... 1 hr Radio Controlled 2
Mazzeo likely to be elected Pittsfield City Cou... (Dec '13) 1 hr call me a cynic 43
Letter: Learn to Cope 2 hr call me a cynic 5
Pittsfield City Council 2 hr call me a cynic 2
Prepare for blast of Global Warming Pittsfield 3 hr Carbon Taxes 5
It is a trap just for votes 5 hr Glen Back 1

Winter Storm Warning for Berkshire County was issued at January 26 at 3:51PM EST

Pittsfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pittsfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:25 pm PST